As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Megaten/Persona Discussion] Now with 500% less heart!

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Wow, the weapon shop music is legit. Is anyone else reminded of the Toa Armory guy from P2?

I love how true-to-life Shibuya feels, same with the station. It really is that crazy, but I had an easy time once I kept track of the signs(which helped with the prologue a lot).

Why 'Buchiko' instead of 'Hachiko' though?

wVEsyIc.png
    Syngyne
  • TulabelleTulabelle Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Kotaku has an interesting article noting down something that's in the tutorial section but not explained normally over the course of the game.

http://kotaku.com/hidden-persona-5-tip-will-help-you-nail-every-demon-neg-1794089838

Each demon/persona you negotiate with has a personality type in their status screen, and the personality determines what kind of responses they prefer during negotiations.

Ya, it is super helpful and is actually in the digital instruction manual as a nice table.
    28mmhh5afr3b.jpg

PLAMagic PinkGenji-Gloves
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    I'm fairly sure negotiation has almost no RNG involved this time, which is good.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    Magic Pink
  • DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    Man I'm really happy I keep multiple saves

So I ran out of sp in my second trip to the first dungeon and came upon what appeared to be a miniboss, so I decided to leave the dungeon and go back the next day. Well the next day I find out
    after the miniboss there was like, one floor left, and the treasure room, which then promptly kicks you out of the dungeon and makes you go to bed without doing anything. So if I didn't have that save to go back to, I would have spent an entire day on like, a miniboss and 2 enemies. Phew.

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    DeMoN wrote: »
    Man I'm really happy I keep multiple saves

So I ran out of sp in my second trip to the first dungeon and came upon what appeared to be a miniboss, so I decided to leave the dungeon and go back the next day. Well the next day I find out
    after the miniboss there was like, one floor left, and the treasure room, which then promptly kicks you out of the dungeon and makes you go to bed without doing anything. So if I didn't have that save to go back to, I would have spent an entire day on like, a miniboss and 2 enemies. Phew.

The future ones are a lot better naturally paced and will force you out for PLOT reasons at checkpoints. There's even a little tutorial popup thing warning you when the second one opens to try to get dungeons done early because you can only go so far before PLOT occurs and that you'll have to spend multiple days clearing them, whether you want to or not. Of course, where those are and the warning you get for when you're forced out is still fairly arbitrary. Save often. Rotate saves.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    Get one test question wrong and immediately reload to a save 4-5 game days prior

Not even mad.

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    That feeling when you unlock a confidant and the lowest level persona you can create for it is still a bunch of levels above you.

• ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    Some of them auto level without influence from having a corresponding persona with you.

I think both Sun and Moon are like this and I know Strength is.

Magic Pink
  • PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Wow, the weapon shop music is legit. Is anyone else reminded of the Toa Armory guy from P2?

I love how true-to-life Shibuya feels, same with the station. It really is that crazy, but I had an easy time once I kept track of the signs(which helped with the prologue a lot).

Yeah, that seems like a jokey thing, doesn't it? For fun, if I had to guess. It's that type of "not brandname" change that shows up all the time, but it's the first time I can remember it being used for Hachiko.

• Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    So I'm following the 100% guide because the sheer amount of options available makes me panic and I had to do the first dungeon in one run and it absolutely sucked. I do not enjoy the dungeons this time around at all and it may completely kill the game for me.

But two questions:

Can you not go to the Velvet Room from dungeons anymore? Or did I just not unlock the ability yet?

What's the Social Sharing ability for when you're in dungeons? They told me about it but nothing happens whenever I hit the touchpad no matter where I was.

PLA wrote: »

Yeah, that seems like a jokey thing, doesn't it? For fun, if I had to guess. It's that type of "not brandname" change that shows up all the time, but it's the first time I can remember it being used for Hachiko.

Wasn't it a different name in Tokyo Mirage Sessions too?

• Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    So I'm following the 100% guide because the sheer amount of options available makes me panic and I had to do the first dungeon in one run and it absolutely sucked. I do not enjoy the dungeons this time around at all and it may completely kill the game for me.

But two questions:

Can you not go to the Velvet Room from dungeons anymore? Or did I just not unlock the ability yet?

What's the Social Sharing ability for when you're in dungeons? They told me about it but nothing happens whenever I hit the touchpad no matter where I was.

The Velvet Room door is at the entrance of the dungeon.

I'm not quite sure if that is what you mean, but when enemies ambush you, then can essentially hold one of your party members hostage. You then have to negotiate with them to release your party member. If you're connected to the internet, you can call on another player to help you, which automatically makes the negotiation successful.

