Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[L5R LCG] Imperial cycle has releases faster than One Punch Man fight scenes.

1333435363739»

• cckerberoscckerberos Registered User regular
    They initially came with every issue of the Imperial Herald, but they kind of fell by the wayside and became increasingly infrequent as the game went on.

• AthenorAthenor Who needs lions when you have a battlecruiser? Registered User regular
    We just got in our S3 kit!

goddamn. Wooden role markers, "Ability" tokens, a single Tears of Amaterasu mat, and just a TON of awesome cards. Oh, and the scorpion plastic favors.

iLaXVZ7.png
    Official member of the Grilling Gentry

"Brevity is the soul of getting your shit read." - Tube
    Rarely-updated Collecting blog
    tzeentchling
  • tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks San DiegoRegistered User regular
    I just bought all the L5R stuff. New cards, novella, RPG, GM screen, the whole shebang. They pleasantly threw in 3 full-art Miya Satoshis too.

Tested out a Phoenix denial deck with Support of the Scorpion. 5 more influence of Scorpion cards gets you some good stuff. Wrecked a Crane and a Unicorn, both with dishonor but I had commanding positions in both games.

• WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
    How do learn to play style events work for this game at bigger events? It was on the radar for my wife and I to try at pax unplugged. Since then the schedule has filled quickly with other stuff but I want to make an effort to give it a try if there is time

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited October 12

EDIT: Also a Lion event spoiler from their AMA: Hand to Hand.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • AthenorAthenor Who needs lions when you have a battlecruiser? Registered User regular
    THIS. IS. ROKUGAN!

... yay more attachment hate!

iLaXVZ7.png

...I just realized it's basically Standoff, since it keeps going until someone doesn't blow up a attachment.

persona4celestia.jpg
    persona4celestia.jpg
    The spoiled card is bonkers too.

gheyDoUh.jpg

iLaXVZ7.png

tzeentchling
  • HamHamJHamHamJ Registered User regular
    edited October 17
    I honestly can't say if that is unplayable jank or super op.

HamHamJ on
    While racing light mechs, your Urbanmech comes in second place, but only because it ran out of ammo.
    HamHamJ wrote: »
    I honestly can't say if that is unplayable jank or super op.

For a faction that thrives on cycling through attachments? I love it, especially as it has the potential to screw over my opponent as well. I, as a Unicorn player, like to sit around 15-20 cards in my hand. It's why I hate that damned "discard down to 4" province of theirs.

iLaXVZ7.png

edited October 17
    Oh hey, there's the updated tournament regulation document.

Article up talking about some of the changes:

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/10/17/the-path-of-knowledge/

The new End of Round stuff seems to be in there, too. 65-minute round timers, if no one concedes at that point they keep going until the end of the next regroup phase or the timer hits 75 minutes. At 70 minutes, last-call for slips. After that point, anyone who turns in a slip and loses gets modified loss. At 75 minutes, hard stop and you use the tiebreaker rules to get a modified win.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    I’d post a link to the Crane “letter,” but I try not to handle fecal matter with my bare hands.

persona4celestia.jpg
    edited October 20
    Well, that was fun. Ended up going 1-3 tonight (actually had enough to go four rounds, which was cool). Slammed into my worst match-ups against 2 Crane and a Phoenix, which... sucked. But I *did* have Most Honorable all four games, so moral victory: me. Voice of Honor/Against the Waves would always show up at the worst possible time to hose me.

Did take three provinces in one turn against a Dragon player, though. toot toot.

Definitely wishing I had taken the time to update my deck with the new personality from the Scorpion pack, though.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg