As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bundle up tight and abandon [Fashion] for warmth

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    My main shoes are a pair of toe capped+steel soled boots and they are possibly the most comfortable pair I've had for years, right off the shelf. I've dropped enough things on my feet, stood on nails outside, shut them in doors and so on that they have earned their stripes for sure.

Plus, no VAT so hella cheap.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Einzel wrote: »
    Do you actually need safety boots? I wouldn't voluntarily wear them if I didn't have to for work.

No I just like them, they go well with jeans and are great in the snow too

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    I tried out a glitter gradient on my nails for the first time today. Worked out pretty well, I think!

i59ynivm0p1x.jpg

• Options
    Also JEEEEEEEBAS doing the other hand was hard.

• Options
    EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    That's a good blue. I'm currently on a quest to get all the metallic blue-black in the world cause it matches my phone :|

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    That looks real good, ND!

• Options
    is the glitter like legit hobby glitter and is it also everywhere now?

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    bowen wrote: »
    is the glitter like legit hobby glitter and is it also everywhere now?

....what

Glitter nail polish exists!

• Options
    wait a minute

oh no I'm going to end up on youtube watching nail polish videos again

• Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    I can see eternity

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    i am fine with my body except inasmuch as i have gained weight because i'm on this new drug, and now we come to the problem: most of my pants are too tight, which likely means going through the whole fuckin' rigmarole of the insanity of womens' sizing yet again. alternately, i get even more leggings/tunics, muahaha. anyway, i got some rompers because these were on clearance, comfy as shit, and floaty pretty fabrics.
    https://target.scene7.com/is/image/Target/52320950?wid=3000&qlt=70&fmt=pjpeg
    https://target.scene7.com/is/image/Target/52320953?wid=3000&qlt=70&fmt=pjpeg
    gonna need a bodysuit or feelin' laissez faire re: my cleavage and bras 'cause the hook is poorly placed for my chest and creates a gap. and also feeling sassy because they are short. none of these are difficult conditions to meet, really.

the number of women i've seen wearing straight-up hotpants as daywear has emboldened my already jaunty attitude towards the visibility of my upper thigh. i swear to god, most recent girl would've been well-prepared for a pole class -- this is what comes of yoga pants' ubiquity. from a fashion and not-wanting-bodily-details standpoint, these are clothing crimes, but from a feminist, body-positive stance, idgafffffffffff

now, i don't want to see the lower margin of your thong as you walk ahead of me into the afternoon sun, but power to your confidence, holmes

lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    It took me a thirty minute drive there and a thirty minute drive back, but I have acquired Manic Panic Dyehard from as far as I can tell the only purveyor in the country. (On Carousell, from some woman's home.)

Project greyscale is go. Repeat, we are go for greyscale. I'm a bit worried about applying the Aquacolor evenly on the back of my neck and ears etc but I'm gonna make it work.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    I'm going to a thing tonight with a 20s theme. I'm excited to dress up for it since I've never had the opportunity to go 20s glam before! Happily my hair already sort of naturally does finger waves if I guide it a little, so I'll just need to tuck the curls into a bun or something and voila.

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    Project greyscale is go. Repeat, we are go for greyscale.

I'll notify the maesters of the Citadel so that you might be properly quarantined.

• Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    Peas wrote: »
    2y2s7nb7o0j3.jpg
    vp8fkiamf45x.jpg

Aw yea

I bought the Tony Tony Chopper shirt and white jean shorts!

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Guys. I firmly believe that all body shapes and sizes are beautiful.

But I'm so goddamn sick of everything being made - not size, but stylewise - for people whose body shape is apparently like... A rectangle? I have muscular shoulders and non-small boobs and a relatively smaller waist and a big ol booty. And INVARIABLY, clothes that fit my ass and breasts have no defined waist so I look like a Lego person. And it PISSES me off so frickin' bad, man. Like, what is that even? Other than laziness because you don't have to spend money on tailoring the fabric beyond "rectangular."

(Shopping for this event is Not Going Well.)

