Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[L5R LCG] Imperial cycle has releases faster than One Punch Man fight scenes.

1232426282941

Posts

  • HamHamJHamHamJ Registered User regular
    Lots of spoilers coming out of PAX. All the seals are pretty much what you would expect. Unicorn actually gets a good card.

    While racing light mechs, your Urbanmech comes in second place, but only because it ran out of ammo.
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Ended up picking up my third core and lost two games fairly hard against Crane and Lion.

    It’s rough, staring down 20-25 mil of guys and trying to defend with... 8?

    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist Registered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Ended up picking up my third core and lost two games fairly hard against Crane and Lion.

    It’s rough, staring down 20-25 mil of guys and trying to defend with... 8?

    Yeah, had that happen to me too. Not sure how to counter it yet...

    Official member of the Grilling Gentry
    "Brevity is the soul of getting your shit read." - Tube
    Rarely-updated Collecting blog
    He/Him
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I'm probably looking in the wrong spot, but where do we actually need to be and when for the kotei? It starts at eleven but that's all I've got.

    What is this I don't even.
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    I have met the person that I'm going to call the self appointed envoy of the dragon clan, and since I am a fellow Dragon he gave me a fake tattoo sleeve to rep the monks. I just had to find the right like to stand in to talk to fellow enthusiasts. Also his monk costume is p. good.

    Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
    ArcticLancer
  • ChaosHatChaosHat Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    I'm probably looking in the wrong spot, but where do we actually need to be and when for the kotei? It starts at eleven but that's all I've got.

    When you get in the expo hall go all the way to the left. Look for the big pokeball and then go on the other side of that shop area.

    ChaosHat.com - Twitter - Twitch Stream - Steam: ChaosHat - 3DS: 5215-0009-1949
    SC2: ChaosHat.444 ggtracker
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Hahaha, there's no way this is starting on time. I managed to get a deck list sheet before they ran out though.

    What is this I don't even.
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Hahaha, there's no way this is starting on time. I managed to get a deck list sheet before they ran out though.

    As is tradition.

    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
    DarkewolfeFry
  • ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    I did not realize two of my friends were going to be in that tournament. One of them is on the Twitch stream right now. Huh.

    Darkewolfe
  • ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Well, I'm going to the magistrate stage either way with my first two matches being wins. This is a long tournament.

    What is this I don't even.
    TomantaCerberusMatev
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    I finished 4-3, one win AND some strength of schedule away from Hatamoto. I just don't have the stamina for twelve hours of L5R. Also it's significantly less fun to play at the higher levels where people play head games to try to mess you up.

    My last game I conceded so the other player could get his Hatomoto. Partially because that's cool, but mostly because he was really not fun to play.

    Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
    tzeentchling
  • ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    I finished 4-3, one win AND some strength of schedule away from Hatamoto. I just don't have the stamina for twelve hours of L5R. Also it's significantly less fun to play at the higher levels where people play head games to try to mess you up.

    My last game I conceded so the other player could get his Hatomoto. Partially because that's cool, but mostly because he was really not fun to play.

    Sorry, can you clarify?

  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Aside from constantly begging for a concession, I noticed one player using pass phrasing inconsistently in a way to try to get me to miss phase triggers. I'm careful to state which phase and sub phase I'm in, and he'd pass by saying he was passing a different phase, then watch me carefully to see if it'd cause me to accidentally tip him off what kind of actions I might take two phases down the line. Mostly all in the pre conflict, conflict declaration shenanigans.

    What is this I don't even.
  • ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    Would call someone on that kind of thing so hard. What an insufferable personality type.

  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    He was good buddies with all the judges and I was unlikely to make the cut anyway, so I just tapped out.

    What is this I don't even.
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    He was good buddies with all the judges and I was unlikely to make the cut anyway, so I just tapped out.

    It may not mean much, but write an email to FFG OP. Given the large influx of players, they need to keep that shit from happening.

    Official member of the Grilling Gentry
    "Brevity is the soul of getting your shit read." - Tube
    Rarely-updated Collecting blog
    He/Him
    TomantaArcticLancertzeentchlingPMAversadmanbMatev
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Sounds like it was Lion vs. Crab in the PAX finals?
    With Crab taking it home.

    PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
    Athenoradmanb
  • CerberusCerberus Registered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Sounds like it was Lion vs. Crab in the PAX finals?
    With Crab taking it home.

    The Crab player is the one who took over from me as challenger at Worlds. Properly dedicated guy to game and clan.

    PMAversitalianranmaAthenortzeentchlingadmanbDarkewolfeMatev
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Nice nice nice.

