Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Prey] Mooncrash DLC out now!

2456722

Posts

  • SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    I guess I could check the named Phantoms lifesigns at a security booth.

    Anyone found the code for the first Security Booth, the one before the lobby? I know its possible to hack, but I'm curious about the code itself.

    Sirialis on
  • BeezelBeezel Keep your eye on the ballRegistered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Sirialis wrote: »
    I guess I could check the named Phantoms lifesigns at a security booth.

    Anyone found the code for the first Security Booth, the one before the lobby? I know its possible to hack, but I'm curious about the code itself.

    Edit: wait nm, I didn't realize you meant that first, first one.

    Beezel on
    PSN: Waybackkidd
  • klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Played up to my office, and I'm liking it.
    It's weird (especially ,since SS2 was my first experience with this genre), but my first thought of this was 'It's Bioshock in space!'.
    This after Bioshock had me calling it 'System Shock underwater'
    So logically, this is System Shock underwater in space. Just how my mind works, I guess.

    Question about the first area:
    There's a safe near to your 'apartment', with the code wiped off the whiteboard in the room.
    Can I find that code anywhere, or do I need to hack it once I've got some leet skillz?
    I think I've covered the area pretty well, haven't found anything about it.

    Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
  • klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Fairchild wrote: »
    Watch the video in your apartment very carefully.
    Damn, I didn't even notice that.
    That's pretty awesome.

    klemming on
    Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
    SyphonBlue
  • FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    glimmung wrote: »
    The hacking game is designed for analog control. I use my 360 controller during a hack and then switch back to M+K. Seems like kind of a crap decision on the devs part.

    Not a big fan of the hacking subgame, either. You can do it with WASD, but not easily. Requires a lot of Save/Reload to get hacking mazes that are do-able with the keyboard.

  • FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    Noob tip-- you start the game with a Flashlight. The default PC key is V. Wish I had known this at the start of the game...

  • EchoEcho Moderator mod
    So I impulse-bought this and I'm 5-6 hours into it and I'm giving it three enthusiastic thumbs WAIT WHOSE THUMB IS THAT

    Echo wrote: »
    Let they who have not posted about their balls in the wrong thread cast the first stone.
    ShadowhopeZilla360AegisSyngynevegeta_666RchanenBig ClassybloodyroarxxBeyond NormalringswraithhtmVladimerjoshofalltrades
  • MelksterMelkster Registered User regular
    So, uh, that opening... As someone who lives in the SF bay area, it was fun to try and figure out exactly what had happened to make the game fit the real world.

    You're in the middle of what looks to be a futuristic SOMA or downtown, but it's super close to the GG bridge... So maybe in the future they decided to pave over the Presidio and build something there?

    Except there's a gigantic mountain south-east of the bridge. So I guess sometime between now and 2032, a volcano erupts somewhere near the Richmond?

    Hmm.

  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Fairchild wrote: »
    Noob tip-- you start the game with a Flashlight. The default PC key is V. Wish I had known this at the start of the game...

    i got a pop up telling me about it right at the start

    Skull2185SirialisPixelated PixieStilts
  • EchoEcho Moderator mod
    I'm really enjoying all the sequence-breaking you can do if you get a bit creative.

    Echo wrote: »
    Let they who have not posted about their balls in the wrong thread cast the first stone.
    Zilla360HermanoAegisvegeta_666Stilts
  • MelksterMelkster Registered User regular
    Melkster wrote: »
    So, uh, that opening... As someone who lives in the SF bay area, it was fun to try and figure out exactly what had happened to make the game fit the real world.

    You're in the middle of what looks to be a futuristic SOMA or downtown, but it's super close to the GG bridge... So maybe in the future they decided to pave over the Presidio and build something there?

    Except there's a gigantic mountain south-east of the bridge. So I guess sometime between now and 2032, a volcano erupts somewhere near the Richmond?

    Hmm.

    Oh. Hahaha. This game is great.
    I see that my apartment was a fake! Maybe this is set WAY in the future, after they've forgotten what San Francisco even looks like??

  • Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    So the Psychowhatsit Morgue, is there another way in there?
    The only keycard is apparently locked in there, but an operator comes and goes from the morgue every half hour that I could follow in. It's 12:15 in my game and time appears to pass normally. I don't want to have to stand here for 15 minutes waiting for it to show up...

    Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    So the Psychowhatsit Morgue, is there another way in there?
    The only keycard is apparently locked in there, but an operator comes and goes from the morgue every half hour that I could follow in. It's 12:15 in my game and time appears to pass normally. I don't want to have to stand here for 15 minutes waiting for it to show up...
    you have a choice: use alien powers you get later or use the best weapon in the game you should already have

    Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    ... I made a fucking Crossbow that shoots foam darts.

    Beyond stating "mainly used to annoy coworkers" there was some interesting tidbits about it in its info though.
    Can activate buttons and screens at a distance.

    I desperately need a safe that you can access from different places, like the ones from Dead Space, I'm a pack rat.

    Sirialis on
    klemming
  • PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    Sirialis wrote: »
    ... I made a fucking Crossbow that shoots foam darts.

    Beyond stating "mainly used to annoy coworkers" there was some interesting tidbits about it in its info though.
    Can activate buttons and screens at a distance.

    I desperately need a safe that you can access from different places, like the ones from Dead Space, I'm a pack rat.

    Unlike dead space, this is an open world game, so you should probably just leave stuff around to have something to do when you backtrack

    Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound Registered User regular
    edited May 2017

    Zxerol wrote: »
    They put in the appropriate passcode to your office, so this is a promising start.

    I jammed that code into every lock I found until it worked.

    Frei on
    Are you the magic man?
    Zxerolklemming
  • ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

    My only complaint about the game so far is that the protagonist is a mute. I hate mute protagonists, it takes me right out of the game. Or in the case of Morgan,
    I spent the first hour or so thinking that Morgan was one of the aliens, who just thought that she was Morgan, and hadn't gotten far enough along on the path to humanity to be able to speak yet.

    Of course, if it turns out that I was initially right, that's some sweet no-prize dumb logic working.

    Dinosaurs were made up by the CIA to discourage time travel.
  • ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    So the Trauma center optional objective is butts I'm playing on normal
    Hello Bright red glowy phantom that shoots fire how nice of you to almost one shot m-never mind a second regular phantom lurking in the same area finished me off think i'll save this place for later

  • klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Zunde wrote: »
    So the Trauma center optional objective is butts I'm playing on normal
    Hello Bright red glowy phantom that shoots fire how nice of you to almost one shot m-never mind a second regular phantom lurking in the same area finished me off think i'll save this place for later
    You can have a shotgun by then, and I carried a turret up there to give me a hand.
    Plus, there're a lot of explosive canisters around there.
    Also, don't be afraid to just open the quick menu and spam healing items.
    In the end, I gloo'd and blasted it to death while it spent its attention on the turret. I still got torn a structurally superfluous opening, but fortunately, there's a medic operator right there.

    I'm having trouble with something in an optional part of an earlier area:
    I got the repair skill, so I went back to see what the broken thing in the first area was. Turns out it was the magic elevator, so I had some new areas to look around oh wait that's a giant hostile robot I'm dead.
    Friendly turrets don't seem to see enemy bots as targets, so that killed my Plan A. I tried just whittling it down,
    but I couldn't do it, so it's on my 'to kill when I get an awesome anti-robot gun' list.

    Little environment tip I wish I'd figured out sooner:
    The gloo gun can seal leaking pipes, and put out ground fires. Which makes total sense, I'm just used to voices telling me that I can do cool shit like that.

    Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Paladin wrote: »
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    So the Psychowhatsit Morgue, is there another way in there?
    The only keycard is apparently locked in there, but an operator comes and goes from the morgue every half hour that I could follow in. It's 12:15 in my game and time appears to pass normally. I don't want to have to stand here for 15 minutes waiting for it to show up...
    you have a choice: use alien powers you get later or use the best weapon in the game you should already have

    Ohhh... I assumed you meant the wrench, and just spent a chunk of time trying to figure out how to get in there with it.
    I just discovered that you meant the mostly worthless nerf crossbow...

    Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • glimmungglimmung Registered User regular
    So I basically like all of the weapons aside from the disrupter, and even that has its place.

  • Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    I should probably invest some neuromods into the weapon upgrade tree. Right now I kinda hate every weapon because they feel too weak. The wrench is dependable but hardly ideal. Just did a side objective to fix the main elevator and now I have no ammo for anything...

    Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    I should probably invest some neuromods into the weapon upgrade tree. Right now I kinda hate every weapon because they feel too weak. The wrench is dependable but hardly ideal. Just did a side objective to fix the main elevator and now I have no ammo for anything...

