As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Playerunknown's Battlegrounds] Only You Can Prevent Blue Circle Deaths!

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Shotguns are too good. I've blasted people away from ridiculous range with them while the pistols are damn near useless. I think the shotguns need their max range dropped by 50% and pistol damage increase by a tad bit more.

• Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    awe... but i like shotguns feeling this good. And i have managed pistol kills. :<

You should fear, not shotguns are already getting the nerf bat per devs.

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    I've gotten pistol kills before, usually early game, but that was against people who weren't able to shoot back. If you got a pistol and try to go 1v1 with anyone wielding anything shotgun or above, you'll lose 100% of the time. Hell, I got killed by someone with a crowbar while I had a pistol and popped them 3 times.

A shotgun is the close to mid-range king. Two hits will drop you even with a police vest on, headshots are almost guaranteed unless they are right on top of you, and they are super common. Hell, they almost make SMGs useless, I'll grab a shotgun before I grab an Uzi or UMP9.

• Options
    McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2017
    I mean, that sounds totally fine to me. This is a game where engagement ranges can go out to hundreds of meters, and shotguns filling the mid/short range is fine. They're good at their role, but I don't think I've ever seen anyone using one past the 25 player mark. I do think the damage dropoff against armoured players could be greater vs shotgun pellets.
    SMGs are pretty piddly, but I think that's something the devs said they wanted to address.

AFAIK, armour all gives the same damage reduction, the higher levels just have more health (and the lvl3 helmet protects the face). It would be interesting if armour hits disoriented or stunned you a bit in the same way as stungrenades did. Would make lower damage weapons like smgs and pistols a bit more viable vs armoured targets.

McGibs on
    website_header.jpg
  • Options
    You know what would be cool.

Buck shot damage from a shotgun goes way down against armored targets but solid slug rounds down normal damage that a shotgun does now against armored targets but without the spread. And Armor Piercing rounds in pistols.

• Options
    FMJ/JHP rounds would be cool for most weapons, especially if they get better bullet penetration going in buildings. JHP does higher damage, but has low penetration and does terrible vs armour, FMJ defeats armour and goes through walls but does lower base damage.

website_header.jpg
  • Options
    So Beaglerush of XCOM fame has started playing PUBG and making me hate him even more.

https://youtu.be/tolKNg206sc

• Options
    Pft. Tactics. Whatever.
    The real way to play this game is to just get impatient with checking your corners and rush into a room to get shot in the face.

website_header.jpg
  • Options
    CyrenicCyrenic Registered User regular
    I absolutely love this game.

I am pretty bad at it though. Especially the part where I shoot at people. I'm decent at not getting shot until late in the game at least.

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    I played this a bit with a buddy. It functions, as a game...which is more than I can say for just about anything else in this genre. Even the original Arma Battle Royale is a fucking mess (mostly Arma's fault I might add).

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    CyrenicCyrenic Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    If you have yet to watch Sacriel stream, you should remedy that situation immediately

Informative, mature streamer. And occasionally you get to see stuff like this: https://clips.twitch.tv/ExcitedEvilClamPRChase

Cyrenic on
  • Options
    Today I tried to swim across the channel.

Don't try that.

website_header.jpg
  • Options
    Professor PhobosProfessor Phobos Registered User regular
    I think I might pick this up if there are people to play with.

• Options
    McGibs wrote: »

Don't try that.

Do this, but go under the bridges and swim there. Players are looking for people to either cross the bridge or just be in the middle of the water. But no one is watching the water ways under the bridge. I have swam across the rivers a lot and never even been shot. Even better, once you are on the side the circle is on, you can come up from behind and kill anyone camping the bridge waiting for cars to come across because they won't be looking for a frogman coming from under the bridge.

• Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    I'll get it if you do, Phobos.

• Options
    McGibs wrote: »

Don't try that.

Do this, but go under the bridges and swim there. Players are looking for people to either cross the bridge or just be in the middle of the water. But no one is watching the water ways under the bridge. I have swam across the rivers a lot and never even been shot. Even better, once you are on the side the circle is on, you can come up from behind and kill anyone camping the bridge waiting for cars to come across because they won't be looking for a frogman coming from under the bridge.

It's more that it after 5 minutes of swimming, I was only 100 meters from the shore, and not even halfway across the channel. It was a slow, wet death to the blue.

website_header.jpg
  • Options
    I think they are talking about increasing swimming speed.

