As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

How about some coffee

• Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    My Bodum Pour-Over Coffee Maker + some fresh ground Ethiopian or Costa Rican beans is my newest most favorite weekend routine. After 5 mornings of shitty work coffee that needs creamer to be halfway palatable, drinking some good coffee black is a boon.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    coffee sometimes makes me poop all day long

Apparently coffee makes your intestines do the worm.

Literally. The same motion worms use for motion, your guts use to move your food and waste through them. Coffee exacerbates this contraction motion.

• PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    pooka wrote: »
    Psykoma wrote: »
    Peen wrote: »
    There are approximately 1 kajillion other ways to get caffeine in this our modern society, coffee is just the best.
    I drink some tea, but I had to stop drinking soft drinks and I'm not sure where else to get decent amounts of caffeine.
    have you tried yerba mate? it also has a couple more xanthines than just caffeine, but everyone i got feedback from at the teashop (including myself) found it to be a much smoother stimulant -- no caffeine/sugar crash.
    the flavor of it straight-up is not for everyone, as it basically tastes like grass, but i quickly developed a liking for it. it's also really refreshing with lemonade and/or mint tea. weirdly, it took on a bit of a light chocolatey flavor when mixed with the right proportion of soy milk.

Thanks, I'll look for it :)

• DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    coffee sometimes makes me poop all day long

Apparently coffee makes your intestines do the worm.

Literally. The same motion worms use for motion, your guts use to move your food and waste through them. Coffee exacerbates this contraction motion.

Yeah, I read something about when coffee hits your stomach, your stomach sends signals to the intestines and stuff to start contracting and whatnot. That's why even though the coffee isn't anywhere near to exiting your system, you'll be needing to poop. Also that it doesn't affect everyone this way (it really hits my wife hard, but hardly affects me)

JtgVX0H.png
  • Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    I like coffee

• Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    I like coffee

hear hear

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    I wonder what raktajino would taste like?

Blood, I have to assume

• DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    been salting my coffee grounds and, lemme tell you, it really does cut the bitterness

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    much like dark chocolate I find coffee to often have a quite pleasant bitterness.

• mcpmcp Registered User regular
    Man, I fucking love coffee.

I've got a french press at home. Nothing fancy. It's my first one, so I didn't want to spend a whole bunch and find out I wouldn't really use it or whatever.

I have caribou, and intelligentsia at home. It's already ground.

Next, I need to get a bean grinder.

My favorite coffee is Dark Matter.

We have folgers at work, and it tastes like dirt water.

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    I like to put cinnamon in with my freshly ground beans

• Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    in recent developments, i got a breville espresso machine recently to up my MUD game

it is the life, friends

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    coffee is good. I have a drip-machine for when I want a whole pot of coffee and a french press for when I want better coffee. I did not know that trick to make cold brew with it so I will definitely be trying that out.

• ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    I like coffee

I like tea.

• MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    edited April 2017
    in recent developments, i got a breville espresso machine recently to up my MUD game

it is the life, friends

Which mud(s)?

Metalbourne on
  • IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    Hello coffee friends! I have a problem! It is not enough coffee.

• Mr. ButtonsMr. Buttons Registered User regular
    I'm using Ninja right now, because it was a gift. Strike water temp is pretty good, and there's a pause at the beginning of a brew for the grounds to bloom for a bit. Too much TDS in the first and last cup of a pot for my liking, but overall it makes a decent drink for someone who wants something better than your regular automatic drip but lacks the capability to function enough to use a more complicated method when they first wake up in the morning.

Also, another liker of the McDonald's coffee. The red label, medium roast one

• SnowbearSnowbear Registered User regular
    My SO and I live with family. and everyone in the house drinks coffee. So on a weekend morning we can go through 2 pots of coffee fairly easily. Now the issue is that everyone gets up at different times and sometimes you don't want to reheat coffee in the microwave after it has been sitting for a couple hours. My thought was to get a large, 12-cup thermal carafe which is gonna keep it warm for an extended period of time while also limiting the trips to the kitchen where the drip machine is. Does anyone have recommendations for such a thing?

8EVmPzM.jpg
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    I just finished 8 cups of coffee

and I kind of want another pot

• TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    I love my aeropress. I've done a cold brew in it and it was fantastic.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I love coffee

I buy the coffee and sugar and nasty powdered creamer for the work coffee club

I use a Keurig machine at home, but I have a reusable capsule

Seattle's Best makes some kind of blend with a dog on the bag, I like it

• DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    I'm starting to try other coffee seasonings

did a little cayenne pepper, today, and it's not bad

creates a pleasant little tingle on my tongue

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • mcpmcp Registered User regular
    edited April 2017

it is the life, friends

Which mud(s)?
    Man, I fucking loved muds.

I'm still an admin on one. We don't really have any players anymore, but a few of us still log in a chit chat while we're at work.

mcp on
  • A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    I love coffee

I buy the coffee and sugar and nasty powdered creamer for the work coffee club

I use a Keurig machine at home, but I have a reusable capsule

Seattle's Best makes some kind of blend with a dog on the bag, I like it

Spirited Start, it's their breakfast blend. Not too shabby, I have that at work along with some of their Easy Going which is a medium blend.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
    mcp wrote: »

it is the life, friends

Which mud(s)?
    Man, I fucking loved muds.

I'm still an admin on one. We don't really have any players anymore, but a few of us still log in a chit chat while we're at work.

My ex-boyfriend is blind and likes video games. I've wanted to get him into mudding forever. I've also wanted to run my own mud since I was nineteen or so.

• MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    This thread is making me want coffee, but it's almost eight o'clock at night.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
    MadEddy wrote: »
    This thread is making me want coffee, but it's almost eight o'clock at night.

Hey I don't judge

• Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    dude i work with buys fresh beans and roasts them himself, we drink it religiously at work

other shift crews drink Folgers.... which we have branded "the shame of columbia"

• NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Yeah the Keurig machine at work always made....the worst coffee.

I also like mine strong, and if you ask it to brew you a "strong cup" it makes you 1/4 of a cup. So you have to do it more than once to actually get a solid amount of strong coffee.

I don't really get the mass appeal of these machines to be honest.

NightDragon on

I also like mine strong, and if you ask it to brew you a "strong cup" it makes you 1/4 of a cup. So you have to do it more than once to actually get a solid amount of strong coffee.

I drink enough coffee that I felt like I was wasting my life in front of that fucking keurig

keurig's just seem like a waste of money to me

not in that they make "bad" coffee or anything like that

just that simply brewing it with a regular drip machine is a lot less money?

• Mr. ButtonsMr. Buttons Registered User regular
    Al_wat wrote: »
    dude i work with buys fresh beans and roasts them himself, we drink it religiously at work

other shift crews drink Folgers.... which we have branded "the shame of columbia"

Roasting fresh beans and brewing in a vacuum pot is my dream of ideal coffee drinking

is there some benefit to brewing at lower temperatures or something

• WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular

I tend to be able to drink coffee from anywhere, no matter how bad and till appreciate really nice coffee.

But remember the coffee machine at the place we worked?
    And the time period it wasnt cleaned frequently enough

And fruit flies colonized it

I have a severe distrust of all coffee machines now

okay i just looked up vacuum pots

why are they called vacuum pots they are never sub atmospheric

(and therefore i was mistaken in my earlier post in assuming that they involved lower boiling temperatures)

seems like a cool way to brew coffee I guess. Not sure if there is really a benefit there or not

I have a new Keurig

It does ok

It's also fast, and I make one large travel mug in the morning, and a mug or two at night

And it works really well for me

• SkwigelfSkwigelf Passed out in a cloud of farts and cigarette smoke.Registered User regular
    I have a new Keurig

It does ok

It's also fast, and I make one large travel mug in the morning, and a mug or two at night

And it works really well for me

Also when I click "Strong" I can also choose to make a 12oz cup(and then add another 6oz because my mug can hold about 20oz).

Maybe older model Keurigs have the whole "Strong? You get a 1/4 cup!" thing.

I did buy a cold brew kit, but it arrived broken

I'm going to send it back and get another one and try again

• ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    So does coffee from a moka/brikka pot compare to drip? Like, flavor wise? Is it just stronger (more condensed)? Or is it actually smoother or fuller or anything like that?

I may look into a french press just because I know you can do cold brew and I know cold brew has a much smoother/less bitter flavor, even if you heat it up

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac