Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[5E] Before the Darkness - "The Gnome is probably the best choice"

123457»

• The Hanged ManThe Hanged Man Be cool, Gurney. Registered User regular
    I had a dream about rolling a new character, a Svirfneblin Artificer (Alchemist) who got over his sunlight sensitivity by spamming Smoke Bombs for cover, whether or not any allies were in the radius.

I just wanted to let you all know, he is not going into the character file as a possible replacement if Tusk dies. Especially because, now that I'm awake and looking at the Svirfneblin stats, I see that they don't actually have sunlight sensitivity like Drow or Duergar do, so his whole dumb schtick would be pointless.

TUMBLR: canstthoudrawoutleviathan.tumblr.com (mostly tabletop RPG anecdotes & art)
    TWITTER: @DesertLeviathan, PSN: LeviathanAscends, 3DS FRIEND CODE: 1590-4800-2407
    0c9YdeS.png
  • see317see317 Taco Count 2017: 61 Registered User regular
    I had a dream about rolling a new character, a Svirfneblin Artificer (Alchemist) who got over his sunlight sensitivity by spamming Smoke Bombs for cover, whether or not any allies were in the radius.

I just wanted to let you all know, he is not going into the character file as a possible replacement if Tusk dies. Especially because, now that I'm awake and looking at the Svirfneblin stats, I see that they don't actually have sunlight sensitivity like Drow or Duergar do, so his whole dumb schtick would be pointless.

Well, sure, you know that, and (now) we know that.
    But, does the Svirfneblin know that? Maybe he grew up with insanely overprotective parents that warned him that if he ever went out into the sun he'd catch fire and the drow would drag him screaming down into Menzoberranzan, torture him for fun and then feed him to their giant spiders. So, he built his first smoke bombs and experimented with them, discovered he didn't catch fire while under their cover and decided that was science enough for him.

Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
    see317 wrote: »

Well, sure, you know that, and (now) we know that.
    But, does the Svirfneblin know that? Maybe he grew up with insanely overprotective parents that warned him that if he ever went out into the sun he'd catch fire and the drow would drag him screaming down into Menzoberranzan, torture him for fun and then feed him to their giant spiders. So, he built his first smoke bombs and experimented with them, discovered he didn't catch fire while under their cover and decided that was science enough for him.

Sounds reasonable enough.

One of his Artificer magic items would be a Tinfoil Helm that grants resistance to Psionic damage and advantage on saves vs. Enchantment spells, in that case.

TUMBLR: canstthoudrawoutleviathan.tumblr.com (mostly tabletop RPG anecdotes & art)
    TWITTER: @DesertLeviathan, PSN: LeviathanAscends, 3DS FRIEND CODE: 1590-4800-2407
    0c9YdeS.png
  • DubhDubh Suggests Bastet EgyptRegistered User regular
    edited July 11
    kobold's got that sunlight sensitivity

Dubh on
    Psn: Doobhbutt
    Steam: Doobh
    I'm all Jojo'd up and ready for the session, tonight.

Rainfall
  • RainfallRainfall If you do not repay me, I will RECLAIM the ball.Registered User regular
    Heck yeah! Return to Hemlock Bay for blackmail and etc?

UlfreBY.png
    Seems like a good time for a Beach Episode. Tusk's gonna go school some teens at volleyball. Maybe have Angus back him up. Just the two of them standing right next to the net, looking over the top of it, with their giant hands in the air providing an impenetrable screen.

0c9YdeS.png
    let Auraj fight and eat jaws

• RainfallRainfall If you do not repay me, I will RECLAIM the ball.Registered User regular
    Dubh wrote: »
    let Auraj fight and eat jaws

I had an ongoing thing in my Planescape game where I'd schedule a combat against Giant Sharks and then promptly remember how insanely fucking murderous they are and bump them down to Hunter sharks. Happened what, 3/4 times?

Like the time I made an encounter with 4 Ropers.

UlfreBY.png
  • iguanacusiguanacus Desert PlanetRegistered User regular
    Seems like a good time for a Beach Episode. Tusk's gonna go school some teens at volleyball. Maybe have Angus back him up. Just the two of them standing right next to the net, looking over the top of it, with their giant hands in the air providing an impenetrable screen.

latest?cb=20120316050535

except one is a half orc and the other is all blue

I dunno, I take you seriously on some topics and dick rider is your profession
    The Hanged Man
    @godmode, you showing up today?

UlfreBY.png
  • godmodegodmode Nooo-ooo-ooo... That ain't dancin', SallyRegistered User regular
    Hey friends, I'm really sorry but I have a big certification test at 8:00AM tomorrow...like I have to pass this test and one more before August 27th so I don't get fired. So I'm going to try real hard to rejoin you all next week but tonight I'm just a tiny bit too busy.

Rainfall
    Sounds good! Next Week: The party takes a trip with Captain Drake Rackstorm to run away from a demon-summoning dwarf who probably wants to super kill them!

UlfreBY.png
    this only happened because Auraj wasn't around

• MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    there was no way to know that the ledger was protected by a demon. none.

Melding wrote: »
    there was no way to know that the ledger was protected by a demon. none.

Secret demons

UlfreBY.png
    hahaha oh shit, that's great

Rainfall
    I forgot if we were doing a thing today or not

Dubh wrote: »
    I forgot if we were doing a thing today or not

We are indeed!

UlfreBY.png
    iguanacusDubh
123457»