As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

2B Or Not 2B [Nier: Automata]

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    how the fuck did you do that

there were 15 minutes between then and when i posted it in the podcast thread!

• Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    Opening of second playthrough
    Playing you setting the brightness and all that is so fucking good I love this game

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
    BahamutZEROStiltssimulacrumYukiraNecoturtleantmasterofmetroidRainfallJohnny Chopsockyph blakeLockedOnTargetStericaOatsDepressperado21stCenturyCaulk Bite 6Mr FuzzbuttErin The RedShabootyYaYaOlivawel_vicio
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Ms Dapper wrote: »
    Opening of second playthrough
    Playing you setting the brightness and all that is so fucking good I love this game
    when it replayed my options screen fucking around, for some reason it said the difficulty was set to easy, but I never set it to easy! did it screw up or was it gaslighting me

BahamutZERO.gif
  • NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Almost finished with C/D

This is one of the best games i have played in a long time. I absolutely adore it.

RainfallsimulacrumCaulk Bite 6Erin The Redel_vicio
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Ms Dapper wrote: »

somebody tweet this to the sbf right now

• LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    We got Zelda, this, and Persona one right after the other.

What a time to be alive.

• DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular

There's so many great moments in this game that I honestly kind of forgot how great it is just getting to this area for the first time

What I felt can only be described as a mix of wonder and bafflement

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
    Johnny ChopsockyRainfallCaulk Bite 6Erin The Red
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Gigantic spoilers, beware
    The fanart gets real bittersweet when you learn the true relationship between 9S and 2E.

YL9WnCY.png
    YukiraSchideOatsStiltsmasterofmetroidIronKnuckle's GhostTransporterNecoRainfallCaulk Bite 6Speed RacerMs DapperadmanbThe BetgirlYaYaMikey CTSMx. QuillOlivawel_vicio
  • mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Yeah I am in deep conflict over it

gigantic spoilers
    Like - especially now that they all know EVERYTHING - when 9S and 2B wake up its gonna be awkward as hell.

Unlike most of what I'm seeing online, I don't think 9S LOVED her loved her.

He was into EVERYONE. He was like a teen. He was chipper and friendly and flirty. He tried to flirt with his operator. He flirted (and 2B got jealous) over sidequest lady androids. He liked 2B because he was partnered with her and therefore spent a lot of time with her. I think he had a crush on her because of the situations they were placed in.

I also think deep down he knew she continuously wiped his memory and he hated her.

I think 2B was in love with him. She tries to distance herself, but every time he's in any kind of danger she loses her shit. She spent years with him, always wiping his mind - and ALWAYS experiencing the kind of attention you get when someone has a crush on you. She never had that "we're used to each other" love. It was always the honeymoon phase with him, always the flirty, fun, team work with him. And then she'd kill him and he'd come back and be chipper again. Which is why she starts so distant and cold and can't help but warm up to him. When he finally escapes into machines at the end of Route A she is so, so happy. Because she may finally get to see where this goes.

And Adam looks inside 9S, looks deep in his mind, and sees these memories of her murdering him. he had to. So when he says "you want to **** her", everyone assumes its fuck, or love. But it's kill. And I think 9S freaks out not because of embarrassment (like anyone who assumed it was love or fuck) would, but because he's right. And he can't explain WHY he wants to kill her, he just knows something in him is telling him he should.

And this happens again after she dies, and he hacks his own mind - and finds her there with his memories.

And stabs her repeatedly over and over, sobbing, screaming "Dont take my memories".

So yeah it's messed up.

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
    RainfallJohnny ChopsockyCaulk Bite 6Olivaw
    Yukira wrote: »
    I really should get Ending E.
    Uh yes you fuckin' should. (non story spoilers)
    I actually have no idea how you managed to avoid getting it, assuming you have C/D

YL9WnCY.png
  • TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    mxmarks wrote: »

gigantic spoilers
    Like - especially now that they all know EVERYTHING - when 9S and 2B wake up its gonna be awkward as hell.

He was into EVERYONE. He was like a teen. He was chipper and friendly and flirty. He tried to flirt with his operator. He flirted (and 2B got jealous) over sidequest lady androids. He liked 2B because he was partnered with her and therefore spent a lot of time with her. I think he had a crush on her because of the situations they were placed in.

I also think deep down he knew she continuously wiped his memory and he hated her.

