As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[The Legend of Zelda] Link's Awakening remake coming to Switch in 2019

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    I found a special horse!
    It is giant!
    ... now what?

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    I found a special horse!
    It is giant!
    ... now what?

Theres a quest linked to it.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2017
    I found a special horse!
    It is giant!
    ... now what?

Theres a quest linked to it.

It's not part of the mane quest line though.

MichaelLC on
  • Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    I found a special horse!
    It is giant!
    ... now what?

Ride upon it so that you may hunt the flesh that is weak! (In all seriousness, that horse is strong enough to kill any animal short of a rhino by running into it, making it perfect for hunting from. It's pretty brutal vs the red and blue enemies too).

Also good for jumping off and doing slow-mo headshots on things. Or just jumping off to get into platforms you cant easily climb to. Lotta uses, that horse.

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    KPCKPC Registered User regular
    I found a special horse!
    It is giant!
    ... now what?

Ride upon it so that you may hunt the flesh that is weak! (In all seriousness, that horse is strong enough to kill any animal short of a rhino by running into it, making it perfect for hunting from. It's pretty brutal vs the red and blue enemies too).

Also good for jumping off and doing slow-mo headshots on things. Or just jumping off to get into platforms you cant easily climb to. Lotta uses, that horse.

I love how it'll just run forever without you needing to baby its stamina. It's not the fastest horse but Dollop will outrun them all.

Ya I named it Dollop.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    What I want to know is, am I the only one who dances along with him whenever he shakes those maracas?

It's the only animation in the game I made sure to watch every time.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    KPC wrote: »
    I found a special horse!
    It is giant!
    ... now what?

I love how it'll just run forever without you needing to baby its stamina. It's not the fastest horse but Dollop will outrun them all.

Ya I named it Dollop.

That horse may be the breed of horse
    Ganondorf rode in Ocarina.

• Options
    Ark EvensongArk Evensong The NetherlandsRegistered User regular
    Kadoken wrote: »
    KPC wrote: »
    I found a special horse!
    It is giant!
    ... now what?

Ya I named it Dollop.

That horse may be the breed of horse
    Ganondorf rode in Ocarina.

And I thus named it
    Frodogann
    ... I was doing an alphabet thing and it was F's turn. So backwards / anagram time, I guess?

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Ganonhoof

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    I named it Ganonhors

...not enough spaces available to get the e on the end there.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Gallopity Ganon.

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Clamanity Clop.

• Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    I think I've had the most fun with this game since I moved my dock into my office and played on my second monitor. I don't know what it is.... I guess I'm just more of a PC gamer now.

Today I just explored and farmed armour mats. Damn hearty bass.

Now I just need to save up enough for the last fairy. Or sell a bunch of stuff and immediately regret it. Is there maybe a list of what not to sell for those last armor upgrades?

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Trying to get horns from dragons to upgrade armor is awful. I gave up after so many attempts where the dragon didn't spawn or I shot off a scale instead of a horn or I shot something off but got hit by the ambient damage sources and couldn't find my drop after I recovered.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Figgy wrote: »
    I think I've had the most fun with this game since I moved my dock into my office and played on my second monitor. I don't know what it is.... I guess I'm just more of a PC gamer now.

Now I just need to save up enough for the last fairy. Or sell a bunch of stuff and immediately regret it. Is there maybe a list of what not to sell for those last armor upgrades?

I just sold a stack of diamonds and other jewels. Once you start fighting silver enemies they're basically just monster parts.

Vyolynce on
  • Options
    dantreedantree Registered User regular
    Speaking of dragons, it seems like each interaction drops just one item, no matter how many times I hit it, is that correct?

psn: dantree
  • Options
    dantree wrote: »
    Speaking of dragons, it seems like each interaction drops just one item, no matter how many times I hit it, is that correct?

Correct. But once you find a good spot, each material costs you a firepit.

• Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    dantree wrote: »

That is correct. Further, though you probably already know this, it never hurts to point out the other major confusion point for neophytes: the first drop you get will always be a scale, no matter the actual impact point of the arrow.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    Road BlockRoad Block Registered User regular
    While we're giving Dragon tips. I believe getting the horn requires a triple shot bow to work.

I also once had a weird glitch where after multiple runs of failing to hit the dragon I finally figured out the damn thing had somehow become insubstantial. I could see it flying but I couldn't hit it, there were no energy balls and I could fly straight through it.

• Options
    Road Block wrote: »
    While we're giving Dragon tips. I believe getting the horn requires a triple shot bow to work.

Incorrect

• Options
    Fair enough. I'd heard it somewhere and after a few flubbed runs with a single shot I did the rest with a triple shot rather then risk losing more time.

• Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    Just have to hit the horn.

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options
    DHSDHS Chase lizards.. ...bark at donkeys..Registered User regular
    Best bows for dragon farming are, Phrenic, Golden and Ancient. The first two zoom and third has little to no arc just a rifle straight shot. Twilight bow might also be good because it is basically a laser gun but I don't have one so I dunno.

"Grip 'em up, grip 'em, grip 'em good, said the Gryphon... to the pig."
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    The Lynel bows are kinda junk for Dragon farming because the shots arc like crazy. Those bows are shotguns, not rifles.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    NobeardNobeard North Carolina: Failed StateRegistered User regular
    I found the barbarian armor torso piece. I don't feel like blindly searching for the rest but I don't want to just look them up. What region are the other pieces in?

• Options
    Nobeard wrote: »
    I found the barbarian armor torso piece. I don't feel like blindly searching for the rest but I don't want to just look them up. What region are the other pieces in?

The same kind of places you found the first one.
    All three pieces are in the large Labyrinths. They're distinct and somewhat conspicuous structures on the map once you scan a tower, but if you want the locations they are
    On an island north of the Akkala Research Lab, In the tundra between Death Mountain and Mount Hebra (basically dead center of the northern most part of the map), and to the east of the Gerudo Desert.

• Options
    Vyolynce wrote: »

I just sold a stack of diamonds and other jewels. Once you start fighting silver enemies they're basically just monster parts.

Meat. Always sell meat. Cook 5 prime meats for a meal that sells for over 200 rupees, or 5 gourmet meats for 490 rupees.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Shadowfire wrote: »

Meat. Always sell meat. Cook 5 prime meats for a meal that sells for over 200 rupees, or 5 gourmet meats for 490 rupees.

IIRC there was also someone who'd buy it at 100 per, but considering the number of clicks, cooking it is probably easier.

Hunt in the cold areas, the animals there have better quality meat. But you need to grab it before it freezes

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Spoit wrote: »

IIRC there was also someone who'd buy it at 100 per, but considering the number of clicks, cooking it is probably easier.

Hunt in the cold areas, the animals there have better quality meat. But you need to grab it before it freezes

What do you mean number of clicks? You can sell items by the stack

• Options
    Spoit wrote: »

What do you mean number of clicks? You can sell items by the stack

No, there's a guy who will give you a silver rupee for each gourmet meat you give him, but you have to talk to him each time. Also, he only eats three per day.

• Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Hexmage-PA wrote: »
    One of my biggest disappointments with BotW was the utter lack of a proper villain. Ganon is merely another monster to be killed, albeit a very strong one. I miss Ganondorf as a character with motivations and meaningful interactions with Link and company.

Wind Waker was probably the best in this regard and I'm afraid Nintendo will never attempt to top it.

As someone who had been on media blackout regarding the game until I bought it I was disappointed to read that Ganon was the bad guy yet again. When I actually started the game and saw characters referring to him as "Calamity Ganon" and that he himself primarily manifests as a pig-headed snake cloud I was much more excited and couldn't wait to see what his true form looked like.
    When he finally popped-out as a grotesque cybernetic mutant with a centipede-like configuration and a mangled face I was beyond pleased.

I really liked the implication that, while Zelda and Link are reincarnated as similar but not identical people, continuous resurrection attempts have basically caused Ganon to become a monster in body and mind.

BTW, I similarly loved how Mega Man X6 brought in a zombified Sigma whose only lines were things like "DIE! JUSDIE!"

One of my favorite things was that
    he's like half Guardian. If you looked close you might be able to put the pieces together to make an entire Guardian.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    Another moneymaker is selling high duration elixirs. For example one bug/lizard + four monster guts makes a potion that lasts 10+ minutes and sells for 200+ rupees. I tend to do this with beetles because they really aren't useful to make high effect potions (since cooking their food equivalents is much easier). And also so Beedle will stop bugging me for beetles every time I want buy/sell from him.

• Options
    I was always a bit wary of elixirs because alot of Monster parts had crafting purposes. Meat is safe though (except fish. Keep the fish)

Ended up making my 10000 for the final fairy by selling a crapton of Amber and Luminous gemstones. Still had enough Amber to fully upgrade the Amber necklace and unless your doing it for completion or you just really like the design the armor you use luminous gemstones for isnt worth upgrading. That said you can trade them for Diamonds so that's something to keep in mind.

• Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    If you're looking for money...
    There's at least one good mini-game that should consistently get you several hundred rupees in ~3 min.
    It's north of Death Mountain.
    The Gut Check Challenge on Gut Check Rock

Faster than farming meat, but probably not than selling meat you've already farmed.

• Options
    Road Block wrote: »
    unless your doing it for completion or you just really like the design the armor you use luminous gemstones for isnt worth upgrading

I dunno. I really like not being harassed by Stals every night (as long as I'm not in a cold region).

• Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    I spent the majority of my time in Shiekah armor because strait up running behind people for the sneak attack and the movement speed bonus at night were really nice.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    MrTLicious wrote: »
    There's at least one good mini-game that should consistently get you several hundred rupees in ~3 min.

Faster than farming meat, but probably not than selling meat you've already farmed.

The fastest is
    snow bowling that's just below one of the towers in the icy northwest.

There are ways to make sure you stand in the exact same spot every time when you drop the snow boulder so that you get a strike every time for 300 rupees.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLzj37cFetE

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    MrTLicious wrote: »

The fastest is
    snow bowling that's just below one of the towers in the icy northwest.

There are ways to make sure you stand in the exact same spot every time when you drop the snow boulder so that you get a strike every time for 300 rupees.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLzj37cFetE

Haven't been there yet! Will keep a lookout.

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    About two weeks ago i decided to start a new game. I set a few rules for myself.

I would avoid all storyline interactions until i had the master sword.
    I would restrict fast travel usage unless i was trapped, or otherwise really far from my next goal.
    I would try and avoid activating towers unless i had already found several shrines around said tower.
    No upgrades of the slate until after i get the sword.

I've kept with it for the most part.
    I got my 40th shrine
    over the weekend, and collected the sword. Then i went to see impa for the first time, and i had enough mats from my shrine hunting to then go to the lab and upgrade all the slate abilities. In my first runthrough i got to about 90 shrines...this one ive already found at least 4-5 that i had never found before.

I'm mostly doing this cause of all the comments the NPC's made when i introduced myself and they were all like 'sure your the hero...wheres your sword?'. This time i hope to get a little more respect :)

azith28 on
    Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    azith28 wrote: »
    I'm mostly doing this cause of all the comments the NPC's made when i introduced myself and they were all like 'sure your the hero...wheres your sword?'. This time i hope to get a little more respect :)

This happened to me twice and I've already said that it will be the last time.
    I know where the sword is, but have no idea how strong I have to get before I can take it out, nor do I want to know.