As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Agents of SHIELD] Series finale August 12th

• TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    Mack is what you get when someone bad at role-playing decides to pick the Paladin class.

Aka

Lawful Stupid

wWuzwvJ.png
  • SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Artereis wrote: »
    Is Daisy blonde now?
    Blonde-ish.

sig.gif
  • Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    From that trailer, is it too obvious to assume
    Skrull?

• SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    Artereis wrote: »
    Is Daisy blonde now?
    Blonde-ish.

#hairgoals

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    So what will the show do to Fitz and Simmons this season?

Fitz has memory loss from being frozen?
    Simmons goes blind from a stray laser blast?
    Fiz goes the Doctor full time?

:(

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    So what will the show do to Fitz and Simmons this season?

Fitz has memory loss from being frozen?
    Simmons goes blind from a stray laser blast?
    Fiz goes the Doctor full time?

:(

Fitz mentions wanting to vacation in Tahiti, because he hears it's a magical place.
    Simmons hilariously misunderstands and wipes his mind (assuming he wanted to forget about Matrix Fitz).

• MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular
    I just finished the last season of SHIELD and, uh...so what happened to Deke? He said he wanted to see more of the world just in case he blinked out of existence...and then he just wasn't there anymore? They didn't show him and none of the other people mentioned him still existing, so did he just cease to exist and everybody forgot about him or what?

• Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    I thought that was the implication of his empty room, yeah.

Oh brilliant
  • SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Mayabird wrote: »
    I just finished the last season of SHIELD and, uh...so what happened to Deke? He said he wanted to see more of the world just in case he blinked out of existence...and then he just wasn't there anymore? They didn't show him and none of the other people mentioned him still existing, so did he just cease to exist and everybody forgot about him or what?

They left it pretty open-ended. But in the next season,
    it's confirmed that he'll be back as it was announced last year that he's been promoted to series regular.

• Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Which I'm ok with. I loved Deke and want him to annoy a whole new an different Fitz. :D

He gets to find out he has a grandson "that's the worst" all over again! :D

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • kaceypkaceyp we stayed bright as lightning we sang loud as thunderRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I was a little eh on Deke at first but I really loved the direction they took him later in terms of his personality and interactions.

• JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    I was 100% on the Deke train once he uttered the word Zima.

• skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Clark Gregg interview. No real spoilers as long as you watched the season 6 teaser.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aqUWFbrrsY

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • GeddoeGeddoe Registered User regular
    But can they find another way to bring Ward back?

• honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    after Captain Marvel - Skrull

• MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    Geddoe wrote: »
    But can they find another way to bring Ward back?

It's pretty much a given that the Avengers are gonna undo the "snap", right?

Well... Loki dicked around with the Infinity Stone before giving it to Thanos, which resurrects Loki, which by the transitive nature of comic-book-coincidence, and something-something first beloved of Lorelai (who has ties to Loki in the comics), boom, he's back. And hey, if it gets Elena Satine back on a Marvel show, I'm all for that.

Though I'd also be amused if there's an abandoned Hydra cloning facility that's just come online, and the team spend an act, break to break, killing Wards over and over again, in different and more interesting ways, before they're able to shut down the facility. Sounds hokey, but I have confidence the showrunners could pull it off.

But I like an idea @Forar had a year or two ago.

In the finale at the end of Season 7 (assuming no renewal), whatever base they're operating out of, gets shuttered, and they all go their own way. Brett Dalton, in a janitors uniform, and wearing a big moustache, with noone acknowledging him, and with no mugging for the camera, locks the door to the facility, and it fades to black. Sort of an homage to both the end of Babylon 5 (one of the first genre shows to intentionally fit seasonal and multiseasonal arcs into, which Whedon excelled at with Buffy), and that Grant keeps coming back again and again.

Turns out his real name is Jamie Madrox.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    But enough about Melinda.

sig.gif
    Sorce wrote: »
    But enough about Melinda.

@Forar is gonna lose it. As far as Forar is concerned, there's never enough Melinda May.

I'm a Coulson fan (Clark Gregg is my spirit animal), so I'm lowering my expectations heavily.

• QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Just so we're clear I'm still riding the high from binging the last two seasons. I don't know how I'm going to handle having to wait between episodes, but it probably involves something I've termed "excited sobbing".

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
    skeldare wrote: »

And @Forar is going to lose it again, but this time, in a good way.

• ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Two weeks after Endgame, eh?

Okay. Let’s do this thing.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
    Trailer
    Skrull, clone, LMD, or timeline shenanigans? After Cap. Marvel I'll go with the first?

• reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Ghost Rider's got a fancy new ride.

• ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    Thought that was going to be Agents of Shield
    Fury Road
    for a minute, there.

honovere wrote: »
    Trailer
    Skrull, clone, LMD, or timeline shenanigans? After Cap. Marvel I'll go with the first?

I'm going with either your second or fourth suggestion.

• jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    I'm guessing we're dealing with
    Parallel universes. "Coulson, but not as we know it." We've done LMDs and timeline shenanigans already. :)

• Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    SteevL wrote: »
    honovere wrote: »
    Trailer

I'm going with either your second or fourth suggestion.

I actually think this ties into season 5, specifically
    trailer/S5 spoilers/speculation
    Fitz's insistance that you cant change the time line, only create parallel realities. I think both Coulson and Deke are from parallel realities. Also thats how Ward returns.

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Bedigunz wrote: »
    Off-Topic: Man, what is with 2019 and trailers using Linkin Park? The Magic: The Gathering trailer for War of the Spark ALSO used that same song.

This is just like back in 2017, when "Take Me Home, Country Roads" was featured in all sorts of media (like Logan Lucky and the Kingmen sequel).

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • mjn6172mjn6172 King of the Lurkers, also secretly a Freemason (shhhhh.) Registered User regular
    Bedigunz wrote: »

No End Game Spoilers under here, but some from the comics:
    Agents of Shield fighting Incursions? Alternate reality Coulson hopping from world to world, destroying other Earths so his can survive?

I am . . . INTRIGUED

LORD, WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?
    After seeing Endgame (don't worry, no spoilers here), I highly doubt anything that happened in that movie will be reflected in AoS. I'm fully expecting the events of the movie to be ignored. I doubt anyone on set knew what was going to happen in the film.

That being said, the trailer got me excited for the new season.

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    SteevL wrote: »
    After seeing Endgame (don't worry, no spoilers here), I highly doubt anything that happened in that movie will be reflected in AoS. I'm fully expecting the events of the movie to be ignored. I doubt anyone on set knew what was going to happen in the film.

That being said, the trailer got me excited for the new season.

Ostensibly it's set in-between Infinity War and Endgame anyway.
    Specifially after the snap

• SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    This actually makes me a little upset at how the two sides of the MCU, movies and TV, are farther apart and not more closely integrated.

Marvel's Agents of SHIELD will not address Avengers: Endgame events

http://flip.it/O07kZk

I'm also placing the blame squarely on this apparently long running and ongoing fight I just learned about between Fiege and Marvel CEO Perlmutter. One that Fiege clearly "won" when Disney stepped in and made Fiege/movie report to them and no longer directly to Marvel. New York still runs the TV side.

edited May 2019
    Yeah, pretty much what I expected. Might as well just consider them separate things now. Too bad.

That being said, I read a spoiler-free review of the first episode of the reason last night and it sounds pretty good!

edit:

minor bummer for me: I don't have cable, and I just discovered that my OTA antenna doesn't pick up the local ABC affiliate. Guess I won't be watching live next Friday. Good thing I still have my Hulu subscription.

SteevL on
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    It is ridiculous they couldn't get a heads up on the state of affairs of MCU land. They had a year off, seemingly to accommodate this situation.

I assume then that the plot will revolve around
    them being in the wrong reality. BadCoulson is a timecop or something who forcibly shuts down branching timelines, which AoS now is.

Oh brilliant