Options

[Megaten/Persona Discussion] Now with 500% less heart!

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited April 2017
    11. The boss was a cakewalk, but I also used Tarunda.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    Okay so having two party members able to use Rampage simplified my life tremendously on the 2nd boss

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I'm about to hit my 5th Palace and yep this game is still the bee's knees

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Hahaha...

I beat the 3rd palace in one run (I was running on fumes at the end. Except the MC, because rank 7 Death).

Leaves a LOT of time to grind out social links and such.

And now I need 100k (I assume it's Fortune. But I could be wrong). Good thing I finally got Sun 2, and I'm overdue to knock some stuff out in Mementos anyways... (of course I can't go deeper for another couple days, but I need the money infusion BAD after dumping all this cash in Temperance and movies and shit)

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    Yooooooooooo.

Sixth party member is awesome.
    I liked that they break with the trope and she's not this super reserved acetic character.

I had her pegged to be the support character and was really hoping that wasn't the case since she clearly wasn't happy with the directions she was being pulled around in or situations she was forced into.

• Options
    ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    I finished the first palace in one day and ended up at level 18.

I did.. a lot of grinding

• Options
    Zunde wrote: »

Yeah, that sounds like a ton of grinding.

I was only 18 when I beat the second dungeon and I've got plenty of resources.

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Quiotu wrote: »
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    Donnicton wrote: »
    My big worry with this game is time management, I'm terrified I'm gonna miss out on something or skip leveling a character. The social aspect is really really cool but I'm worried I'll run out of time if I don't grind out the dungeon.

There's a good spoiler-free walkthrough on GameFaqs that you can follow if you're super set on getting everything on the first playthrough. Otherwise yes, you are going to miss things.

It's important to note that that's how to get literally every trophy possible in the game (aside from clearing some NG+ only things) in one playthrough with no major save/loading, not merely how to get all the Confidants maxed. There's three straight weeks at the end of it spent on nothing but the dumber grind trophies (eg read all the books or play all the video games), providing you literally no benefit whatsoever at that point, something you could do from pretty much any late game save in about fifteen minutes and then simply reload once the trophy's registered to get the time 'back'. It's not even an optimal one either. There's a Japanese one that finishes all the Confidants a week or two earlier. P5 is WAAAAAY easier on the NG time crunch than even P4, to say nothing of the nigh impossibility without a guide of P3.

I'd never get the Platinum anyway, because they added another 'hear all 250 navigator lines' trophy, and fuck that trophy in the ear.

I just had that trophy in P4G after a while. One of those roadkill-trophies.

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Man, the number of confidants available at night is crazy. Don't think I'll be able to do much else at night if I wanna get them all to 10.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    I'm just focusing on one at a time, as long as you have the matching persona on you it's pretty rare you don't gain a level up every time so don't stress about not being able to max them out.

The only guide I've been using is the confidant one, this one is well done and tells you the ones that offer maximum points.

Kelor on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Really wish they'd done away with the 'spend time with social link but nothing progresses' days. Add a mechanic or something to make it less likely, like 'the relationship could improve if I do [x]..."

My cat took a liking to the game:
    C87k5TzVwAAD0tq.jpg
    C87mc_WV0AAdwSE.jpg

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Well, the friendship-meter fills. I guess it technically is a mechanic that makes itself less likely.

PLA on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    the second boss is so fucking busted

i forgot to stock up on revives beforehand and i straight up cannot win

this is the saltiest one of these games has ever made me

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Re: Party Relationships and all female party members not being able to date anyone due to having to be pure or protagonist-waifu.
    I'm sure if not for the above reasons, Ryuji and Ann would eventually date in game. They have such good chemistry and banter. They'd be romantic BFFs.

It kills me that, once again, party members can't form romantic relationships because all girls have to be reserved for the MC.

Unless the game at least pulls a P3 later on and gives someone a Junpei style NPC romance.

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Regarding Persona 5 FeMC, why doesn't she exist again? :(

BUXKuwg.jpg

• Options
    Elendil wrote: »

How I handed it:
    Have Ryuji spam Rampage, preferably under Tarukaja. The mouth will absorb it but it can tear the other three parts to shreds. And the mouth doesn't do party-wide attacks.

@vagrant_winds you broke your spoiler tags.

Got Fortune unlocked. Not entirely sure the mechanics of the first bonus as I don't think I'm seeing more notes? I tried stacking it with a movie and the movie buff buff (books ftw) and still only saw three notes.

Temperance 5 looks nice.

And Skiki-ouji is the best thing ever once you get Sun 2, because it can land at 3k+ per extortion and isn't particularly threatening. Also it appears solo in the third path of Mementos. Just get Frei on the MC and go nuts (and even better is that with Adhesive 3 equipped you actually net SP each round of it)

• Options
    @Polaritie

Thanks, fixed. At least it's not really a spoiler.

• Options
    Polaritie wrote: »

How I handed it:
    Have Ryuji spam Rampage, preferably under Tarukaja. The mouth will absorb it but it can tear the other three parts to shreds. And the mouth doesn't do party-wide attacks.

Got Fortune unlocked. Not entirely sure the mechanics of the first bonus as I don't think I'm seeing more notes? I tried stacking it with a movie and the movie buff buff (books ftw) and still only saw three notes.

Temperance 5 looks nice.

