As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

You can ride a motorbike in the new [ZELDA] - DLC PACK 2 PAGE 36

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Andy Joe wrote: »
    Yesterday I was walking around outside, and saw a big white rock. The first thing that went through my head was "I wonder if there's a Korok under there."

I...may be playing BotW too much.

every time I see a lone sprig of golden rod on the side of a field, I am compelled to pick it or take a picture ....

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Yahaha

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    Yahaha

*drops rock on your head*

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    Geh

• Options
    McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    Yesterday I was walking around outside, and saw a big white rock. The first thing that went through my head was "I wonder if there's a Korok under there."

Funny story, last night I was working out how to plant a plush korok or a printout of one under a rock.

Since my fiancee has been getting right into BotW I'm thinking of planning a day out doing similar activites.

Call it The Legend of MsFodder - Date of the Wild.

Probably look at doing some archery, some horse riding (she most enjoys running around, taming horses and shooting stuff in game), thought about some rock climbing but she's not good with heights most of the time. Was going to track down some durians to eat (our go-to heart replacing meal) but apparently a lot of people don't like them? So may rethink that.

End the day at the beach watching the sky turn from orange to blue (date complete).

Any other suggestions?

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Oh my god that's adorable

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Durians taste like shit

• Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    Durians will stink up your house/apartment something fierce, so if you're set on trying one I recommend cutting it up outside.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    wait is this a second durian thread

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Care Free BombCare Free Bomb Registered User regular
    Durians are the most foul thing I've eaten that was theoretically edible

8saxds2jkfoy.png
    3DS: 2019-9671-8106 NNID: RamblinMushroom
    Twitter/Tumblr
  • Options
    Good to know.

Also, I'm pretty sure if we start throwing bombs at shit we'll get in trouble so that is probably out.

• Options
    ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    I remember watching Attenborough eat one on camera years ago and he thought it tasted like caramel and custard. Mind you, this was a wild durian fresh off the tree, and ripe enough that local primates were fighting each other to get at them. Cultivated ones may have less flavour.

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    my understanding was always that durians smell disgusting but taste pretty good if you can force your way past the stink, but i've never actually eaten or even encountered one in person

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    "Caramel custard" as a description of a durian is some sort of prank or perhaps David Attenborough had mistaken some caramel custard for a durian, durian smell like wet hot garbage and taste like wet hot garbage cheese, which is a thing people can like but it ain't no dang caramel custard

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Options
    Durians smell like heated up rotten trash and taste like it too, i tried one a few years ago and it made me vom

• Options
    Sounds like you had a pretty good durian

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Durians smell like eggs that have gone foul. It's a pretty distinct and not very pleasant smell, and it will linger.

They taste really sweet, and good. I'm not saying that you should go out and hunt down a durian, but if you have an opportunity to try one I would suggest going for it; the smell is not indicative of how they taste.

• Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    McFodder wrote: »

Funny story, last night I was working out how to plant a plush korok or a printout of one under a rock.

Since my fiancee has been getting right into BotW I'm thinking of planning a day out doing similar activites.

Probably look at doing some archery, some horse riding (she most enjoys running around, taming horses and shooting stuff in game), thought about some rock climbing but she's not good with heights most of the time. Was going to track down some durians to eat (our go-to heart replacing meal) but apparently a lot of people don't like them? So may rethink that.

End the day at the beach watching the sky turn from orange to blue (date complete).

Any other suggestions?

End it with watching a blood moon.

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    End it with a rousing durian vom

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Bedigunz wrote: »

Any other suggestions?

"Now we get to do this all over again!"

• Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    Im pretty dure durians are in the same category as cilantro. Tastes fine to most, but for others (due to genetic differences) tastes positively offensive

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    I hate that cilantro thing because whenever I tell people I think cilantro is gross they're like "oh you got that soap thing?" And no, I don't. Cilantro doesn't taste anything like soap to me--it's definitely its own thing. It's just gross and gets let off the hook for being gross because of some biology trivia.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    you hear, cilantro? we're on to you, and you're not getting away with it this time!

