Options

[Megaten/Persona Discussion] Now with 500% less heart!

178101213101

Posts

  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    Yusuke
    Holy shit bro you seemed lame af at first but that transformation is probably the fucking coolest character change I've seen in years.

    You go foxtail. Never let em' kinkshame your furryness. Welcome to the Heartbreakers.

    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    i'm alright with yusuke
    i'm glad they finally managed to make the serious, withdrawn character not fucking boring this time

    apparently all they had to do was make just enough of a weirdo for him to actually be likeable. hurray.

  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Excuse me, Yusuke isn't weird.

    He's an artist.

    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    Temperance had me squirming in discomfort for almost the entire thing. also the rank ten bonus

    camo_sig2.png

    3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Igor: "Don't bother to question it, just fuse as many personas as you can to get stronger"

    Meanwhile the personas you no longer use guilt the shit out of you for abandoning them when you converse with them

  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    I'm really loving a lot of things about this game:
    Having a cat that talks and follows you everywhere is exactly my kind of power fantasy. I wish I could take my cat everywhere with me. :D

    I really love the way they incorporate the heist motif into everything. The castles work really well as a heist and as a dungeon. The characters all fall into recognizable roles. Ryuji's the muscle, Ann is the face, Makoto's the mastermind, Morgana's the "wheelman"... erm, cat... etc. You even get a forger (Yusuke)! Right around the time I hit summer, I was thinking "You know what they need? A hacker..." and lo and behold, here comes Futaba...

    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Also, the Big Bang Burger challenge... so many stat boosts. :O

    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Aww man. 9/14 currently.
    Poor lost kitty is, like, my WORST nightmare. I literally have nightmares about this.

    Seeing that empty space in your desk where Morgana used to hang out gave me a lump in my throat.

    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    I feel like the first section of the game really should have more options than just Sojiro and Ryuji. After this, I'll be buried in them, I imagine.

    It feels like the designers wanted to direct people to the non-confidant stuff early to try to keep things more manageable. But then there are so many places to boost social stats or do part time work or item creation that are a bit hidden away. It took me way too long to find the diner in Shibuya.

    Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

    Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    zs1HuZO.jpg?1

    Hell yeah.

  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Some games have things you can only get through fusion-accidents.

  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Where can I go to read books? It seems like you only get to read if you're lucky and get a seat on the train. Though, I do love watching DVDs with Morgana.

    Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Kelor wrote: »
    zs1HuZO.jpg?1

    Hell yeah.

    There's a point at which we needed to stop and we've clearly passed it.
    But let's keep going and see what happens.

    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Where can I go to read books? It seems like you only get to read if you're lucky and get a seat on the train. Though, I do love watching DVDs with Morgana.

    Check the counter at Leblanc, to the left of the phone. I think you can also read at the library.

    Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Haven't decided what persona should carry the set Maragi, Mabufu, Mazio, Magaru, Mapsi, Mafrei, Apt Pupil, One Shot Kill/Makouha.
    Think I'll go with good old Ongyo-ki for Power Charge, Mind Charge, Regenerate 3, Invigorate 3, Angelic Grace, Ali Dance, Evade Phys, though. Since I'd rather use Kaguya for something else, this time.

    PLA on
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Where can I go to read books? It seems like you only get to read if you're lucky and get a seat on the train. Though, I do love watching DVDs with Morgana.

    Check the counter at Leblanc, to the left of the phone. I think you can also read at the library.

    You can borrow some from the library also, I don't fully recall but I'm pretty sure there is one for each attribute.

    Just talk to the girl at the counter on the left as you walk in. She'll lend you one even though you're a delinquent.

  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    Also in the third dungeon it is super easy to capture some of the personas there with a single elemental spell.

    I gave a few of my personas a boost by guillotining three or four of the easily capturable ones at a time.

  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Kelor wrote: »
    Maz- wrote: »
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Where can I go to read books? It seems like you only get to read if you're lucky and get a seat on the train. Though, I do love watching DVDs with Morgana.

    Check the counter at Leblanc, to the left of the phone. I think you can also read at the library.

    You can borrow some from the library also, I don't fully recall but I'm pretty sure there is one for each attribute.

    Just talk to the girl at the counter on the left as you walk in. She'll lend you one even though you're a delinquent.

    She gets a new book each time you get a new party member.

    Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    Genji-GlovesGenji-Gloves Registered User regular
    I'm can't help but smile a little when I pass the baton. Not so much the damage that comes but the animations of the team.

    Little touches in this are great. The audio in DVD,s cinema or hearing the enemies "it's tha ph-ph-phantom thieves!"

  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    For being phantom-thieves they sure mug a lot of things.

  • Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    The Cake Knight Rises was A+

    psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    Man, on a technical standpoint, this is the best JRPG I've ever played. Everything is so smooth, the presentation is so good damn amazing, the combat is fast and snappy.

    Jesus, is this 1998 again?

  • Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    Regarding Persona 5 FeMC, why doesn't she exist again? :(

    BUXKuwg.jpg

    How else are they gonna sell 5P5?

    a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    Dalantia wrote: »
    Zunde wrote: »
    Okay somebody explain to me what the hell just happened
    I was messing around with fusions and selected two and instead of the normal cutscene i got a unskippable one where instead of the normal scene playing out the guillotine got stuck so the Twins pulled out chain saws and the result was not the same as what it said i would get (I was going for Jack frost got matador instead)

    It's a fusion accident.

    These things happen. RNG gonna RNG.

    y2oJHHy.jpg

    At least we got THAT over with real fast in P5.

    I think.
    Referring to it being the mid-boss of Palace 1.

    That wasn't Mara, just a slime.

    Mara is still there too.

    IN ALL THE UPGRADED GRAPHICS COCK GLORY.

  • Options
    delf4delf4 Registered User regular
    Listen you stupid cat, all I did was talk to my friends today. I think I can read a book before going to bed.

    (Also this game is fantastic)

  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    Dalantia wrote: »
    Zunde wrote: »
    Okay somebody explain to me what the hell just happened
    I was messing around with fusions and selected two and instead of the normal cutscene i got a unskippable one where instead of the normal scene playing out the guillotine got stuck so the Twins pulled out chain saws and the result was not the same as what it said i would get (I was going for Jack frost got matador instead)

    It's a fusion accident.

    These things happen. RNG gonna RNG.

    y2oJHHy.jpg

    At least we got THAT over with real fast in P5.

    I think.
    Referring to it being the mid-boss of Palace 1.

    That wasn't Mara, just a slime.

    Mara is still there too.

    IN ALL THE UPGRADED GRAPHICS COCK GLORY.

    It was the Nocturne devolved version.

    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    Dalantia wrote: »
    Zunde wrote: »
    Okay somebody explain to me what the hell just happened
    I was messing around with fusions and selected two and instead of the normal cutscene i got a unskippable one where instead of the normal scene playing out the guillotine got stuck so the Twins pulled out chain saws and the result was not the same as what it said i would get (I was going for Jack frost got matador instead)

    It's a fusion accident.

    These things happen. RNG gonna RNG.

    y2oJHHy.jpg

    At least we got THAT over with real fast in P5.

    I think.
    Referring to it being the mid-boss of Palace 1.

    That wasn't Mara, just a slime.

    Mara is still there too.

    IN ALL THE UPGRADED GRAPHICS COCK GLORY.

    It was the Nocturne devolved version.

    Well the BIG BOY is still there as well :)

  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    I said something slightly inaccurate upthread that... something... jogged my memory of.

    It was about working the convenience store job. You DO get something for working at it (and the flower store job). You need to work twice at both those jobs to unlock a Mementos quest. I don't think it'll even pop until like August though. Exceedingly minor, but eh. The burger job directly unlocks the Sun Confidant.

    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    delf4 wrote: »
    Listen you stupid cat, all I did was talk to my friends today. I think I can read a book before going to bed.

    (Also this game is fantastic)

    "FUCK YOU CAT I NEED TO RETURN SOME DVDs THEY'RE THREE DAYS OVERDUE DON'T MAKE ME FEED YOU TO AN ATM"

    er, so I overheard a friend say, once.

    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    ALn1Ud8.png

    camo_sig2.png

    3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    i'm in a stretch where i don't think i've had a free day in like, a week

    and summer break is coming up...

  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    delf4 wrote: »
    Listen you stupid cat, all I did was talk to my friends today. I think I can read a book before going to bed.

    (Also this game is fantastic)

    "FUCK YOU CAT I NEED TO RETURN SOME DVDs THEY'RE THREE DAYS OVERDUE DON'T MAKE ME FEED YOU TO AN ATM"

    er, so I overheard a friend say, once.

    The perils of renting DVDs in this game... thank god they forgive the first late fee.

    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    I only got to study twice before exams... I knew all the answers, but on the last day of exams Morgana was like "This is going poorly, don't expect a good grade."

    D:

    Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    delf4 wrote: »
    Listen you stupid cat, all I did was talk to my friends today. I think I can read a book before going to bed.

    (Also this game is fantastic)

    "FUCK YOU CAT I NEED TO RETURN SOME DVDs THEY'RE THREE DAYS OVERDUE DON'T MAKE ME FEED YOU TO AN ATM"

    er, so I overheard a friend say, once.

    The perils of renting DVDs in this game... thank god they forgive the first late fee.

    "You were late returning a DVD...? I KNEW YOU WERE A CRIMINAL!"

  • Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    See, I didn't know that you had to return the DVDs yourself, I thought that in typical video game fashion it would just disappear from your inventory on the due date. I ended up with a late fee of like 20,000 on my first rental and even though I couldn't see the clerks face, I could feel his 'are you fucking kidding me' glare

    psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Options
    Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    I said something slightly inaccurate upthread that... something... jogged my memory of.

    It was about working the convenience store job. You DO get something for working at it (and the flower store job). You need to work twice at both those jobs to unlock a Mementos quest. I don't think it'll even pop until like August though. Exceedingly minor, but eh. The burger job directly unlocks the Sun Confidant.

    Beef bowl, not burger

    PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    I think that Heat Riser is impractical. Everywhere except Persona Q.

  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    See, I didn't know that you had to return the DVDs yourself, I thought that in typical video game fashion it would just disappear from your inventory on the due date. I ended up with a late fee of like 20,000 on my first rental and even though I couldn't see the clerks face, I could feel his 'are you fucking kidding me' glare

    I bet its Randal.

    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    See, I didn't know that you had to return the DVDs yourself, I thought that in typical video game fashion it would just disappear from your inventory on the due date. I ended up with a late fee of like 20,000 on my first rental and even though I couldn't see the clerks face, I could feel his 'are you fucking kidding me' glare

    I knew I had to return it but the game would literally not let me do anything on the day it was due or the next day, so I had a 2 day late fee (which they waived at least for first time). In fact, the only reason I could even return it that day was because I had a story mission in Shibuya so it let me go there briefly.

    I have to say that is one kind of annoying thing I dislike. Like, seriously, you are going by the location every day after school. Why the hell can I not take two seconds to drop it off? Instead the game auto-skips from after school to evening :(

    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular
    The best time for renting DVDs is the period right after you finish a palace. That's a good 1-2 weeks where you'll more or less have complete control over your days and nights.

    PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
This discussion has been closed.