As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Star Wars Battlefront 2] Progression update is Live!

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Roe wrote: »
    I touched up the thread a bit after the announcement that EA is redoing the progression system in March. This actually prompted me to secure a copy myself within 10 minutes from Amazon.

This news made my day, as I really wanted to play BF2 but hated the progression and loot crates.

I feel like you jumped the gun here. They announced there would be changes... in two months... that they wouldn't detail now. What about that strikes you as laudatory or trustworthy exactly?

• Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    Yeah, exactly. I still want to buy this game. But I won’t until we know the changes actually fix the thing, and they are actually live for a couple weeks.

for all we know, the March announcement will be "We heard you loud and clear - you want overwatch-style cosmetics in the game. Therefore, we've added 400 cosmetic items to the drop lists for the loot boxes and we're turning the microtransactions back on"

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    The progression system isn't that bad right now.

I have every gun (along with the majority of mods), hero, hero ship, and useful base level card unlocked. I've got enough mats to craft whatever uncommon/rare cards I want.

All this because they already bumped up credit gain, lowered hero cost, and lowered the kills needed to unlock guns/mods.

• Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Roe wrote: »
    I touched up the thread a bit after the announcement that EA is redoing the progression system in March. This actually prompted me to secure a copy myself within 10 minutes from Amazon.

This news made my day, as I really wanted to play BF2 but hated the progression and loot crates.

I feel like you jumped the gun here. They announced there would be changes... in two months... that they wouldn't detail now. What about that strikes you as laudatory or trustworthy exactly?

Yeah, "revamped" doesn't mean "replaced."

Dac on
    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    mRahmanimRahmani DetroitRegistered User regular
    Man, the Y Wing ion cannon needs some kind of nerf. I don't even bother with other ships most of the time, just auto target with that and finish them off with lasers.

It's devastating on the death star debris mission.

• Options
    RoeRoe Always to the East Registered User regular
    New Patch out soon, adds Jet Pack Cargo mode.

Also, microtransactions are being added in a few months. No details out about some of the changes they have made to the system yet.

oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Fired this up last night for the first time in a month or so, and man it ran like garbage on my PC. Now, my PC is near at the bottom end of the specs, but it ran well enough before. Last night, it was just unplayable. Gonna give it another go tonight as see if that was just a fluke or if the new update puts the game as out of my reach.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    WolveSightWolveSight Registered User regular
    Fired this up last night for the first time in a month or so, and man it ran like garbage on my PC. Now, my PC is near at the bottom end of the specs, but it ran well enough before. Last night, it was just unplayable. Gonna give it another go tonight as see if that was just a fluke or if the new update puts the game as out of my reach.

check your settings, since some things may have changed there.

253J736.png
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    WolveSight wrote: »

Loot Crate progression out, Linear progression in. You now choose what you want to upgrade based on your experience points.

Loot Crates still a thing, but you can no longer buy them with money. They will be given out for things like a daily login bonus or achievements.

Cosmetics are coming, can be bought with real money. Will be included in Loot Crates. Costumes are also coming, can only be bought with "credits" (I'm assuming that's real money) or crystals (or maybe this is, I don't know?), will not be in Loot Crates.

https://www.polygon.com/2018/3/16/17127404/star-wars-battlefront-2-progression-system-update-loot-crate-star-cards

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    SyphonBlue wrote: »

Loot Crate progression out, Linear progression in. You now choose what you want to upgrade based on your experience points.

Loot Crates still a thing, but you can no longer buy them with money. They will be given out for things like a daily login bonus or achievements.

Cosmetics are coming, can be bought with real money. Will be included in Loot Crates. Costumes are also coming, can only be bought with "credits" (I'm assuming that's real money) or crystals (or maybe this is, I don't know?), will not be in Loot Crates.

https://www.polygon.com/2018/3/16/17127404/star-wars-battlefront-2-progression-system-update-loot-crate-star-cards

Credits are currency you earn at the end of matches. Crystals are the real money currency.

• Options
    mRahmanimRahmani DetroitRegistered User regular
    I wonder if we'll be granted XP based on the playtime spent with various characters. Would be a nice goodwill gesture (and a nice boost for my X Wing...)

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    This might be 'too late' territory for most of the current player base, but it will definitely attract new blood who have up until now condemned the game for the loot crate system. Maybe it'll get a second wind from all these changes. I'll definitely want to log in after the 21st update, just to see how it works for myself.

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    This might be 'too late' territory for most of the current player base, but it will definitely attract new blood who have up until now condemned the game for the loot crate system. Maybe it'll get a second wind from all these changes. I'll definitely want to log in after the 21st update, just to see how it works for myself.
    Yeah I'm thinking of picking it up now!

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Yeah, I dunno. I might hop back into BF2 if the new progression system also includes an increase in credits/XP gain.

If only the game launched with this reasonable system instead of the ridiculous and moronic shit they pulled...

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Good on them for doing this. It might be too little too late, but I'll definitely hop on the game now.

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular

Cosmetics? But I thought EA didn't want to mess with the canon appearance of these characters. After all, no one wants a pink Darth Vader! /s

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    Just updated the OP.

oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    BolthornBolthorn Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Andy Joe wrote: »

Cosmetics? But I thought EA didn't want to mess with the canon appearance of these characters. After all, no one wants a pink Darth Vader! /s

I picked up the game on the sale EA had a few weeks back and slowly working my way through the single player. My wife chastised me a bit for buying the game at all because of all the loot crate stuff. I figured if I got my $25 bucks worth out of the single player I'd be happy. I have yet to touch multiplayer. However, if I can play as a pink Darth Vader my daughter will absolutely lose her mind and it will be amazing. So, EA was totally wrong about people not wanting a pink Darth Vader. Hell, you put a Hello Kitty sticker on the helmet and my daughter will be into Star Wars forever.

Bolthorn on
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    PSA

If I did the math right, I'd recommend not using any of your crafting parts until after the change. And, I'd recommend maybe using credits to buy packs to get crafting parts. At least login daily to get crafting parts from the daily crates.

- It currently takes 40 crafting parts to make a common card, 80 to upgrade it from common to uncommon, 120 to upgrade it from uncommon to rare, and 480 to upgrade it from rare to epic.
    - Crafting Parts are going to turn into skill points when this change hits at a conversion of 40 crafts parts to one skill point.
    - With the new change it will take one skill point to upgrade a card a rarity. So common to uncommon takes one skill point. Uncommon to Rare takes one skill point. Rare to Epic takes one skill point.

So if you upgrade a common to uncommon before the change, you lose out on 1 skill point (aka 1 card upgrade).
    If you upgrade an uncommon to rare before the change, you lose out on 2 skill points (aka 2 card upgrades).
    If you upgrade a rare to an epic before the change, you lose out on 11 skill points (aka 11 card upgrades).

Otherwise if you wait until after, its essentially 40 crafting parts to upgrade a card. Before the change: 720 crafting parts to create an epic from scratch. After the change: 160 crafting parts to create an epic from scratch.

Don't use any crafting parts before the change hits!

ObiFett on
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Sitting in EA's chat customer support. Some Russian logged into my account and changed my security question so now I can't reset my password... Hoorah.

Just a friendly reminder to link your account to your phone for two-way verification on services that support it!

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    Damn those interfering Russians!

Hope it gets resolved quickly for you =/

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Chat Support was super quick actually, only took 15 minutes with an email verification code back and forth and then they reset my security questions so I could go in and reset my password and turn on login verification.

All better!

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    WolveSightWolveSight Registered User regular
    patch notes:

