As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Kneel before [chat]

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    TL DR wrote: »
    Atomika wrote: »
    I was not ready for the complexity of the pot game in legalized states

I'm at the same "One weed, please" phase of potsmanship I was in during college

The dispensaries are nice! Usually a punky cutie pie will guide you through the process

And then you pay for your drugs! You pay taxes on them! It's great!

So, I really hate being Sold To. Buying a car is awful, and anything similar where a person is trying to spin or otherwise manipulate a business transaction puts me in full-on 'this is an adversarial interaction and I'm not here to make friends' mode

For some reason, encountering that at a dispensary (the place in Boulder trying to upsell some not-great Fruity Pebbles) triggered me in a way that dealing with honest-to-goodness drug dealers does not.

Like, this is supposed to be a respectable retail transaction! You have the labeled jars and the counter and everything, now don't show me that middle-tier garbo and tell me it's top-shelf!

I mean the illegal dealer just presents the illusion of choice (probably just got a huge block of weed in the mail and they divide them up into little bags of "different" weed)

I mean often they're getting it from people smuggling it out of legal states or Canada or California, so depending on who you get, you might actually be getting choices from an illegal dealer. It's not all mexican ditch weed.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Glengarry question:

Is Ricky Romo a bad guy, or just one that embraces means of being successful? Are they exclusive conditions?

He's a bad guy, he's dishonest and just a shit person, working against peoples interests to get what he benefits from. Everyone in that office is bad.

Romo isn't unscrupulous within the mission of his job though, and everyone who fails to meet his level fails in their job.

So is he bad? Or just competent in a shitty industry?

He's playing Johnathon Price's character in the movie, telling him shit he wants to hear to get him to spend beyond his means and agree to it. And when he's discovered he tried to lie his way until the bank accepted his paperwork and there was nothing he could do.

Romo is a bad guy.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    Everything about retail is awful

Nobody involved is ever having a good time, it's basically an engine of human suffering

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    you do get some pretentious ass budtenders tho

when i went in the other day to get some flower i always ask them if they have any personal preferences

the guy said "well i don't really smoke to get high anymore, i just like the taste'

The parallels with baristas in terms of ranges in personality, level of expertise, etc are basically 1:1

• Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    as a grocery store employee,

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Yeah costco locks me out of some of the options I want, what a shame, that'd work out swell if I never had to deal with a dealer.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »
    Six wrote: »
    zepherin wrote: »
    Also apparently 7pm is the absolute worst time to go to a pub. There's no one here at all. Did we lose a war?
    Yes?

Is it 7pm where you are at?

How is 7 a bad time to be out drinking?

According to my friendly barkeep, it's partly because it's Tuesday. Everyone goes out on Monday because it's he first day back from work and then is too banged out on Tuesday. Makes sense.

Also it's sunny out and apparently the Irish prefer to be outside to get cancer.
    You're in Ireland?

Lucky you. I thought you were in Jersey. Go visit @Tav, and take your shirt off while taking a shit at his house.

He will appreciate it.

I am for the night. I would have met up with Tav if I had either more time in Cork or if I had time to make it to Dublin, but it's too quick a trip this time. I owe him a pint at least.

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    (i'm still not convinced that the qualities of high you can get from various strains are anything more than people being primed by descriptions)

((indica/sativa maybe))

(((we really should make this stuff fully legal so people can study it I mean really)))

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    I just saw an androgynous person in a topknot walk by

I think the topknot is too out there for a modern haircut

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular

The dispensaries are nice! Usually a punky cutie pie will guide you through the process

So, I really hate being Sold To. Buying a car is awful, and anything similar where a person is trying to spin or otherwise manipulate a business transaction puts me in full-on 'this is an adversarial interaction and I'm not here to make friends' mode

For some reason, encountering that at a dispensary (the place in Boulder trying to upsell some not-great Fruity Pebbles) triggered me in a way that dealing with honest-to-goodness drug dealers does not.

Like, this is supposed to be a respectable retail transaction! You have the labeled jars and the counter and everything, now don't show me that middle-tier garbo and tell me it's top-shelf!

I mean the illegal dealer just presents the illusion of choice (probably just got a huge block of weed in the mail and they divide them up into little bags of "different" weed)

'when Sketchy Kyle shows you two bags of the same weed and tries to tell you that they're two different strains'
    obama-246x300.png

• Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    Yeah costco locks me out of some of the options I want, what a shame, that'd work out swell if I never had to deal with a dealer.

Buying through Costco makes sense when they have what you want, but there's little flexibility.

Like buying anything else from Costco. If it's what you want, you're getting a great deal.

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    my friendly local dispensary doesn't do a bunch of Glengarry Glenn Ross sales shenanigans

that would be weird

i go in for the thing i like

they go okay here you go

it's a transaction from an establishment that sells products

• Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular

when i went in the other day to get some flower i always ask them if they have any personal preferences

the guy said "well i don't really smoke to get high anymore, i just like the taste'

The parallels with baristas in terms of ranges in personality, level of expertise, etc are basically 1:1

I mean my preference would be for them to be the same person, but no one's cool enough for that so somehow we don't have the best possible business practice

• Options
    Air reload? Hella cool.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    CostCo would be the best the pot dispensary because they already sell stuff like beans and rice and the like

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    These suffering weed customers

Whom can they trust ;_;

• Options
    Sleep wrote: »

I mean my preference would be for them to be the same person, but no one's cool enough for that so somehow we don't have the best possible business practice

Quick, think up a punny name for Starbucks and we will begin selling Cannacoffee. Get your grounds roasted and baked! Chai High!

• Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »

Man-bun looks dumb. Like it could be redeemed as a top knot if they put effort into cleaning it up.

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »

I mean often they're getting it from people smuggling it out of legal states or Canada or California, so depending on who you get, you might actually be getting choices from an illegal dealer. It's not all mexican ditch weed.
    It also depends on the dealer, most dealers have a type of strain they are offering and a price for quantities of that strain.

Some of the more boutique dealers will have some sealed jars and their growers will grow a few strains at a time.
    ...not that I know...or have ever committed any drug related crimes.

<_<
    >_>

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular

a topknot meaning, shaved on the sides, bun on the head? or something more extreme, like mostly shaved on top too except for the bun?
    The former seems good, the latter is for artists only

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options

Nobody is smuggling weed into the US any more, and in fact they're starting to find American high-grade headed south for consumption by affluent Mexican customers.

The last time I bought weed from A Guy, he had 3 different batches and the Leafly pages for each strain up for my perusal. He offered one of those illuminated desk magnifying glasses and I was able to try before buying, all while sitting in a recliner and listening to curated jazz.

It's about the experience as much as anything else.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »

a topknot meaning, shaved on the sides, bun on the head? or something more extreme, like mostly shaved on top too except for the bun?

you mean samurai.

• Options
    Air reload? Hella cool.

I can't tell if you're messing with me or not.

The SE++ thread seems mixed. It could be neat, but it's not quite the supernatural finger reflexes from the books.

Then again (Dark tower)
    In the movie he appears to have all his fingers.

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    edited May 2017

Quick, think up a punny name for Starbucks and we will begin selling Cannacoffee. Get your grounds roasted and baked! Chai High!

My favorite coffee/pastry shop is called A Baked Joint, and its sister store is named Baked and Wired
    it is not, as far as I can tell, a dispensary, but presumably from the name if I wanted to ask about buying weed I'd have good luck, although who even knows

credeiki on
    Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »

Buying through Costco makes sense when they have what you want, but there's little flexibility.

Like buying anything else from Costco. If it's what you want, you're getting a great deal.

I did find the one I was looking for after digging around.

It's almost $5000 more expensive than if I custom ordered with the dealer, paid straight up sticker, and got negative value on my trade in.

Like I could stroll in and make all the worst decisions while buying it and still pay less.

The fuck?

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    navgoose wrote: »

Man-bun looks dumb. Like it could be redeemed as a top knot if they put effort into cleaning it up.

This was a straight-up topknot - completely shorn sides, hair tied double up like a samurai film

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    i never run into any like sales shenanigans

it's just like

here's this flavor, an 8th costs this, a gram costs this

here's some specials, here's some edibles

that's about it

most places just have a physical menu you can look at

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    The baby puff of weed I had the other day was enough to get me juuust stoned enough to remind me that weed just doesn't do anything for me.

I'm stuck with the sober life I guess :(

• Options

The greatest tragedy here is zoning restrictions preventing me from opening a boutique cannabis tea house with traditional Japanese aesthetics and a room to consume each in relative silence, with only the occasional cough and the sound of gently running water to accentuate one's experience.

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jDuGUdgT7U

Roland that's not how you reload a gun

I can't decide if I think this is cool or not

Help

There's a door though! And some sort of Waste Land?

Going with not cool. It isn't even a good flourish.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    Air reload? Hella cool.

I can't tell if you're messing with me or not.

The SE++ thread seems mixed. It could be neat, but it's not quite the supernatural finger reflexes from the books.

Then again (Dark tower)
    In the movie he appears to have all his fingers.

It looks sweet man, and it never made sense in the books he reloaded fast. Being able to toss bullets in the air and have his revolvers catch them is very cool visually.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    Pony wrote: »
    my friendly local dispensary doesn't do a bunch of Glengarry Glenn Ross sales shenanigans

that would be weird

i go in for the thing i like

they go okay here you go

it's a transaction from an establishment that sells products
    two years ago in washington we went to a super professional place that was really helpful and weren't doing any weird upselling
    this past christmas we went to a different one that was just the highest dude ever watching billy madison who was only upselling us in the sense that he kept getting distracted by different things and telling us how great it was because it was the thing he was looking at in that very second

dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular

Nobody is smuggling weed into the US any more, and in fact they're starting to find American high-grade headed south for consumption by affluent Mexican customers.

The last time I bought weed from A Guy, he had 3 different batches and the Leafly pages for each strain up for my perusal. He offered one of those illuminated desk magnifying glasses and I was able to try before buying, all while sitting in a recliner and listening to curated jazz.

Man, I don't smoke, but that would be a great way to get me to start...

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »

you mean samurai.

katsumotodeathscene.jpg

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular

I admit this beats the supermarket tires barista vine of most stores

• Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    Cool. Maybe they can stop crime with hidden katana.

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    edited May 2017

Nah, baristas are still worse

Is there anything worse than a barista taking 30 seconds to draw an elaborate flower in foam in your drink... and then immediately slapping a plastic lid over it?

It's just them servicing their own pretension, and half the time they still can't make a decent drink.

Kana on
    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jDuGUdgT7U

Roland that's not how you reload a gun

I can't decide if I think this is cool or not

Help

There's a door though! And some sort of Waste Land?

Going with not cool. It isn't even a good flourish.

Yeah that is disheartening Last Action Hero level bad flourish.

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Glengarry question:

Is Ricky Romo a bad guy, or just one that embraces means of being successful? Are they exclusive conditions?

He's a bad guy, he's dishonest and just a shit person, working against peoples interests to get what he benefits from. Everyone in that office is bad.

Romo isn't unscrupulous within the mission of his job though, and everyone who fails to meet his level fails in their job.

So is he bad? Or just competent in a shitty industry?

He's playing Johnathon Price's character in the movie, telling him shit he wants to hear to get him to spend beyond his means and agree to it. And when he's discovered he tried to lie his way until the bank accepted his paperwork and there was nothing he could do.

Romo is a bad guy.

I read this chain halfway through and wondered how I had missed a movie starring Tony Romo.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    i have low expectations for the dark tower film

This discussion has been closed.