As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

You can ride a motorbike in the new [ZELDA] - DLC PACK 2 PAGE 36

GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM!ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
edited December 2017 in Social Entropy++

*IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT*

Breath of the Wild was released on both Wii U and Switch early March, and I finally finished it last week! There's no fucking in it as far as I can tell, but that hasn't stopped anyone from imagining there is.

Let us discuss our new favourite walking simulator. I've been spending my last couple of play sessions hunting Stone Taluses and Hinoxes! It's a lot more fun than I thought it would be when I first set out to find them all. Also, the music in this game is still really good for the most part; I've been listening to the Hyrule Castle music a whole bunch as of late.

And even though we're almost two months (EDIT: three months!) since release, let's be considerate of people who are still playing through the game and mark our spoilers accordingly!

We got some more news on both DLC packs at E3, though we didn't get much more than a title on the second pack. Also, all four champions are getting amiibos! Urbosa looks fierce (furious?)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1GakpHZFpg

Polygon did a nice little writeup about the DLC when it was initially announced.

Discuss why Nintendo won't release a Sidon amiibo here!

GreasyKidsStuff on

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular

In case you haven't heard, there's a new Zelda game out. Breath of the Wild was released on both Wii U and Switch early March, and I finally finished it last week! There's no fucking in it as far as I can tell, but that hasn't stopped anyone from imagining there is.

Let us discuss our new favourite walking simulator. I've been spending my last couple of play sessions hunting Stone Taluses and Hinoxes! It's a lot more fun than I thought it would be when I first set out to find them all. Also, the music in this game is still really good for the most part; I've been listening to the Hyrule Castle music a whole bunch as of late.

And even though we're almost two months since release, let's be considerate of people who are still playing through the game and mark our spoilers accordingly!

just wait till whats her name gets ahold of a guardian

• Options
    GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Whyyyyy are my twitter links not embedding properly

edit: Heh, "links"

GreasyKidsStuff on
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Whyyyyy are my twitter links not embedding properly

edit: Heh, "links"

I think it's a forum thing--none of them have loaded properly for me in a while.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    So, I'm admittedly an idiot, but this has been stuck in my head all day

https://youtu.be/0m9QUoW5KnY

• Options
    GatorGator An alligator in Scotland Registered User regular
    came (zing) here for erotic fanfic

am disappoint

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    all embedded things are messed up at the moment, youtube videos not loading a player in the forum page, etc.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    Gator wrote: »
    came (zing) here for erotic fanfic

am disappoint

I wrote this in a bit of a hurry

• Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    all embedded things are messed up at the moment, youtube videos not loading a player in the forum page, etc.

Look I said I was an idiot ok

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I really wish Link did the little spin-fingersnap flourish when activating Urbosa's Fury

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I also kind of miss the sheathe flourish

• Options
    edited April 2017
    One thing I've learned in my hunt for sub-bosses it that I should've taken photos of them when I first saw them, because it's a loooooot easier to use the Sheikah sensor to track them down when, you know, you have a photo.

It's also kinda tricky when you're looking for a Talus/Hinox but you aren't sure which kind, so while your sensor may not be triggering for a blue hinox, for example, you could still be getting close to a red one. Ah well.

edit: Also thanks to @SilverWind for subliminally planting the idea in my brain that I should find all of them.

GreasyKidsStuff on
  • Options
    Satanic JesusSatanic Jesus Hi, I'm Liam! with broken glassesRegistered User regular
    Was playing and enjoying it when I just got sidetracked by Bravely Default. I should get back to tracking down shrines and start looking for memories.

my backloggery 3DS: 0533-5338-5186 steam: porcelain_cow goodreads
  • Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Found some random guy in FF14.

C-dWQMeUwAAJo0n.jpg

C-dXYW0VYAApfQF.jpg

Should be friendly, right?
    His name is Ganon Dragmire.