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/103049/star-wars-battlefront-ii-release-notes-update-2-0
    Hi everyone,
    This update brings about large changes to our Multiplayer Progression system. We have already posted lots of information on these changes on both our blog as well as in an FAQ we’ve created. Please leave us your feedback in the forums!
    Along with these changes, we’ve also unlocked all currently available Heroes and Hero Ships for everyone. With all characters now having a Unit Level, we don’t want to limit anyone’s chance to progress as we change the way you interact with these characters.
    On top of that, we’ve brought a new location to the game! Bespin makes its return from the first Star Wars Battlefront as a new location for Blast, Heroes vs. Villains, and for a limited time as Jetpack Cargo. We hope you enjoy this blast from the past.
    Lastly, we’re unlocking all Star Cards and Weapons in Arcade at Epic card level so that Arcade can be more freely used as a sandbox to try out new combinations. This change also provides more gameplay options for players who aren’t interested in playing Multiplayer.
    As always, we’ve continued to fix bugs and make balance changes to the game across a wide variety of areas. We’ll continue to polish and refine the game over time. Enjoy!
    The Star Wars Battlefront II Team
    7IZytZO.png
    JzkHXNj.png
    Heroes and Villains Balancing:
    Iden Versio
    Iden was in need of a power increase so we decided to focus a lot on her for this Update while we watch the results of the previous Update’s impact on other Heroes.
    GENERAL
    Increased Base health from 550 to 650
    Fixed an issue where the Secondary Fire module didn't appear on Iden's TL-50
    DROID SHIELD
    We made a small improvement to the Droid Shield as we felt it's wasn’t active long enough. This tweak should make it very viable.
    Increased active time from 10 to 12 seconds
    PULSE CANNON
    Iden’s Pulse Cannon has been slightly re-worked for this Update. We improved it a bit for now but we would like to re-work this ability further in the future. It now fires faster so to compensate we reduced its base damage. The zoomed-in, long range damage should feel rewarding and we wanted to push the weapon’s use in that direction. As a result we’ve reduced the explosive damage but increased the weapon’s accuracy to make it more of a skill weapon. Additionally, we’ve gone back to an earlier design idea where we wanted Iden to more freely swap between the TL-50 and the Pulse Cannon – this will make Iden feel a bit more versatile.
    Reduced the recharge time from 5 to 1 second
    Added a zoomed-in damage increase multiplier of 80% (the explosive damage is not multiplied by this change)
    Decreased the time to full power from 1.25 to 0.6 seconds
    Decreased the non-zoom dispersion from 2 to 0.2 degrees (zoom dispersion is 0)
    Reduced the recoil of the weapon
    Reduced the start damage from 100 to 40
    Reduced the end damage from 150 to 100
    Reduced the start damage distance from 125 to 30 meters
    Reduced the end damage distance from 150 to 50 meters
    Reduced the explosive damage from 80 to 20
    HOT SWAP – Star Card
    This Star card has been changed to give health to Iden when her DROID STUN hits enemies, and even more when it hits Heroes. With the Pulse Cannon rework, the old version became obsolete. We know that players want more Hero Star Cards that regain health and we will investigate adding more, but this felt like it was a good fit for Iden's Droid. We'll monitor the balance of this Star Card until the next Update.
    Boba Fett
    JETPACK
    We've heard the comparison to an F-15 and also heard that the maneuverability of Boba Fett’s jetpack is very well liked. With this tweak the speed is slightly reduced, but he should still feel fast and powerful when played.
    Reduced the forward thrust speed of Boba's Jetpack slightly
    HEALTH
    While reducing Boba Fett's jetpack forward speed, we also wanted to revisit his health as it's the lowest currently and doesn't feel correct for a hero – even a flying one.
    Increased Base Health from 500 to 550
    Leia Organa
    Leia’s hair has been updated to match her outfit
    We're happy with Leia's current gameplay but will look at her SQUAD SHIELD for Heroes vs. Villains in the future. She is a very approachable character for new players. That said we'd like to push her more into a control-the-battle style of gameplay. We decided to bump up her health regeneration to keep her base health on the same level as other blaster-wielding Heroes as well as give her more of a chance to keep in the fight.
    Increased maximum health regeneration for Leia from 150 to 200
    Decreased health regeneration delay from 5 to 4.5 seconds
    Han Solo
    Han is hard to master and him having at low health without much defensive abilities made him quite vulnerable.
    Increased base health from 600 to 650
    Fixed an issue where Han Solo's DETONITE CHARGE didn't explode mid-air
    Darth Vader
    Fixed an issue where Darth Vader's PUNISHING GRIP Star Card wasn't correctly applied.
    Fixed an issue where Darth Vader's SABER THROW ability could go through a wall on Takodana
    Emperor Palpatine
    Fixed an issue where Palpatine’s LIGHTNING ABSORBTION Star Card didn't grant the correct amount of health after being used
    Chewbacca
    STUN GRENADES can no longer be activated while other abilities are activating
    Rey
    While using INSIGHT, a circle shouldn't appear under Rey for other players when activated
    Yoda
    The area of effect should now display properly when the UNLEASH ability is triggered
    Fixed an issue where Yoda didn't break out of immobilizing abilities when using PRESENCE
    Finn
    Fixed an issue where the UI marker for Finn's DEADEYE ability would persist after the ability had ended
    Fixed an issue where weathering effects weren't working on Finn
    Lando Calrissian
    Fixed an issue where players were unable to spawn as Lando Calrissian if Han Solo was being played
    Classes, Special Units, & Vehicles:
    Assault
    Fixed an issue where weapon cooling was not working correctly for weapon mods
    Officer
    GENERAL
    Fixed an issue where Increased Cooling provided higher cooling reduction than intended
    Tweaked description of Homing Shot to clarify that it can fire multiple rockets, rather than just one
    Default Pistol
    Reduced end damage from 20 to 17
    SE-44C
    Reduced amount of shots that can be fired before overheating from 25 to 17
    Reduced how many shots can be fired before overheating when Increased Cooling mod is equipped from 49 to 25
    Reduced end damage distance from 40 to 30 meters
    OFFICER’S PRESENCE
    Flattened the points given to an Officer with OFFICER’S PRESENCE, regardless if the aura affects 1 or 19 allies.
    Point payoff with OFFICER’S PRESENCE was stacking, meaning an Officer standing in a choke point can farm thousands of Battlepoints without effort. To fix this, we've removed this stacking rule.
    TURRET
    The Turret now spots enemies when it acquires them and primes to fire. The spotted enemy is only visible to the officer who owns the turret.
    Specialist
    THERMAL BINOCULARS
    Enabled spotting logic, IMPROVED THERMAL BINOCULARS increase the time an enemy is spotted
    Added 25 point scoring event per enemy spotted
    GENERAL
    Heavy
    Fixed an issue where it was possible to use the SENTRY ability in first person
    Fixed an issue where the sound could get stuck on the SENTRY ability
    Aerials
    Fixed an issue where the IMPROVED ROCKET LAUNCHER Star Card didn't reduce recharge as intended
    Fixed an animation issue that caused Aerials to incorrectly roll when dashing
    We've updated the description of each of the Aerial units to more clearly differentiate them from each other. Jump Trooper --> Imperial Jump Trooper & First Order Jump Trooper. Rocket Jumper --> Rebel Rocket Jumper & Resistance Rocket Jumper
    Enforcers
    Fixed an issue where the Death Trooper wouldn't see a white outline on enemies that have been affected by their SONIC IMPLODER’s blinding effect
    Fixed issue where the explosion radius of the SONIC IMPLODER wasn't improved by the EXPLOSIVE EXPERT Star Card
    AT-ST
    Fixed an issue where the AT-ST’s GRENADE LAUNCHER would fail to trigger after having been activated
    Game Mode Changes:
    Galactic Assault
    Takodana
    Re-worked the defender spawns in Phase 2, moving them closer to the objectives
    The price of the AT-ST on Takodana has been increased from 1500 to 2500
    Kashyyyk
    Re-worked the defender spawns in Phase 3, moving them closer to the objectives
    The LAAT respawn time has been increased to 30 seconds
    Fixed an issue where the MTT health would not display correctly and it would sometimes enter an incorrect state
    Deathstar II
    Made Phases 2 and 3 easier to defend and Phase 1 slightly easier for the attackers by adjusting spawn positions
    Tatooine
    Phase 2 spawns for defenders have been adjusted for positioning and spread in an effort to increase safety directly after you've spawned
    Attacker spawns in Phase 2 have been moved closer to the objectives to make it easier to attack
    Defender spawns in Phase 3 have been moved closer to the objective to make it easier to defend
    Introduced various visual quality improvements such as: reduced LOD pop-in, sharper textures, improved lighting and materials, minor destructible content, and additional environmental detailing
    Adjusted frequency with which the alternative light settings appear
    Kamino
    Increased price of LAAT on from 400 to 1000
    LAAT respawn has been increased by 30 seconds
    Jakku
    Fixed an issue where players spawning into the AT-ST were occasionally spawned out of bounds
    Endor
    Updated and re-introduced the daylight setting
    Adjusted frequency with which the alternative light settings appear
    Blast
    Improved spawn zones for Blast on Starkiller Base
    Starfighter Assault
    Starfighter splash damage against troopers reduced by 50% to prevent excessive targeting of troopers.
    Fixed an issue where the MVP screen would continuously shake
    Jetpack Cargo
    Various improvements to UI clarity, issues for players joining mid-round, and respawn issues with the cargo
    Arcade
    Fixed an issue where AI could sometimes become static and not recognize the player
    Fixed an issue where Milestones in the end-of-round were missing after completing a Mission
    Fixed an issue where the battle settings were overlapping with the loading screen in Arcade
    Solved an issue where Captain Phasma’s visual environment was applied to both players when playing splitscreen
    Fixed an issue where it was possible to avoid the AI on Death Star II
    Misc. fixes to areas where Boba Fett was able to fly out of reach of the AI
    Fixed an issue where the AI would clip into a building on Tatooine
    Fixed an issue where lighting would break on the guest screen when playing Duel on Crait
    Fixed an issue where tickets were incorrectly counted if players fell off the map when playing Versus on Kashyyyk
    General Improvements and Bugfixes:
    Fixed a few areas where the player could get stuck when playing in parts of Mos Eisley
    Improved terrain collision on Mos Eisley, to prevent issues with the camera shaking when not intended
    Fixed a few areas where the player could get stuck in the interior of the Hoth base
    Improved collision for structures on Starkiller Base
    Improved collision on Kamino to prevent players from reaching unintended areas
    Improved collision for the cave entrance on Crait
    Fixed a few areas where the player could get stuck when playing on Naboo
    Fixed a few areas where the player could get stuck when playing on Endor
    Improved collision on Yavin structures and trees, to prevent the player from getting stuck
    Fixed a few areas where the player could get stuck when playing on Kashyyyk
    Fixed an issue where it was possible for a user to equip Star Cards on a locked slot
    Fixed an issue where the Star Cards were displayed with low opacity after spawning
    Fixed an issue where the user was prevented from joining a group and a server if already in a different group on a different server
    Fixed a front end issue where the yellow "new" marker was incorrectly displayed
    Fixed an issue where the milestone "Heights of Greatness" didn't track properly
    Fixed an issue where the "Double Your Efforts" challenge was incorrectly translated
    Solved a lighting issue that caused black rocks on Endor
    Solved an issue where the UI elements could start flickering if the player resized the game window
    Fixed an issue where the Aerial units weren't properly translated
    Misc bugfixes and improved animations for living world creatures on Endor
    Fixed an issue where Heroes were able to enter vehicles after a trooper had exited
    Fixed an issue where the game could get stuck in an unresponsive state if the user performed sign-out and sign-in actions repeatedly
    Fixed an issue where the game would occasionally freeze when navigating to the Collection tab in the front end
    Fixed an issue where loading screens unintentionally caused a high load on some graphics cards
    Fixed an issue where the player would sometimes lose their loadout when continuing a mission in the Campaign
    Resolved various crash issues
    Added Ansel support for Nvidia graphics cards in Arcade
    Added pre-compilation of shaders on DX12 to reduce stutter during gameplay. This can be seen in the loading screens when this process takes place.
    BfutHPQ.png
    Known Issues:
    Endor Galactic Assault – The AT-AT incorrectly has friendly fire turned on when shooting the hangar gates
    Darth Maul’s SABER THROW ability does not always hit its target
    Decals aren’t properly applied to the terrain on Crait
    Legs may clip when characters are rotating
    Headshot scoring event isn't tracked in the event log
    The XP bars are not animating at the end of a match

