How to negotiate salary after entrepreneurship? (Update: I accepted the revised offer)

2»

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Always assume bonuses and incentives won't exist, use that to negotiate. "Sorry I've been burned by bonuses being part of my compensation in the past and then somehow even with record profits and savings we still didn't meet the goal."

As for the rest you should negotiate a regular review schedule as part of your contract.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
    davidsdurionsQuiddispatch.o
  • BasarBasar IstanbulRegistered User regular
    Thanks Bowen, I sent an email explaining my concerns. Now it's time to wait, again.

i live in a country with a batshit crazy president and no, english is not my first language

BouwsT
  • BasarBasar IstanbulRegistered User regular
    Final update:

Well, they did bump the base salary slightly, so I am happy with the offer now. They'll be doing some background checks and if all goes well, I will be back on track on June 19th.

Thank you all for all the help.

Cheers.

i live in a country with a batshit crazy president and no, english is not my first language

bowenJuliusBliss 101ElvenshaezepherinCaulddavidsdurionsDark Raven XAiouatynicWassermelonekimeCarpyHandgimpschussJoe Camacho MKIIGiggles_FunsworthNightDragonDevoutlyApatheticTemporal ParadoxArbitraryDescriptorSmrtnikfirewaterwordRchanenLaOsBouwsTLailL Ron Howardkilroydos