• Options
    edited September 2017
    I hear if you mash cilantro into durian goop and put it into a jar with some water and dog shit and put the jar somewhere dark it'll turn into a little dude after awhile

Hobnail on

• Options
    Hobnail wrote: »
    I hear if you mash cilantro into durian goop and put it into a jar with some water and dog shit and put the jar somewhere dark it'll turn into a little dude after awhile

Pretty sure that's how we got Danny DeVito

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    in no way was dogshit involved in the creation of danny devito, what the hell is the matter with you

• Options
    Shorty wrote: »
    in no way was dogshit involved in the creation of danny devito, what the hell is the matter with you

Listen there's a reason he can so completely embody the role of Frank Reynolds

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    I hate that cilantro thing because whenever I tell people I think cilantro is gross they're like "oh you got that soap thing?" And no, I don't. Cilantro doesn't taste anything like soap to me--it's definitely its own thing. It's just gross and gets let off the hook for being gross because of some biology trivia.

I've heard that it kind of tastes like grass clippings smell like.

I can't imagine wanting to taste that.

Not that soap is much better.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    bowen wrote: »

Y'know that's not too far off from my experience, now that you mention it.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    I replayed Phantom Hourglass, just finished it last night

It's fine, it isn't much special. The bosses are fairly inventive and make good use of the dual screens. I really want to customize my ship but there's no good way to get the parts you want without a bunch of mindless grinding. Boating around is tedious. I remembered the Ocean King Temple being not nearly as much of a problem as it was made out to be and, yeah, it's not nearly as much of a problem as it was made out to be. If you make notes on the map earlier floors are trivial and are navigated differently because of your new tools.

But it's just fine, it feels a bit scattershot in approach and doesn't really nail anything and doesn't really feel like it's trying to nail anything.

Now on to Spirit Tracks.

8saxds2jkfoy.png
    Twitter/Tumblr
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Linebeck is the best part of Phantom Hourglass.

And Spirit Tracks is one of my favorites in the whole series.

• Options
    I remember liking Linebeck but

he wasn't very good

I don't think Linebeck is actually very good, he's just kind of annoying and only sort of redeems himself

8saxds2jkfoy.png
    Twitter/Tumblr
  • Options
    I could never get to a point with phantom hourglass where the controls didn't make me want to chuck it in a bin

• Options

Makes me wonder what the people who enjoy it taste, something lemon/minty?

• Options

Makes me wonder what the people who enjoy it taste, something lemon/minty?

I mean maybe they just like the taste of grass clippings. Lord knows my dog did.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Shorty wrote: »
    I could never get to a point with phantom hourglass where the controls didn't make me want to chuck it in a bin

There's a skeleton in the Temple of the Ocean King that says "It's no fun not being able to play with the Control Pad. . . if there's one regret I had it's being so stubborn as to say that"

I'm fine with the controls but

that line seems a bit ill-conceived

8saxds2jkfoy.png
    Twitter/Tumblr
  • Options
    Bedigunz wrote: »

Any other suggestions?

Genius! Better get me some red cellophane!

• Options
    GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    I'm going to finish Vah Naboris in my master mode run tonight, and that'll wrap the divine beasts. I have the Master Sword this time around, so maybe that boss won't give me so much trouble.

I definitely think the difficulty has levelled out a bit as of the third dungeon, though I did encounter some gold bokoblins on the way into the desert... otherwise, it's not too bad. I'm having fun playing through the game without the "gotta find everything" mentality that drove me through the first playthrough. I saw a few shrines in the distance I know I could've gone for, but... I'm doing okay with the health I got, I don't need to do everything again.

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    I'm having just the opposite experience! I'm finally making my way to Vah Medoh, which will be my first divine beast, and I've got quite a few golds lumbering about. Bokos and lizalfos for now, but I suspect that moblins will show up soon... and I've already killed a few silver lynels, so I expect I will have some surprises waiting for me when I get to Hebra (which is where I'm headed after Medoh).

But then I've done over 60 shrines, too, and am actively working to get all the most important outfit pieces ready and upgraded.

Does anything feel better than fighting a Silver Lynel w/Smasher and never being intimidated enough to back off, not even from its explosion or its spin attack? I submit not. Parry it all, smack 'em in the face.

I notice that the Fierce Deity armor upgrades more like a regular armor set, using various dragon parts (instead of star pieces, like all the other amiibo armor). So it's like a different-looking Berserker set, which is cool!

Finding shrines I never saw in my first playthrough is pretty wild, especially because some of them have been near places I know I walked by before! Just nuts.

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    I'd love to play some theoretical remake of Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks that don't control like trash