As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

GPU driver problems.

Hello, I've been having some GPU driver problems. I'll frontload the TL;DR for you: used to have Win 8, now have Win 10. The drivers for my Radeon HD 7750 1gb no longer work. Yes I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling them.

OK, so, about six months ago I updated to windows 10. Coincidentally, about a week later my PSU died. I've been a busy guy recently and so I just used my girlfriends computer until I had the time and money to troubleshoot and fix whatever then unknown problem was with my desktop. So yesterday I got a new PSU, installed it, and the computer boots up fine. The only problem is, at some point there may have been a windows update of some sort? That apparently isn't compatable with my drivers? I've tried using a utility to wipe the drivers and reinstall fresh multiple times, using both the autodetect program that ATI provides and choosing the specific drivers from a list based on my make/model. Neither work, and so now I'm stuck in shitty resolution and unable to play games. As I said in the TLDR above, it's an older computer (about 5 years) and I'm using a Radeon HD 7750 1GB. Other than the PSU all the hardware is unchanged from the day I bought it.

I'm not really an expert, and I'm sorta at the limit of my ability to figure things out for myself. Has this happened to anybody else and did you fix it?

camo_sig2.png

• Options
    nefffffffffffnefffffffffff Registered User regular
    A little bump and then I'll let this die

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular
    Personally I would do a clean install of Windows 10 and see if the problem resolves.

PwH4Ipj.jpg