As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Megaten/Persona Discussion] Now with 500% less heart!

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Is that going to be on Switch, or only 3DS?

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Is that going to be on Switch, or only 3DS?

Only been confirmed for 3DS at least so far

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Nuts.

I mean, I guess I could pick it up on 3DS if I have to.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Embrace the future, ATLUS!

It should be an Oculus Rift exclusive.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Huh, the new Dancing games' Western releases have been moved up. Originally announced for 2019, these new trailers says December 4 of this year. I'm not complaining!

https://youtu.be/PXW-5ejt8fU

https://youtu.be/LhOgSVPvARE

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    You'd think they would have learned from the disastrous Japanese launch to make it cheaper in the US... guess not.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    *continues waiting patiently for Bluestacks to become compatible with Dx2*

:(

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    You'd think they would have learned from the disastrous Japanese launch to make it cheaper in the US... guess not.

I'm pretty sure "both games for $100" is cheaper than the Japanese release...

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited August 2018
    So hey, who remembers the Allegory of Whatever? :D

*Crickets*

Oh. Well, here it is anyway.

http://web.archive.org/web/20021025192309/http://www.chthonian.net:80/persona/characters/

Miraculously, it's on web archive, along with a ton of rare art and details on Persona 2, for all two of us who love that stuff.
    9tzyzl0pv8i6.jpg

Reading the FAQ here, it's terrifying how well researched the Last Battalion was.

"At any rate, a legend came to center around the spear which Hitler believed in very strongly; that whosoever possessed the spear and understood its powers for serving good and evil could conquer the world. The spear which Hitler believed to be the True Spear had a history which could be traced at least as far back as Constantine the Great, the Roman Emperor who had legalized Christianity...
    An aside to this story about Hitler and the Lance is the fact that there is another story about General George S. Patton of the United States Army. In light of the Spear's incredible legend, Patton is said to have become extremely upset at General Eisenhower's decision to return such a great talisman of power to the Hapsburgs. Consequently, some people have theorized that the lance which was actually returned to Vienna may not have been the original spearhead, but that it is, rather, a copy---a counterfeit---of the original which Patton insisted be retained by the United States...
    The sanctum included a 12,000-volume library of Aryan lore and a cavernous dining hall with an Arthurian round table for Himmler and twelve trusted lieutenants. Reportedly, each knight of Himmler's round table received a coat of arms; at the man's death, his emblem was to be incinerated in the pit of the Supreme Leaders' Hall (below), and the ashes placed in an urn atop one of twelve pedestals there." (link)

Man. I read the stupid Nazi conspiracy pages so you don't have to.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I'll probably only ever play P2 if it gets a remake of some kind.

The original has a lot of 90s design decisions I don't have the patience for anymore.

I do love the artwork though.

• Options
    Dragkonias wrote: »

The original has a lot of 90s design decisions I don't have the patience for anymore.

I really don't mind, what always gets me is how most RPGs with 90s gameplay(namely any FF) are considered classics but P2 is considered unplayable for some reason.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »

Oh man, stay far away from the original Persona: Revelations then. It's as archaic compared to P2 as P2 is compared to 3.

• Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    So does anyone actually care about Persona Q 2? I bought the first one when it came out and just never played it. Then when I watched a review, the main complaint that kept me away from the game was that there were like 4 dungeons in the game and they were all wayyy too long. If I hear that they learned from this and changed it for the sequel, I'll probably give it a shot.

They also uploaded some little clips from the story.

And maybe this was known already, but god, why the fuck is Crow there

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    Personally, I don't, but a lot of the P5 scene are excited, I guess.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Mostlyjoe13Mostlyjoe13 Evil, Evil, Jump for joy! Registered User regular
    Currently I'm playing though my Shin Megaten backlog and going into shutdown mode until SMTV finally happens.

PSN ID - Mostlyjoe Steam ID -TheNotoriusRNG
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    DeMoN wrote: »
    So does anyone actually care about Persona Q 2? I bought the first one when it came out and just never played it. Then when I watched a review, the main complaint that kept me away from the game was that there were like 4 dungeons in the game and they were all wayyy too long. If I hear that they learned from this and changed it for the sequel, I'll probably give it a shot.

In Persona 3, there was one dungeon that was 100 floors long. The experience of a dungeon in an Etrian game is also very different, so I don't think those being long would be a bad thing.

• Options

In Persona 3, there was one dungeon that was 100 floors long. The experience of a dungeon in an Etrian game is also very different, so I don't think those being long would be a bad thing.

