As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Agents of SHIELD] Series finale August 12th

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    It also front-loaded the worst episodes of the series, I think? Like, after stuff like that clip, the show manages to do better. Not great, but better. I would have been interested in a second season of the show.

Anyway, back to AoS
    Anyone else notice that Yo-yo's arms didn't get all messed up when the EMP went off? They're just as robotic as Simmons Coulson.

sig.gif
  • Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    Inhumans was really bad and we are better off that the show never changes the status quo.

• Options
    Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular
    I actually like that clip, that shit is horrifying. The problem for me, though, is that a dude that doesn't talk isn't suited to the medium. Gotta get creative to make him interesting, which didn't happen by episode 3, where I bailed.

• Options
    MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    Am only 75 seconds into episode 7x05, and it's awesome.

The people responsible for the opening titles this season deserve ALL the awards.

• Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    People who were having doubts about Simmons:
    Turns out that they might have actually been somewhat correct. I wonder what the heck that (chronicom?) device in her neck is for.
    Something that allows her to remember alternate timelines? Or something else?

• Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    Elizabeth Henstridge, Chloe Bennet, and the writer and director of 7x05, discuss the episode over a Zoom call: I had no idea that Henstridge had a Youtube channel and was doing this kind of thing. :biggrin:

• Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    That episode was super fun.

This season is super fun.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Enoch continues to be best in class.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Enoch continues to be best in class.

Kinda sad that his best line was in the trailer though. Need to go back to not watching trailers.

• Options
    kaceypkaceyp we stayed bright as lightning we sang loud as thunderRegistered User regular
    The title sequence was fantastic and I really love how they keep adapting it.
    With the timeline stuff and Souza having such a notable part, I'm a little bummed that they didn't take the perfect opportunity to address the Agent Carter cliffhanger stuff (or they did and I just didn't realize it?), but I'm really interested to see what they do with him.

Speaking of a little bummed...was Iain de Caestecker busy during filming? Dramatic tension is one thing but we're approaching half the season now with him not around.

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    edited June 2020
    I know he hasn't been on the show all season, but the opening credits just reminded me that Iain De Caestecker isn't part of the main cast any more.

Edit: Though strangely he's done some interviews for the new season

https://www.looper.com/214399/agents-of-s-h-i-e-l-d-star-reminisces-about-his-role-as-fitz-exclusive/

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/iain-de-caestecker-agents-of-shield-ending-fitzsimmons

skeldare on
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Huh, I didn't expect Deke
    to kill ol' Freddy Malick in the middle of his monologue. Clearly, Freddy didn't expect it either. I wonder if that was in the Chronicom plans?

• Options
    GeddoeGeddoe Registered User regular
    It's the last season. Give us Ward, you cowards.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Geddoe wrote: »

They're definitely going to travel to 2013 and have to deal with good guy Ward by the end of this.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Reynolds wrote: »

They're definitely going to travel to 2013 and have to deal with good guy Ward by the end of this.

I'd like a good multi-episode arc with him being a significant part of it.

But I'd settle for @Forar 's suggestion from several seasons ago, of Brett Dalton in a clearly fake moustache and a custodial uniform, sweeping out the office after the main cast have departed their separate ways.

• Options
    Reynolds wrote: »

Lets go whole hog and have them end up dealing with every different version of Ward consecutively.
    And then simultaneously.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Good guy Ward from the framework teaming up with them to take on Hive.

• Options
    If we're getting anyone from the Framework then it needs to be Tripp.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Or just pick up Tripp in the Kree temple. Obviously, the Chronicons will want to stop Daisy from getting her powers.

• Options
    Hey, if we're going to go full fanservice, then bring back Bobbi and Lance too.

Nick Blood hamming it up responding to the current events (as opposed Enver and everyone else taking it in stride), would be awesome.

• Options
    Maybe we could get a redux of the "hand dryer trick".

sig.gif
  • Options
    Nah, it works better as a one-time noodle incident.

• Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    Nah, it works better as a one-time noodle incident.

Well, it would be fine/better if Fitz teaches past Hunter that trick to get him out of being trapped in a bathroom by Chronicoms.

• Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    That was another insanely good episode. And next weeks preview makes me expect even better.

