As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Megaten/Persona Discussion] Now with 500% less heart!

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    I have a soft spot for Titania, Leanan Sidhe, and Nekomata.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    My favorite non-super high levels are probably...

Dominion, Titania, Seth, Lilith, Thor, and Cerberus.

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Oh, I mean I don't keep those personas I built up on me, either. They go in the box, just like my pokemon.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Bursar wrote: »
    I have a soft spot for Mokoi. I don't know why; they're pretty bad at everything. But they're fun little root dudes with boomerangs, so I like to have one around.

You must love them in Raidou. For me, it's Leanan Sidhe.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Leanan Sidhe is love, Leanan Sidhe is life

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    milski wrote: »
    Leanan Sidhe is love, Leanan Sidhe is life

Yes, no. Don't you know your fae?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I'll hold onto Mab, Titania, and Leanan Sidhe in my NG+

And name myself Harry Dresden

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Dresden's a devil summoner?

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    cj iwakura wrote: »

First book.

• Options
    Polaritie wrote: »

First book.

Interest piqued.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Moloch is pretty cool.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    10/24 classroom question
    Fuck You, you pedantic asshole. If everyone uses "save our ship," then the s can mean save or ship,
    and "nothing" is just you being a shit.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
  • Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    10/24 classroom question
    Fuck You, you pedantic asshole. If everyone uses "save our ship," then the s can mean save or ship,
    and "nothing" is just you being a shit.
    It really is nothing, though

• Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »

First book.

Interest piqued.

If you haven't read them definitely give it a shot, excellent series and legitimately funny as well.

First book gets criticised for being a bit slow but it finds its groove and runs with it.

• Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    103 and some change for my final save file.

Now to start up NG+

...Amazing that after all that time, I STILL GET LOST in that fucking subway station.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    I just wanna point out in this thread too:

The gamefaqs social link guide is super inefficient. Use it for reference sure but it misses so much stuff and wastes much time and still has the gall to tell you to reset if you miss a single +1. Don't be afraid to stray from it. You can get 100% easier using it as a reference than following it completely.

• Options
    Wanna try a new gimmick. Rangda with Makarakarn.

• Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular

The gamefaqs social link guide is super inefficient. Use it for reference sure but it misses so much stuff and wastes much time and still has the gall to tell you to reset if you miss a single +1. Don't be afraid to stray from it. You can get 100% easier using it as a reference than following it completely.

Yeah, he ignores Fortune's special ability to pay 5k yen for affinity bonuses. Once I got that, I blew right through confidant's stories.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Gyral wrote: »

Yeah, he ignores Fortune's special ability to pay 5k yen for affinity bonuses. Once I got that, I blew right through confidant's stories.

Yep. In August alone he spent 4-5 nights just hanging out. I skipped all of those thanks to Fortune.

He also made coffee like 4 times in april and hung out with Sojiro multiple times. I made coffee once and hung out zero times. That's like 10 entire evenings across just 2 months that I gained thanks to actually using Fortune. And there will only be more from there.

Plus getting extra +1s to social stats. Every single juice after fortune can be +2 where he gets plus one. Every study session at the diner can be a +2 to the secondary stat. Every Star that gives knowledge can go to +2 instead of +1. He leaves SO MUCH on the floor.

Which should also show how much more lenient this game seems to be. If he leaves all of that behind and still maxes everything... there's a lot of room for error!

DemonStacey on
  • Options
    Huh, Black Viper is heritable?

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    I haven't aggressively min-maxed and it looks like I'm gonna have all but one maxed (and that one at seven).

If I'd have rushed fortune and temperance earlier, I'd have made it easily.

• Options
    Wonder if Ailment Boost stacks with the rest, or makes the rest obsolete.

• Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Free Swimsuit DLC today. Kinda weird since that sorta DLC they usually charge money for cause they know people will buy them. I'll probably download them, but if they're anything like the summer/winter uniform DLC, I wont use them. At least not anytime soon. Why would I want to replace the awesome costumes the Phantom Thieves wear?

There's also some Catherine themed DLC on the way, unsure if it's going to be free though.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Free Swimsuit DLC today. Kinda weird since that sorta DLC they usually charge money for cause they know people will buy them. I'll probably download them, but if they're anything like the summer/winter uniform DLC, I wont use them. At least not anytime soon. Why would I want to replace the awesome costumes the Phantom Thieves wear?

There's also some Catherine themed DLC on the way, unsure if it's going to be free though.

The catherine DLC is just another outfit/battle theme pack like all the others.

It is not free.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Of course the one I'm least interested in is free.

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Gyral wrote: »

Yep. In August alone he spent 4-5 nights just hanging out. I skipped all of those thanks to Fortune.

He also made coffee like 4 times in april and hung out with Sojiro multiple times. I made coffee once and hung out zero times. That's like 10 entire evenings across just 2 months that I gained thanks to actually using Fortune. And there will only be more from there.

Plus getting extra +1s to social stats. Every single juice after fortune can be +2 where he gets plus one. Every study session at the diner can be a +2 to the secondary stat. Every Star that gives knowledge can go to +2 instead of +1. He leaves SO MUCH on the floor.

