As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Playerunknown's Battlegrounds] Only You Can Prevent Blue Circle Deaths!

1939495969799»

• crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    I also suspect we're seeing a lot of the transition to gold with test content not being pushed to live servers for early access/testing immediately, and instead being put on test servers first

• RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Violence, Speed, Momentum! Especially the Momentum part.

https://clips.twitch.tv/HumbleSmokyDragonflyTwitchRPG

Rius on
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    A friendly reminder to not stay in the same spot for too long

https://youtu.be/BqMXuQrmIhg

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Ash of YewAsh of Yew Registered User regular
    Rius wrote: »
    Violence, Speed, Momentum! Especially the Momentum part.

https://clips.twitch.tv/HumbleSmokyDragonflyTwitchRPG

My favorite part of this is when he talks to his character. Cracked me up. I couldn't care less about seeing streamers' faces generally (though drdisrespect at least plays a character to begin with), but that's the best use of a webcam I've seen when it comes to that stuff.

• RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
  • BlazeFireBlazeFire Registered User regular
    Overwatch Ana pro because she throws the grenade at her teammates?

Why people? Why do you queue up for squads, then fuck off and not place some pins for your jump or follow those of us who have?

Especially since you can just queue solo into squads.

• TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    This game needs pre-made voice lines for my random squadies who for some reason queue squads without having a mic.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    "ENEMY. at. THREE. HUNDREDmeters! ENGAGING!"

• Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Leaderboards are resetting today 7pm PST.

And once I get home I will sit down and make a new thread since this one is almost to 100.

• MovitzMovitz Registered User regular
    Any news on the new maps? It's a bit disheartening that release is just a few months away. This game is great in many ways but it is still very rough around the edges.

Movitz wrote: »
    Any news on the new maps? It's a bit disheartening that release is just a few months away. This game is great in many ways but it is still very rough around the edges.

The desert map is supposed to be in the game before the end of the year (i.e. release). I think the map is supposed to be in the second 2-4 week testing phase? Maybe the third.

Testing on the test servers to be clear. It won't be on the stable/main branch till the 1.0 release at the end of the year is what it sounds like.

Essentially the new map/vaulting are 1.0 releases at this point unless you opt into the test servers.

I kind of expect I'll be playing solely on the test server once there are any new futures available. I guess they have enough playerbase to not worry about splitting the base too much.

• evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    new map is apparently 4kmx4km, so lots more action.

tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    Wonder if the round times will be the same, and we'll have longer circles as a result for longer fights.

• SamuraiGattsSamuraiGatts Bearded Bully Registered User regular
    evilthecat wrote: »
    new map is apparently 4kmx4km, so lots more action.

While that was first reported it is actually incorrect. Player Unknown himself in some of the recent interviews has stated it is roughly the same size as the current map at 8x8 km.

Link for people who want more information: https://pcgamesn.com/playerunknowns-battlegrounds/playerunknowns-battlegrounds-new-maps

• vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    First time playing in a week and a bit.

Out of three games, two ended with blatant, obvious hackers.

Now I remember why I took a break.

WATCH THIS SPACE.
    Just curious, what makes the hackers obvious?
    I don't know that I've ever seen/noticed hackers, so I'm not sure what that looks like

• PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    You'll know a speedhacker because they move really, really fast

Just curious, what makes the hackers obvious?
    I don't know that I've ever seen/noticed hackers, so I'm not sure what that looks like

In the case of last night, guy with an uzi headshotting our entire team with a single mag from about 200 meters away.

If you see it, it's pretty obvious when it happens to you - guys who will land every bullet as a headshot in a single clip on multiple moving targets with an AR or SMG.

You can report them - and eventually, they might get banned (both of my reports from about 3 weeks ago have been banned) but the sheer volume of them is getting to be overwhelming.

WATCH THIS SPACE.
    edited October 2017
    Wow! That's real shitty.
    I realize it's still EA, but they could really use some anti-cheat measures that aren't "report a dude when you find it"

crimsoncoyote on
    Wow! That's real shitty.
    I realize it's still EA, but they could really use some anti-cheat measures that aren't "report a dude when you find it"

Unfortunately, it's a big business for the hackers. If you check out the leaderboards (at least, as of this morning) it's entirely hackers, and a bunch of them have a very similar name (which is supposedly a way to advertise their hacks).

It's more than a little frustrating. Whatever my complaints with PUBG are, I still like the gameplay a whole bunch, but it's hard to want to keep playing when there's a decent likelihood of a hacker killing you from 200M away.

WATCH THIS SPACE.
    Yeah I didn't see any obvious hackers until maybe a couple months ago? When it happens, it's very blatant. It's not really one of those things where you're unsure that maybe the dude is just really good. It's a guy 150m+ out, side strafing and never missing a headshot on your entire team in a matter of seconds, while you're all moving, and/or speed hacking around which is even more obvious.

I'm not sure if it's worse lately or if it's just the lack of match making to push them all up into the top. Unfortunately like Vsove says, it's a business these days. People pay subscriptions for hacks, so I imagine the people putting them out are pretty good at keeping them up to date against the counter measures.

• Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
This discussion has been closed.