253J736.png
  • Options
    KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    After reading about the removal of the p2w crates completely and the shift to purely cosmetic boxes I finally picked this up. I’ve only been able to play about 2 hours so far so I can’t say much from a balance perspective but hoooooly shit is this game gorgeous. Every match I’m seeing some awesome scene play out right in front of me that feels straight out of an action scene from the movies.

I’ve been playing heavy almost exclusively so far and I really like the frontal shield ability. Are there any “noob trap” cards that I should avoid or ones I should pick up/level up ASAP? Currently all I have is two points in the impact detonator due to fear of wasting my skill points. Am I able to rank everything all the way up or will I have to choose one thing over another? I’ve tried googling it but everything I’ve found so far is out of date with regards to the progression changes.

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • Options
    ToyDToyD Registered User regular
    Konphujun wrote: »
    After reading about the removal of the p2w crates completely and the shift to purely cosmetic boxes I finally picked this up. I’ve only been able to play about 2 hours so far so I can’t say much from a balance perspective but hoooooly shit is this game gorgeous. Every match I’m seeing some awesome scene play out right in front of me that feels straight out of an action scene from the movies.

I’ve been playing heavy almost exclusively so far and I really like the frontal shield ability. Are there any “noob trap” cards that I should avoid or ones I should pick up/level up ASAP? Currently all I have is two points in the impact detonator due to fear of wasting my skill points. Am I able to rank everything all the way up or will I have to choose one thing over another? I’ve tried googling it but everything I’ve found so far is out of date with regards to the progression changes.

