Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

PAX West 2017 Information, FAQ, and Q&A Thread (Ask Questions Here!)

2»

• Anecdotes aside, it does violate the registration policy laid out for the last couple years of 4 tickets per day per household. YMMV on whether or not your order gets flagged, and that's not something we can answer for you with any certainty.

oB2vdx2.png
    5ErTbVb.png
    YoungFreyPookyAlertDruidsFlame
  • SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction regular
    SkeleVader wrote: »
    Duder5001 wrote: »
    I have a question about ticket purchase limits.

In the past there was a limit of 4 tickets/day. That was never a problem because I never need more than 4/day.
    This year my son will be ordering 4 tickets/day as well. He will use his own credit card but his tickets and my tickets will be delivered to the same address (he still lives with dad).
    Will that be a violation of the ticket limit rules?

Yes, that will get your tickets canceled. The limit is per household, not per person unfortunately.

I'm not sure this is 100% true. Last year I bought 4/day and my significant other got 4/day to cover the rest of our group and our orders didn't get canceled.

@Duder5001 your best option would be to email pax_questions@paxsite.com and make sure.

It is true that some people have gotten away with it for one reason or another, but the official rule that has been posted on the registration page is 4 per day per household. Emailing them will just get that standard response.

If you want to roll the dice and beg for forgiveness later that is up to you, but don't be surprised when we see people complaining about this later like they didn't know the rule.

If you need to buy more than 4 per day, then make arrangements for another person living in a different house to help. That way you have nothing to worry about.

• CKingCKing regular
    skitch78 wrote: »
    Am I missing a West F5'ers thread somewhere? It's well past May 3rd, I was expecting an active thread of numerous "Today???" posts and I'm not seeing it... hoping I'm not missing out on anything!

I've been thinking the same as well! Last year I lived for the 'staking for West' post. I've just been rereading older posts to satisfy the need for PAX talk.

• CKing wrote: »
    skitch78 wrote: »
    Am I missing a West F5'ers thread somewhere? It's well past May 3rd, I was expecting an active thread of numerous "Today???" posts and I'm not seeing it... hoping I'm not missing out on anything!

I've been thinking the same as well! Last year I lived for the 'staking for West' post. I've just been rereading older posts to satisfy the need for PAX talk.

Haha I've been wanting the same but didn't want to risk starting a thread that might be seen as not contributing to the forum.

CKing
  • krae_mankrae_man regular
    It's not waiting for PAX unless I see Business Cat constantly posting!

RiDEIncreaseBlueCroatian SensationTravman93
  • Nathan WindNathan Wind Colorado Springs, CO regular
    Been F5ing since last week but noticed that the hotel link still says PAX 2016. Didn't On Peak go live last year for exhibitor reservations for a few days before passes dropped? Either way, will keep on F5ing. I wonder if someone at PA is watching the website hits and waiting till it hits a pre-determined activity level before giving the Go Order.

PAX Prime 14, 15
    PAX West 16
    Currently playing Witcher 3 (finally finished! #Yen#1), Fallout 4, World of Warships
    My Rig: I7 7700K, Aorus K5, 32GB RipJaws V, Samsung 960 EVO 256 & 500, Gigabyte G1 1080 GTX
  • PookyAlertPookyAlert regular
    Definitely it feels different this year! :surprised: But they were so late last year, and I feel like it's worn people down. Also that the F5ers are, well, just silently stalking their prey. :wink:

• BekerBeker Child's Play Guy and PAX VR Freeplay Manager Seattle regular
    I wonder if someone at PA is watching the website hits and waiting till it hits a pre-determined activity level before giving the Go Order.

I promise you, that is not how it works. These dates are set way ahead of time, they need lots of coordination. Its not something we decide to do last minute.

-Beker/Erick
    QmTCcC1.png
    IncreaseBluezerzhulanettie76DruidsFlame
  • RavenHuskyRavenHusky regular
    Beker wrote: »
    I wonder if someone at PA is watching the website hits and waiting till it hits a pre-determined activity level before giving the Go Order.

I promise you, that is not how it works. These dates are set way ahead of time, they need lots of coordination. Its not something we decide to do last minute.

Can we get some sort of reprieve on badges? I would actually like to get some sleep when I get home from work in the morning.

BclAAPv.png

PAX Prime 2017 Checklist:
    New F5 key [X]
    Passes []
    Hotel room share []
    Patience [Still none]
    Refuse to admit that it is now PAX West[X]
  • LoonyEclipseLoonyEclipse WWHRD? Montreal, QC regular
    I can almost promise that the passes will go up during west coast working hours- they need to be able to react to any bugs or glitches that might result when they go up, and you can't do that if half your staff is having dinner at home or at their Saturday pilates class.

pax%20badges.png
    My pin lanyard
    PSN: L00nyEclip
    Steam: Loony Eclipse
    Twitter: @Loonyeclipse
  • YoungFreyYoungFrey regular
    I can almost promise that the passes will go up during west coast working hours- they need to be able to react to any bugs or glitches that might result when they go up, and you can't do that if half your staff is having dinner at home or at their Saturday pilates class.

I agree. Tickets haven't gone on sale outside of 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM for West (Pacific Time of course). Similarly, they have never on a Monday, and not on a Friday since 2011 (when it still took over a week for 3-Day passes to sell out).

• This probably isn't the best thread for speculation about when tickets go on sale. The Soon thread is probably better for that.

oB2vdx2.png
    5ErTbVb.png
    DruidsFlameIncreaseBlue
2»