Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Agents of SHIELD] Season 6 is airing, Season 7 will be the last

1666768697072»

Posts

  • TofystedethTofystedeth veni, veneri, vamoosi Registered User regular
    SteevL wrote: »
    Finally caught up!

    I wonder if we'll see the return of
    Ghost Rider? Probably not, but it's certainly implied that he's from the same "realm" as Izel and Pachakutiq.

    I was also pretty bummed about Davis.

    Edit: One thing that amused me with Deke:
    Fitz seemed to get along with Deke a lot better than now-dead-Fitz did.

    Re deke
    they're paradox bros now.

    steam_sig.png
    Zilla360
  • RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    So I think I understand the basic jist of what's going on with sarge, the villain, and the plot this season but I'm also confused as hell. Anyone want to sum it up?

  • SorceSorce Registered User regular
    edited July 22
    RickRude wrote: »
    So I think I understand the basic jist of what's going on with sarge, the villain, and the plot this season but I'm also confused as hell. Anyone want to sum it up?
    This is what I'm thinking.
    -The Villain and her "special friend" (whose names I cannot remember) are non-corporeal entities chillin' in their non-corporeal dimension.

    -The three Monoliths interact because of close proximity and open some kind of door to the non-corporeal dimension, causing Evil Nuns, Fear Ghosts, and a really nice place for a wedding.

    -Coulson steps in through said door with the Graviton device and seals it away, which pushes him out, mostly.

    -Sealing causes a physical copy of Coulson (sans accurate memories) to manifest as a result of the three Monoliths at some point in both space and time, and the Villain's "special friend" from that non-corporeal dimension hops a ride on the body.

    -Coulson Copy + Special Friend = Sarge and now thinks the reason he's around is to kill the members of the non-corporeal species, because of the aforementioned memory loss/mix/REASONS.

    The Villain just wants the Monolith energy to... open a portal or something to her home dimension so all the non-corporeal entities can become corporeal? Maybe? Probably.

    Sorce on
    steam_sig.png
    Backloggery. It's totally updated again, I swear!
    Zilla360
  • GaddezGaddez Registered User regular
    My take is
    Izel and Sarge are basically demons from some sort of analogue to wherever the hell ghostrider originiated from. For this reason, they're almost assuredly immune to any conventional weapon that can be thrown at them, though it's possible that fitzsimmons can *science* something together to combat them. Or it could be a case that they need to look into some old ass incan stuff, since a quick google of the name that they dropped for sarge's identity is the same as a ruler of theres from the 15th century.

    More specifically with Sarge
    Sarge seems to be a time locked copy of colson; Izel could have concievably ripped his arm off and the dude would just regenerated it since at the time that colson interacted with the monliths he had two. The implications of this ~and limitations thereof~ will be interesting to see going forward, although It seems more likely that Sarge's mind will fail before his body does.

    Richy wrote: »
    But I think the resistance I’m getting more has to do with “rawr! Loklar said it! Rage!” than anything else.

    No, it has to do with the fact that you're done nothing but throw lies, blatant flasehoods, and downright dumb statements at us so far.
    Zilla360
  • GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    Gaddez wrote: »
    My take is
    Izel and Sarge are basically demons from some sort of analogue to wherever the hell ghostrider originiated from. For this reason, they're almost assuredly immune to any conventional weapon that can be thrown at them, though it's possible that fitzsimmons can *science* something together to combat them. Or it could be a case that they need to look into some old ass incan stuff, since a quick google of the name that they dropped for sarge's identity is the same as a ruler of theres from the 15th century.

    More specifically with Sarge
    Sarge seems to be a time locked copy of colson; Izel could have concievably ripped his arm off and the dude would just regenerated it since at the time that colson interacted with the monliths he had two. The implications of this ~and limitations thereof~ will be interesting to see going forward, although It seems more likely that Sarge's mind will fail before his body does.
    Coulson had one arm and also the weird heart thing that killed him after Ghost Rider took over by the time the first monolith was a plot point. Both of these issues seem to have cleared up probably due to regenerative properties from just being meat suit. It takes some time as we saw when he was shot in the head, but I think to put him down permanently will take something special.

  • McFodderMcFodder 'SploringRegistered User regular
    .....did they shoot season 7 back to back with 6 or something?

    Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / NNID: Fodder185
  • skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    McFodder wrote: »
    .....did they shoot season 7 back to back with 6 or something?

