Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[L5R LCG] Imperial cycle has releases faster than One Punch Man fight scenes.

1373839404143»

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    New Rules Reference is up, with the accompanying article:

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2019/9/26/the-royal-decree/

There's also a new document, the Imperial Law, which basically sums up everything important you need to know for deck-building purposes like Clan Roles (and how long each is around for), errata, and the Restricted List. It's actually really cool. Link.

Restricted List changes:

Going on:
    Consumed by Five Fires
    Cunning Magistrate
    Miya Satoshi
    Daidoji Uji
    Gateway to Meido

Coming off:
    Niten Master
    Feast or Famine

Feast or Famine also has a errata where it only moves one fate from the targeted character to a character you control instead of all of it.

Rules adjustments and clarifications in the RRG:
    Additional costs are defined
    Constant abilities (you can’t save Hotaru and Kuwanan)
    Copying characters (they gain clan affiliations)
    The covert keyword (it resolves before revealing the attacked province, if facedown)
    Triggered ability effects resolve simultaneously unless they use the word “then” or “if you do”
    “Cannot be increased/decreased” language in card abilities is clarified
    “Resolve an ability” is defined
    The word “to” is defined
    Discarding characters in the fate phase is clarified
    Disguised (the game action of “playing” a disguised character includes all of the steps of moving cards/tokens and discarding the non-unique character)

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
    persona4celestia.jpg
    edited October 11
    New article up, talking about the Draft event at Winter Court.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2019/10/11/fortune-and-fate/

They mention that you can build your own Draft Cube with your own collection, and the tools to do so will be going up online after WC.

EDIT:
    Thought process:

Man, this sounds cool! Probably annoying to have to constantly disassemble your cube for your normal decks, though...

...wait...

The bulk of the cube is probably made up of core set and first two cycle cards. The stuff that’s probably going to rotate.

I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited October 11
    Is that a bad thing? I'm actually optimistic - I loved drafting Netrunner, but it was a process thanks to the distribution model. Having an officially sanctioned drafting system will be nice.

It also likely implies they are confident in the overall health of the game's card pool at this point.

Athenor on
    Official member of the Grilling Gentry
    "Brevity is the soul of getting your shit read." - Tube
    Rarely-updated Collecting blog
    He/Him
    edited October 11
    I think where I was going with that was that more than likely most of the cards that are going to be in the cube are cards that are going to rotate, ergo you *won’t* have to really tear apart the cube or re-sleeve them. And it gives you a use for all those cards. So a Good Thing.

... and,y’know, a incentive to buy a revisited core set when it comes.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Just saw that the Lion pack is slated for Nov 1st. Yay for my Lion friends!

... wait, I'm Unicorn, I'm supposed to hate them.

Also found out a work bud of mine plays Magic. I'm gonna see if I can tempt him to the dark side.

Official member of the Grilling Gentry
    "Brevity is the soul of getting your shit read." - Tube
    Rarely-updated Collecting blog
    He/Him
    Yeah, and the Lion pack will be legal for Worlds still. They’re giving everyone who’s playing a free copy just in case.

Also:

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2019/10/14/roar-of-the-lioness/

persona4celestia.jpg
    The fiction drops just keep happening.

Wind Through Falling Leaves

persona4celestia.jpg