    I hate the glue gun because I can point it right at a mimic hiding, and the shot does nothing.

    Dinosaurs were made up by the CIA to discourage time travel.
  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    Shadowhope wrote: »
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    I should probably invest some neuromods into the weapon upgrade tree. Right now I kinda hate every weapon because they feel too weak. The wrench is dependable but hardly ideal. Just did a side objective to fix the main elevator and now I have no ammo for anything...

    I hate the glue gun because I can point it right at a mimic hiding, and the shot does nothing.

    In the demo at least, it felt like maybe every third gloo gun shot had enemy hit detection and the others would just fly straight through into the scenery. It was very frustrating.

    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

    They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
    ShadowhopeRchanen
  • ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    Somebody has already discovered how to dupe materials wonder how long it's going to be before that gets fixed.

    I made a new file separate from my current one and got like 20,000 of each material i figure a save file like that would be pretty fun to load up now and then but for now i'll stick to playing normally

    If anyone's interested how
    Just stick a material in a recycle station and split it into 9 stacks and recycle it that's it

  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Prey is amazing.

    oxblowEchoHermanoZilla360
  • EchoEcho Moderator mod
    Ack, a branch in the story! Things named after months:
    Got a call from December to meet it, but when I do January shows up and kills December. So I loaded, killed January, and now December lives. Need to decide if this actually matters.

    Echo wrote: »
    Let they who have not posted about their balls in the wrong thread cast the first stone.
    glimmung
  • FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    I accidentally recycled myself and there's an achievement for it. Great.


    I love these grenades though, they let you get into rooms that would otherwise require leverage. After them I guess the only thing you'd need leverage for is forcing open certain doors.

    Frei on
    Are you the magic man?
  • klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    I saw that achievement, and I was wondering how to stick myself in a recycler.
    Then I wondered if I was going to find out that I was a clone or something, and I could recycle the original me, which would just be a little morbid just for an achievement (I'd still have done it, though. I jumped into a helicopter blades for this already).
    It sounds like there's a grenade or something that does the job that I haven't found yet? That makes more sense.

    klemming on
    Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound Registered User regular
    klemming wrote: »
    I saw that achievement, and I was wondering how to stick myself in a recycler.
    Then I wondered if I was going to find out that I was a clone or something, and I could recycle the original me, which would just be a little morbid just for an achievement (I'd still have done it, though. I jumped into a helicopter blades for this already).
    It sounds like there's a grenade or something that does the job that I haven't found yet? That makes more sense.

    There's a grenade, yeah, that recycles everything in its radious. Objects, aliens, whatever. There's also more stuff but it's spoily so you can discover it later!

    Are you the magic man?
  • FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound Registered User regular
    also, despite how tense the game is, it's just funny in a lot of ways. very light spoilers, but whatever:
    A couple hours in, you can find a spot where someone made a "snow man" using the gloo gun and various other items. You can check emails around there and see they were kind of having a contest about it. Other than being funny, it adds a lot of humanity to the game.

    Also, I came across a mind controlled human and just gave him a shock to knock him out and locked him in a room. Can I do something with him later?

    Are you the magic man?
    glimmung
  • PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    Frei wrote: »
    I accidentally recycled myself and there's an achievement for it. Great.


    I love these grenades though, they let you get into rooms that would otherwise require leverage. After them I guess the only thing you'd need leverage for is forcing open certain doors.

    AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH

    Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    klemming wrote: »
    Zunde wrote: »
    So the Trauma center optional objective is butts I'm playing on normal
    Hello Bright red glowy phantom that shoots fire how nice of you to almost one shot m-never mind a second regular phantom lurking in the same area finished me off think i'll save this place for later
    You can have a shotgun by then, and I carried a turret up there to give me a hand.
    Plus, there're a lot of explosive canisters around there.
    Also, don't be afraid to just open the quick menu and spam healing items.
    In the end, I gloo'd and blasted it to death while it spent its attention on the turret. I still got torn a structurally superfluous opening, but fortunately, there's a medic operator right there.

    I'm having trouble with something in an optional part of an earlier area:
    I got the repair skill, so I went back to see what the broken thing in the first area was. Turns out it was the magic elevator, so I had some new areas to look around oh wait that's a giant hostile robot I'm dead.
    Friendly turrets don't seem to see enemy bots as targets, so that killed my Plan A. I tried just whittling it down,
    but I couldn't do it, so it's on my 'to kill when I get an awesome anti-robot gun' list.

    Little environment tip I wish I'd figured out sooner:
    The gloo gun can seal leaking pipes, and put out ground fires. Which makes total sense, I'm just used to voices telling me that I can do cool shit like that.

    Strategy tips for that thing:
    it's called a technopath, and it does pack a wallop. What I did was enter the second floor from the large area right next to the lobby exit using the goo gun. There is a door you can open with a keycode you can get from one of the offices near morgan's, plus a phantom I blew away.

    After turning on the power, I happened to find some sort of stun gun and ammo. Then I found a back entrance to the second story where the Technopath is, in a room with a pointlessly blocked door cause it has windows. The stun gun actually packs a major punch against him and stuns him for a bit, plus he can't actually chase me into that room. I played peekaboo shoot you until he was almost dead; cost me about 2 medkits

    Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Paladin wrote: »
    klemming wrote: »
    Zunde wrote: »
    So the Trauma center optional objective is butts I'm playing on normal
    Hello Bright red glowy phantom that shoots fire how nice of you to almost one shot m-never mind a second regular phantom lurking in the same area finished me off think i'll save this place for later
    You can have a shotgun by then, and I carried a turret up there to give me a hand.
    Plus, there're a lot of explosive canisters around there.
    Also, don't be afraid to just open the quick menu and spam healing items.
    In the end, I gloo'd and blasted it to death while it spent its attention on the turret. I still got torn a structurally superfluous opening, but fortunately, there's a medic operator right there.

    I'm having trouble with something in an optional part of an earlier area:
    I got the repair skill, so I went back to see what the broken thing in the first area was. Turns out it was the magic elevator, so I had some new areas to look around oh wait that's a giant hostile robot I'm dead.
    Friendly turrets don't seem to see enemy bots as targets, so that killed my Plan A. I tried just whittling it down,
    but I couldn't do it, so it's on my 'to kill when I get an awesome anti-robot gun' list.

    Little environment tip I wish I'd figured out sooner:
    The gloo gun can seal leaking pipes, and put out ground fires. Which makes total sense, I'm just used to voices telling me that I can do cool shit like that.

    Strategy tips for that thing:
    it's called a technopath, and it does pack a wallop. What I did was enter the second floor from the large area right next to the lobby exit using the goo gun. There is a door you can open with a keycode you can get from one of the offices near morgan's, plus a phantom I blew away.

    After turning on the power, I happened to find some sort of stun gun and ammo. Then I found a back entrance to the second story where the Technopath is, in a room with a pointlessly blocked door cause it has windows. The stun gun actually packs a major punch against him and stuns him for a bit, plus he can't actually chase me into that room. I played peekaboo shoot you until he was almost dead; cost me about 2 medkits
    The Typhon Kobold flying Turret converter asshole?

    I just ran in circles and shotgunned him, didnt take damage since those spark things couldnt keep up... But if I've known he didnt like the Stun Gun, I'd probably have used that instead, I actually got up and grabbed the Stun Gun before going to Talos Lobby, Gloo Gun is great for sequence breaking something like that, it only took 1 Gloo shot even.

    I guessed my way to the (Talos Lobby) Security Booth Safe code.
    There is a book nearby with some 3 digit numbers, put a zero first and thats it.

    Sirialis on
  • EchoEcho Moderator mod
    Man, this game gets better and better.

    Echo wrote: »
    Let they who have not posted about their balls in the wrong thread cast the first stone.
  • SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    I've kind of neglected the main story and just explored.

    How do you get Dismantle?


    Edit: Oh, its a Neuromod skill.

    Sirialis on
  • BeezelBeezel Keep your eye on the ballRegistered User regular
    before I reached the main lobby and got to the place where you get the first neuro mod and I found my way onto the second floor and
    Volunteer's center. Open the door and it's pitch black with no light switch. Noped out so fast.

    PSN: Waybackkidd
    YerMum
  • klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    So hey, you can tag enemies if you Zoom in on them (R3 with controllers, no idea what the KBAM control is).
    I consider this to be Useful Information when trying to get a sneak attack on the larger enemies.

    Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Yeah, OK, I saw something about "the ability to sprint with ludicrous speed and to jump incredibly high", so I guess I'll check it out.

Sign In or Register to comment.