Ready to wear has always had this problem. I personally think it's worse when you're as fat as myself, because there's a lot of different ways to be fat. This is one of the reasons I stopped shopping in stores and went full online-only for clothes. Eshakti especially eliminates the rectangle-is-the-default problem.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    So I dragged my bestie out of her house today, we're visiting, leaving the toddlers with the husbands, and we went shopping!

We ended up at our big crafts and fabric store and really should not have. Found this table of discounted rayon/satin type material and then grabbed a pattern and since agreed also a wizard,

I'm going to actually get a big kimono-style robe/top by the end of the weekend!

The fabric is just stunning. I can't wait to show it to you all.

• Options
    bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    I'm going to a thing tonight with a 20s theme. I'm excited to dress up for it since I've never had the opportunity to go 20s glam before! Happily my hair already sort of naturally does finger waves if I guide it a little, so I'll just need to tuck the curls into a bun or something and voila.

I think it turned out pretty well! Excuse my serious face (hopefully picture is not huge). All the pictures where I look happy have other people in them and I don’t feel like cropping them out.

Poof

bowtiedseal on
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Wow! You look great! Very 20s class :)

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Please let this work

House coat!

My new house coat https://imgur.com/a/Tz8Sr

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    You weren't kidding, that fabric rules!

7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Yo that housecoat is GORGEOUS! I love it! You look beautiful in it.

Sorry about being a non-presence all over the place, including the Halloween thread (oof). Friday's black-and-white makeup turned out pretty well, although I didn't end up doing enough photos with my camera at the event.
    LybSIuUl.jpg

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    somehow I had a nordstorm banner for dresses show up. they were very nice

_101451743.jpg?crop=pad&pad_color=FFF&format=jpeg&w=391&h=600&quality=70

but I'm not sure they are $9,000 nice

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
  • Options
    Jars wrote: »

snip

I ended up on Nordstrom the other day randomly, and found a $10,000 pair of "crystal-studded boots". One size only. Handmade in Italy.

This reminds me of the fun game "let's find the weirdest goddamn shoe on Zappos". Unforunately it looks like there's nothing too insane for the current season...but trust me, it's wacky as hell. And always extremely expensive.

• Options
    edited October 2017
    Jars wrote: »

snip

I ended up on Nordstrom the other day randomly, and found a $10,000 pair of "crystal-studded boots". One size only. Handmade in Italy.

This reminds me of the fun game "let's find the weirdest goddamn shoe on Zappos".

Here's the recent winner for me, found on Puma's site while browsing a sale. Spoiler big.
    jpeg

Einzel on
  • Options
    I always figured the kind of person that would drop 10k on crystal boots would probably not be shopping at clothing stores but would have their own tailors who make them clothes and maybe a cobbler to make them their own crystal studded boots.

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    There are people who buy of the shelf sneakers and then have those indivualised for hundreds or thousands of dollars.

I can imagine there is a clientel that is rich enough to just buy those novelty shoes of the big brands just for shits and giggles, because why not.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    edited October 2017
    I feel like $10,000 store-bought shoes would very much be a 'new money' kind of thing to buy. If you're a Vanderbilt or a Rockefeller you're probably on first name terms with a handful of custom shoemakers who you pop in and see every few months on one of your regular sailing trips with your personal stylist and butler in tow.

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • Options
    Are the Vanderbilts still a thing? I thought the depression fucked their family something fierce.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    I dunno, it's just shorthand for old money families.

• Options
    BolthornBolthorn Registered User regular
    Sub in the DuPont family?

That dress is nice. Not sure I could ever spend that much on any one clothing item. Drop a zero and depending on the item, maybe.

I need to start building a new wardrobe. I'm tired of wearing nothing but polos and henleys with jeans everyday. Finding things in good sizing for being tall though sucks. It's either out of stock or way more than I'm willing to spend. $150 for one dress shirt is crazy to me.

• Options
    denihilistdenihilist Ancient and Mighty Registered User, Moderator mod
    100317UrC2517IG.jpg

so that's...a look...hmmmm

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    More of a look away if you ask me

• Options
    Are those realtree camo waders?

• Options
    I was all yeah ok I can see that and then I scrolled down to the boots and...huh I don't know anymore

7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    What boots?

The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
  • Options
    FASHION

This discussion has been closed.