As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Playerunknown's Battlegrounds] Only You Can Prevent Blue Circle Deaths!

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Honk wrote: »
    I had a great run and saw a guy sniping from a house towards the end. I was behind him outside and he had no idea, I was stalking the circle edge the whole game.

So I figured I'll wait until he runs to the safe zone. But. He. Just. Never. Goes.

And I got caught outside the circle and it hurts sooooo much at the end. So this dude who never saw or heard me killed me with the ring. :((((((

You got to be proactive when dealing with people, because you don't know how many health kits they have or what guns they have but if you know were they are, you got an advantage. I've been trying to get more aggressive when playing (that's when I play, kinda got dragged into WoW again) and get into more fights so I can get better at shooting people. Sometimes it goes good, sometimes I miss a guy with 10 shotgun blasts while he kills me with the pan.

Yeah, true. I also need to get in more gunfights for practice. I can stealth my way into top 10 regularly but I can't fight.

Played 1,5h now and only shot at one person. Ran into him over a ridge and panic zoomed waaaaay in and just shot the ground for a while.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    So I guess there is a patch today after all? From the twitter posts yesterday, I thought they were pushing things a week?

• Options
    Vic_HazardVic_Hazard Registered User regular
    Oh right you can't punch while crouched.

Why can't you punch while crouched?

Because melee is completely broken, combined with the general early game lag and parachute weirdness make the first immediate scramble fight a complete coin toss.

If you get the gun a second before (since the lag gods favoured you), just take a breath and lie down, reload while turning around. Your opponent can't even touch you, I learned this from the other perspective. It's ridiculous.

All else every melee fight is about spamming jump punches. Because of lag and low range its completely random if you're gonna connect or not and there's no point doing anything else, even melee weapons are worse than the jump punch spam.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Downloading a 5.5gb update so it sounds like the update is out!

• Options
    KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »

Woohoo! Hopefully some of those performance improvements will resolve my buildings failing to render for the first 5 minutes of a match at random.

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • Options
    BlazeFireBlazeFire Registered User regular
    Does anyone experience severe frame rate drops when first jumping from the plane? Severe as in the steam overlay reports 5-10 FPS. All my settings (except for draw distance) are set to low. I also don't seem to get better than 60fps during gameplay. I expect more from my machine (i5-3750k, 16gb ram, GTX 1070).

• Options
    Vic_HazardVic_Hazard Registered User regular
    BlazeFire wrote: »
    Does anyone experience severe frame rate drops when first jumping from the plane? Severe as in the steam overlay reports 5-10 FPS. All my settings (except for draw distance) are set to low. I also don't seem to get better than 60fps during gameplay. I expect more from my machine (i5-3750k, 16gb ram, GTX 1070).

Everyone experiences this, and their specs don't really matter.

• Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Konphujun wrote: »
    SniperGuy wrote: »

Woohoo! Hopefully some of those performance improvements will resolve my buildings failing to render for the first 5 minutes of a match at random.

I have slightly lower expectations: I just hope they resolved the crashing. Was watching one of my regular streamers playing the test server last night, and it was just crash after crash (don't think he lasted more than 2 minutes before the game closed down).

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    The VSS is staggeringly silent. Even standing right next to someone firing it, I can't hardly hear it.

• Options
    Finally found one and got to play with it. Bullet velocity is pretty slow, your target will need to be pretty much stationary past a few hundred yards. It has single shot and full auto modes, and can take sniper rifle magazine and stock upgrades (cheek pad, I think?)

The scope seems fixed at 100m, though that might just be my keybinds being messed up since they introduced a native Delete keybind and my scope adjustments are Insert and Delete.

The scope's markings are also REALLY confusing; I kept missing shots wide right because I wasn't lining up to the center of the scope.

• Options
    SamuraiGattsSamuraiGatts Bearded Bully Registered User regular
    Rius wrote: »
    Finally found one and got to play with it. Bullet velocity is pretty slow, your target will need to be pretty much stationary past a few hundred yards. It has single shot and full auto modes, and can take sniper rifle magazine and stock upgrades (cheek pad, I think?)

The scope seems fixed at 100m, though that might just be my keybinds being messed up since they introduced a native Delete keybind and my scope adjustments are Insert and Delete.

The scope's markings are also REALLY confusing; I kept missing shots wide right because I wasn't lining up to the center of the scope.

Yeah, the Russian scopes are always pretty busy. I'd be curious to see if the range finder on the left actually works in game or is just for show.

• Options
    Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    Rius wrote: »

Yeah, the Russian scopes are always pretty busy. I'd be curious to see if the range finder on the left actually works in game or is just for show.

I'm pretty sure the 4x range finder works, so I wouldn't be surprised if works for the VSS too.

• Options
    The VSS also has a thick scope barrel, so more of your vision is obstructed when using it than when using the normal 4x ACOG.

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Close combat with the S[numbers] shotgun, the one with 5 shot capacity.

Got the first shot off, torso. He had time to turn around and kill me (lvl3 helmet, lvl2 vest) before the shotgun had cycled to the next round. Not picking that up again if I can help it.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I've seen a lot of people disparaging the pump shotty. The bigger issue with me is that I can usually get two shots off, but with every gun no matter what I miss my first shot so it's not having time for the third that screws me.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Double barrel is the light

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    TheStig wrote: »
    Double barrel is the light

Now see, that won't do for me, because then I only have one shot to kill them with! S12K is my preferred shotty because it's the least punishing to whiff with, having both ammo capacity and fire rate (I guess it's tradeoff is that it probably is much harder to one-shot people with, but I never one-shot people anyway).

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    I'm regularly surprised by the range of the double barrel. That thing'll one shot people 20-30 feet away.

• Options
    McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2017
    The double shotty is my go-to secondary, and I'm pretty sure the majority of my kills are with it. It's got pretty decent range (choke mandatory), and even though it only has 2 shots, it has way higher ROF than the winchester pump. If you don't off them with the first barrel, the second one usually does the trick. Plus the damage output will keep people from engaging you most of the time. If they eat a face full of buckshot, they usually scramble for cover, letting you reload or switch to your rifle.

Weirdly, I find the pump shotgun better for medium ranges where you can duck in and out of cover and take 3 or 4 shots. At close range, anyone with more than a pistol will murder you between pumps.

McGibs on
    website_header.jpg
  • Options
    Well, the patch seems like a wash for me. Haven't seen a VSS (not surprisingly, nor did I expect to), every match has been plagued by extreme amounts of lag/rubber banding, but I haven't had my building texture issue so there's that I guess. On the occasions I haven't had audio desync/rubberbanding/massive lag, the game seemed to run better, but its impossible to tell until the lag is gone.

I'm hoping its just the servers being pounded because patch day, but I'm not convinced.

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    So I've played a LOT of Medal of Honor: Allied Assault... a whole heck of a lot of time spent in that game.

And it really sounds like a lot of the sound effects in this game are lifted directly out of that game. Some gun firing sounds, grenade pin pulls... they are spot dead on.

It could just be a coincidence, but it sounds uncannily similar.

Ceno on
  • Options
    Dangit, now I want an M1 in this game.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    God, this game sometimes. I open a door, slightly surprised someone is actually behind it. I somehow managed to hit fucking T (which I bound to bring up map), and I'm sitting there staring at the map for like 3 seconds.

I get out and I've only been shot twice and the person has retreated into the corner of the tiny room. I somehow have a grenade equipped. I throw it. Whoops, I had smoke equipped, not one of my frags. Who the fuck even knows is happening, fire randomly. They get me, and I feel bad because holy shit assuming they didn't do the same thing that was SO potato.

I'm continually baffled how far my fingers will go from WASD for no reason when I'm surprised in this game. There is no circumstance in which I should have been anywhere near bringing the map up. I gotta get that under control.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    I heard someone moving around a house and was waiting at the front door for him. I was so intent on watching the door that I actually jumped a little when I got shot from behind by someone else. I quickly put my hands back on the keyboard and accidentally hit the prone key. I totally would've made it to cover if I hadn't done that...

• Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    FINALLY got the chicken dinner!
    The 8x scope was my savior.

• Options
    edited May 2017
    God, this game sometimes. I open a door, slightly surprised someone is actually behind it. I somehow managed to hit fucking T (which I bound to bring up map), and I'm sitting there staring at the map for like 3 seconds.

I get out and I've only been shot twice and the person has retreated into the corner of the tiny room. I somehow have a grenade equipped. I throw it. Whoops, I had smoke equipped, not one of my frags. Who the fuck even knows is happening, fire randomly. They get me, and I feel bad because holy shit assuming they didn't do the same thing that was SO potato.

I'm continually baffled how far my fingers will go from WASD for no reason when I'm surprised in this game. There is no circumstance in which I should have been anywhere near bringing the map up. I gotta get that under control.

I strongly recommend taking the time to set custom binds and dropping very aggressively for the next few matches or so to force yourself to get accustomed to it. I have a set of binds I always use for 3PS that I had to take the time to bind because if I threw a grenade at my feet instead of spamming melee one more time I was gunna lose it.

It was shortly after that I got my first two chickens.

Bind your buttons to what you hit in a panic.

Konphujun on
  • Options
    twmjrtwmjr Registered User regular
    I've just been screwing around tonight dropping into heavily populated areas. Have died fairly quickly each time but took people with me every time, too.

Now, I'm typing this post while hiding in a bush hoping someone tries to take the buggy I drove up to it.

• Options
    ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    twmjr wrote: »
    I've just been screwing around tonight dropping into heavily populated areas. Have died fairly quickly each time but took people with me every time, too.

Now, I'm typing this post while hiding in a bush hoping someone tries to take the buggy I drove up to it.

Honestly, if I see a buggy in the woods, I'm looking very carefully at all the bushes as I approach.

• Options
    Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    Got a VSS off of a kill, and I know the guy looted it in Rozhok, lucky me. It is a crazy gun though. If you stand right next to someone shooting it, you can hear it shoot, but it is quiet enough you could miss it. I think the first drop off in sound is 15m, so it is probably completely silent at 40m. It is subsonic, so no bullet crack effect when the bullets fly by either. There were a few times I shot at someone, and they didn't notice until I hit them. Then they moved to cover and got killed because they still had no idea where I was.

The bullet drop is massive on it though. I'm not sure exactly how it compares to the normal 4x, but it feels like I needed to aim at the 400m mark on someone 100m away. The damage is pretty bad too, but I think you could take someone out close quarters with the full auto.

• Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Finally! First solo chicken dinner get.

Landed in Pochinki from a south-biased west-to-east plane, and came out on top there with three kills (praise the Uzi in town!). Having so much time to loot Pochinki got me a loaded M4 (silencer and 2x), and a VSS that I never actually had occasion to use. Hung around the center of the map for a few circles, and it eventually started focusing north of the school, which was a pretty easy jog. I crossed south of the ridge that lies south of Rozhok, following that ridge past the watch tower and eliminating a fourth player along there, north of the school. I dodged a bit of fire and spent a few first aid kits eating shots from the east as I moved northeast across the road after that.

The final circles focused towards the farm compound north of the school, which made for a claustrophobic urban environment. A player camped out in the Harry Potter tower picked a fight, but was holed up in there and died to the circle after I damaged him a bit. While we had our pissing match, the other players in the top 7 were busy eliminating each other, until it came down to the final circle. It was centered on a 2-story house but with room to work all around it outside, between me with my M4 and my opponent with a UMP. Since his weapon was better in close quarters, I had to avoid corner fights and so I played ring-around-the-rosie until I caught him in the narrow space between two of the buildings. Whooooph.
    35lgmjmhxpft.jpg

Tynnan on
  • Options
    Ratsult2 wrote: »
    Got a VSS off of a kill, and I know the guy looted it in Rozhok, lucky me. It is a crazy gun though. If you stand right next to someone shooting it, you can hear it shoot, but it is quiet enough you could miss it. I think the first drop off in sound is 15m, so it is probably completely silent at 40m. It is subsonic, so no bullet crack effect when the bullets fly by either. There were a few times I shot at someone, and they didn't notice until I hit them. Then they moved to cover and got killed because they still had no idea where I was.

