As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

2B Or Not 2B [Nier: Automata]

• NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Route C beginning?
    That escalated quickly.

I mean it really got out of hand!

A2 killed a guy 2B
    2B :(

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Looking up weapon locations for my route D playthrough, apparently the three I'm missing are from route A.

Dammit.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Ms Dapper wrote: »
    I finished it. Ending E
    I actually shouted "THIS FUCKING RULES" as all the people's messages came up at the end.

Them showing you losing all your data was so fucking effective, especially in a game where losing and regaining memories means so much.

Gonna talk and think about this more but for now bed!
    I did not say "yes" to that final request.
    I left a message, but I didn't make the sacrifice play. "I'll do it when I Platinum it" I tell myself. "It'll be my final grand send-off to Nier Automata".

I feel guilty for not doing it. Videogames should not be able to guilt-trip me, dammit!

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
    Caulk Bite 6mxmarks21stCenturyRainfallsimulacrumStiltsPeewiMikey CTS
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Looking up weapon locations for my route D playthrough, apparently the three I'm missing are from route A.

Dammit.
    There's a chapter select

• Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular

Dammit.
    There's a chapter select
    yeah, but I did all my chapter select shenanigans after route C. I guess it makes more sense to work on completion only after I sacrifice my game in route E, though.

jnij103vqi2i.png
    So is the full soundtrack for this available to buy somewhere (besides importing, I mean)?

Because god damn its good.

mxmarksJohnny ChopsockyMidnite
  • mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    Naphtali wrote: »
    So is the full soundtrack for this available to buy somewhere (besides importing, I mean)?

Amazon and iTunes, digital only

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
    BahamutZERO
    edited April 2017
    Oh my god. Post-route C
    you can just purchase the cheevos that you're missing, from #20 to #47

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
    Johnny ChopsockyRainfall
    mxmarks wrote: »

Amazon and iTunes, digital only

Okay cool. I thought I had offhandedly read something that those releases were missing tracks, so I figured I better check first.

• RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    I think the physical soundtrack not available in NA has the hacking remixes for all the songs as well.

mxmarksOats
    no hackerman tracks!? that's bad

21stCenturyel_vicio
  • Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    I finished it. Ending E
    I actually shouted "THIS FUCKING RULES" as all the people's messages came up at the end.

Them showing you losing all your data was so fucking effective, especially in a game where losing and regaining memories means so much.

I left a message, but I didn't make the sacrifice play. "I'll do it when I Platinum it" I tell myself. "It'll be my final grand send-off to Nier Automata".

I feel guilty for not doing it. Videogames should not be able to guilt-trip me, dammit!
    For me it was something that I didn't think about at all, I just did it.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
    CromartyKupiOatsCaulk Bite 6ShabootyThe BetgirlYaYaOlivaw
  • IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    I finished it. Ending E

For me it was something that I didn't think about at all, I just did it.
    I did it and regretted it the next day. Then a kind soul here said that they did the same and used it as a good excuse to replay the game later on. And now I agree!

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Rainfall wrote: »
    I think the physical soundtrack not available in NA has the hacking remixes for all the songs as well.

the soundtrack is also missing a few songs like the "This Cannot Continue" and "Become As Gods" versions of the desert battle theme, and only has the Japanese version of that shop theme with lyrics. Still A++ soundtrack.

BahamutZERO.gif
    importing the version with hacking tracks is like 80-90 on amazon

woof

importing the version with hacking tracks is like 80-90 on amazon

woof

I bet that's not even much of a markup.

BahamutZERO.gif
    Caulk Bite 6
  • agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    It's 3 AM and I hate Nier's Marketing Division

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
    simulacrumph blakePresident EvilSpeed RacerOlivaw
    s**t Square Enix!

BahamutZERO.gif
    StiltsWeedLordVegetaOlivaw
    Full game spoilers
    Watching a let's play and anytime 9S talks about how happy he is to be with 2B causes me intense pain.

2ohWien.png
    RainfallsimulacrumYukiraCaulk Bite 6Olivaw
  • mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    Preordering it from Amazon Japan was only like $30-40.

And it came with a bonus disc of those alternate song versions you get on playthrough B.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
    Full game spoilers
    Watching a let's play and anytime 9S talks about how happy he is to be with 2B causes me intense pain.
    Ending A and 2B going "It always ends like this"

FUCK THIS GAME YOU GUYS

IT'S SO GOOD

2ohWien.png
    RainfallYukirasimulacrumNecoOatsStiltsCaulk Bite 6masterofmetroidWeedLordVegetaShabootyOlivawel_vicio
    Full game spoilers

FUCK THIS GAME YOU GUYS

IT'S SO GOOD

Yeah it's almost certainly my GOTY.

YukiramxmarksCaulk Bite 6
  • YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Full game spoilers

FUCK THIS GAME YOU GUYS

IT'S SO GOOD
    Pretty sure the word censored in Adam's talk with 9S was kill, not fuck.