    Probably. Plus I think they sat on season 6 for a while because of Endgame (even though it made no difference).

    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
    jdarksunSpoitJragghenShadowenGnome-InterruptusZilla360Tox
  • skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    HOLY. FUCKING. SHIT.

    This show.

    Can't wait for next season but I'm really sad it's ending.

    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
    Zilla360Devlin_DragonusMcFodderGaddezJragghenRickRudeTox
  • SorceSorce Registered User regular
    edited August 4
    FitzSimmons finale question
    So which one got upgraded into a Chronomicon? It felt like that was hanging over the end of the episode kind of ominously.

    Coulson
    They really are making him the less entertaining Ward, aren't they?

    Deke
    Did... did they just leave him in the pyramid to get blasted?

    edit: Do we have any announcements about when S7 will air? Is it going to be next Summer?

    Sorce on
    steam_sig.png
    Backloggery. It's totally updated again, I swear!
  • skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    FitzSimmons finale question
    So which one got upgraded into a Chronomicon? It felt like that was hanging over the end of the episode kind of ominously.

    Coulson
    They really are making him the less entertaining Ward, aren't they?

    Deke
    Did... did they just leave him in the pyramid to get blasted?

    edit: Do we have any announcements about when S7 will air? Is it going to be next Summer?

    According to this, season 7 won't start until next summer.

    https://screenrant.com/agents-shield-season-7-release-date-story-details/

    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • GeddoeGeddoe Registered User regular
    Finale stuff
    Simmons and Fitz are really willing to roll the dice on another LMD? Seems unlikely.

  • GaddezGaddez Registered User regular
    This seems somewhat appropriate:

    Richy wrote: »
    But I think the resistance I’m getting more has to do with “rawr! Loklar said it! Rage!” than anything else.

    No, it has to do with the fact that you're done nothing but throw lies, blatant flasehoods, and downright dumb statements at us so far.
    Zilla360SorceGeddoe
  • JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Still early in the episode, but I still love Deke.

    RickRude
  • TofystedethTofystedeth veni, veneri, vamoosi Registered User regular
    Enoch gets all the best lines.
    I found it easier to bluff when I kill someone and wear their skin.

    steam_sig.png
    Zilla360see317RickRudeTOGSolid
  • JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Okay, with everything said and done I think this was the second best season so far.

    Gonna miss this show when it's done.

    Zilla360McFodderRickRudeEntaruTox
  • RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Okay, with everything said and done I think this was the second best season so far.

    Gonna miss this show when it's done.

    Ya it's gotten better and better. It's one of my favorite shows going. Finale was insane. Don't even know where they're going

    Zilla360
  • Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular
    Easter egg in the finale, if you're into that.
    May strikes the Mulan pose with the sword. A fan noticed and tweeted her about it and she confirmed it was intentional.

    Sarge was kinda neat in the final action. His whole deal was actually kinda cool comic book logic, tying in past arcs. The fight choreography has really lapsed, though. The show doesn't look nearly as good as it did before the space story started.

    SorceZilla360TofystedethMcFodder
  • XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Finale stuff:
    Why did they kill Coulson off if Gregg is sticking around? So Coulson is dead and now we have a robot to replace him...who thought that was a good idea?

    They split of Fitz and Simmons again for some undefined reason, been there, done that.

    All in all it landed with a meh.

    "For no one - no one in this world can you trust. Not men. Not women. Not beasts...this you can trust."
  • SorceSorce Registered User regular
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    Finale stuff:
    Why did they kill Coulson off if Gregg is sticking around? So Coulson is dead and now we have a robot to replace him...who thought that was a good idea?

    They split of Fitz and Simmons again for some undefined reason, been there, done that.

    All in all it landed with a meh.
    Because Season 5 was meant to be The End.

    And then it wasn't, and the people behind it didn't have the intestinal fortitude to keep Coulson gone. Like, the reveal at the end of the finale would have been kinda neat if we hadn't had Sarge at all.

    steam_sig.png
    Backloggery. It's totally updated again, I swear!
  • SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Finally caught up! I enjoyed this season overall and look forward to seeing what they do in season 7.

    One character whose fate was never addressed:
    Snowflake. She got put in confinement and we never saw her again. Presumably she got exterminated offscreen by the Hunter invasion.

    SorceZilla360Tofystedeth
Sign In or Register to comment.