I don’t remember the cards off the top of my head but the unlock and leveling of cards is based upon a point that you get when you level up the class. It’s going to take essentially twelve levels to fully upgrade a 3 card layout, 1 pt to unlock and 1 pt per level upgrade. You can bank those points if you want but you’ll be paying at a disadvantage during that time. Although you will still unlock weapons and mods thpugh normal kills during that time.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I tried playing the game for the first time, and frankly I was pretty lost when playing.

I don't know if I should still play it and try and get better, or stick with a different game that I know.

40 vs 40 for a new player is daunting to master.

oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    BaFro2 is 20 v 20 I believe.

• Options
    edited April 2018
    Ayy la mayo.

https://www.ea.com/games/starwars/battlefront/battlefront-2/news/night-on-endor-update

April 18th to fight as some ewoks.
    Beneath the evening skies of Endor, the might of the Empire means little to the Ewoks as they fight for control of their home world. In Ewok Hunt*, Star Wars™ Battlefront™ II’s exciting new mode, spears and blasters battle for dominance as a squad of stormtroopers are ambushed by a tribe of Ewoks descending from the trees to channel their hidden fury. Available only for a limited time, Ewok Hunt lets you stalk your Imperial enemy under the cover of night, or desperately fight to hold off the pint-sized throngs until you can escape.

The Battle Begins

In the new mode, you start as an Ewok or in a group of stormtroopers. The ambush begins as the Ewok attacks the unsuspecting stormtroopers, using spears, Wisties, and whatever abilities they can muster to take down the intruders. Each stormtrooper defeated spawns as another Ewok. If the Empire’s forces have been completely eliminated, the Ewoks win and their celebration can begin.

However, the stormtroopers’ superior training and firepower are more than a match for the frantic Ewoks. Armed with an arsenal of weapons as well as flashlights to cut through the darkness, players must hold back the Ewok ambush if they have a hope of surviving until an extraction team can arrive.

Also 50 new appearances and the return of crystals in which to buy those appearances.

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    I guess I finally have to get this now. I would buy a game that was only about slaughtering stormtroopers as an ewok.

• Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    YEAHHHH THE BEST MODE OF BATTLEFRONT 2 RETURNS

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Okay fine. I buy this game.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    If the Ewok thing is what's pushing you to buy the game, just know that it's a temporary event and not a permanent mode.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    If the Ewok thing is what's pushing you to buy the game, just know that it's a temporary event and not a permanent mode.

It was more of that, the changes, and it being $20 on Amazon.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    $20 is tempting for the Starfighter mode and this temporary event...

• Options
    JOE_1967JOE_1967 Registered User regular
    I'd say $20 isn't an unreasonable amount for the single-player campaign either.

• Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    JOE_1967 wrote: »
    I'd say $20 isn't an unreasonable amount for the single-player campaign either.

Having experienced it during a previous rental (via RedBox) I don't feel the same (honestly, I don't think I'd pay anything to play it personally), but to each their own.

• Options
    I missed Ewok battle :bigfrown: but I patched yesterday and played a game or two. Game is still really fun, but gosh dang people are just good at it now.

Also a good note is that skill points are relative to the classes/heroes. I.E. if you spend materials to purchase skill points they will only be available for the class you exchanged them on... which is dumb. I exchanged 10 skill points worth of mats for the Assault class before realizing that I couldn't use any of those skill points on the Heavy class. So I have a few extras laying around on the Assault that I can't use while my Sniper is pretty naked.

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    edited May 2018
    I'd sort of thought I would never buy this game because of the controversy but it turns out I'm a weak-willed consumerist worm, and I bought the game for 23$ because it was actually really fun aside from all the bullshit progression stuff, and frankly I just really want to be a stormtrooper and an alien rebel soldier and a droid and shoot lasers pew pew.

I will rationalize by believing that this will send the message to EA that lootbox progression is bad and the game is much more marketable when such things are not present. I know that ISN'T the lesson they'll take away, they'll take away that they can pull this kind of bullshit and then pretend to apologize and get away with it, but hopefully monetary lootboxes will be banned or regulated by then so it will make them think they can get away with some other shitty behavior instead.

But enough about that, time to shoot droids.

Edit: I have a POWERFUL NEED to get a female Aqualish Sniper. I'd also love to see the Empire get some aliens in the form of mercenary/bounty hunters, like a Trandoshan for the heavy as a skin.

Lord_Asmodeus on
    Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln