As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

1939495969799»

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    yeah but that's arthas in-game not bolvar

bolvar's busy being unplayable

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    anyway, so is the deathrattle: get a random deathrattle the most hearthstone.txt card or what

"well we've got a theme for the next expansion, so we made The Hearthstone Card for it"

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    BreakfastPMBreakfastPM Registered User regular
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    i missed the whole thing is there a liveblog or recap somewhere

For future reference, on twitch, VODs are created as the live stream happens so you can just click on the "Videos" tab on the channel, pick the first one and start watching from the beginning. It'll even get longer as the live stream goes on so you don't have to refresh.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I eagerly await down-bringer, which is just undertaker but it's a 2 mana 2/3.

• Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    edited July 2017
    Everyone with a spiritsinger umbra is licking their lips.

darunia106 on
    pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    umbra has always been a busted-ass card and there simply wasn't ruthless enough support for it yet

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    I'm still kinda leery that Umbra will be good. Comboing with a four mana card is... expensive. Like even with Brann it could get awkward.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    I'm still kinda leery that Umbra will be good. Comboing with a four mana card is... expensive. Like even with Brann it could get awkward.

the mana cost is the one thing that can possibly hold umbra back, but the right deathrattles will still bust it

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular

the mana cost is the one thing that can possibly hold umbra back, but the right deathrattles will still bust it

Like, what's the "right" deathrattle? Twilight Summoner and Kindly Grandmother are right there if you just wanna slam out stats. Sylv gets you two-shot mind controls, but random, takes two cards and ten mana, so that's not even worth it. I don't even think a deathrattle: heal 8 to your hero would work because that's too much work for on-demand healing (assuming that minion costs like 3+ mana, I can't imagine that effect on a 1 or 2 drop).

Mad Scientist is probably the best thing with Umbra, and that's because Mad Scientist was already insanely broken. Maybe Deathrattle: Draw/Burgle/Thoughtsteal 2 cards, likely on an egg-style card.

Actually I guess Umbra + Crystalline Oracle is pretty decent already, but only really because Oracle is 1 mana.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    Went and took screen caps of the cards in the Blizzard Logo flicker leading into the main video from the reveal.

rEogX4j.jpg

Yes, that does appear to be a bear with a shark head.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    Interesting that the warrior quest will be unable to coexist with the hero card.

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    I like the theme, Lich King stuff was always a big favorite of mine.

Hero cards sound cool, I hope they're all rad, but after the results of Quest cards I'm keeping my expectations pretty low.

Here's hoping Team 5 learned their deathrattle lesson with Naxxramas.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    CarthageCarthage Registered User regular
    Shallow Gravedigger will be a great pick in Arena and may be good enough for Constructed. Prince Keleseth looks like he'll be dusted a lot.

Love the theme though. I'm really glad Hearthstone isn't trying too hard for lore continuity between sets, that builds baggage way too fast.

• Options
    Prince Keleseth will probably have a place in the right hunter deck, they have the ability to say fuck 2 drops run more 1 drops

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    i missed the whole thing is there a liveblog or recap somewhere

For future reference, on twitch, VODs are created as the live stream happens so you can just click on the "Videos" tab on the channel, pick the first one and start watching from the beginning. It'll even get longer as the live stream goes on so you don't have to refresh.

Ty I was working under the false assumption that the broadcast had to end

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    CarthageCarthage Registered User regular
    Prince Keleseth will probably have a place in the right hunter deck, they have the ability to say fuck 2 drops run more 1 drops

That's a good idea, wonder if the rest of Hunter will support it. Card review thread on r/competitiveHS has convinced me dead Rexxar is way too expensive to see constructed play, which is a shame as the hero power sounds like a lot of (high mana) fun.

• Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    You'll notice there wasn't a song to go with the cinematic... again.

So once more there's a petition to have Ben Brode make it right, and it's already on the front page of /r/all in just over an hour.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Went and took screen caps of the cards in the Blizzard Logo flicker leading into the main video from the reveal.

rEogX4j.jpg

All I can hear is Dwayne Johnson's voice for Maui saying, "Sharkhead".

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    lol a DC during the Hearthstone global games screwed a player who was WAY ahead.

How is this allowed to happen in a LAN game?

PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    narwhalnarwhal monodon monoceros Registered User regular
    Oh hey, Blizzard finally decided they wanted to add lifelink to their card game. But it's called lifeSTEAL so they totally didn't copy magic.

Narwhal#1834
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    HS got the better name because lifelink doesn't make sense for what it is

Lifelink should be like, if it gets hit you take damage

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2017
    MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    oop nvm, i'll just post this in the new thread instead

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    I need that version of Arthas, My Son.

ASAP. So if anyone has a link... :(

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    I haven't read the 70 posts since the announcement, but let me just say that last night's reveal was crazy town and it's good to see them try bold new things.

• Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular

rEogX4j.jpg

HOW IS THIS NOT A DRUID CARD?!?!?