As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Nice weather [chat]

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I skipped every graduation but my high school one. Was pretty over it after that.

Yeah, my parents were all "You don't want to walk for college graduation?"
    Uh no, because it's in December, you're not going to drive across the state to come, and I don't want to pay hundreds to rent a cap and gown. Just gimmie that certificate.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    I've had no negativity at work today and it's been fan-fucking-tastic.

Like an entire day so far, 6AM to now, just feeling chill.

Oh god you are already doing the vegan thing.

I'm just saying I don't think this day was supposed to exist.

Someone made a mistake. I'm reaping the benefits.

Ok Peter, just don't listen to Micheal when he comes up with his great idea.

You lost me on that one.

https://youtu.be/-81WdyD-8Ro

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    milski wrote: »
    Sleep wrote: »
    Vanguard wrote: »
    What kind cola do you think they drink at the Holocaust Centers

Fanta
    credeiki wrote: »
    i wonder if i pay off my degree if I can go to the next commencement

everyone says its a stupid ceremony but I kind of wanted to go

I kinda regret not going to commencement for grad school. I was too angry to go at the time but honestly it would have been nice to have my advisor or department chair put the damn doctoral hood on me

Bam they actually put an executioner's hood on you, symbolizing your fate.

R.i.p.

meh the executioner's hood is for the beginning of grad school

the doctoral hood is to secure $$$ over what I might have been paid without said hood, and that's it

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    I find that reporter woman very, very attractive.

Used to women expressing horrified disbelief at what they're witnessing?

as he calls it, "bedroom eyes"

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Also Spool I haven't had any potted meat products since I made you my promise.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    edited April 2017
    nah

A Kobold's Kobold on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    Captain UltraCaptain Ultra low resolution pictures of birds Registered User regular
    I graduated after a winter semester and got a much less fancy ceremony becuase of that. But I didn't spend that much money and not get the hat.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    where do we talk about sean spicer maybe engaging in holocaust denial

No where, it didn't happen.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    i got a hsed and 2 college degrees and never been to a graduation ceremony

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular

here, I think.

Or the Live Events thread if that is still around

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    My friends and I all sat in the front row of our high school graduation and wore fake facial hair that we applied too late for the teachers to do anything about it.

Dumb, I know, but I think its held up reasonably well.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular

The...basement?

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Ludious wrote: »

The...basement?

we can't talk about it because *pulls out and reads card* it is too soon to discuss gun policy while the bodies are still warm

wait shit this one's from the wrong deck

override367 on
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    in the "Spicer talked about how the Holocaust isn't real" thread, duh.

It's currently two below the "Trump's kid looked bad in that suit and body armor" thread and was started by whoever put together the

"rude photos of Ivanka's calves getting out of cars in New York" discussion.

• Options
    (we have too many political threads)

• Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    At my graduation ceremony the speaker spent a great deal of time congratulating the faculty for doing a good job, then told us the story of Bill Gates, who dropped out of college but through hard work and determination became Bill Gates, and so a degree isn't everything.

7/10 would not attend again.

• Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    now that i think about it i'm probs wrong please shame me while i'm out in the desert of shame

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Our valedictorian was a pretty mediocre woman who got perfect grades by intentionally avoiding every advanced placement class she was eligible for.

I think she spoke for about 2 minutes.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options

And yet, still not enough.

But dear god can you imagine trying to mod one of those threads

I can 100% see why they are kept to a minimum.

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Surfpossum wrote: »
    At my graduation ceremony the speaker spent a great deal of time congratulating the faculty for doing a good job, then told us the story of Bill Gates, who dropped out of college but through hard work and determination became Bill Gates, and so a degree isn't everything.

7/10 would not attend again.

What a fucking rube

Yes, on the grounds that Gates had unlimited access through his parents to one of the first mainframe PCs at the University of Michigan

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    SniperGuy wrote: »

And yet, still not enough.

But dear god can you imagine trying to mod one of those threads

I can 100% see why they are kept to a minimum.

yeah it's a weird situation where I can't really disagree with the mod staff (not that it matters, cause it's their call anyway) but like damn we've got too many threads.

whattayagonnadothough?

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Organichu wrote: »
    Just left my school. It's funny how my brain still gets that euphoric 'fresh start' excitement every time. My mind goes, how could I not succeed?! I'm filled with determined hope! And somehow I push down the memory of having felt this way every time; this involves months of attending class and hours and hours of work.

Feh.
    Having seen you do this several times, what exactly causes the relapse do you think? At what point does it come crashing down?

Good question. I don't have a succinct answer. A few thoughts:

-I am always very hopeful at the beginning. The second, third day of class I am confident I'll be getting a 4.0.

-getting to campus is the huge step. Once I make it to campus, I very rarely skip lecture. Both times I have attended lecture the whole semester (or with only a few absences), I have passed with a GPA > 3.0.

-once I stop working and studying, I spend the next couple weeks rationalizing- I'll catch up over the weekend, once this thing at work has passed, after we get to the next topic in lecture etc.

-once that time passes, I realize I'm going to fa. It's like a Greek tragedy. I sit there looking at the wall, screaming at myself in my head to get up and go, but I don't. It makes me feel profoundly mentally ill.

-???

• Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    Six wrote: »
    RedTide wrote: »
    RedTide wrote: »
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Flying mostly out of Newark and trying to avoid United will be no fun at all.

God dammit, NJ.

plus side, i'll be your neighbor now

I hope you like coming over for board games and dogs, because that's your life now.

in jersey all your dice roll 20s

That doesn't sound right, but I don't know enough about jersey to dispute it.

What kind of Jersey are you becoming, six?

Apparently, a Devils jersey with mustard stains on it.

I'm only asking because Central and North Jersey folks are great but those South Jersey folks... well let's not get into that.

Central - we're down to Chester/Long Valley or Lebanon.

Super delayed cause we just bought the baby home, but y'all are going hard in the paint on the whole change of pace thing.

I have a friend that lives in Clinton and the area in general is pretty nice though.

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    mazzyx

I was playing the new MOO with a mod that expanded the racial traits. Including one that causes your population to always have max morale. Combine that with +BC production and you are the scary rich race.

How is new MOO vs Stellaris?

Haven't played Stellaris. I assume it's bigger in scope with more micro.

• Options
    edited April 2017
    Our valedictorian was a pretty mediocre woman who got perfect grades by intentionally avoiding every advanced placement class she was eligible for.

I was annoyed at the whole system for this. I took more advanced classes and got B's, kids in remedial classes got into National Honor Society because they had great grades and yet I'm not eligible because my AP classes brought me down.

There's clearly a problem here that needs solving because damn that sucked.

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    Just left my school. It's funny how my brain still gets that euphoric 'fresh start' excitement every time. My mind goes, how could I not succeed?! I'm filled with determined hope! And somehow I push down the memory of having felt this way every time; this involves months of attending class and hours and hours of work.

Feh.
    Having seen you do this several times, what exactly causes the relapse do you think? At what point does it come crashing down?

Good question. I don't have a succinct answer. A few thoughts:

-I am always very hopeful at the beginning. The second, third day of class I am confident I'll be getting a 4.0.

-getting to campus is the huge step. Once I make it to campus, I very rarely skip lecture. Both times I have attended lecture the whole semester (or with only a few absences), I have passed with a GPA > 3.0.

-once I stop working and studying, I spend the next couple weeks rationalizing- I'll catch up over the weekend, once this thing at work has passed, after we get to the next topic in lecture etc.

-once that time passes, I realize I'm going to fa. It's like a Greek tragedy. I sit there looking at the wall, screaming at myself in my head to get up and go, but I don't. It makes me feel profoundly mentally ill.

-???

Me and you have the same post high school academic careers.

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    now that i think about it i'm probs wrong please shame me while i'm out in the desert of shame

no you aren't wrong; we've been talking about it for a few hours at this point if you scan back through chat

it makes me really quite angry that someone would say those things

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    I had a bitch of a time waking up this morning. Finally snapped out of it.

• Options
    I was annoyed at the whole system for this. I took more advanced classes and got B's, kids in remedial classes got into National Honor Society because they had great grades and yet I'm not eligible because my AP classes brought me down.

I went to a tiny school in north Spokane county with like 60 kids in the graduating class. Something like 25% went to college out of school. Most of the seriously capable students went through Running Start so they weren't eligible.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    I probably should not be drinking coffee but welp

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    tx0rR2R.jpg

vRyue2p.png
  • Options

hah my school did not have a valedictorian because too many people took a gazillion AP classes and got straight As and it just became too dumb to try to figure out who technically had the highest gpa

It was definitely for the better without that competition

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    My HS did weighted GPAs where honors and APs classes counted as higher

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Wow my roommate is being an asshole today jesus guess I wont be talking to her for the rest of the day

Neco on
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    tx0rR2R.jpg

MrPeanutbutter.jpg

• Options
    Neco wrote: »
    Wow my roommate is being an asshole today jesus guess I wont be talking to her for the rest of the day

Neco that's a mirror

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular

You also weren't eligible for valedictorian or salutatorian at my high school unless you took every AP

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    kedinik wrote: »

You also weren't eligible for valedictorian or salutatorian at my high school unless you took every AP

every AP?

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    edited April 2017
    This was probably posted already but god damn

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-04-11-british-terror-hoaxer-charged-after-us-gamer-shot-by-cops

Thank goodness charges are actually being pressed and the culprit is known.

Fuck that shit.

EDIT: Dude not dead, just want to avoid the headline painting it different. Rubber bullets, badly injured.

DemonStacey on
This discussion has been closed.