As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[LGBT] and friends: We All Float Down Here

Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMABaton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
edited May 2017 in Social Entropy++
So! We are all folks existing in different points on different spectrums. That's ok! Let's discuss them or general life stuff or ask for advice or share fears or whatever!

My name is Chris currently. I am a trans lady who will eventually go by Erin probably and I don't care about what pronouns you use for me at the moment. So yeah.

Hi.

Erin The Red on

• Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    Erin is a nice name.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    This Space Intentionally Left BlankThis Space Intentionally Left Blank Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Why does the government of my state have to be so damn hateful?

https://www.texastribune.org/2017/04/18/abbott-signals-support-house-proposal-bathroom-regulations/

I hope this nonsense gets struck down in court under the equal protection clause but I'm not hopeful either.

This Space Intentionally Left Blank on
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Thanks! It is the name I keep coming back to for some reason. Far be it for me to understand why my brain does stuff, but I'm gonna trust it I guess!

• Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    I go by Kay, because it is a nice unisex name.

Now, if only I was a nice unisex person to go along with it.

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Bodies are dumb. Sometimes anyways. Eventually I may have boobs. That'll be pretty rad. Boobs are good.

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Thanks! It is the name I keep coming back to for some reason. Far be it for me to understand why my brain does stuff, but I'm gonna trust it I guess!

I tend to trust my brain with most things.

Except my self worth.

I take pills for that, now.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    the day we can download our brains into stuff, i will probably do it. but like a server, none that single robit body shit for me.

i'm going to be a swarm of people.

• Options
    replacewythyreplacewythy Registered User regular
    Melding wrote: »
    the day we can download our brains into stuff, i will probably do it. but like a server, none that single robit body shit for me.

I've always thought being made of nanobots would be pretty good, they can basically just do whatever.

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular

I've always thought being made of nanobots would be pretty good, they can basically just do whatever.

Until an EMP comes along

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular

nah man, i wanna be a network of humanoid sized and shaped robits. a swarm of people, not a swarm person.

• Options
    Fleur de AlysFleur de Alys Biohacker Registered User regular
    I'm okay having one robot body at a time

But I want, like, three dozen of them

Just swap them like outfits

Maybe take an extra with me and bounce between them when having a conversation with someone

Float opposing opinions at the same time just to see what the other person thinks

Give myself fancy fist-bumps

Triptycho: A card-and-dice tabletop indie RPG currently in development and playtesting
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    I'd take just one robot body and spend a ridiculous amount of time customizing it. If I had the option of multiple bodies, I'd never get anything done beyond fiddling with them.

But screw this stupid meat-lump that I'm stuck with. I'll swap bodies and body parts as soon as the tech is there.

• Options
    replacewythyreplacewythy Registered User regular

nah man, i wanna be a network of humanoid sized and shaped robits. a swarm of people, not a swarm person.

You could do both, be swarms of swarms.

• Options
    Care Free BombCare Free Bomb Registered User regular
    Give me a giant lady body and a slightly less giant but still very tall lady body

8saxds2jkfoy.png
    3DS: 2019-9671-8106 NNID: RamblinMushroom
    Twitter/Tumblr
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    This talk of robot bodies reminds me of the first episode of Sealab 2021.

• Options
    I keep thinking about the people in the Transmetropolitan comic that upload themselves to clouds of nanomachines.

• Options
    CromartyCromarty Danielle Registered User regular
    I think I would be a SHODAN. Give me a Von Braun so I can motor around the universe and alter reality as I please.
    Probably gonna skip the whole "making life" bit though. That didn't go well for anyone involved.

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

What about robot sex?

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Rainfall wrote: »
    I'd take just one robot body and spend a ridiculous amount of time customizing it. If I had the option of multiple bodies, I'd never get anything done beyond fiddling with them.

But screw this stupid meat-lump that I'm stuck with. I'll swap bodies and body parts as soon as the tech is there.

Basically MMO alt-itis

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Yukira wrote: »
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

What about robot sex?