• Options

ill play with phobos if he and you buy it.

Does that help? Ill bring kool aide.

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    mojojoeo wrote: »

There's quite a few of us who play pretty much every night; you shouldn't have trouble finding someone to join with.

Although, the solo mode is a treasure all its own, too.

• Options

There's quite a few of us who play pretty much every night; you shouldn't have trouble finding someone to join with.

Although, the solo mode is a treasure all its own, too.

If you like shitting yourself at every sound.

• Options
    edited April 2017
    Boys. This is my crowning achievement.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n6blhmuwbm6rszk/DoABarrelRoll.mp4?dl=0

Spoiler alert - car double kill followed by tactical barrell roll.

mojojoeo on
  • Options
    AstraphobiaAstraphobia Lightning Bolt! Lightning Bolt! Root! Sleep! Death!Registered User regular
    Got a second place last night, to go along with 4th and a handfull of top10s. I'm that horrible ratter that sits in the only safe house with a 12 gauge for 10 minutes.. No shame

• Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular

"I'm going for the murder!" :lol:

I ended up buying it yesterday. This guide with helpful tips seemed to help a lot to get me started.

I'm Reginald Witch on Steam. Let's fail together, dudes.

• Options

"I'm going for the murder!" :lol:

I ended up buying it yesterday. This guide with helpful tips seemed to help a lot to get me started.

I'm Reginald Witch on Steam. Let's fail together, dudes.

Added!

• Options
    Is the in-game chat good or should I try to put together some sort of Discord chat area?

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    I've got it. I'm Some Sort of Mistake on steam.

I'd be up for playing some group stuff. Not usually my kinda game but the structure and short gameplay makes it a bit more fun.

• Options
    I assume most people use Discord. There's a nominally PA Discord that I've been using when playing with other folks.

• Options
    edited April 2017
    Is the in-game chat good or should I try to put together some sort of Discord chat area?

theres a folks who met on pa one we kinda use most nights for bf1 and this.

https://discord.gg/ZudEU

mojojoeo on
  • Options
    Professor PhobosProfessor Phobos Registered User regular
    I have this now.

• Options
    Foolish ChaosFoolish Chaos Registered User regular
    This just happened in solo. Just... what?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdXCx7VIHxo

Of course I spent way too long sorting through loot and got shot, but it was worth it.

• Options
    Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZdxtuVEzDc

Probably want it on low volume. Lots of fun things in this video, but also lots of streamers being overly excited and yelling "yea baby, lets go! LETS GO!".

• Options
    This just happened in solo. Just... what?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdXCx7VIHxo

Of course I spent way too long sorting through loot and got shot, but it was worth it.

That was in solo? Then you got some cheaters there. There are not suppose to be any teams in the solo servers and you could use that video to get them banned, especially since you got their names when you killed them.

• Options
    Foolish ChaosFoolish Chaos Registered User regular
    You are right. They might have just been chasing eachother, but it does seem more likely that they were teaming. I reported it.

• Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    oh my god, that highlights reel was a treat.

the best one was the guy that spooked and unloaded shotgun rounds at his reflection in the mirror at about 4:35~

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    I had a ton of fun with you guys today!

We Laughed! We Cried! We Died!

We learned that some people aren't allowed to drive anymore.

And others are secretly Jason Statham and will always drive.

Good Time!

• Options
    DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular

Good Time!

Approved drivers list:

1. Mojojoeo

End of list.

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    I just picked this up and I'm pretty hooked. It'd be great to have a team to coordinate with, even if it's just one other person, but I'm having a great time solo. I haven't broken single digits yet, but I often place in the teens, when I'm not running over myself with a vehicle by getting out while it's running, or trying to take on someone with an assault rifle by using a pistol.

I'm visiblehowl on Steam, I added some people from the list in the OP.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    dispatch.odispatch.o Registered User regular
    Fun game. Has lots of potential. If they can pin down and squash the jankiness that comes with rendering long distances and tighten the gunplay that would be impressive.

It's already much crisper and more cleanly designed than the H1Z1 and Arma2 engine can ever hope for.

• Options
    RemingtonRemington Registered User regular
    Jesus. I just picked this up this weekend. I guess I just don't sleep anymore.

• Options

Good Time!

Approved drivers list:

1. Mojojoeo

End of list.

i will forever be sad that the complete back-flip i landed was not recorded. me and dacia..... we got this.

This discussion has been closed.