As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

2B Or Not 2B [Nier: Automata]

1235749

Posts

  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Yeah I got further into Route C last night and... those are 100% accurate statements

    How much further into depression can we go!!!!... :rotate:

    Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
    Caulk Bite 6
  • mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    The best part of Yoko Taro games is my brain is incredibly frustrating because I tend to get so obsessed with accomplishing the goal, or just caught up in whats going on that I don't even process it until later.

    Like I clearly understand things aren't going WELL for everyone, but I enter this hyperdrive of just running from one plot point to the next as things really escalate because "somehow I'll fix this or see it through to the end." and I just need to get to that end.

    It's in the 24 hours AFTER I beat a Yoko Taro game that I slowly just go "Oh...oh my...oh no...wait...oh nooooooooooooooo"

    followed usually by

    giphy.gif

    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
    Johnny ChopsockyYukiraRainfallCaulk Bite 6
  • Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Nier, Nier Automata, and Spec Ops The Line. The EMOTIONS Trilogy of the Forever.

    Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
    mxmarksCaulk Bite 6mageormike
  • Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    This game is good. I finished the main endings, today.

    ...Yeah, feelings.

    Miss me? Find me on:

    Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
    RainfallMs DapperYukiraCouscoussimulacrumNaphtaliCormacCaulk Bite 6MidniteIronKnuckle's GhostWeedLordVegetaErin The RedOlivaw
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Well, I don't think Yoko Taro lied when he said this had a happy ending

    Compared to NieR, anyways

    Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
    masterofmetroidsimulacrumEtiowsaRainfallJohnny ChopsockyCaulk Bite 6StiltsIndie WinterturtleantMidniteYukiraSCREECH OF THE FARGmxmarksOatsAndy JoeMs DapperIronKnuckle's GhostWeedLordVegetaSpeed Racer
  • Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    So, route D ending:
    What happens if you say "I'll stay"?

    jnij103vqi2i.png
    turtleant
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    lots of random questions & observations (full game spoilers obviously)
    I heard Emil is a secret boss, did that have something to do with all the giant Emil heads in the desert?

    Where was the pod in the Flooded City that one of the vendors talked about, I assume you had to fish it out somewhere?

    Did you ever get access to the locked doors with the prostrated robots in front of them in the desert and behind the building in the flooded city?

    Is there a concrete timeline on exactly when the machines killed the aliens? I had the feeling it was long ago, but after discussing stuff with Yukira I guess it could have been done by Adam &
    Eve, but I felt like the game's themes worked better with the proxies of both dead races wasting millennias fighting each other pointlessly.

    I still don't completely understand the need to destroy YoRHa to hide the fact about the fake human colony on the moon; considering the only ones that knew about it were the Commander (and eventually troublesome scanner units) and the Androids on the moon, who I guess probably are the ones who made YoRHa? I assumed the machine intelligences discovered the plans when they breached the servers and just executed them to further their agendas, but after figuring it out there was no humans on the moon they were all f-this we're leaving this shithole of a planet. Or maybe the point of the machines nuking YoRHa was for them to collect the memories/archives of the machine-cored YoRHa androids forcefully since they were basically kin after a fashion for their space arc... I kind of like to imagine that on Ending D, 9S would have found 2B in there somewhere if he chose to go with them, and maybe all of the other villagers from Pascal's town as well.

    Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Naphtali wrote: »
    lots of random questions & observations (full game spoilers obviously)
    I heard Emil is a secret boss, did that have something to do with all the giant Emil heads in the desert?

    Where was the pod in the Flooded City that one of the vendors talked about, I assume you had to fish it out somewhere?

    Did you ever get access to the locked doors with the prostrated robots in front of them in the desert and behind the building in the flooded city?

    Is there a concrete timeline on exactly when the machines killed the aliens? I had the feeling it was long ago, but after discussing stuff with Yukira I guess it could have been done by Adam &
    Eve, but I felt like the game's themes worked better with the proxies of both dead races wasting millennias fighting each other pointlessly.

    I still don't completely understand the need to destroy YoRHa to hide the fact about the fake human colony on the moon; considering the only ones that knew about it were the Commander (and eventually troublesome scanner units) and the Androids on the moon, who I guess probably are the ones who made YoRHa? I assumed the machine intelligences discovered the plans when they breached the servers and just executed them to further their agendas, but after figuring it out there was no humans on the moon they were all f-this we're leaving this shithole of a planet. Or maybe the point of the machines nuking YoRHa was for them to collect the memories/archives of the machine-cored YoRHa androids forcefully since they were basically kin after a fashion for their space arc... I kind of like to imagine that on Ending D, 9S would have found 2B in there somewhere if he chose to go with them, and maybe all of the other villagers from Pascal's town as well.

    okay, answers!
    No, he lives deep underground. I never noticed emil heads in the desert, tho!

    Yeah, gotta fish it out.

    Locked doors are DLC. just got announced.

    I don't think there's a concrete timeline, no. Sounds like it's been a long time, tho.

    I'm not sure either, but your theory makes sense.

  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    So, route D ending:
    What happens if you say "I'll stay"?

    Uhhh well I looked this up, and I guess it fits with my theory
    If he doesn't, in his final moment 9S looks up to the sky and says: "So that's where you were...2B" before shutting down.

    Fuuuuck

    Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
    21stCenturymasterofmetroidYukiraJohnny ChopsockyCaulk Bite 6OatsCouscousMikey CTSOlivaw
  • Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Okay, on a couple of those questions
    where in the desert were the giant Emil heads?

    The third pod is fished from the end of that lone girder by the sea in the flooded district (near where the resource collector hangs out). At least that's where I found it.

    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Okay, on a couple of those questions
    where in the desert were the giant Emil heads?

    The third pod is fished from the end of that lone girder by the sea in the flooded district (near where the resource collector hangs out). At least that's where I found it.

    I forget the exact spot, but its somewhere out on the perimeter of the desert, closer to the side where the breach in the cliff is that leads towards the desert apartment buildings.

    Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
    Caulk Bite 6Rainfall
  • Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
  • Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Keep those black boxes from touching!

    jnij103vqi2i.png
    AJR
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    So, like

    I know the original Nier would be a more popular option for a Platinum remake

    But I would do morally questionable things for a Drak3 that was as fun to play as Automata

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QIwhiStfBE

    Because man, that game's soundtrack, aesthetic, mythology and boss ideas were rad as hell

    Like, in an alternate universe where Drak3 has Platinum-level gameplay, that thing is no joke one of my favorite games ever

    Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
    Caulk Bite 6Transporter
  • CromartyCromarty Danielle Registered User regular
    Close up shot as Zero cuts the arm clean off of some enormous monster. Offscreen, Dito says "Yes! Yes! Split it wide open!"

    StiltsThorn413
  • simulacrumsimulacrum She/herRegistered User regular
    edited April 2017
    simulacrum on
    StiltsCaulk Bite 6WeedLordVegetaSpeed RacerOlivaw
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    simulacrum wrote: »

    Roughly how many pics per page?

    Because whoa, that sounds like a lot of pictures.

  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    If I'm remembering my booru layout properly, around 20 per page, I think?

    IKknkhU.gif
    YukirasimulacrumCaulk Bite 6WeedLordVegeta
  • Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    Man, thinking about the game as whole
    It's really fucked up selling all the machine cores knowing it's their souls basically and that they will probably be recycled to make YorHa black boxes.

    2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
    YukirasimulacrummasterofmetroidCaulk Bite 6Indie WintermxmarksTransporterJohnny ChopsockyOlivawel_vicio
  • Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Ms Dapper wrote: »
    Man, thinking about the game as whole
    It's really fucked up selling all the machine cores knowing it's their souls basically and that they will probably be recycled to make YorHa black boxes.

    On the other hand
    they sell for so much! I'm also a bit sad there isn't a cheevo netting 1,000,000g, because by end game I definitely had more than enough of them to break that twice over

    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Ms Dapper wrote: »
    Man, thinking about the game as whole
    It's really fucked up selling all the machine cores knowing it's their souls basically and that they will probably be recycled to make YorHa black boxes.
    Then you realize the machine intelligences probably wanted that, so the androids could put up even more of a pathetic resistance to help further the machine evolution process :rotate:

    Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • CormacCormac Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    simulacrum wrote: »

    Roughly how many pics per page?