Maz- on
    Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
    Maz- wrote: »

But two questions:

Holy crap, really? That is amazingly stupid. There should be an entrance in all the safe rooms.

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

But two questions:

Holy crap, really? That is amazingly stupid. There should be an entrance in all the safe rooms.

But you can warp from any safe room to any other, including the entrance.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    Xerink
    Polaritie wrote: »

But two questions:

But you can warp from any safe room to any other, including the entrance.

Oh!

I knew you could warp between rooms but not the entrance.

That's much better. Still, I'd rather have it in the rooms but that can still work. I obsessively update my personas.

• DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular

Well they start off the game saying that none of this is based on reality so I'm guessing it's related to that.

Also I love seeing Hachiko statues in games because I have an adorable Japanese Akita!

PLA

Wasn't it a different name in Tokyo Mirage Sessions too?

I don't remember. Hmm.

• Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Kotaku has an interesting article noting down something that's in the tutorial section but not explained normally over the course of the game.

http://kotaku.com/hidden-persona-5-tip-will-help-you-nail-every-demon-neg-1794089838

Each demon/persona you negotiate with has a personality type in their status screen, and the personality determines what kind of responses they prefer during negotiations.

Oh this would have been nice to know :( I kept failing the demon unicorn thing negotiation :P I had kind of picked up most of this on my own, but it was also mostly me guessing. I did not know you could tell what personality they had from a menu!

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    Quick question, do you get an experience boost from ending a fight with an All Out Attack? Can't quite remember what the tooltip said and I'm wondering if there's any point in using it to end a fight vs demanding money or an item.

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • KelorKelor Registered User regular
    Quick question, do you get an experience boost from ending a fight with an All Out Attack? Can't quite remember what the tooltip said and I'm wondering if there's any point in using it to end a fight vs demanding money or an item.

I'm not sure on experience, that seems to be fairly static.

You definitely get more money for an AOA.

Just knocked over the second dungeon.

Felt a lot more balanced than the first one in terms of safe rooms.

pyromaniac221Genji-Gloves
  • GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular

I don't know about a boost from an all out attack, but you definitely get less experience if you end a fight through negotiation; or put another way, you get less experience for every demon you don't kill.

3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
    Magic PinkDemonStaceyXerinkpyromaniac221
  • DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular

The point is to end the fight while actually killing the enemies!

The other options are for personas and extra cash. But if you want to kill the enemies for xp AOA is the way.

You can get a confidant that allows you to
    act after you demand money so you can keep demanding money but at the risk of them getting a double turn. You can also demand money and THEN AOA so that you get the bonus money as well as full xp for the encounter.

pyromaniac221
    Oh this is a horrible spoiler request but is there a list anywhere of what's in the locked treasure boxes in the first Palace?

I only have one more run in there and I can only open 2.

edited April 2017
    Oh this is a horrible spoiler request but is there a list anywhere of what's in the locked treasure boxes in the first Palace?

Not that I could dig up in my 5 minutes of Googling. The chests in the first dungeon are super skippable though. Just a slightly better weapon for Morgana and some SP stuff. Dim memories of future dungeon say that the trend continues; useful things no doubt, but nothing earth shattering if you miss it and the equipment will go out of date within a dungeon or two.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
    Magic PinkDemonStacey
    Everybody's going to play their own way obviously, but min/maxing every day just seems stressful to me :?

Then again I'm not determined to 100% the game in one playthrough, so that helps.

This might be a slightly complicated way to do it but here is a map. The you can cross reference the map icons with the chest info in the charts below.

http://wiki2.h1g.jp/p5/index.php?カモシダ・パレス

Somewhat sorta helpful maybe info (as I haven't been there yet so I'm not able to give the best answers)
    one has a weapon for morgana, the others seem to be consumables. The one in the tower is supposedly the most skippable of the 4.
    The other 3 are the weapon and 2 SP consumables. So between this and that link you should be able to pick one other to skip.

Sorry that wasn't more helpful.

Magic Pink
    edited April 2017
    Everybody's going to play their own way obviously, but min/maxing every day just seems stressful to me :?

Then again I'm not determined to 100% the game in one playthrough, so that helps.

it is incredibly stressful

I admit I chose poorly

Magic Pink on
  • AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular

it is incredibly stressful

I admit I chose poorly

I feel for you, magic. I'm not trying to 100% it and I'm still stressing over getting stats up and spending time with confidants. I think it was in early June in the game where I said "Damn it, I wish I could NG+ this right now! I need more time!"

