As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Bundle up tight and abandon [Fashion] for warmth

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    For a second there I thought this was D&D chat talking about their tiny dongs again.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    tell us more about this monster dong

You'll have to ask someone with experience on the subject!

you have enough to judge something as not one so tell us

how did you come by this expertise on dongs and the monstrousness of said

bowen wrote: »
    For a second there I thought this was D&D chat talking about their tiny dongs again.

?

y11ndu0srems.jpg

???

Magic Pink wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »

?

y11ndu0srems.jpg

???

I dunno man they just talk about tiny pensis a lot and for a hot second I thought I was in the chat tab I have open.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    So do all faux leather jackets fall apart after some amount of time, or did I just have some bad luck with the one I bought many years ago? It did have a tag that said something about the material and/or coating naturally disintegrating in like a year's time, but it actually took several years before the area right behind the neck started to peel and fall apart.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
    edited September 2017
    So do all faux leather jackets fall apart after some amount of time, or did I just have some bad luck with the one I bought many years ago? It did have a tag that said something about the material and/or coating naturally disintegrating in like a year's time, but it actually took several years before the area right behind the neck started to peel and fall apart.

in my limited experience, yeah the coating comes off pretty fast

Magic Pink on
    It's a problem with bonded leather and fake leather in general.

You see this a lot with bonded leather furniture too, it starts to flake pretty heavily after a few years of use.

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    I've learned that bonded leather is really best left in the store. Whatever fabric covered furniture you can get for the same price as the bonded leather is going to be much nicer in about 3-4 years once the bonded leather turns to shit.

I bought jeans! A pair that actually lets me squat and sit and whatnot.

The other pair is actually this weird soft denim that is basically sweatpants but look convincingly like jeans. They have a drawstring in the waist. My friend swears by them, but I say they are an affront to nature and should not exist. But I will definitely give them a shot.

Also I bought a faux leather jacket cause I wanted one/liked the look/have plans for a Halloween costume.

steam_sig.png

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    So my folks went to an 80's-themed kegger this past Sunday and part of my dad's outfit was a sweet pleather jacket from the late 70's.

He gave it to me today.

And it feels so cool.

I am drawn to adventure in it.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    So my folks went to an 80's-themed kegger this past Sunday and part of my dad's outfit was a sweet pleather jacket from the late 70's.

He gave it to me today.

And it feels so cool.

Now that you have had Zima, what adventure is there left for you to behold?

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »

He gave it to me today.

And it feels so cool.

Now that you have had Zima, what adventure is there left for you to behold?

More Zima.

• Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    new watch time

AI7B0314_copy_20170814113829.jpg?auto=format&fm=jpg&fit=crop&w=955&dpr=1

wY6K6Jb.gif
    oo that's nice

• PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    Gasp!
    WqEQzdX.jpg

I really like it.
    I love the colours, I love the fabrics, and I absolutely adore the pockets.

ButIt's a bit too tight on my shoulders. There's a little button at the bottom of the V in that picture, and anytime I splay my shoulders at all the button pops.
    But at the same time, it's very clear that the bust was designed for someone who's got 3 cups on me.

I think I'm going to return it, and re-order one with custom measurements instead of one of the fixed fits.

• LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Space princess.

• PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    It is 100% a dress you would expect a space princess to wear.

• SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    I was so jealous that style was out when I went to order one.

• SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Psykoma wrote: »
    Gasp!
    WqEQzdX.jpg

I really like it.
    I love the colours, I love the fabrics, and I absolutely adore the pockets.

ButIt's a bit too tight on my shoulders. There's a little button at the bottom of the V in that picture, and anytime I splay my shoulders at all the button pops.
    But at the same time, it's very clear that the bust was designed for someone who's got 3 cups on me.

I think I'm going to return it, and re-order one with custom measurements instead of one of the fixed fits.

Your hair look great there too! Goes well with the dress :)

• NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    I just booked my first hair appointment in like 5 years. I'M SO EXCITED :D

I've been growing my hair out for the past ~2 years so I could get a nice red balayage. I've been cutting my own hair for years because it's wavy and I figured anything slightly off wasn't noticeable...so getting a cut AND a fancy color is the ULTRA-LUXE treatment for me haha. I looked online for awhile before I found a salon that had pictures that I was happy with. Going to see a colorist who can pull off seriously nice balayages (check out the top row specifically).

I'll be aiming for something like this:
    fd3067c3b7d5268ff6678c1c6279bbf8.jpg

And here's a "before" of my slightly red-tinted hair that has 4" of natural roots showing.
    zr0cqwv451po.jpg

It's going to be $Texas but I figured since I do this never, and I'm working again, it can be a treat for myself. :)

that is a really good look

treat yo self

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular

He gave it to me today.

And it feels so cool.

Update! It's actual authentic leather!

Leather_Jacket.jpg

• Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    That jacket rules.

Those hairs rule.

That space dress rules.

You rule.

Good work everyone, let's hit the lockers.
    :winky:

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    That jacket rules.

Those hairs rule.

That space dress rules.

You rule.

fuuuck, are we back on Soccer Practice already?

ikbUJdU.jpg
    MadEddy wrote: »
    Belleville is the actual brand of boot I was issued before the Army switched to deserts. I still have them, thirteen years later, so they hold up.

My Bellevilles just showed up today and they are mad comfy. Like the most comfortable army boots I've ever owned. they're too heavy for my shattered foot but hopefully they'll strongthen it up.

Thanks!

• Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Mysst wrote: »
    That jacket rules.

Those hairs rule.

That space dress rules.

You rule.

fuuuck, are we back on Soccer Practice already?

I only have one sports season, and it's "The White Sox are bad again" season.

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited September 2017

He gave it to me today.

And it feels so cool.

Leather_Jacket.jpg

All of a sudden for no reason at all I feel like I want to buy a car from you.

That...

That is a powerful jacket.

sarukun on
  • SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    If it wasn't for the smartphone, I'd say that picture was taken in the 70s. Missing that incredible handlebar mustache, though.

sig.gif
    If I don't work for the two weeks of winter break in December I could absolutely grow out a mustache to go with that aesthetic.

sarukun wrote: »

He gave it to me today.

And it feels so cool.

https://s26.postimg.org/ushq0dbmx/Leather_Jacket.jpg

That...

I only have one word for you.

ThunderCougarFalconBird

• pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »

He gave it to me today.

And it feels so cool.

https://s26.postimg.org/ushq0dbmx/Leather_Jacket.jpg

That...

I only have one word for you.

ThunderCougarFalconBird

I just.. I don't know that there's enough Eagle down.

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    If it wasn't for the smartphone, I'd say that picture was taken in the 70s. Missing that incredible handlebar mustache, though.

Totally getting a Mr. Kotter vibe from that photo.

And with Zonugal doing substitute teaching...

• sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »

I am so glad I am not the only one who thought this.

• NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    So I really like things that are unique or different-from-the-standard, but still stylish. I haven't worn a watch since I was like 13, but I would totally wear this. (This is a Kickstarter thing that's still running and has already been fully funded, but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to link a Kickstarter here even though I'm not asking anybody to support it). If you want to look it up though it's called "ATLASTIME: The World Watch" :)

e74a1271276e71aefd104f4db09ebdb9_original.png?w=680&fit=max&v=1504987762&auto=format&lossless=true&s=33dad92acc016fb06acd6cceaef9353a

For a second I thought that was the same watch above.

That is also a nice watch.

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    But how do you get it so it's always pointing in the correct direction?

Maybe the cardinal thing floats too and that's just a computer generated image?

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I would actually be into a watch that had everything on a floating compass with 12 o' clock synced with true north so you had to constantly recenter yourself to tell what time it was

So it's just a wristwatch?

steam_sig.png

This discussion has been closed.