• Options
    There was a new episode last night? I checked Hulu this morning and there wasn't anything up, so I figured it was an off-week.

sig.gif
  • Options
    I haven't watched it yet, but yeah, looks like it's up on Hulu right now.
    uni4a40yo76e.png

• Options
    McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    Give Enoch an Emmy.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • Options
    Good episode. I had a bad feeling about
    Mac's parents early into the episode, but then forgot about it, so they got me anyway.

Daisy & Sousa:
    I hope we'll see Sousa make it to the end of the series. I also figured that if the other Malick kid ended up successfully getting some of Daisy's powers, he wouldn't be able to handle it. I think we might see him again anyway, though.

Here's the preview for next week:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJtCh4kHPeA

That beard sure is something.

Max Headroom-ing Coulson is a nice effect.

(Since I don't watch the show as it airs, I don't see the preview until it shows up on youtube)

• Options
    McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    Daisy and Sousa shipping is now a thing, right? It's not just my wife and I?

Daisa? Sousy?

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • Options
    kaceypkaceyp we stayed bright as lightning we sang loud as thunderRegistered User regular
    SteevL wrote: »
    Mac's parents early into the episode, but then forgot about it, so they got me anyway.
    I felt like the execution of the reveal itself was a little forced, having Dad just walk up to May and say something to her while conspicuously putting his hand on her shoulder.

• Options
    kaceyp wrote: »
    SteevL wrote: »
    I felt like the execution of the reveal itself was a little forced, having Dad just walk up to May and say something to her while conspicuously putting his hand on her shoulder.
    I'm surprised it was both parents, I figured they'd keep the Mom as herself.

Though now I guess we get to see how the 'waves' will work, because Mack and his brother will have grown up as orphans.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    I wasn't feeling it at the end of the first episode, but watching more and you can tell they're having a ton of fun with this season.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    McFodder wrote: »
    Daisy and Sousa shipping is now a thing, right? It's not just my wife and I?

Daisa? Sousy?

I'm on board

• Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    I wasn't feeling it at the end of the first episode, but watching more and you can tell they're having a ton of fun with this season.

Yeah, they are full-on Legends of Tomorrow-ing it. The timeline has been so fucked since they went to space that there's actually no really good reason to get angsty about changing the timelines.

They haven't been in Earth-199999 for some time now.

• Options
    Jebus314Jebus314 Registered User regular
    Just got caught up. I was actually really enjoying this season (not as amazing as like season 2, but an enjoyable time). Which is a high compliment because you can tell they have really paired back on the budget (like there is just way fewer cast involved these days).

But time travel is tricky business. And now that things seem like they are going off the rails, I am really worried this isn't going to end with a satisfying conclusion. They've already started in with the bullshit handwaving "don't think about it" excuses in the dialogue.

Also really disappointed that:
    Fitz is still absent. We have already been cut to like 6 recurring characters. Who thought it would be a good idea to cut one of the last remaining mains, and one of the only bright spots of the last few seasons (the fitz-simmons marriage)?

"The world is a mess, and I just need to rule it" - Dr Horrible
  • Options
    Jebus314 wrote: »
    Just got caught up. I was actually really enjoying this season (not as amazing as like season 2, but an enjoyable time). Which is a high compliment because you can tell they have really paired back on the budget (like there is just way fewer cast involved these days).

But time travel is tricky business. And now that things seem like they are going off the rails, I am really worried this isn't going to end with a satisfying conclusion. They've already started in with the bullshit handwaving "don't think about it" excuses in the dialogue.

Also really disappointed that:
    Fitz is still absent. We have already been cut to like 6 recurring characters. Who thought it would be a good idea to cut one of the last remaining mains, and one of the only bright spots of the last few seasons (the fitz-simmons marriage)?
    My understanding is that Iain De Caestecker was unavailable for a few episodes due to filming other things. I kind of expected him to show up again by now, though.

• Options
    Watching Deke:
    Rip off a Simple Minds song is a true pleasure. :lol:
    And the 'Short Circuit' style basic Chronicoms were extremely silly. Impressive practical VFX though. Coulson trapped in a VCR! :lol:

• Options
    StraygatsbyStraygatsby Registered User regular
    Man, I enjoyed it, but that 80s episode felt like it was written by someone who was not yet born in the 80s.

• Options
    Man, I enjoyed it, but that 80s episode felt like it was written by someone who was not yet born in the 80s.
    Having the Mack-centric episode be an 80s horror/robot/action movie was the correct choice however.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular

Except for Max Headroom, because I don't think anyone not around in the 80s would be aware that it existed.