The bullet drop is massive on it though. I'm not sure exactly how it compares to the normal 4x, but it feels like I needed to aim at the 400m mark on someone 100m away. The damage is pretty bad too, but I think you could take someone out close quarters with the full auto.

Agreed. The silence on the VSS is nuts. I was firing it willy nilly and could tell that the other players in the surrounding apartments (the ones by the school) couldn't tell where the hell I was. That said, it's the first gun I've noticed bullet drop on and it is VERY noticeable.

Not sure if I like it or not.

• Options
    MorblitzMorblitz Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    This game's bugs have been shitting me off all night.
    First game I get some kind of lag error and desync. I end up running myself over when I try to get out of my car.

Second game I get the drop on someone with a full auto ump and I get hit by the bug where you it treats your gun as if it's set to single fire. So the dude turns around and blows me away.

Third game I literally run someone over - my car phases through them, they don't die, and they shoot me as I pass.

I know it's alpha but come. on. game.

Morblitz on
    3DS Pokemon Y Friend Code: 0645 5780 8920
    Please shoot me a PM if you add me so I know to add you back.
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    I'm regularly surprised by the range of the double barrel. That thing'll one shot people 20-30 feet away.

Huh, a game that doesn't actually have a 45-degree shotgun spread? How peculiar.

• Options
    twmjrtwmjr Registered User regular
    Imperfect wrote: »
    twmjr wrote: »

Honestly, if I see a buggy in the woods, I'm looking very carefully at all the bushes as I approach.

I actually left it over on the beach on the island near one of the bridge entrances. No one ended up showing up, but I did end up third that game. I was hiding in the first place because I had terrible luck looting when I dropped and basically only had a mini Uzi and some armor. In the next circle, I ended up getting a jump on someone and stealing his AKM and scope. Unfortunately, the next circle after that was super unfavorable and I got caught out!

The hardest thing for me in this game is finding someone taking shots at me. I think I'm OK audio wise, but I can never seem to pinpoint them in time without getting dropped.

• Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    played some of the new patch. s'all right. no Dacia compound A and B hurts my soul a little. But is what is.

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    Morblitz wrote: »
    This game's bugs have been shitting me off all night.
    First game I get some kind of lag error and desync. I end up running myself over when I try to get out of my car.

Second game I get the drop on someone with a full auto ump and I get hit by the bug where you it treats your gun as if it's set to single fire. So the dude turns around and blows me away.

Third game I literally run someone over - my car phases through them, they don't die, and they shoot me as I pass.

I know it's alpha but come. on. game.

Yeah the bugs seem a bit worse since the latest patch. I had the same bug twice last night where the blue circle started closing early on the map and actually went past the white circle. I was super confused.

• Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    Echo wrote: »

Huh, a game that doesn't actually have a 45-degree shotgun spread? How peculiar.

Yeah, and the amount of rage it inflicts on people who are used to games that make shotguns useless past 5 yards is hilarious.

• Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    I am usually way behind on these kind of things -- but I will say it anyway.
    e8o77cp1uow0.jpg

There is another Courthouse and Police Station north of the Hospital in Georgopol. It has tons of good loot and has been practically deserted every time I've dropped there.

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    I've been dropping at the "Low Loot %" houses in A5-A6 when the plane starts over them and been getting geared up quite well (usually starting at the southern one then go to the more northern ones, very rarely run into anyone else, sometimes I go west to the village on the beach and find ARs). I found a KAR 3 straight games between those settlements (one time I found two), albeit I've had terrible scope luck to go with it.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    MagicPrime wrote: »
    I am usually way behind on these kind of things -- but I will say it anyway.
    e8o77cp1uow0.jpg

There is another Courthouse and Police Station north of the Hospital in Georgopol. It has tons of good loot and has been practically deserted every time I've dropped there.

Generally thats my spot.

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
This discussion has been closed.