    Because whoa, that sounds like a lot of pictures.

    There's a person on twitter who compiles a weekly archive of 2B, 9S, and Commander fanart, videos, and cosplay. I think the current .zip is in the 4gb range. So yeah, there's a LOT of stuff out there. The account posts a lot of NSFW stuff so I won't post a link to it here, but a quick search of '2B fanart twitter' will get you there.

    Cormac on
    Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
    Caulk Bite 6Yukira
  • ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
  • Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Ms Dapper wrote: »
    Man, thinking about the game as whole
    It's really fucked up selling all the machine cores knowing it's their souls basically and that they will probably be recycled to make YorHa black boxes.
    I never sold them because I was sure they ere going to have some use in the late game. There was always such a big deal about them dropping in the early routes.

    Then they started to drop like candy in Route C/D, which make me begin to suspect something.

    YL9WnCY.png
  • fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    anyone playing this on PC? what's your experience with bugs/glitches?

    ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Oh, something people may have missed in C/D (weapon modding)
    The alley vendor in the amusement park gets a huge upgrade in wares. Not sure about the why for in-story, but they probably realized some of those bits are remarkably hard to come by in the wild, like friggen pearls.

    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Route E stuff
    Well, I did it. The guilt was too much for me to take, so I made the sacrifice play.

    If, on some future completion of Nier Automata, you receive help or encouragement from 2Bro,
    do not feel compelled to thank them. It was merely the right thing to do.

    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
    RainfallCaulk Bite 6Ms DapperMidnite
  • CormacCormac Registered User regular
    anyone playing this on PC? what's your experience with bugs/glitches?

    Only one in 60 hours which may have been caused because of FAR mod and not the game itself. In a boss fight a thing I had to click on did not appear. Once I reloaded and played that section in windowed mode the prompt appeared as it was supposed to.

    Other than that, with the mod, the game ran perfectly at 144'ish FPS and the cutscenes did not stutter. I played a good 10 hours without the mod in windowed mode with Borderless Gaming to make it borderless windowed, and it was perfectly playable that way too. I just figured since I have a computer and monitor than can easily play the game with an unlocked framerate and a G-Sync monitor why not play it that way?

    Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Ending E
    i did the thing because it was such an inspiring moment for me

    I wanted to help give someone else that feeling

    zero regrets

    Miss me? Find me on:

    Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
    Johnny ChopsockyCaulk Bite 6Yukiraph blakeMs DapperStiltsRainfallIronKnuckle's GhostAvalonGuardWeedLordVegetaAndy JoeSpeed RacerThe BetgirlOlivaw
  • Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Dubh wrote: »
    Ending E
    i did the thing because it was such an inspiring moment for me

    I wanted to help give someone else that feeling

    zero regrets
    "La la-la la-la la laaaaaaa, la la-la la la la la la-la..."

    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    route A complete! I just keep playing, yes? is this how this works? if I missed any sidequests, does that also figure into things?

    ikbUJdU.jpg
    Erin The Red
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    you will have an opportunity to revisit those side quests later, you can just keep playing

    Caulk Bite 6Erin The Red
  • Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    Guess what I got :cool:
    C-OgULzU0AA0wQs.jpg

    2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
    ph blakeMoth 13StiltsCormacrhylithturtleantagoajRainfallCaulk Bite 6simulacrumBahamutZEROJohnny ChopsockyNecomasterofmetroidAndy JoeYukiraMidniteOatsCouscousTransporter21stCenturySkeithErin The RedThe BetgirlLalaboxOlivaw
  • RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Ugh I really should have bought one of those.

  • AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular


    Really wish I had waited to play Gravity Rush 2 so I could have played the whole game with that outfit

    IKknkhU.gif
    AtomicTofuAndy Joeel_vicio
  • AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    On the other hand, this seems like the perfect opportunity for me to finish Gravity Rush 2

    RainfallCaulk Bite 6Stilts
  • AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
Sign In or Register to comment.