And Skiki-ouji is the best thing ever once you get Sun 2, because it can land at 3k+ per extortion and isn't particularly threatening. Also it appears solo in the third path of Mementos. Just get Frei on the MC and go nuts (and even better is that with Adhesive 3 equipped you actually net SP each round of it)
    how do you keep it from revive spamming in the second phase, though

i absolutely cannot hobble past that phase without half my party down and once your party is sufficiently in disarray, it's impossible to coordinate the simultaneous kill

• Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular

You can extort revives from nue most of the time i think.

• Options

How I handed it:

Temperance 5 looks nice.

i absolutely cannot hobble past that phase without half my party down and once your party is sufficiently in disarray, it's impossible to coordinate the simultaneous kill
    Hmm. I actually only saw it revive once. My next rampage dropped the eye that did it and the nose, and I just went all in from there.

I mean, it can only revive one part at a time I think and none of the pieces are particularly sturdy, so you can keep focus-firing from there?

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular

How I handed it:

Temperance 5 looks nice.

CROSS....SLASH.

Should one shot them.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    Oh, one thing bugging me is the twins.

I got to rank 5 and...
    Well, I'm mainly curious who's responsible for the list. I mean, it could be Igor. He at least would have expected that you held the Wild Card.

But there's also at least two (or three, counting P3P) residents who could be responsible for it.

Or the butterfly himself.

• Options
    ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    Looking at that Art makes me wish i could play as that Female MC.

• Options

The story could easily work with a female MC, too. Instead of having a criminal record for interfering, they can say she cried wolf.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    Or screw that, she can be a girl that stood up for another girl and has a criminal record...

• Options
    QuiotuQuiotu Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Kelor wrote: »
    I was so annoyed, I checked out for the day via the elevator then came back the following day to the first dungeon and it took all of about five minutes to hit the save room.

And then immediately got booted out to do the calling card.

I've been trying to warn everyone about that. You can't treat the palaces like other Persona dungeons. The singular goal of getting to the treasure room in P5 is to map the route to it. The boss fight happens later.

I did what you did at first. Luckily I had a save at the beginning of my dungeon run that day. Word of advice to anyone not used to Persona games... SAVE. A lot. These games surprise you and force you to reconsider your life choices in the game quite often.

Quiotu on
    wbee62u815wj.png
  • Options

BUXKuwg.jpg

Primarily to have something really awesome and new when the Crimson GotY Edition is announced. At least, that's my assumption.

wbee62u815wj.png
  • Options
    cj iwakura wrote: »

The story could easily work with a female MC, too. Instead of having a criminal record for interfering, they can say she cried wolf.

ckHHtwn.gif

• Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    They should just have her kill that guy, then rework the plot if he ends up being a major character

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Options

Sheeesh. I one day'd it on hard at lvl11.

It was a lot of avoiding fights till later on and abusing Slime + Mokoi for resist physical and for super high Str/Agi with status effect enhanced physical attacks.

How the bloody hell did you get to lvl18 without really strong SP regen?

• Options
    Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular

Primarily to have something really awesome and new when the Crimson GotY Edition is announced. At least, that's my assumption.

They get asked about it a lot and have said no every time, "it's too much work, wouldn't fit the story, etc.".

P3P seems like was a one off thing.

PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
  • Options
    MortifiedPenguinMortifiedPenguin Registered User regular

They get asked about it a lot and have said no every time, "it's too much work, wouldn't fit the story, etc.".

P3P seems like was a one off thing.

Which is a shame, because I ended up preferring the female MC in P3P. Helped that the Moon Arcana was actually interesting in her route.

• Options
    This is very important.

Can you date Yusuke? He's kinda the best.

• Options
    Lol

Went back in with rampage and didn't even trigger the special event the boss died so fast

That move is dumb

That fight is dumb

• Options
    Lol

Went back in with rampage and didn't even trigger the special event the boss died so fast

That move is dumb

That fight is dumb

Ryuji's really useful for just saying "fuck it" and hurting things.

• Options
    edited April 2017
    So now that I'm past the first palace and know kind of what's going on, thinking back on the intro just makes you think about all SORTS of scenarios.
    I mean, the police were there, it was an ambush... but they were still in a Palace, at least if the scenarios stay the same. So either the police force were all manifestations, and considering the amount of guns it's not that far off, or the police force can infiltrate the Metaverse as well, which is... troublesome.

That also means that either the interrogation was handled after they pulled the MC out of the Palace, or they stayed in the Metaverse somewhere. If the police station is a Palace as well, and that's something I just assume happens eventually, then you have to wonder who's creating it.

If the theme remains the same from the previous Personas, then someone else behind the scenes is pushing the oppression to peak. It would be someone who could not only enter the Metaverse, but have enough power to create their own place there. My guess is someone in a very high position in Tokyo or Japan is looking to swallow Tokyo completely in the Metaverse along with the population, to turn it into their twisted version of utopia.

Anyway, I think about this shit too much, but after you learn enough about what situation they SHOULD have been in during the intro, it just floods my twisted mind with questions.

And I don't wanna know if I'm right!! I'm just rambling and ranting to get it off my chest.

Quiotu on
    wbee62u815wj.png
  • Options
    Question about one of Ryuji's confidant abilities:
    If I beat an enemy with Insta-kill, do I still get experience and money?

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »

No.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    Maz- wrote: »

No.

Well, shit.

• Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    Do is there any skill I should be grinding out like mad? Like how in P3 you needed to grind out knowledge like a freaking mad man to get it to max before a certain day. Is there anything like that in P5?

This discussion has been closed.