Yukira on
  • Options
    EvilCakeEvilCake Richmond VARegistered User regular
    so swole

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    There's a Linkle running around too, but I haven't seen her lately.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    well motion controls are, as always, a pile of garbage

• Options
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Well, good to know that even an N64 demake of that main theme can still make me weirdly emotional

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    So I've logged ~140 hours in this game since release which is nuts

What's even more nuts is I'm STILL finding new stuff. I found the footrace guy today! He was right behind a small mountain I had already scaled for a korok seed!

• Options
    do you need specific strength shields to reflect guardian beams or will any boko shield do it

• Options
    Care Free BombCare Free Bomb Registered User regular
    Any shield will do and successful parries don't take away any durability

8saxds2jkfoy.png
    3DS: 2019-9671-8106 NNID: RamblinMushroom
    Twitter/Tumblr
  • Options
    The flavor text on Guardian shields points out they can reflect lasers but this seems to be meaningless? Since all shields can

• Options
    jaredburtonjaredburton Registered User regular
    It automatically reflects the little blasts from Guardian Scouts you find in shrines and elsewhere.

• Options
    Yeah you don't have to parry with the ancient shield. Pretty handy if you can't get the timing down.

• Options
    What! I swear I tried a regular block with it and still got nuked

• Options
    Hmmmmm oh wait are you talking the Guardian shields that you get from mini-guardians in the shrines or the ancient shields you get at the tech lab? The former definitely doesn't deflect automatically.

• Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    The guardin shields auto-reflect guardian scouts - they might block proper Guardian lasers if they're good enough, I think, but won't reflect.

• Options
    ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    They'll block them with no damage to you but break in the process. I don't know if other shields do this too, I've never tried.

• Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    Butler wrote: »
    They'll block them with no damage to you but break in the process. I don't know if other shields do this too, I've never tried.

They do, I think? Parrying Guardians is pretty lenient because of it - if you're too slow you just lose the shield and the shot goes flying away from the Guardian. (If you're too fast you don't lose the shield, but you get hit by the blast.)

There's probably some shields that are good enough to survive a hit, though, and maybe some that are too weak to protect you? I honestly don't know - I've been rocking 40-strength Knight Shields for a while and haven't wanted to waste my 70-strength Royal Guard shield on blocking a Guardian.

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    I really really dislike the guardian stunlock

• Options
    I got the deflect right first try on the guardian in the combat shrine, but that one was probably easier than a normal guardian. I'll have to go to the plateau and give it a try against real ones

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Because I borrowed a friend's wii U (they bought a switch) and recently returned it, I don't see myself playing it again.

But if I ever do, I kind of want to, with three hearts get a pot lid and reflect their dumb stupid laser beam back in their dumb stupid faces.

• Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
  • Options
    jaredburtonjaredburton Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    What! I swear I tried a regular block with it and still got nuked

Well, they it reflects the little pew pew pew version. When they're low on health, they pull in their arms (if they had any), and will do a charge up like their bigger brothers. If I remember right, they don't block the latter; you'd have to parry it like the others.

• Options
    Gundi wrote: »

A perfect example of how fantasy and reality are very different things and why not to misinterpret a fetish as anything beyond fantasy.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    what should I be selling to make cash? I have a couple hundred rupees worth of gems now and this guy told me he wants to buy them

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    what should I be selling to make cash? I have a couple hundred rupees worth of gems now and this guy told me he wants to buy them

I believe the items that are pretty much only good for selling will indicate as such in the item description

Some of the precious metals can pretty much be sold off always, but the majority of the stuff you pick up can be used for upgrades

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    I get most of my cash from selling food. Combine five of something into a dish, sell it for more than 5x its individual value, repeat.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    these crabs are worth 10 rupees each. I'm off to be a crab fisher, sorry zelda

• Options
    You can get a LOT of crabs just running up and down a beach. And they're pretty chill, too, so they're easy to catch.

cdci44qazyo3.gif