As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[L5R LCG] Imperial cycle has releases faster than One Punch Man fight scenes.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Athenor wrote: »
    I don't have the text in front of me, but apparently the storyline tourney is kicking off with a parade that anyone can attend.

I assume that it's probably part of the Opening Ceremonies. Where'd you see it?

A facebook post from the official GenCon account.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Phoenix Fiction is up: Risen from the Flames.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited July 2017
    Jesus that one was good.

Also, because my knowledge of L5R sucks, the ending surprised the hell out of me!

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    For the London crew, they just announced there's going to be a Invitation-only preview event on September 2'nd for around 100 players.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/7/19/honored-preview-event/
    If you are able to join us in London on September 2nd, we encourage you to apply for an invitation on Twitter or Facebook. Using the hashtag #L5RHonored, post by 11:59 PM CDT (Central Daylight Time) on Monday, July 31st. Include one or more of the following in your post to best convey why you are an honored member of your favorite clan:

Video or photo
    Cosplay costume or accessories
    Original fan art or sculpture
    Haiku, prose, or lyrics
    Thematic food recipe or dish
    Any other appropriate display of dedication

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    @Mazzyx speaking of L5R events, is there any chance you'll be doing this? I really want to play but will need some folks to play with.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    @Mazzyx speaking of L5R events, is there any chance you'll be doing this? I really want to play but will need some folks to play with.

Yes.

If I have people to play with yes. And I will be playing Crab.

Because I played Crab in the ccg for like 6+ years.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Then I think we're going to have to hang out. I'll probably play Dragon because I played Dragon fooreeeever. But before that I played Unicorn, back before they changed the backs, so we'll see which tickles my fancy more. I have a buddy who'll probably borrow my stuff to play Phoenix.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I quiet literally have a collection of every crab card, most at least 3, from imperial through I think gold. I am missing just a few very rare ones.

My friend and I made it a goal to have all of our favorite clans cards. He had pretty much every lion.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    italianranmaitalianranma Registered User regular
    Are you guys talking about playing at Gen Con? My brother and I just bought tickets, and I'd be down for a meetup.

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • Options
    From the Jade Throne podcast, Phoenix character preview: Ishiken Initiate.

(Hopefully that Facebook link works.)

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    Are you guys talking about playing at Gen Con? My brother and I just bought tickets, and I'd be down for a meetup.

No, sorry. Just discussing playing locally. This thread should totally do a gencon L5R meetup, though. Then report back to us on what happens. :)

• Options
    I'll be reporting whatever I can from GenCon - hopefully with a copy of the core in hand.

So the Ishiken Initiate - what's insane about that is that it just says "claimed ring"... So it gets stronger, automatically, as the game goes on. And as a conflict character, you can surprise your opponent with it.

• Options
    Well, as the round goes on. However thematically appropriate it would be for a void shugenja's skill to be partially infused by infinity, it reads to me that it's not a permanent buff. It's just checking to see how many rings are claimed at the current moment. Still a nasty surprise to drop on the last conflict of the round.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    New Phoenix spell attachment preview: Grasp of Earth.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    UNICORN HATE PHOENIX! Grrrr.. :(

• Options
    And here we go. Fire Chicken preview article is up: Keepers of Harmony.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    I'm not surprised, but it is becoming more and more obvious that this is going to be a game of overwhelming power and either counter or get out of the way. Which is what I liked about Conquest, but it was hard to teach new people because it was so brutal at times.

• Options
    I wonder if that's why we havn't really seen any Scorpion stuff yet.

Because if anyone's going to knee-cap people that are way over-confident with their big numbers...

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    Oh my god. Are we going to be the debuff clan?!?

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Oh shit it's Flanking.

• Options
    admanb wrote: »
    Oh shit it's Flanking.

It's also non-unique, so if I had tons of fate I could have more than one.

• Options
    edited July 2017
    You think Phoenix Weeks were done?

YOU THOUGHT WRONG!

BAM! RKO, right out of nowhere! ... Or specifically the Art of Warcast.

20374756_10154871204014016_3084328981971225492_n.jpg?oh=bb19635d731cb66d188c38df2cc5c493&oe=5A02C208

Athenor on
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    OP info coming tomorrow!

Imperial Favor tokens today!

Athenor on
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    how does imperial favor work again?

• Options
    You get Imperial favor for the glory of your readied characters + 1 for each ring you've claimed that turn. when you claim it, you choose political or military, and you get it until next phase.

There are mechanics that key off of it as well.

• Options
    Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    The imperial favor used to be really problematic. This seems like an elegant solution to the problem that's still desirable as an edge advantage.

// PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
  • Options
    I wonder if they're going to be announcing the dates & locations for the new Kotei series of tournaments. Since that was supposed to be a thing that was happening outside of the normal OP schedule.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    Lord PalingtonLord Palington he.him.his History-loving pal!Registered User regular
    Oh man, I'd love to play in more Koteis. Those were some of my favorite L5R memories, and I placed pretty high at a few of them.

SrUxdlb.jpg
  • Options
    And there's the final piece - how the players will drive the meta.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/op/l5r-lcg/roles/

• Options
    There is a LOT more here than the initial article I linked revealed.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/op/l5r-lcg/

first two events will be the Kiku Matsuri and the Honored Preview events, as already announced.

Then will follow 3 events to ramp up the game:

Launch Party (weekend of release, 30 card decks)
    Imperial Summons at the Winter World Championships to hand out the Roles
    Way of the Rings Tournament

Then in 2018 they'll be launching Deluxe Quarterly kits, which will include standard OP stuff but will also include a special event for each quarter.

There will be Kotei and Grand Kotei events held throughout the year, where the titles of Hatamoto are handed out.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/op/l5r-lcg/hall-of-honor/

Finally, the World Championships will be done up like Winter Court, with the clan holding the Imperial Favor having the venue decked out in their regalia as the next year's seekers and keepers are awarded! And the World Champ will be named Shogun, and affect the story for the next year.

The Hatamoto stuff in particular looks awesome. If you earn the title, you MUST defend your chosen clan for 2 years. If you earn another Hatamoto title, you get a damned awesome wooden token box.

op175v_2_layout.png

• Options
    THERE IS EVEN MORE.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/op/l5r-lcg/preview/

It would take way too long to detail all the bling that will be handed out.

• Options
    NealnealNealneal Registered User regular
    I'm a sucker for all of that.

• Options
    That is one hell of a lot of bling.

I am definitely curious now, especially to that part about what happens to unassigned roles.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    That's a bunch of cool shit I can't get. :(

• Options
    edited August 2017
    I'm actually kind of wondering what's going on with the Unicorn stronghold now, since it's a +0 Province strength.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    Really jealous of everyone going to GenCon for L5R, it sounds like they'll have the chance to set things up for the rest of the year, or at least until Worlds in November. So many prizes being given away!

• Options
    edited August 2017
    Unicorn Fiction is up in their staging area.

https://drafts.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/8/2/curved-blades/

Edit: Interesting! The author, Ree Soesbee, was pretty prolific with L5R.. and appears now to work with Guild Wars and ArenaNet.

http://l5r.wikia.com/wiki/Ree_Soesbee

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ree_Soesbee

Edit 2:

Bets on the Scorpion fiction being written by John Wick?

Athenor on
  • Options
    That's... yeah, a name I wasn't expecting to see again.

Bets on that Phoenix
    being a Scorpion actor in disguise?

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    I've heard that theory floated.. and I think it would be very cool if true. The intent is still pure, but the cause? Mmmm..