    I’ve been tempted to slap a Crab deck together, just havn’t had time to work on it or make it out to any events other than that Summons the other day.

    Would be nice if the local stores would actually schedule the launch events more than a week ahead of time so we can actually plan around them.

    Also just got a notice that the pre-order of Battle for Rokugan was going to be shopping soon?

    PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Also official article up talking about pack 3.

    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • admanbadmanb the bored genie Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Only two days after the pack was fully spoiled from a sanctioned purchase. Continuing the trend of "FFG's departments don't talk to each other."

  • HamHamJHamHamJ Registered User regular
    admanb wrote: »
    Only two days after the pack was fully spoiled from a sanctioned purchase. Continuing the trend of "FFG's departments don't talk to each other."

    On the other hand, the "leak" created a lot of social media buzz. And then this catches up people following the official site but not leaks.

    While racing light mechs, your Urbanmech comes in second place, but only because it ran out of ammo.
  • CerberusCerberus Registered User regular
    I went to two Imperial Summons events last week, the Saturday one had a really good turn out for a low key event. I went undefeated at both playing Crab, the clan definitely have my heart right now. Even if I am enjoying trying out others to understand them and get more familiar with the card pool.

    Do I build Crane or Scorpion to learn this week?

  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist Registered User regular
    I'm thinking of building a Phoenix, either to replace my Crab splash in Unicorn for the fun of it or outright to figure out ring manipulation.

    Official member of the Grilling Gentry
    "Brevity is the soul of getting your shit read." - Tube
    Rarely-updated Collecting blog
    He/Him
  • admanbadmanb the bored genie Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I feel like Phoenix is going to end this cycle "most improved." Shrine Maiden is already great for them, Censure should be good, and Benten's Touch is great.

  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist Registered User regular
    admanb wrote: »
    I feel like Phoenix is going to end this cycle "most improved." Shrine Maiden is already great for them, Censure should be good, and Benten's Touch is great.

    I agree, but only because I'm fucking sick of all the people calling Unicorn crap until 1 card comes out that suddenly makes us "good"

    Official member of the Grilling Gentry
    "Brevity is the soul of getting your shit read." - Tube
    Rarely-updated Collecting blog
    He/Him
  • HamHamJHamHamJ Registered User regular
    I currently have a deck for every clan except Lion and am working on a second Phoenix deck.

    While racing light mechs, your Urbanmech comes in second place, but only because it ran out of ammo.
  • tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks San DiegoRegistered User regular
    Imperial Summons this weekend. Should I go with Crab, Crane, or Phoenix?

  • ChaosHatChaosHat Registered User regular
    Imperial Summons this weekend. Should I go with Crab, Crane, or Phoenix?

    Crane. For sure.

    ChaosHat.com - Twitter - Twitch Stream - Steam: ChaosHat - 3DS: 5215-0009-1949
    SC2: ChaosHat.444 ggtracker
    HamHamJ
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Crab if you're rad.
    Phoenix if you're feeling clever.
    Crane if you're dead inside.

    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I've decided that Phoenix isn't actually good, it's just that every fucking card is a novel, so they're a challenge to play against because you'll never remember the various eight abilities on every card that only apply during this ring but not that, etc.

    What is this I don't even.
  • HamHamJHamHamJ Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    I've decided that Phoenix isn't actually good, it's just that every fucking card is a novel, so they're a challenge to play against because you'll never remember the various eight abilities on every card that only apply during this ring but not that, etc.

    I'm not sure how a 0 cost +4/+4 and having every attack be Void are not good.

    While racing light mechs, your Urbanmech comes in second place, but only because it ran out of ammo.
  • CerberusCerberus Registered User regular
    Zero cost?

  • CerberusCerberus Registered User regular
    Imperial Summons this weekend. Should I go with Crab, Crane, or Phoenix?

    Crab

  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    The fiction from Into the Forbidden City got uploaded.

    Family Duty.
    Oh hey, Shinjo Shono. THERE's a name I havn't thought about in ages.

    Unrelated to that, I'm debating whether to talk about the playtest leaker that got, as we would say in the ANR thread, tag & bagged.

    Since they had some interesting... things... to say in regards to what's coming up in the next couple of cycles, and in regards to the first couple of Deluxe expansions.

    PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • HamHamJHamHamJ Registered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »
    The fiction from Into the Forbidden City got uploaded.

    Family Duty.
    Oh hey, Shinjo Shono. THERE's a name I havn't thought about in ages.