PSN|AspectVoid
  • QuiotuQuiotu Registered User regular
    Add me to the list of people that played the first dungeon a little off. I got to the last safehouse and left assuming there'd be a final boss. But then I head in next time and get told the main purpose of the first run through is to get the route mapped to the treasure. You don't TAKE it and fight the boss until later.

And while that's slight spoilers, I feel it's not explained well enough and needs to be warned ahead of time to other players. I had a previous save, so I was fine. Otherwise I'd have to waste a day heading back and sneaking another 500 feet to get the route finished, then forced to leave.

wbee62u815wj.png
    Magic Pink
  • TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Question: code names dungeon 2+
    when you get a chance to give yusuke a code name and then the character after him, did I just luck into guessing the right names or could I have given him a name other than Fox etc?

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Are the scratch tickets a scam? I've bought one every single day so far and I've never gotten anything.

In so far as scratch-tickets in general are a scam, yes. But it is supposed to have prizes.

I must have the worst luck then.

Also, is going to the batting cages or doing training in your room worth it? I'm kinda weary of spending my time doing something that doesn't give me any social stats.

I'm at 6/7:
    I haven't gotten a fucking thing from scratch-offs.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
    I went for a perfect schedule the first time through Persona 3, and it wasn't that great. Persona 4 I just tried to get all the coolest things that were easy, and spent the rest of my time on becoming a perfect golden god for the next playthrough.

I don't remember a time when I left a dungeon before reaching a dead end.

• akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    edited April 2017

I spent an extra evening to make more lockpicks before my final run at the Palace, only to discover that the following evening, despite being locked out of doing other nightly activities in order to prepare and get some rest. Making lockpicks was actually considered preparing and I was able to do it again. Whoops. It's still practice for stat gains and I'll need the extras later anyway. But I did get the last two chests in there and I probably could have skipped em. I think there was a
    Morgana weapon and a consumable.Oh and a pearl in each that's worth 1k I think

akajaybay on
  • GyralGyral Registered User regular
    Quiotu wrote: »
    Add me to the list of people that played the first dungeon a little off. I got to the last safehouse and left assuming there'd be a final boss. But then I head in next time and get told the main purpose of the first run through is to get the route mapped to the treasure. You don't TAKE it and fight the boss until later.

And while that's slight spoilers, I feel it's not explained well enough and needs to be warned ahead of time to other players. I had a previous save, so I was fine. Otherwise I'd have to waste a day heading back and sneaking another 500 feet to get the route finished, then forced to leave.

I consider this less "spoilers" and more of a "doing the community a solid" because I also considered leaving the dungeon at the last save room. Instead I saved, thought "Aw fuck it, let's see how badly I get thrashed" and then found out that there was going to be Bossus Interruptus that day.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
    akajaybay
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    Are the scratch tickets a scam? I've bought one every single day so far and I've never gotten anything.

In so far as scratch-tickets in general are a scam, yes. But it is supposed to have prizes.

I must have the worst luck then.

Also, is going to the batting cages or doing training in your room worth it? I'm kinda weary of spending my time doing something that doesn't give me any social stats.

I'm at 6/7:
    I haven't gotten a fucking thing from scratch-offs.

When I saw that stand I had immediately the same reaction I had in real life: oh fuck no, that's just throwing my money away.

Drez
    I bought every single can of soda in P4G.

OneAngryPossum
    So last night I lost about an hour of progress when I ran into a level 16 enemy that just beat the shit out of me (this is in the first dungeon, and I was level 8). In general, it seems like the color indicators are pretty unhelpful once it turns red, and I'm fairly confident this enemy was unavoidable. Am I missing something?

edited April 2017
    So last night I lost about an hour of progress when I ran into a level 16 enemy that just beat the shit out of me (this is in the first dungeon, and I was level 8). In general, it seems like the color indicators are pretty unhelpful once it turns red, and I'm fairly confident this enemy was unavoidable. Am I missing something?

yeah you have to completely avoid that one I think

but it's not easy. I had finally turned down to Safe and I could take it.

Magic Pink on

The end of the first dungeon has a major power spike in the generic enemies for no good reason. The forced minibosses and dungeon boss itself aren't actually bad at all, but the enemies will be happy to take off 90+ HP a shot.

ztrEPtD.gif
    Grundlestiltskin
    Also, there's Red enemies = higher levels and Smoking Red enemies = holy crap levels I think too

Bluecyan
This discussion has been closed.