As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Agents of SHIELD] Series finale August 12th

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    I thought May
    Broke for 2 reasons:
    1--she ordered the missle strike. That makes her responsible for those kids' lives. Kind of screws up the regret they fixed.
    2--"Snap out of it, May!"

As for the end scene, if she's like Phil, she won't have all her memories back. So I can see her not knowing what Daisy's deal is.

• Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    I have no idea why Madame Hydra thought her offer would be enticing.

Living as 2 potential inhumans in that world is not a reward.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    The Framework is so coded for shit:
    It shouldn't even be possible to kill yourself in it like that. So we're into either Aida or the Darkhold is weirdly sadistic. Which I guess Radcliffe pointed out.

And Mace dies for nothing. Suppose he was always on borrowed time, but despite Mac's daughter it is all fake. Sucks for him/her, but shut up Ward.

There's 0 chance of any the NPC's becoming 'real people' other than Ward. Who will still be not-Ward, obviously.

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    It shouldn't even be possible to kill yourself in it like that. So we're into either Aida or the Darkhold is weirdly sadistic. Which I guess Radcliffe pointed out.

And Mace dies for nothing. Suppose he was always on borrowed time, but despite Mac's daughter it is all fake. Sucks for him/her, but shut up Ward.

There's 0 chance of any the NPC's becoming 'real people' other than Ward. Who will still be not-Ward, obviously.
    Unless, for example, the Darkhold taught Aida how to use technology in order to access different realities. So what she has created isn't merely a simulation, but basically a giant Quantum Leap/Source Code machine.

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Dedwrekka wrote: »

Unless, for example, the Darkhold taught Aida how to use technology in order to access different realities. So what she has created isn't merely a simulation, but basically a giant Quantum Leap/Source Code machine.
    Just imagine how good it would be if Dr. Strange showed up, just going wtf are you people doing here? sigh

honovere on
  • Options
    Well, whatever it is it's set up for shit. It would be neat if something good came out other than the obvious possible LMD.

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Well, whatever it is it's set up for shit. It would be neat if something good came out other than the obvious possible LMD.

It's magic from the Dark hold, there will be a catch. And that's assuming it's a true simulation in the first place.

• Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular

It's magic from the Dark hold, there will be a catch. And that's assuming it's a true simulation in the first place.

Anything that comes into being from the Framework is suspect because of the Darkhold's influence.
    LMD Good Guy Ward might seem like a great idea, but you have to remember that his code came from the same place as AIDA: the MCU's version of the Necronomicon.

He will eventually become a villain,
    because Darkhold, but also because WARD.

• Options
    edited April 2017
    What's amusing this season is that we've had two analogous characters for Nitro and Molecule Man. And, of course, Madame Hydra.

Harry Dresden on
  • Options
    GeddoeGeddoe Registered User regular

Anything that comes into being from the Framework is suspect because of the Darkhold's influence.
    LMD Good Guy Ward might seem like a great idea, but you have to remember that his code came from the same place as AIDA: the MCU's version of the Necronomicon.

LMD Ward betrays his evilness and becomes season 1 episode 1 by the book Ward.

• Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    Geddoe wrote: »

LMD Ward betrays his evilness and becomes season 1 episode 1 by the book Ward.
    But, edgy, you know? In a manly, brooding kind of way. And with a deep pain that only Daisy can heal.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    Project Looking Glass guesses
    So I think Madam Hydra is the AIDA intelligence inside a completely human body. Like in the virtual world, her avatar has an organic brain and body.

And we know the main superpower from the 1st half of the season is that the Darkhold can let you make matter from "nothing".

So my guess is Project Looking Glass lets people convert their avatars into real world people, using the Darkhold power to spin matter from nothing. AIDA will get to step out of the virtual world into the real world with her real body that she gave her avatar and finally be a real person.

Also Ward can potentially try to stop her and get zapped by whatever form the project takes and ends up in the real world instead; don't even need an lmd duplicate or anything.

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Lorek wrote: »
    Project Looking Glass guesses
    So I think Madam Hydra is the AIDA intelligence inside a completely human body. Like in the virtual world, her avatar has an organic brain and body.

And we know the main superpower from the 1st half of the season is that the Darkhold can let you make matter from "nothing".

So my guess is Project Looking Glass lets people convert their avatars into real world people, using the Darkhold power to spin matter from nothing. AIDA will get to step out of the virtual world into the real world with her real body that she gave her avatar and finally be a real person.

Also Ward can potentially try to stop her and get zapped by whatever form the project takes and ends up in the real world instead; don't even need an lmd duplicate or anything.
    latest?cb=20110315185609&path-prefix=de

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Didn't really like seeing
    Mace go out that way. I mean, it was a heroic death, and it helped trigger in May the idea that she's on the wrong side, but it wasn't the version of Mace we had come to know from the beginning of season 4. I was kind of hoping we'd have him for the rest of the season.

On another note, it'd be funny if Daisy's Inhuman powers were completely different in the Framework and she has to learn how to use her different powers. It's not going to happen,
    but the random thought came to me last night during my insomnia.

Do you think they'll be temporarily leaving the Framework next episode now that Daisy learned from Radcliffe about how to get out, and now that she'll have her Inhuman powers?

I also wonder if real world Aida has any knowledge of what's going on in the Framework. She seemed surprised about Mace being dead. Before that, I had assumed that Madame Hydra was just her direct connection between the Framework and the real world, but now I'm not so sure.

4 episodes left of the season!

• Options
    SteevL wrote: »
    Didn't really like seeing
    Mace go out that way. I mean, it was a heroic death, and it helped trigger in May the idea that she's on the wrong side, but it wasn't the version of Mace we had come to know from the beginning of season 4. I was kind of hoping we'd have him for the rest of the season.

On another note, it'd be funny if Daisy's Inhuman powers were completely different in the Framework and she has to learn how to use her different powers. It's not going to happen,
    but the random thought came to me last night during my insomnia.

Do you think they'll be temporarily leaving the Framework next episode now that Daisy learned from Radcliffe about how to get out, and now that she'll have her Inhuman powers?

I also wonder if real world Aida has any knowledge of what's going on in the Framework. She seemed surprised about Mace being dead. Before that, I had assumed that Madame Hydra was just her direct connection between the Framework and the real world, but now I'm not so sure.

4 episodes left of the season!
    We're getting growing evidence that Framework! AIDA is a separate individual and the "jailor", who has her own agenda. In a true virtual reality I think she'd have truly been AIDA 2.0, the Darkhold was a wildcard that had side effects neither real! AIDA or Radcliffe were expecting, because it's magic, yo! With the implications that the real big bad this season isn't AIDA, it's her digital self who wants to cross over.

• Options
    As we draw nearer to the end of the season, I suspect we won't see a reappearance of
    Vijay Nadeer. His non-framework version, that is.

Maybe next season. Hopefully we get another one.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    What is Mace's regret?
    not being an actual inhuman?

• Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    What is Mace's regret?
    not being an actual inhuman?
    Not being an Inhuman or at least a "real hero"/leader instead of a faker propped up to look like one for the camera.

• Options
    SteevL wrote: »
    As we draw nearer to the end of the season, I suspect we won't see a reappearance of
    Vijay Nadeer. His non-framework version, that is.

Maybe next season. Hopefully we get another one.
    Where was the estate where he was shot and dumped into the ocean?
    It'd be interesting if he ended up being dropped right into the Inhumans show.

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    I think he was dumped into the ocean from a helicopter, not necessarily the estate?

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    ThisThis Registered User regular
    "Nevertheless, she persisted."

Jesus writers, can you get any more ham-fisted? It's not clever, it's just immersion-breakingly lame. It takes me right out of the show, breaking the illusion that Fitz is a real person saying things that he chooses to say, and instead makes me imagine the writers high-fiving each other while chortling, and makes me wonder what Iain thinks about these lines they're feeding him.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I dunno, I liked it. Seemed like a cool nod and also something he'd totally actually say there. Plus, it's a good positive sentiment anyway.

• Options
    This wrote: »

Jesus writers, can you get any more ham-fisted? It's not clever, it's just immersion-breakingly lame. It takes me right out of the show, breaking the illusion that Fitz is a real person saying things that he chooses to say, and instead makes me imagine the writers high-fiving each other while chortling, and makes me wonder what Iain thinks about these lines they're feeding him.

The lines said by real people, make you think that the character is less of a real person?

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    I... totally missed that line. Who said it?
    I am bummed about Mace. But we have the hard confirmation that death in the Framework is death IRL. Guess we needed to set the stakes, and they're not gonna kill anyone else for that.

And Trip is back! Yay. He had a few weird line deliveries tho...

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    I... totally missed that line. Who said it?
    I am bummed about Mace. But we have the hard confirmation that death in the Framework is death IRL. Guess we needed to set the stakes, and they're not gonna kill anyone else for that.

And Trip is back! Yay. He had a few weird line deliveries tho...

Fitz
    something like "I told her to stop telling lies, nevertheless she persisted."

• Options
    KneelKneel Ten thick coats Registered User regular
    That episode. Prompted an AWW YEAH, a NOOOO and then a FUCK YEAH, GIT SUM right at the end.

I like my shows to get my blood flowing.

And yeah, the topically relevant lines are refreshingly welcome, ie 'nevertheless...'

Want to see more of Kneel's slapdash slatherings?
    Visit him at Monstrous Pigments' Instagram and Facebook pages!
    3EnCIQg.jpg
  • Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    Kneel wrote: »
    That episode. Prompted an AWW YEAH, a NOOOO and then a FUCK YEAH, GIT SUM right at the end.

I like my shows to get my blood flowing.

And yeah, the topically relevant lines are refreshingly welcome, ie 'nevertheless...'

I still dont know what that line references, so it didnt manage to take me out of the scene.

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Options
    Not only did I miss that, I don't know how it's topical/what it's a reference to. Someone enlighten me.

• Options
    ArdolArdol Registered User regular
    Not only did I miss that, I don't know how it's topical/what it's a reference to. Someone enlighten me.
    "She was warned. She was given an explanation. Nevertheless, she persisted."
    That line, delivered by Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell to bar Democratic Sen. Elizabeth Warren from speaking, has become an instant classic and a powerful rallying cry for her supporters.
    On Tuesday night, Warren had attempted to read a letter that Coretta Scott King, the widow of Martin Luther King Jr., had written 30 years ago opposing the nomination of Jeff Sessions for a federal judgeship. But Republicans accused Warren of violating Senate rules against impugning another senator and voted down party line to bar her from participating any further.
    It's from the Jeff Sessions confirmation hearings.

• Options
  • Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    edited April 2017

Nevertheless, she persisted.

Senator Warren was reading a 1986 letter by Coretta Scott King about Jeff Sessions, during the hearing on Sessions for the Attorney General position in the Trump administration. The Republicans used a procedural rule to deny Warren a platform to read the letter, but Warren persisted in trying to read it. A lot of people took offense at it - basically, a woman who they felt had every right to speak was being told to shut up - and "nevertheless, she persisted" became an anti-Republican and pro-woman meme.

Shadowhope on
    Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    Dedwrekka wrote: »
    This wrote: »

The lines said by real people, make you think that the character is less of a real person?

Yes. Because it's recognizable as a famous quote from current events, when I hear it, it punches me in the face in terms of immersion. I know that it's something the writers took from the news and put into the script for Fitz to say. Whereas normally I'm not thinking about the fact that everything that Fitz says was put in the script by a writer for him to say. It's sort of the equivalent of there being a camera-man in the shot, or seeing a character who's supposed to be dead on the floor scratching their nose. It's distracting, and temporarily breaks the suspension of disbelief. You may feel differently, but that's how it affected me, particularly on the heels of last week's "Make Hydra great again" line.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Or that everyone and their Mom wants Hamilton tickets.

sig.gif
  • Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    FWIW I didn't get the reference and it still felt a little awkward or forced to me when I heard the line.

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Coulson was going on about Tahiti being a magical place. I can buy Fitz tossing out some lines that are pulled up from his subconscious.

Hell, he already tossed out the "cross the universe" line.

• Options
    Coulson was going on about Tahiti being a magical place. I can buy Fitz tossing out some lines that are pulled up from his subconscious.

Hell, he already tossed out the "cross the universe" line.

Why would that be in his subconscious? The US government and politics in the MCU is not the same as the one in real life.

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Mitch McConnell is a well known Nazi Hydra personnel in the MCU, obviously.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    Clip from S4Ep19, a sneak peek if you will, title "All the Madame's Men". Under the tags of course:
    There is some really good character tidbits in this scene and it appears to reinforce my sentiment that Ward is an Angel/Angelus analogue (only witnessed in real time).

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    There is some really good character tidbits in this scene.

Regarding that;
    Coulson putting his hand on Ward's chest...

Especially after Simmons mentioned how that went down in the real world.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I kinda worry that if Ward exits into the real world as a good guy, he'll revert to being kind of boring. Ward was an amazing villain, but a milquetoast hero, and his performance lately hasn't been anything exciting. I mean, he's fine, but his strength was really playing variations on "smarmy asshole psychopath".

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.