As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Megaten/Persona Discussion] Now with 500% less heart!

• Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    I mean I'd never wear it in real life because I am the most boring person fashion wise, but for a video game character that shit looks fresh as hell.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    H0b0man wrote: »
    I mean I'd never wear it in real life because I am the most boring person fashion wise, but for a video game character that shit looks fresh as hell.
    I feel ya.

I fucking love bowler hats but I could never get away with wearing them in real life.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Hopefully there is a way to tune the encounter rate on SMT3R

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    EdTyZWLXkAoJhVJ.png

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I tried so hard to like SMTIV, but at a certain point getting my teeth kicked in so far they fly out my ass because the enemy got a lucky crit and wiped my team with no opportunity for me to stop it stops being fun and starts being an exercise in patience and I don’t play games to beat my head against a brick wall until I finally break through

Yeah I’m aware the difficulty is frontloaded and it’s maybe the easiest SMT, my point stands

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I’ll eat my turkey sandwich if Persona 5 Royal doesn’t come to Switch in like September 2021.

At this point I’m absolutely convinced that at least a part of ATLUS’s fiscal strategy is to sell the same game to their fanbase over and over and over and over and over and did I mention over again by putting significant distance between what is likely the last time they bought/played the game.

So, September 2021 on Switch sounds about right to me.

Also, I’m gonna eat my turkey sandwich anyway but still.

Also also, I don’t actually have a turkey sandwich.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    It's more likely to come to PC than Switch honestly.

Regardless, P5 was made on an internal engine and who knows what platforms that engine even supports.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Well I guess I'll go see how much the PS4 LE of Nocturne will go f- good god almighty.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Genji-GlovesGenji-Gloves Registered User regular
    So my heart skipped a beat last night when I heard the news that Nocturne/Lucifers Call was coming back.

For the people who haven’t played it your in for a treat! Soundtrack is a killer as well.

I want that special edition. I missed out on the original special edition the first time it got released. Thankfully still have my Double Jump books guide on the game.

Also leaving this here because it’s hype time.

https://youtu.be/uXjxLUDq1Uc

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Yikes, how did I miss this?
    "-Real "Monthly Ayakashi Special Final Issue" (106 pages)"

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    Getting nocturne on my ps4 or switch means i might finally finish it.

I started it multiple times, but always got bored of how incredibly aimless it is. I always puttered around trying to reach new areas and got annoyed by the high encounters rates. The music and mood only carried it so far for me.

My longest attempt got to the top of some tower where i beat up Ares or Thor? Can't quite remember, could be another war related god. They asked me to join them and I said no, and there was once again no indication whatsoever of what to do next.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    V is v pretty

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    H0b0man wrote: »

I was about to say that I wish there was more stuff like that because men's fashion is just so boring and staid in general before I remembered I actually do have a t-shirt with a strong floral theme in the form of a Warframe shirt. A lot goes on on that shirt between the purple color, pink flowers, and techno-organic warframe with a big sci-fi sword.

It's not the kind of look for everyone though. What works on some can easily be too loud on others, not that that prevents the latter from still wearing it.

Having something bolder on an otherwise pretty conventional outfit is a good way to do it. The type of flower makes me curious given it's not a cherry blossom, lotus, rose, or other common symbolic flower. Looks kind of like a lily if a lily had 5 petals instead of 6.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    The end of that trailer is a perfect way to segue into some kind of character customization stuff if they're going the demi-fiend route with things. And the mainline Megaten games are pretty blank slate protagonists anyways so it's a natural fit.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    HakuninHakunin Registered User regular
  • Options
    Hakunin wrote: »
    GMZYeab.png

Interesting, but it doesn't feel right to have it be him. I hope they keep it strictly its own thing like the previous games have (mostly) been.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    I'd love to see some connections to Nocturne in the story.

My gut is telling me thats not him though. If it is, holy shit..Timmy got frickin jacked.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    The only direct connection between the main line games is 1 to 2 or something, isn't it? 3, SJ, and 4 are all their own thing.

• Options
    Do you think with the advent of the Switch, the technology is finally there for a decent world map?