Which should also show how much more lenient this game seems to be. If he leaves all of that behind and still maxes everything... there's a lot of room for error!

I'm in October with a lot of confidants maxxed or close to it. The only ones that are not quite there are Hermit and Devil, the latter mostly because I largely ignored even starting her. I regret starting her so late as I had maxxed out Charm well before finally starting it.

With Fortune done, my biggest block is how unpredictable confidant availability can be. Three might ask to hang out one night and the next night all of them are busy. I still need to finish getting proficiency and guts to 5 too but I actually have some time to work on those with those nights no one is available.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    I maxed every confidant just now with around 3-4 weeks left. Maxed all the stats a few weeks before that.

-Every palace in fewest trips possible except the first one, which took one extra day
    -Death, Fortune, and Temperance were highest priority confidants. I mean, they would have been anyway (who isn't going to hang out with Takemi over Ryuji every time), and their bonuses just happened to be Pretty Good.
    -Spend One Million Yens in the red light district
    -4-5 requests at a time in Mementos
    -I wasted a LOT of stat points from confidants (Like twenty ranks' worth)
    -"Spent time" maybe five times throughout the game. You better believe I got Sojiro to rank 3 or whatever and then never talked to him again for all of eternity.
    -NEVER spend your days off with Moon. Or anyone really. I blew off almost all of the off-day requests that don't advance your rank except a few that also increased stats and one at the very end of the year. I saved, watched, and reloaded.
    -NEVER make coffee for your parasitic friends
    I'll put some extra love into it next year, Yusuke : (

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Yusuke wants me to make him curry and I tell him no because I have things to do in the evening that involve money funneled into divine magic, trips to the Velvet Room, and a big-ass burger. Very busy, ask Temperance confidant.

• Options
    Outfits? Sure, that's fine, that's fine. Out of the way, give me the accessories.

• Options
    Is there a time limit on Mementos Requests? Kind of worried that at random they'll just say 'well that guy you were supposed to help is dead now. You jerk.'

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    Is there a time limit on Mementos Requests? Kind of worried that at random they'll just say 'well that guy you were supposed to help is dead now. You jerk.'

Nah. You can ignore the bullying/abuse/exploitation/animal killing for months and nobody's the worse off for it.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Zerozaki IshikiZerozaki Ishiki Registered User regular

Moon will stop letting you rank him up unless you clear them out periodically, and if he isn't ranked up he won't give you more requests. Economy early on is also built on visiting, I think, before Fortune's money train kicks in.
    Like I'd seen suggestions not to visit until July and did so and sort of regretted it. Would have made things easier if I had been going once a month.

(Winged the confidants and stats and finished with several weeks to spare, but appear to have missed a library book and don't have time for all these games.) Caught the stupid fish instead.

• Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    I never used Yusuke so I didn't bother leveling up his S-Link past Baton Pass, is it worth doing?

Sun/Death/Fortune/Temperance are the big ones I feel if you're looking to get powerful quickly.

There isn't much competition for Sun and it levels up every time you go to a speech.

Death Rank 7 is obviously super powerful for the longevity it offers in dungeons.

Temperance and Fortune for the ability to buy time/stats.

Tower, Hermit and Star offer great utility.

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Kelor wrote: »
    I never used Yusuke so I didn't bother leveling up his S-Link past Baton Pass, is it worth doing?

He lets you duplicate skill cards. Potentially handy when combined with Sun's ability to often get you skill cards.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    Yusuke was one of the few S Links I actually liked in the game.

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    Kelor wrote: »

Sun/Death/Fortune/Temperance are the big ones I feel if you're looking to get powerful quickly.

There isn't much competition for Sun and it levels up every time you go to a speech.

Death Rank 7 is obviously super powerful for the longevity it offers in dungeons.

Temperance and Fortune for the ability to buy time/stats.

Tower, Hermit and Star offer great utility.

I think I'd rank those three as Star, Hermit, Tower in terms of what they do for you, but I could be forgetting some of the higher Tower benefits.

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    I feel kind of mixed about Fortune. If you know what you're doing or following a guide, you won't actually need her bonuses much, if at all. If you're not though and just freeballing it, you probably won't have the spare cash unless you happen upon one of the more lucrative money methods and won't have the cash to pour into her. So she's really only crazy good if you're in that middle ground where you know enough about the mechanics to trivialize cash, but not really going any further than that.

I'd rank Moon, Temperance, and Star as the top three personally. Death is fine to grab early because she's one of the very few night ones you can do at all in the early game. I think her accessories are a bit over hyped though. Enemies as early as the second dungeon can be extorted for Snuff Souls, and since you can rotate party members whenever you want, unless you grind, you shouldn't really NEED all that SP. Still a great QoL investment to just not have to even think about SP anymore though.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    Man the fifth dungeon is a pain in the ass. I was a little too liberal with my sp early on and I just stopped playing at a save room where everyone was like "we're about halfway!" And I have like 4 characters with almost no sp. Great.

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
This discussion has been closed.