    Unrelated to that, I'm debating whether to talk about the playtest leaker that got, as we would say in the ANR thread, tag & bagged.

    Since they had some interesting... things... to say in regards to what's coming up in the next couple of cycles, and in regards to the first couple of Deluxe expansions.

    Is there some place I can find this leak that isn't like 4chan?

    While racing light mechs, your Urbanmech comes in second place, but only because it ran out of ammo.
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    HamHamJ wrote: »
    PMAvers wrote: »
    The fiction from Into the Forbidden City got uploaded.

    Family Duty.
    Oh hey, Shinjo Shono. THERE's a name I havn't thought about in ages.

    Unrelated to that, I'm debating whether to talk about the playtest leaker that got, as we would say in the ANR thread, tag & bagged.

    Since they had some interesting... things... to say in regards to what's coming up in the next couple of cycles, and in regards to the first couple of Deluxe expansions.

    Is there some place I can find this leak that isn't like 4chan?

    I made like Kisada and waded into the Shadowlands at great peril to my own soul to find the answers. (And a new dog for the Emperor.) The general gist: (Note: So much salt must be taken with anything in here.)
    First deluxe will be a Phoenix expansion. One of the new strongholds will involve recycling spells, one will be a dishonor stronghold based off claiming the Air ring.

    For those who were wanting a Enlightenment win con, apparently there'll be a card in there that works towards it. The card will sit in play and gains tokens every time you claim a ring. If it gets to 10, you win.

    In regards to the second cycle, Mantis personalities start showing up. (Which is all that matter, really.) Keyword-only, a Stronghold that makes them in-faction for 'em comes later. Supposedly will have a ranged attack mechanic that can gank people with no fate or attachments.

    Shadowlands/Lost start showing up in the third cycle, same as Mantis with a Stronghold coming later. Supposedly Shadowlands cannot gain or lose honor, and every time you reveal, the other player gains a extra honor.

    As I understand it the second Deluxe will be a box to flesh out those two factions with cards.

    The third will be a Lion deluxe. One of the Lion Strongholds will be a honor one that gets you 3 honor each time you break a province.

    PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • HamHamJHamHamJ Registered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »
    HamHamJ wrote: »
    PMAvers wrote: »
    The fiction from Into the Forbidden City got uploaded.

    Family Duty.
    Oh hey, Shinjo Shono. THERE's a name I havn't thought about in ages.

    Unrelated to that, I'm debating whether to talk about the playtest leaker that got, as we would say in the ANR thread, tag & bagged.

    Since they had some interesting... things... to say in regards to what's coming up in the next couple of cycles, and in regards to the first couple of Deluxe expansions.

    Is there some place I can find this leak that isn't like 4chan?

    I made like Kisada and waded into the Shadowlands at great peril to my own soul to find the answers. (And a new dog for the Emperor.) The general gist: (Note: So much salt must be taken with anything in here.)
    First deluxe will be a Phoenix expansion. One of the new strongholds will involve recycling spells, one will be a dishonor stronghold based off claiming the Air ring.

    For those who were wanting a Enlightenment win con, apparently there'll be a card in there that works towards it. The card will sit in play and gains tokens every time you claim a ring. If it gets to 10, you win.

    In regards to the second cycle, Mantis personalities start showing up. (Which is all that matter, really.) Keyword-only, a Stronghold that makes them in-faction for 'em comes later. Supposedly will have a ranged attack mechanic that can gank people with no fate or attachments.

    Shadowlands/Lost start showing up in the third cycle, same as Mantis with a Stronghold coming later. Supposedly Shadowlands cannot gain or lose honor, and every time you reveal, the other player gains a extra honor.

    As I understand it the second Deluxe will be a box to flesh out those two factions with cards.

    The third will be a Lion deluxe. One of the Lion Strongholds will be a honor one that gets you 3 honor each time you break a province.
    While as someone considering maining Phoenix for competitive play I find the idea of making my Wizard deck even more rediculious enticing, I find the idea of doing one clan focus per deluxe to be a bit questionable unless they are going to come out far more quickly than I understand they have in the past. Will people from whichever clan gets stuck in last place be willing to wait that long?

    Played Dragon vs Unicorn today. Was actually quite close as I was three provinces down myself when I dishonored him out with the Air ring.

    While racing light mechs, your Urbanmech comes in second place, but only because it ran out of ammo.
  • admanbadmanb the bored genie Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    If they do faction boxes the way they've been doing it for GoT it'll be 50% primary faction 50% the rest and neutrals. Still pretty unbalancing, but better.

Sign In or Register to comment.