I think 2B was in love with him. She tries to distance herself, but every time he's in any kind of danger she loses her shit. She spent years with him, always wiping his mind - and ALWAYS experiencing the kind of attention you get when someone has a crush on you. She never had that "we're used to each other" love. It was always the honeymoon phase with him, always the flirty, fun, team work with him. And then she'd kill him and he'd come back and be chipper again. Which is why she starts so distant and cold and can't help but warm up to him. When he finally escapes into machines at the end of Route A she is so, so happy. Because she may finally get to see where this goes.

And Adam looks inside 9S, looks deep in his mind, and sees these memories of her murdering him. he had to. So when he says "you want to **** her", everyone assumes its fuck, or love. But it's kill. And I think 9S freaks out not because of embarrassment (like anyone who assumed it was love or fuck) would, but because he's right. And he can't explain WHY he wants to kill her, he just knows something in him is telling him he should.

And this happens again after she dies, and he hacks his own mind - and finds her there with his memories.

And stabs her repeatedly over and over, sobbing, screaming "Dont take my memories".

So yeah it's messed up.

Where does it show all of this happen? Like, If I recall everything
    the game only shows 2b kill him twice, and after the death at the beginning of the game, he clearly remembers what happened at the factory, so how do we know she kept killing him?

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    I'm working my way through Route C.
    Is my growing internal wailing of despair classified as a bug or a feature?

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Definitely feature

X22wmuF.jpg
    masterofmetroidEtiowsaTransporterMoth 13RainfallCaulk Bite 6Ms DapperWeedLordVegetaThe BetgirlYaYaMx. QuillOlivaw
  • YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Yukira wrote: »
    I really should get Ending E.
    Uh yes you fuckin' should. (non story spoilers)
    I actually have no idea how you managed to avoid getting it, assuming you have C/D
    I had to step back after C and then Andromeda came out and then I finally got a Switch to play Zelda.

Plus, I'm not sure if I want to get all of the joke endings first. I'm rather enjoying some of the little story bits on the weapons.

I suppose I could try and create a second save and see if that works.

• mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    Tcheldor wrote: »
    mxmarks wrote: »

gigantic spoilers

So yeah it's messed up.

Where does it show all of this happen? Like, If I recall everything
    the game only shows 2b kill him twice, and after the death at the beginning of the game, he clearly remembers what happened at the factory, so how do we know she kept killing him?
    A2 says to him "She hated killing you over and over." Before they fight, right after she tells him she was really 2E, and execution unit.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Continuing Route C thoughts
    oh no
    Oh no no no no no no no no no no

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    RainfallturtleantNecomasterofmetroidStiltsTransporterIronKnuckle's GhostCaulk Bite 6Ms DapperSpeed RacerThe BetgirlOlivaw
  • NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    I got all of the main endings and this is my new favorite game ever that is all

mxmarks
  • CormacCormac Registered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Is anyone else on PC having issues with the pre-rendered cutscenes being choppy as heck?

known issue, mod to fix maybe (i'm not on pc): http://steamcommunity.com/app/524220/discussions/0/135512104777399045/

The FAR mods works really well on PC. I'm running the game with the framerate set to 143fps for G-Sync at 1440p and the cutscenes now run at a stutter free 60fps.

I also highly recommend turning off AA and only running AO for a big performance boost. AO already has a good amount of AA built in too.

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
    Transporter
    This game is for sure in my top 5 right now and I'm only half way through Route B

2ohWien.png
    Erin The Red
    edited April 2017
    Route C complete, ending C attained.
    that... was draining. Yoko Taro is a fan on building intricate worlds atop dynamite and his finger resting idly in the plunger, isn't he?

Now to go for ending D... however the hell I manage that.
    Never let it be said that Platinum can't engineer the most top-tier of ending missions.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    el_vicio
    Well then, Ending E was a trip.

simulacrumStiltsNecoJohnny ChopsockyStericaIronKnuckle's GhostMs DapperSpeed RacerThe BetgirlYaYaOlivawel_vicio
    edited April 2017
    Oh my god, Ending E
    Credits minigames are my absolute jam.
    I still have stuff to do, so I didn't say yes to the final choice. I'm assuming the avatars that come to save you after the credits kill you a few times are players that did say "yes" to it? At least I got my super-anime message out into the world.

What an absolutely amazing game.

Edit: just had an Ending E thought, haven't read the rest of the thread's spoiler material
    2B is the only one who ever says
    "EMOTIONS ARE FORBIDDEN", isn't she? At the time, we're meant to think that she's by the book serious and professional. But she's the only one who ever said that and he(9S) was the only one it was ever said to.

Which now, in the context of the ending revelations, can only mean that she knew that if she had to kill him again this mission, she didn't want him endearing himself to her yet again and increasing the emotional difficulty of her duty.

Goddamn, Yoko Taro. Goddamn.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    TcheldorYukiraRainfall
  • Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    I just started playing this on PC with a PS4 controller. I'm not sure I like the default control scheme - has anyone messed around with different settings? What are people's opinions?

• BadablackBadablack Registered User regular
    I played too many dark souls games and their control scheme was burnt into my brain, so I had to switch the light/heavy attacks to R1/2, and the dodge to circle.

FC: 1435-5383-0883
    I've been using control scheme B, which is closer to Bayonetta controls for me.

Cromarty
  • Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    Badablack wrote: »
    I played too many dark souls games and their control scheme was burnt into my brain, so I had to switch the light/heavy attacks to R1/2, and the dodge to circle.

this is exactly what i want to do. I keep hitting R1/R2 !

probably going to do this

KetBra
  • Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    Edit: just had an Ending E thought, haven't read the rest of the thread's spoiler material
    "EMOTIONS ARE FORBIDDEN", isn't she? At the time, we're meant to think that she's by the book serious and professional. But she's the only one who ever said that and he(9S) was the only one it was ever said to.

Which now, in the context of the ending revelations, can only mean that she knew that if she had to kill him again this mission, she didn't want him endearing himself to her yet again and increasing the emotional difficulty of her duty.

I'm pretty sure 210 also mentions it.

Caulk Bite 6
  • RainfallRainfall Registered User regular

Continuing E spoilers
    Of course, 21O is also 9S's operator and has to see him be killed repeatedly. She also has feelings for 9S, wanting to start a family, etc. So emotions are bad news for her just like they are for 2B.

el_vicio
  • turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Got ending E just now.

Godamn this game is just the best.
    I still wish to help.

X22wmuF.jpg
    Rainfallsimulacrumel_vicio
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Rainfall wrote: »

Continuing E spoilers
    Of course, 21O is also 9S's operator and has to see him be killed repeatedly. She also has feelings for 9S, wanting to start a family, etc. So emotions are bad news for her just like they are for 2B.

yup
    the entire reason she gets B upgrades is to protect 9S

OatsRainfall
  • agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    Don't know if I entered this conversation with 99 copper ore, but I left with it

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
    AJRCaulk Bite 6Erin The Red
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Route/Ending A spoilers
    I didn't expect it to be that short? I think after doing roughly 45% quests and finishing it I had just under 16 hours, and most of that was doing quests before opening up fast travel I think.
    Obviously with the additional routes those take up more time I guess. Pretty good so far.

And as to the controls discussion, switching to something akin to the dark souls controls made the game way easier to play for me. Light/Heavy on R1/R2, Fire and Pod program on L1/L2, dodge Circle, Use X, Jump on Triangle, and lock on on Circle.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
    Erin The Red
    Route B Spoilers
    C9k4BekU0AAtaX6.jpg

Jeeze game you don't have to call me out like this

2ohWien.png
    simulacrumYukiraStiltsCaulk Bite 6Erin The RedDark Raven XLalaboxThe BetgirlMx. QuillOlivaw
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    so I haven't played the game, but I've been exposed to a few major plot points and I've got a question
    so, humans are all extinct, right? then who set up YoRHa? and why maintain that humans are still alive on the moon? who are the androids fighting for

wY6K6Jb.gif
    so I haven't played the game, but I've been exposed to a few major plot points and I've got a question
    so, humans are all extinct, right? then who set up YoRHa? and why maintain that humans are still alive on the moon? who are the androids fighting for
    Answering this essentially spoils all the major plot points of the game, so if you want me to explain it I can. But obviously you should play the game.

YL9WnCY.png
    Caulk Bite 6
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    Answering this essentially spoils all the major plot points of the game, so if you want me to explain it I can. But obviously you should play the game.

nah, go ahead

wY6K6Jb.gif