A P3 floor takes a handful of minutes, EO's take hours.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    I'm really looking forward to Q2, hopefully it get localized.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    The issue with persona Q was that some of the dungeons were horrible. The... fourth I think was supremely awful. Mapwide puzzles with annoying enemies.

And I enjoy the EO games, it was just not a good EO game.

Frozenzen on
  • Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    You also had a shitload of breaks in-between Persona 3's massive dungeon, full of story scenes and dialog and boss fights and random faffing around. From what it sounded like, Persona Q would just be like, 10 hours of straight dungeon before you get to do anything else. That would for sure burn me out.

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Do you even get to draw your own maps in PQ? It seems like EO without any of the charm, customization, or adventure... just bad Persona fanfiction.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    You also had a shitload of breaks in-between Persona 3's massive dungeon, full of story scenes and dialog and boss fights and random faffing around. From what it sounded like, Persona Q would just be like, 10 hours of straight dungeon before you get to do anything else. That would for sure burn me out.

It's a dungeon crawler. You crawl in dungeons. That's the whole game.

The dungeons have to be interesting and the character growth you have to do (mechanically not storywise) has to be compelling or it's not going to be good.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Do you even get to draw your own maps in PQ? It seems like EO without any of the charm, customization, or adventure... just bad Persona fanfiction.
    The map drawing system is still in PQ

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular
    Do you even get to draw your own maps in PQ?
    Yeah, you did, can't remember if there were rewards for fully mapping floors out.

• Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    There were rewards, and some of the dungeons were even pretty good.

It's just that inaba pride made strange journey seem like a casual enjoyable experience.

• Options
    Frozenzen wrote: »
    There were rewards, and some of the dungeons were even pretty good.

It's just that inaba pride made strange journey seem like a casual enjoyable experience.

I don’t remember hating that section. I remember thinking clock tower was too long.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    I mean, I kinda *have* to get Q2, if just because of
    gA4NJSz.jpg?1

I do wish it was on the Switch, though.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options

Yes, I do.

When it came out, I devoured it. I had gotten like, I dunno, 50-60 hours into it.

Then I lost my 3DS.

With Persona Q inside.

I was so upset. Not because I lost my 3DS, but because I lost my Persona Q save. Honestly.

I literally went out the next day and bought a brand new 3DS (ironically, it was the Persona Q limited edition 3DS) and a brand new copy of Persona Q.

Called Nintendo and did the whole transfer thing.

Hung up with Nintendo and booted up the new 3DS. Discovered I immediately received a streetpass.

From myself.

Searched my room and my 3DS with PQ in it had fallen behind some boxes.

Ended up keeping the new 3DS and selling the new copy of PQ to someone.......here, I think.

Anyway, the point of my story is: That's how much I was obsessed with Persona Q and, yes, I care about PQ2 too.

• Options

Yes, I do.

When it came out, I devoured it. I had gotten like, I dunno, 50-60 hours into it.

Then I lost my 3DS.

With Persona Q inside.

I was so upset. Not because I lost my 3DS, but because I lost my Persona Q save. Honestly.

I literally went out the next day and bought a brand new 3DS (ironically, it was the Persona Q limited edition 3DS) and a brand new copy of Persona Q.

Hung up with Nintendo and booted up the new 3DS. Discovered I immediately received a streetpass.

From myself.

Ended up keeping the new 3DS and selling the new copy of PQ to someone.......here, I think.

Anyway, the point of my story is: That's how much I was obsessed with Persona Q and, yes, I care about PQ2 too.

• Options

I think it had an automapping option, but it was opt-in (off by default). It may not have had one, I dunno.

Strange Journey is the only one that you could not draw your own map for. But that was fine, too.

PQ was really damn good.

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »

Yes, I do.

Then I lost my 3DS.

With Persona Q inside.

From myself.

The street pass was coming from INSIDE THE HOUSE!

:D

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »

Yes, I do.

Then I lost my 3DS.

With Persona Q inside.

From myself.

It sure was.

That weekend was an emotional rollercoaster, I tell you what.

There was regret. There was sadness. Then resignation. Then there was the calm. Then resolve. Then Gamestop. Then Nintendo. Then confusion. Then self-recrimination. Then laughter.

Then more PQ.

There was also a very long hangover.

Drez on
  • Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »

Yes, I do.

Then I lost my 3DS.

With Persona Q inside.

From myself.

The one time in my life I was slugged by a woman was when I pulled that gag on an old girlfriend.

