As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Completely unprepared for [chat]

19495969798100»

• OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    I'm surprised so many people liked the new Ghostbusters movie because it especially felt like really drained of all life that the original had and the ending was just a CGI mess.

The other disappointments I had recently was Civil War and probably Age of Ultron.

• matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    What if that guy was your dealer

Guy goes by Teddy.

Amazing mustache.

nibXTE7.png
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Beauty and the Beast is a tragedy. First they kill Gaston, then the beast turns into that hideous guy. Then he gets with Belle.

I know the whole point is catharsis through tears but come on.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Ilpala wrote: »
    I didn't see Incredibles mentioned earlier. That holds up decently.

i didn't know you loved Ayn Rand and wanted to see poor people dying in the streets you fucking monster

hey just cuz the bad guys win doesn't make it a bad movie

it's actually quite refreshing!

are you saying that the protagonists of the Incredibles are actually the villains, here

Oh yes let's all propose our tortured make u think theories about movies where the villain is actually the hero.

Let me start, I'll go first. So in Django Unchained, at first you THINK DiCaprio is...

in Jaws the shark was framed by a convincing mechanical replica just so the protagonist could have an excuse to go shark hunting

Blah blah Gaston

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    look say what you want about Rogue One but they get Darth Vader from the Rebel's POV

Just like Disney gets OT obi wan (rebels spoilers)

the Rebels show has tons of filler but when it tackles things earnestly it does quite a good job

i'm not sure what he means with his final statement there, though, since i haven't watched it lately (the filler got to me)

• SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    oh i forgot another good "DC fucks with the TV shows because bullshit" thing

Arrow was going to feature Ted Kord/The Blue Beetle in season 3 (they even reference Kord several times in earlier seasons to set it up), but DC put the kibosh on that because there has been for many years a Teen Titans show in development for TNT, which would feature Jaime Reyes' version of the Blue Beetle

and they didn't want two different Blue Beetles on two different shows

so instead, you get a version of Ray Palmer/The Atom who is basically just Ted Kord.

that Teen Titans show never got made, btw

Pony on
  • IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »
    Elki wrote: »
    Podly wrote: »
    17952555_10101205075890466_5920441513065479654_n.jpg?oh=1a2d37bb1060d9429428560c29ffaf9d&oe=597A156D

You know, I'd have a lot of questions for whoever it was that owned one of those guns.
    That clip doesn't belong to any of those guns.

Who just has a random clip full of bullets and no gun for it?

Chicago just doesn't make any sense some times.

Maybe it was to hold the bullets for the revolver so he wasn't just carrying them around in his pocket or somethin

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    zepherin wrote: »
    Podly wrote: »
    17952555_10101205075890466_5920441513065479654_n.jpg?oh=1a2d37bb1060d9429428560c29ffaf9d&oe=597A156D
    Wait...What the fuck is that clip too? They must have missed a gun.

Uhh magazine
    What the fuck is that magazine too?

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    I was reasonably sure that I remembered all of yesterday and didn't get that drunk

but I found three business cards for hiring a drum circle for an event (also: "sound travel, sound therapy") in my back pocket

what

ftOqU21.png
  • GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    This thread is no longer active, and will be recycled.
    On average, this thread was blasting along at warp 5.6

@Pony will create the new thread
    @Ludious is backup

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Elki wrote: »
    Ludious wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    Ludious wrote: »
    I have no allies here. Some of you don't like zootopia and some of you don't like iron man 3 and you're not always the same people.

but allies can have differences...

ludious, it takes all kinds

You don't like the original Star Wars trilogy. What did you think I forgot you agent provocateur

nobody likes the OT. they just pretend to like it because of nerd pressure or because they can't bear to let go of what they liked as children, wrapped in their own nostalgia like a kitten in yarn

in fact i believe nobody has even watched the OT in over ten years, they've just pretended to

I watched the OT for the first time when I was 18ish. I enjoyed it, but what I didn't get is how those films inspired the EU and the obsession over the films that followed in that series. Of all the cinema in the world, how is it that series that generates such an obsession? If I internalized that more clearly I would not have been blindsided later as an entire degenerate culture developed around trailers and teaser shots of Marvel's universe.

I think SW tends to win on the whole obsessive culture because it literally was the creator of that type of culture and monetization of movies through external things such as the toys and such.

SW, even if you don't like, quiet literally defined Hollywood and movies for decades after.

On the other points of discussion I liked Rogue One. It had some editing issues though.

It was miles ahead of the prequels which I don't think people remember just how bad they were till you watch them again.

ESB is still my favorite though. With ANH/TFA tied for second and RotJ in third followed by Rogue One.

The first film is an obvious jaw dropper. Even with a first experience decades removed for its debut, I got pangs of regret for not having been born to watch it in the 70s. But nothing specifically about that world left me wanting for it to be explored in excruciating detail.

smCQ5WE.jpg
    Anyways, Iron Man 2 was a crime against humanity.

smCQ5WE.jpg
    661072639_MuxNm-2100x20000.jpg

smCQ5WE.jpg
This discussion has been closed.