As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NFL] Elite Is A State Of Mind

Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplaceShe crawled right inRegistered User regular
edited October 2017 in Social Entropy++
J1JjUg4.jpg

Well sports fans, that wonderful moment is coming up soon. That's right the NFL draft is upon us. The hot questions are as follows:

- How will Cleveland fuck this up?
- Which Rutgers player will Belichick take in the third round?
- Who will take Joe Mixon? (Please not cincy)
- Will somebody throw a fistful of batteries at Goodell? (Yes)

Needless to say things are heating up. Post all of your reckless speculation in this thread.

4/28/17 Updates
Cleveland took Deshone Kizer.
The Bengals took Joe Mixon.
I don't think the Pats took anyone from Rutgers.......yet.......
No batteries have connected with Goodell.

---~~~---

FANTASY LEAGUE STUFF, OR WHATEVER
---~~~Bad Predictions League~~~---
Bad Predictions is the greatest fantasy football league ever created and the finest current SE++ tradition.

-Peen

Clint Eastwood on

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    don't forget Eli's memorabilia scam

Xehalus on
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    Sorry. I already forgot about it.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Giants have their first ever Thanksgiving game thus year and they open the season in Dallas.

• Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    So is there anyway that the Brown's are so inept as to leave Garrett there for the Niners at #2?

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Hawkstone wrote: »
    So is there anyway that the Brown's are so inept as to leave Garrett there for the Niners at #2?

As history shows they will do something far dumber

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    Hawkstone wrote: »

I wouldn't expect the 49ers to take him either

• Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
  • Options
    The scenario that a lot of people are playing out is the Browns trade their pick/s for Garoppolo
    :rotate:

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    It'll be chalk.

Garrett goes to Cleveland

Thomas goes to SF.

Now, Cleveland might trade up from 12 to grab a QB, but they might not need to.

• Options
    SkwigelfSkwigelf Passed out in a cloud of farts and cigarette smoke.Registered User regular
    49ers have the luxury of going BPA at all their draft spots and potentially filling a need.

Good job, Jed!

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Yeah, there will be a lot of articles about what Cleveland will do with the number one pick but it's all just a smokescreen. They're taking Garrett.

Unless someone comes along with a just stupid trade offer.

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Yeah, there will be a lot of articles about what Cleveland will do with the number one pick but it's all just a smokescreen. They're taking Garrett.

Unless someone comes along with a just stupid trade offer.

Don't underestimate Kevin Costner.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I think Cleveland can get Garrett at #1 and still get the QB they want at #12.

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    I think Cleveland can get Garrett at #1 and still get the QB they want at #12.

Yeah they'd at minimum get a QB with more potential than they've had in this decade. There's no reason to draft one at #1 or trade up from #12.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    There's barely a QB worth taking in the first round.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    didn't stop the rams

• Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    I keep seeing a Draft Day dvd at the gas station by my house and thinking to myself, surely this is worth five dollars. Right?

• Options

So you're saying the Jets are drafting a quarterback in the first round?

• Options
    I hope Christian Hackenberg never plays a down in the NFL.

• Options
    edited April 2017
    Maximum wrote: »

So you're saying the Jets are drafting a quarterback in the first round?

I'm saying that since none of them are worth a first round pick we're going to see 5 quarterbacks drafted.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    I hope Christian Hackenberg never plays a down in the NFL.

Half of me is like this, the other half desperately wants the people saying "why's he still sitting" to see him take two snaps in a game that matters and immediately conclude "oh shit yeah that's why"

It's been some time since I saw him play the last game at Penn State though, so I admit I'm probably being optimistic in thinking that first snap won't be terrible enough

• Options
    Half a dozen teams trade up in an attempt to draft DeShone Kizer. Jon Gruden ejaculates on Trey Wingo's face.

• Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    Reuben Foster fails drug test, good times.

• Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    There's a fairly significant portion of Kansas City's fan base that wants us to draft Pat Mahomes.

KC has 10 picks, and probably don't have the roster space for 10 picks.

We've worked out all the top QB's. Speculation is that we're candidates to trade up for a QB.

of course, all that means we're going to draft a defensive end or a guard.

this QB class doesn't seem all that great.

• Options
    It's not. Trubisky is probably the best and I don't even think he's a first rounder.

• Options
    PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    I keep seeing a Draft Day dvd at the gas station by my house and thinking to myself, surely this is worth five dollars. Right?

5 dollars is a lot to pay for a coaster

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Yeah, the draft being another week away is kinda lame.

• Options
    Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    Apparently the Jets invited Jamal Adams to visit and then asked him why he came since they think he'll be drafted before them.

Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
  • Options
    Well the yearly joke of I expect to be taken in high in the draft does work this year seeing the number of picks Cleveland has

• Options
    Looking like ADP might be signing with New Orleans. Not sure about that myself, doesn't Mark Ingram still have a fair amount of tread on his tires?

• Options
    I already dislike the Saints, so that works for me.

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Perhaps they're hoping to have the injuries balance out to where they have one actual runningback at all times.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    Honestly, I forgot Mark Ingram was even in the league.

• Options
    It's a bad fit too, since ADP is a notoriously awful pass blocker.

• Options
    mcp wrote: »
    Honestly, I forgot Mark Ingram was even in the league.

He had some great fantasy weeks last year.

• Options
    Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
  • Options
    Hmmmm apparently there is "mutual interest" between The Giants and Lagarrette Blount.

• Options
    Yep, Peterson to the Saints on a two year deal.

He'll be Ingram's backup, apparently.

• Options

So it's allegedly that CB out of Ohio State. And apparently his agent is saying they'll only talk about it postdraft? Uh, see you in the udfa column bud

This discussion has been closed.