I was sitting in the back of a bus, and by coincidence she gets on the same one. She doesn't notice me and sits down right in front of me (the back seats face straight ahead while the ones in front are sideways, so she was perpendicular to me). She's only two feet away and looking at her phone so I start texting her.

> You've got to get out of there!

> ??

> The killer is inside the bus! GET OUT OF THE BUS!

Her text finger pauses as she keeps reading. How does he know I'm on a bus...?

> HE'S RIGHT NEXT TO YOU! GET OUT OF THERE!

She slowly looks to her right (away from me) like she's trying to not look like she's scanning everyone on the bus.

> NO! TO YOUR LEFT!

Pause, and even more slowly starts looking to her left.

"BOO!"

Passengers heard a woman scream, punch/slap a man in the face, almost get up to help her, then see her go "oh shit" and start examining/tending where she hit him, then a couple punches to the arm and swearing.

It probably didn't help that we had just watched Black Christmas (the original) two nights before.

MrBody on
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Catherine FB comes out on 2/14 in Japan. I'll probably import it just like I did the first time.
    (See below)

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Scans are out. Sheesh this new version is gonna be insane.

Catherine-Full-Body_Famitsu_09-11-18_002-600x338.jpg
    Catherine-Full-Body_Famitsu_09-11-18_004-600x338.jpg
    Catherine-Full-Body_Famitsu_09-11-18_005-600x338.jpg

The standard edition will cost 7,980 yen.
    The limited edition will cost 13,980 yen and include a slip art box, four-disc soundtrack CD, art book, and special downloadable content set.
    An Arrange Mode featuring new mechanics has been added.
    There are more than 500 stages—two times the amount of the original game.
    Over 20 animated scenes have been added.
    You can change Catherine’s voice. In addition to Miyuki Sawashiro (Catherine’s main voice actor) and Mamiko Noto (who voiced Fuuka Yamagishi in Persona 3), nine additional voice-overs will be released as downloadable content. Each unannounced voice actor has previously played the role of an adulterous lover.

Catherine-39.jpg
    Rin looks adorable.
    get?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcdn3.dualshockers.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2018%2F09%2FCatherine-36.jpg&key=hwvIn4rY4VaHJOBnG6rApw&w=600&h=280
    get?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcdn3.dualshockers.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2018%2F09%2FCatherine-31.jpg&key=dvAySdaBwJQL6P4Zh6rgkQ&w=600&h=283

Young Katherine?

get?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcdn3.dualshockers.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2018%2F09%2FCatherine-16.jpg&key=J7FfrYqNMk0R3l1UehOerQ&w=600&h=250

UI looks sick:
    get?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcdn3.dualshockers.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2018%2F09%2FCatherine-20.jpg&key=l5ofclBug0EltsN_-Ag-RA&w=600&h=254

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options

The limited edition will cost 13,980 yen and include a slip art box, four-disc soundtrack CD, art book, and special downloadable content set.
    You can change Catherine’s voice. In addition to Miyuki Sawashiro (Catherine’s main voice actor) and Mamiko Noto (who voiced Fuuka Yamagishi in Persona 3), nine additional voice-overs will be released as downloadable content. Each unannounced voice actor has previously played the role of an adulterous lover.

Catherine-39.jpg
    Rin looks adorable.
    get?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcdn3.dualshockers.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2018%2F09%2FCatherine-36.jpg&key=hwvIn4rY4VaHJOBnG6rApw&w=600&h=280
    get?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcdn3.dualshockers.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2018%2F09%2FCatherine-31.jpg&key=dvAySdaBwJQL6P4Zh6rgkQ&w=600&h=283

Young Katherine?

get?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcdn3.dualshockers.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2018%2F09%2FCatherine-16.jpg&key=J7FfrYqNMk0R3l1UehOerQ&w=600&h=250

UI looks sick:
    get?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcdn3.dualshockers.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2018%2F09%2FCatherine-20.jpg&key=l5ofclBug0EltsN_-Ag-RA&w=600&h=254

So, uh, what exactly are they doing with the main story?

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Tcheldor wrote: »

Catherine-39.jpg
    Rin looks adorable.

Young Katherine?

UI looks sick:

Hopefully taking out all the transphobia

Lol yeah right

• Options
    Tcheldor wrote: »

Catherine-39.jpg
    Rin looks adorable.

Young Katherine?

UI looks sick:

Hopefully taking out all the transphobia

Lol yeah right

Take it with a grain of salt, but Hashino said that they acknowledge that culture has changed and the game will reflect it.

A pile of salt, more likely.

wVEsyIc.png
This discussion has been closed.