As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NFL] Elite Is A State Of Mind

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    SI wrote:
    Jones is angry at Goodell for suspending the Cowboys’ star running back, Ezekiel Elliott, for six games, which Elliott has fought and won so far; but if he loses another appeal this week, Elliott could miss Dallas’ next six games. Further, it is believed that Jones feels Goodell is too iron-fisted with player suspensions. Until recently, Jones was a steadfast backer of Goodell. But the suspensions have made him increasingly angry. He also cannot fathom how Goodell won’t put his foot down and force players to stand for the anthem. If players don’t stand, Jones is said to think, then so be it—they shouldn’t play.

“Jerry [Jones] is on a mission,” said this ownership source. “I’ve been in the league a long time, and this is as passionate and vocal as I’ve seen him on anything. He wants players to stand, and he obviously wants to do something on Roger’s contract.”

So Jerry's going to successfully politic Goodell out of the commissioner spot and get someone worse in who will do something about standing for the anthem and also bring less suspensions to the game

Fuck this terrible league

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2017
    That's some of the most ridiculous bullshit I've seen. First, lol Jerry backed Rog until the suspension hit his best player, then all of sudden Goodell is too iron-fisted. EXCEPT WITH PLAYERS THAT DON'T STAND FOR THE NATIONAL ANTHEM! He's not iron-fisted enough with those players!

What a fucking slimeball. Why don't you go the way of the Wilson family, Jerry.

Oh, and according to the article detailing the meeting the players and owners had (when Roger actually sided with the players in the most shocking turn of events), the owners were pushing back against Jerry, too. He's not all powerful, even if he thinks he is.

Goose! on
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    I dunno if NFL rules prohibit this, but I kinda hope Jones just winds up commissioner. It seems like the kind of thing he'd go for and if nothing else, it'd be entertaining

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    That'd be a good way to lose a bunch of viewers when everyone is forced to stand at attention and salute the flag during the anthem and cocaine becomes a legal supplement.

• Options
    SkwigelfSkwigelf Passed out in a cloud of farts and cigarette smoke.Registered User regular
    And every Super Bowl is held in the Jerrydome.

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Chris Christie for NFL Commissioner.

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Maximum wrote: »
    Chris Christie for NFL Commissioner.

Why not? Trump doesn't need him to be his McDonald's gopher anymore.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    I dunno if NFL rules prohibit this, but I kinda hope Jones just winds up commissioner. It seems like the kind of thing he'd go for and if nothing else, it'd be entertaining
    If the sky's the limit here, I hope he sells his team and fucks off out of the public eye for the rest of his life.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Good news! Zach Miller still has both of his legs!

• Options
    Successful surgery to repair a torn artery

Different from Bridgewater's injury in that Teddy had no artery damage, so more severe.

• Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    I'm so excited for teddy to be back. Case keenum has been surprisingly fair to middling which is way better than I was expecting but teddy is the best.

• Options
    Randy ButternubbsRandy Butternubbs Registered User regular
    I'm a damn Lions fan and even I can appreciate Touchdown Teddy

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    I'm a damn Lions fan and even I can appreciate Touchdown Teddy

Same here for GB. The division is better when he's playing.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Apparently I have two of the best three players in fantasy period in this Dynasty League.

But whoops they are both QB's whoops.

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Apparently I have two of the best three players in fantasy period in this Dynasty League.

I have a similar circumstance in a league with some friends. I have both Russel Wilson and Deshaun Watson. I'm thinking about unloading one of them to get some value at WR and/or TE, but it's hard to part with either of them.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular

I have a similar circumstance in a league with some friends. I have both Russel Wilson and Deshaun Watson. I'm thinking about unloading one of them to get some value at WR and/or TE, but it's hard to part with either of them.

Right?! I have Wentz and Watson.

In a Dynasty League.

Trading one is going to HURT.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    football is dumb. they're investigating fletcher cox' block on joe staley for a possible suspension where at worst he maybe went a little high by accident in the open field on a crazy interception return while dudes like burfict are still playing. the rules are mostly irrelevant, all that matters is the results i suppose. burfict kicked a guy on purpose but it didn't do anything, a ok, cox breaks a guy's orbital bone in a freak accident, suspension!!

yea ok nfl.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    They should suspend the entire Eagles defense for being big meanies that wouldn't let the 49ers score.

• Options
    They should suspend the entire Eagles defense for being big meanies that wouldn't let the 49ers score.

honestly i'd be way less angry at that. at least it wouldn't be couched in bullshit player safety rhetoric.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Like I said earlier the punishment/appeal system needs to be out of the hands of the Corp NFL and NFLPA
    As the courts have played favs in arbitration

• Options
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Seahawks fans rn

Supernatural-gif-mouth-open.gif

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Did the Texans have an extra tackle laying around? They're contenders this year.

• Options
    PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    Did the Texans have an extra tackle laying around? They're contenders this year.

He's been holding out all season and just came back, so whatever they were doing before last week they'll.... continue to do?

• Options
    Oh shit! I forgot he was holding out.

• Options
    Now trade Hopkins to the 49ers!

• Options

Is he a QB now?

• Options

Is he a QB now?

We'll have Cousins next year.

• Options
    Dogbone33Dogbone33 I bleed Red and Gold! State of ConfusionRegistered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Garrapalo or however you spell that shit to the Niners for a 2nd round pick.

Edit- reported by Scheffter and mort on Twitter.

Dogbone33 on
    Play Diablo 3 RoS with me. PSN-Dogbone19

Play Fanduel. One Day Fantasy Leagues use my referral

Be my friend on Magic Online! Dogbone19 is me.
  • Options

Is he a QB now?

We'll have Cousins next year.

Jimmy Garroppolo is

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    never trade with the patriots for a qb.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Dogbone33 wrote: »
    Garrapalo or however you spell that shit to the Niners for a 2nd round pick.

Edit- reported by Scheffter and mort on Twitter.

More corporate buffoonery from the 49's

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    Pats to draft HoF linebacker in the 2nd round

• Options
    Dogbone33Dogbone33 I bleed Red and Gold! State of ConfusionRegistered User regular
    KC can stop fucking themselves in the red zone in the 2nd half. That’d be cool.

Play Diablo 3 RoS with me. PSN-Dogbone19

Play Fanduel. One Day Fantasy Leagues use my referral

Be my friend on Magic Online! Dogbone19 is me.
  • Options
    statlerstatler Registered User regular
    So the Patriots currently have no backup QB. That's ...not good.
    Maybe Bill is looking to troll the rest of the league and racist Boston fans and will sign Kap? *fingers crossed*

qy85xdkddou7.png
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Knight_ wrote: »
    never trade with the patriots for a qb.

Pellaeon on
  • Options
    statler wrote: »
    So the Patriots currently have no backup QB. That's ...not good.
    Maybe Bill is looking to troll the rest of the league and racist Boston fans and will sign Kap? *fingers crossed*

More likely he'll troll Kap and sign some scrub like everyone has been

This discussion has been closed.