As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

A thread to quarantine our [youtube] posting

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    https://youtu.be/7pOoSe2K5DU

I believe his last lines translate to "I must go save my friend, Sting."

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Oh my god this is the YouTube thread, let's just blow something up already.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCQ5FvCTpHw

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    This shack tac and beagle news makes me sad. I was planning on buying Arma 3 on the next sale and applying to them, along with some more likely to get into groups.

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    turtleant wrote: »
    Dedwrekka wrote: »
    I lost what little faith I had in FC5 when folks coming out of E3 were talking about how one-note and badly written the major friendly NPCs are.

It's going to handle it's subject matter with all the tact of a dump truck and 90% of the player base won't give a single shit. And it'll probably be fun to play! The villains will probably be mustache-twirling evil and no useful message will be able to be taken from it, but certain people at either end of the political spectrum will try to anyway.

Also some alt-right jackasses will probably send some death threats or DDOS something.

Also there will be like at least four drug trip bits, I guarantee.

So, typical Far Cry then. But now it's white people.

Basically!

It's just that since it's about the USA they don't feel the need to create some made up location to obfuscate their bull crap.
    Isn't it set in a fictional county?

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    I lost what little faith I had in FC5 when folks coming out of E3 were talking about how one-note and badly written the major friendly NPCs are.

It's going to handle it's subject matter with all the tact of a dump truck and 90% of the player base won't give a single shit. And it'll probably be fun to play! The villains will probably be mustache-twirling evil and no useful message will be able to be taken from it, but certain people at either end of the political spectrum will try to anyway.

Also some alt-right jackasses will probably send some death threats or DDOS something.

Basically!

It's just that since it's about the USA they don't feel the need to create some made up location to obfuscate their bull crap.

How many people do you think know all the counties in Montana?

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Montanan seventh graders?

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    edited July 2017

So, because people won't know it's made up, it's not made up?

Gvzbgul on
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    Learning county names was never on the curriculum for my schools (in California). At worst it was memorizing all the states and state capitals (we did not successfully memorize all the state capitals).

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    All I know is that Harrisburg is the capital of Pennsylvania, because Pennsylvania sounds like Transylvania and werewolves are hairy.

If you want the capitals of most other states and they're not [State name] City you're more or less out of luck.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    If Ubisoft, or any game developer, wanted to show some real gonad fortitude they should make a US Civil War game. Just murdering the fuck out of the South. That would definitely get peoples attention. Plus it is pretty much as cut and dry as WW2. The US on one side and the racist confederacy on the other.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    furlion wrote: »
    If Ubisoft, or any game developer, wanted to show some real gonad fortitude they should make a US Civil War game. Just murdering the fuck out of the South. That would definitely get peoples attention. Plus it is pretty much as cut and dry as WW2. The US on one side and the racist confederacy on the other.

I mean, there have been loads of Civil War games made. Unless you're talking about an Ubisoft-style FPS, in which case it might be hard to construct compelling gameplay where you need to stand still and upright for 20 seconds between shots.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular

So, because people won't know it's made up, it's not made up?

No, it just doesn't matter that it's made up, because no one is going to read past Montana.

There's a pretty big difference between fiction county and fictional island nation or central asian country.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    Athenor wrote: »
    I checked and didn't see this posted.. but.. holy shit. If they have the money to do this kind of lavish setup, I gotta imagine outfits like Markiplier and JackSepticEye are rolling in things.

I think they (as in everyone producing content out of that office) could actually be on level with mark and jack's incomes.

That's because while the Game Grumps youtube channel is much smaller, the grumps office also houses two bands with 2 and 4 albums each (with a 3rd and 5th apparently coming soonish), most of which have actually done really well, they've also been doing live tours, have several other channels operating out of that office, are producing and creating a long form animated series, and are legitimately a game studio now.

We were talking about it in the grumps thread in G&T, and essentially you really can't think of Game Grumps as just a youtube channel anymore - they're a Brand.
    They're basically along the lines of a mini rooster teeth now.

Psykoma on
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    All I know is that Harrisburg is the capital of Pennsylvania, because Pennsylvania sounds like Transylvania and werewolves are hairy.

If you want the capitals of most other states and they're not [State name] City you're more or less out of luck.

Or the states where they city they are known for isn't their capital, like Baltimore for Maryland

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I have been told by 3 different people that New York state is not the same as New York City
    The First person who told me went into great detail as to why the other two I told I know .

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular

Basically!

Heck, how many people remember on a daily basis that Montana exists. :D
    (As a Canadian , I feel no remorse for this even, as no one knows any provinces or cities up here ever)

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular

I mean, there have been loads of Civil War games made. Unless you're talking about an Ubisoft-style FPS, in which case it might be hard to construct compelling gameplay where you need to stand still and upright for 20 seconds between shots.

If they had you play as a skirmisher I'm sure it would be fun, at least if they had as much independence as skirmishers doing Napoleonic warfare did. I imagine they had more, but, the civil war isn't an area I know a ton about.

• Options
    I was born in Montana I just know the city where I was born nothing more

• Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    guess what will never be a thing you wanted more than you even knew about...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGSDHSt0ZxM

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    Yeah but are we even sure Montana is real?

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular

That's Wyoming.

• Options

It's a tax haven where the rich build silly houses

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular

The US Civil War was the testing grounds for WWI. You had gattling guns, years long trench warfare, charges of grenade armed men (with grenades that look like the nerf footballs with tails), all sorts of experimental artillery, rockets with "Short's greek fire", armored rail cars...
    If you could haul your invention to the siege of Vicksburg, they'd usually let you try it out. They also had the first cartridge shots, though they usually had to be removed after firing. Which is why there were multiple different designs on guns that would either use multiple barrels or which would move the chamber. This was also a time when the percussion cap revolver was in common use.

• Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    I think you're putting a bit too much stock in the idea of people playing the game and assuming that's how it is in real life.

Look, I assume all Ubisoft games are accurate. That's how I learned Alexander Graham Bell invented electric grenades.

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    That would be Edison to discredit Tesla and others about how you could make electricity safe to handle

• Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    That would be Edison to discredit Tesla and others about how you could make electricity safe to handle

Nah, Edison did drive Tesla insane via the Apple of Eden however

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    HeadCreepsHeadCreeps NOW IS THE TIME FOR DRINKING! Registered User regular
    Montanan seventh graders?

Does Montana even have seventh grade?
    Apologies to anyone here from Montana

vEaRQgH.png
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    :-1:

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Fun fact: people call the Heimlich maneuver "abdominal thrusts" now, because Hemlich claimed rights and if you're teaching it by that name you gotta pay up.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    TheStig wrote: »
    Fun fact: people call the Heimlich maneuver "abdominal thrusts" now, because Hemlich claimed rights and if you're teaching it by that name you gotta pay up.

k3kmxre2r9f8.png

• Options
    no vgcats

• Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
  • Options
    SomestickguySomestickguy Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    Yeah it's Awkward Zombie.

Somestickguy on
  • Options
    LabelLabel Registered User regular

I thought it was because the heimlich guy went wacko about some HIV quackery, so the medical community shifted the name to prevent him from lending legitimacy to bullshit.

• Options
    Yeah it's Awkward Zombie.

huh, always thought it was VG Cats.
    Label wrote: »

I thought it was because the heimlich guy went wacko about some HIV quackery, so the medical community shifted the name to prevent him from lending legitimacy to bullshit.

I haven't looked into it, but that's what they always say at CPR training.

• Options
    Well I only use it because it's the most fitting thing of I don't get it

• Options
    I'm a fan of the Three Word Phrase ??? ?, but I don't have a copy easily accessible.

This discussion has been closed.