I forget, let's consult the tape.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zo9hqmkEfEY
    "All you do is talk about robots. Can they have hair? Can they have sex? The answer to these questions would quite possibly drive you all insane."

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
  • Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    I mean he will definitely get a radio show or an online thing but yes it is fun to see him get kicked off the network that treated him like royalty.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Gundi wrote: »
    I mean he will definitely get a radio show or an online thing but yes it is fun to see him get kicked off the network that treated him like royalty.

He's gonna write some more of his shitty shitty books about this, and they're probably going to sell millions of copies just like all his other shitty shitty books.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    not being on the network vastly diminishes his reach and audience base

• Options
    Did anyone see the John Oliver part where they played the really bad sex scene from Bill's novel (narrated by himself?)

Fuck, it was bad.

Hey maybe he'll be like GWB and realize his real skill was painting

• Options
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    not being on the network vastly diminishes his reach and audience base

I like to say he's 'doing it live' now.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    @TheRoadVirus", when my coworker transitioned in college she also chose the new name of Erin.

It's a good name!

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    Care Free BombCare Free Bomb Registered User regular
    My chest started to feel sore for no reason today

I'm so happy question mark?

8saxds2jkfoy.png
    3DS: 2019-9671-8106 NNID: RamblinMushroom
    Twitter/Tumblr
  • Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    If you have the Estro, prepare to guard your chest cause anything touching it is gonna HURT

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    artoria wrote: »
    Why does the government of my state have to be so damn hateful?

https://www.texastribune.org/2017/04/18/abbott-signals-support-house-proposal-bathroom-regulations/

I hope this nonsense gets struck down in court under the equal protection clause but I'm not hopeful either.

Hopefully Strauss will be able to get in the way again.. I don't think anything is going to get passed this session at least :| god our state government can be absolute pieces of shit

also have now called both my reps and strauss and left messages, hope people on the ground are able to do things, now that I'm in Mass so much I don't know what is happening on site quite so much any more

Blameless Cleric on
    Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
    edited April 2017
    I hope some day I'll have the option to get a robot body based off of a certain female robot character 'cause, ya know... it'd be fitting for me.

Curly_Brace on
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    How will mechanical bodies replicate the senses? Sight and hearing are obvious, but what about touch, taste and smell?

I would be all about being on kind of brain in a mechanical body, but I would miss those three senses.

• Options
    My chest started to feel sore for no reason today

I'm so happy question mark?

I've had that going for the last like. Week? Or at least it felt like someone was stabbing me in the nips. They're also turbo sensitive which is a whole new thing.

Sorry you're sore but it is probably a good sign!

• Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    How will mechanical bodies replicate the senses? Sight and hearing are obvious, but what about touch, taste and smell?

I would be all about being on kind of brain in a mechanical body, but I would miss those three senses.

Well you've got pressure, heat, etc sensors, no biggie there.

And you'd eat batteries, so you could program yourself to think they had awesome flavours.

Plus you could make your robot body be super stinko, so you'd be glad you couldn't smell it.

broken image link
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    have I already told the fencing story a billion times, here?

because I was taking a fencing class when I started HRT

and, one day, received a dead hit on my nipple from a foil

very pain

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Dubh wrote: »

very pain

good lord

• Options
    Dubh wrote: »

very pain

That sounds really un-fun!
    Fencing sounds cool though.

In unrelated news, tonight is the night of our local PFLAG meeting. I've got my fancy purple toenail polish to show off! Haha

• Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Idea for a small business: sell fencing outfits that incorporate the wire mesh component used for the face guard into the chest.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    This Space Intentionally Left BlankThis Space Intentionally Left Blank Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    So in regards to downloading your brain I've always wondered how would that work exactly. What happens to your consciousness once you do? Are you just making a copy of yourself and the original just stays in your meat body or can you truly move everything including that into hardware? There are just so many questions and ones I feel we'll have answers to soon given the current trajectory science is on with human/machine integration.

If I could truly do that then ya sign me up for a robo-lady body cause I'd be totally down for it.

This Space Intentionally Left Blank on
This discussion has been closed.