21stCenturyMs DapperNecoStiltsJohnny ChopsockyturtleantmxmarksCaulk Bite 6masterofmetroidel_vicio
    The thing that got me on the replay
    (Full spoilers)
    When 9S first meets 2B in the bunker and does the Glory to Mankind, and she has the clenched fist because she knows it's all bullshit and because of that she has to keep killing 9S and oh my god theres so much going on all the time

YukirasimulacrumNecoOatsStiltsMs DapperCaulk Bite 6masterofmetroidWeedLordVegetaYaYaOlivawel_vicio
    edited April 2017
    Whole Game
    I feel like a lot of stories that have big twist like this some things fall apart on a rewatch but there's just so many layers to these lines and these scenes.

Ms Dapper on
    2ohWien.png
    RainfallsimulacrumNecoYukiraStiltsmxmarksCaulk Bite 6masterofmetroidph blakeWeedLordVegetaOlivaw
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Whole Game
    I feel like a lot of stories that have big twist like this some things fall apart on a rewatch but there's just so many layers to these lines and theses scenes.
    Yeah, Yoko Taro is extremely good at using a big plot twist to recontextualize both what you're going to see and what you've already seen.

Which is the hallmark of a good twist.

IKknkhU.gif
    Caulk Bite 6RainfallIronKnuckle's GhostNaphtaliWeedLordVegetaOlivawel_vicio
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Oh yeah, I saw this in the Final Fantasy Brave Exvius thread

The JP version of the game is gonna be getting Nier Automata characters

It's unclear whether the global version will get this crossover, but it's certainly possible

IKknkhU.gif
    RainfallWeedLordVegetaErin The Redel_vicio
  • CromartyCromarty Danielle Registered User regular
    Whole Game
    I feel like a lot of stories that have big twist like this some things fall apart on a rewatch but there's just so many layers to these lines and theses scenes.
    A few moments that stood out to me:
    Anemone mistakes 2B for A2. 2B corrects her and then doesn't press the issue at all.
    At the end of the one quest where you hack the pod and find out the client is an E unit, 9S has no idea that the E series exists, but 2B just says "Some things are better left unknown."
    When the other YoRHa units become infected in the C intro, before you go back to the bunker, 2B doesn't hesitate at all before telling 9S to disable her IFF.
    She had no problem killing the three YoRHa deserters in an earlier quest, either, and even rebukes 9S when he complains about being unable to capture them.

I think 2B has been doing her particular job for a very long time. 9S is just the only one she's had to kill multiple times.

YukiraCaulk Bite 6
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    YES

PLEASE

GIVE ME MY SAD ANIME DAD

wY6K6Jb.gif
    Caulk Bite 6
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    GIVE THE WORLD ITS SAD ANIME DAD

wY6K6Jb.gif
    AJRmxmarksCaulk Bite 6TransportermasterofmetroidWeedLordVegetaErin The RedOlivaw
  • agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    This cannot continue

without further funding.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
    Caulk Bite 6Rainfall
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Jumbo spoilers
    Weight of the World's lyrics take on a new light when sung by a guilty 2E

And THAT'S why she harps on about emotions. Because it makes killing 9S less difficult on her

YL9WnCY.png
    Caulk Bite 6Johnny ChopsockyRainfallMs DapperOlivaw
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    so 9S's voice actor was playing through the game on stream and he's had guests and look it's 2B's voice actress in 2B cosplay in this video what more do you want from me here

https://youtu.be/TszeUg671Qc

Caulk Bite 6OatsStiltsph blakeYukiraSchideWeedLordVegetaErin The RedThe BetgirlOlivaw
    edited April 2017
    I'm starting to think the voice actors strike was secretly one of the best things to happen to the industry

because it meant big budget videogames had to start using lesser known names

and these lesser known names are by and large huge goddamned nerds themselves

I was absolutely sure 9S was voiced by Yuri Lowenthal until I checked

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
    Blue mapYaYa
    Alright. Well. Route E:
    My data has been added to the well. I do not regret this in the slightest.

Means I can do the game right, this time. Actually concentrate on collection and such.

And hit fools with an Iron Pipe.

jnij103vqi2i.png
    YukiraOatssimulacrumStiltsph blakeWeedLordVegetaOlivaw
  • ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    I'm starting to think the voice actors strike was secretly one of the best things to happen to the industry

I dunno if the idea of companies going over well-known VAs to starving performers to bypass a strike is a Good Thing(tm), though.

Kyle McCarley's stream is adorable though, and his reactions to the beginning of C is... yo damn.

Zxerol wrote: »

I dunno if the idea of companies going over well-known VAs to starving performers to bypass a strike is a Good Thing(tm), though.

Kyle McCarley's stream is adorable though, and his reactions to the beginning of C is... yo damn.

It's good only in so far as the relative unknowns got a chance to shine.

jnij103vqi2i.png
    21stCenturyBlue mapIndie Winter