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Polaritie wrote: »
    The only direct connection between the main line games is 1 to 2 or something, isn't it? 3, SJ, and 4 are all their own thing.
    Not quite. In nocturne:
    you get references to the church of gaia in the amala network, plus it's heavily implied that Hijiri either is, or is a reincarnation of Aleph, the MC of 2

heenato on
    M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Hakunin wrote: »
    GMZYeab.png

Interesting, but it doesn't feel right to have it be him. I hope they keep it strictly its own thing like the previous games have (mostly) been.

Also, the red glowing lines on his body don't look anything like the Demi-fiend's tattoos.

I'm guessing it's either a brand new demon or a redesign of, I dunno, Masakado.

• Options
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Do you think with the advent of the Switch, the technology is finally there for a decent world map?
    No more mazes.

Please god.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    No more mazes.

Please god.

What's wrong with mazes?

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    No more mazes.

Please god.

What's wrong with mazes?

Let's rephrase: No more bullshit mazes with dumbass traps and teleporters that are just mean.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    No more mazes.

Please god.

What's wrong with mazes?
    Everything.

I don't want to be corralled into little stiff roads, have to go through subways, etc. Trying to navigate 4's map is a chore.

• Options
    Overworld maze bad, dungeon maze good.

Assuming a good auto map.

Teleporter mazes are only allowed if the game tracks the teleporters for you (or you're inside a giant tree).

• Options
    NyysjanNyysjan FinlandRegistered User regular
    I stopped playing Persona 4 little while back in favor of other games, largely due to how boring the mazes were.
    I don't really mind random maps, but when every corridor looks like every other corridor, it gets really, really boring.

• Options
    Tcheldor wrote: »
    No more mazes.

Please god.

What's wrong with mazes?

Let's rephrase: No more bullshit mazes with dumbass traps and teleporters that are just mean.
    Fuck Strange Journey.
    (I love Strange Journey)

• Options
    Genji-GlovesGenji-Gloves Registered User regular
    The Demifiend appeared as the optional secret boss in Digital Devil saga part 1. Was also tough as nails.

Not the first time he has shown up. Also there may to be some deeper links between SMT V and Nocturne?

• Options
    New gameplay footage at 30:00ish

Fiends confirmed to have VA at 33:00.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular

have they discussed if there are any changes besides VA/better graphics/Raidou?

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    edited July 2020

Fuck no.

Tokyo in SMT 5 is gonna be like SMT 4 but Tokyo's layout is gonna change with every phase of the fucking moon this time.

So like 8 constantly shifting versions of SMT 4 Tokyo. Updates after every random battle which are 3x more frequent than Nocturne.

Drez on
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »

Fuck no.

Tokyo in SMT 5 is gonna be like SMT 4 but Tokyo's layout is gonna change with every phase of the fucking moon this time.

So like 8 constantly shifting versions of SMT 4 Tokyo. Updates after every random battle which are 3x more frequent than Nocturne.

Occasionally there will be a crowd of slow walkers and it'll take 4 times as long to traverse the street.

When you move through an intersection there's a chance for a random encounter involving a Law demon citing you for jaywalking.

Sometimes a street just flat out will be shut down for pothole repairs or other roadwork.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    Everyone's always giving their wishlists for "ideal version of X game"

We should start a new trend/game - least ideal version of the game. It's a fun thought exercise.

Which will be banned by YHWH in the next SMT game. NO THINKING

• Options
    Tcheldor wrote: »

have they discussed if there are any changes besides VA/better graphics/Raidou?

There's gonna be a Free DLC super easy difficulty released as well.

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    So someone was kind enough to rip the cutscene graphics for me from Nocturne, none other than the brilliant modder who did the fan-translation of Raidou Chronicles:

7oo8fqorwt9y.png

Make that a boss fight in Nocturne HD, pls.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Someone finally started translating the Raidou Kuzunoha manga(itself an adaptation of the Lonely Marebito LN), and uh, it lays on the shounen pretty thick...

o4gckoi303f7.png

But Raidou is pretty shounen to begin with, so hey.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    I've been wanting to play the Raidou games for some time, which is why I bought the reprints from VGP. But the games go for like $100-200 now even for the reprints - well I guess I'm just never opening them then

This discussion has been closed.