As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

overwatch: rip battle mercy august 2017 - august 2017

crwthcrwth THAT'S ITRegistered User regular
edited August 2017 in Social Entropy++
hi there let's all talk about and play overwatch with each other, yeah?

i'll add a gamer tag list in a bit

here's....a video!

https://youtu.be/CsbbXsk5y40

EzUAYcn.png
crwth on

• crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
  • Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    just my opinion and all but I think they gotta ditch the whole "cover protecting you from d.va's ult" thing if they want d.va to be viable

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    I just played a game of Hanamura defense in no limits.

Our team was 4 Symettras, a lucio, and a Soldier 76. We stacked shield generators.

I feel dirty.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    turtleant wrote: »
    I just played a game of Hanamura defense in no limits.

Our team was 4 Symettras, a lucio, and a Soldier 76. We stacked shield generators.

I feel dirty.

I've been that lucio

it feels wrong but I'll still take the win

2x39jD4.jpg
  • PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    I didn't buy this game because you guys told me no one played it anymore!

And here's a new thread

i play it but on ps4 so i'm usually playing alone

but i still like it!

EzUAYcn.png
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    lots of people play it!

but there's usually a lull when some new thing that people are excited about comes out

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    crwth wrote: »
    i play it but on ps4 so i'm usually playing alone

but i still like it!

I play on the computer and I am usually playing alone so it was a waste of time to put my name on the list

• KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    just my opinion and all but I think they gotta ditch the whole "cover protecting you from d.va's ult" thing if they want d.va to be viable

I love playing Dva but that seems too powerful, unless they take its radius way down or something.

One buff I'd personally like to see is a second or two of invulnerability between when you Call Mech and when you actually climb in. Or, if nothing else, when you get killed before you get into the mech, have it still come down and smush whoever's there.

KalTorak wrote: »

I love playing Dva but that seems too powerful, unless they take its radius way down or something.

it was a joke, bud

EzUAYcn.png
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    hey i can't tell what DVa players consider reasonable

dva should be able to boost and fly cause they've shown her doing it in cinematics but not in game!

EzUAYcn.png
  • AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    I do think they should fix self destruct so that a god damn lamppost doesn't block it.

ZD98Zka.png
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Another idea: A way to get her ult to trigger faster than it usually would. Like making her mech get a new 'health bar' when she ejects for it to detonate. It will drain on its own, but it can still be targeted / hit by enemy fire to trigger faster.

• JarsJars Registered User regular
    my idea is to not buff dva at all

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Put the rockets on dvas feet so zero suit dva can boost around

2x39jD4.jpg
    in hots zero suit dva has a special super charged blast from her pistol

that'd be cool to use as an alternate ult, like symmetra

either call your mech or take a chance with a high powered beam

EzUAYcn.png
    Really in Overwatch roll back D Va to how she was at release she was perfectly fine then

• JarsJars Registered User regular
    I'd play a zero suit only dva with new abilities

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular

Out-of-mech D.Va is still underestimated in impact. People think you have to pop in to your mech ASAP, but there's plenty of times where it's better to continue firing at a target (or multiple), usually because by the time you hop in mech and fly forward you miss having an impact on the action. It's what, 20 damage per hit I think? No damage falloff? Her pistol is serious fucking business.

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular

A voice drifts on the wind from a dark future: "I'm a mechless Dva main."

The monkey's paw curls up another finger.

Jars wrote: »
    I'd play a zero suit only dva with new emotes

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »

Out-of-mech D.Va is still underestimated in impact. People think you have to pop in to your mech ASAP, but there's plenty of times where it's better to continue firing at a target (or multiple), usually because by the time you hop in mech and fly forward you miss having an impact on the action. It's what, 20 damage per hit I think? No damage falloff? Her pistol is serious fucking business.

tiny d.va is generally a much bigger one-on-one threat than big d.va

Shorty wrote: »

tiny d.va is generally a much bigger one-on-one threat than big d.va
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcqTFlYeaVA
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdRdmSL9a_c

Please,she's called Gremlin D.Va.

• Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Baby dva for lyfe

It just rolls off the tongue better

• AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    D.Va's pistol is ok, but you aren't charging self destruct or blocking any damage while hopping around out there, so you really should get back in the mech as fast as you can if you want the team to win.

In QP I'll fuck around outside of the mech all day though.

ZD98Zka.png
    Tiny Dva can be really hard to hit.

And her pistol can be more effective than some other guns at long range, in special situations. When I'm Soldier and I shoot at a Bastion, he'll see me right away and shoot back. With Dva, I can empty practically the whole clip at Bastion before the damage starts hitting him, then duck behind cover.

• WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Reposting This Comic because it's both relevant to the Zero Suit discussion, and got buried at end of last thread!

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
    Ashcroft wrote: »
    D.Va's pistol is ok, but you aren't charging self destruct or blocking any damage while hopping around out there, so you really should get back in the mech as fast as you can if you want the team to win.

In QP I'll fuck around outside of the mech all day though.
    It's all about context; sometimes it's more important to lay out damage than block it. Which is the whole point of playing D.Va and Reinhardt, knowing when to actively pursue which goal.

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    ok how about this: zero suit dva who, when she is defeated, dorito gremlin dva pops out of

BahamutZERO.gif
  • LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    KalTorak wrote: »

One buff I'd personally like to see is a second or two of invulnerability between when you Call Mech and when you actually climb in. Or, if nothing else, when you get killed before you get into the mech, have it still come down and smush whoever's there.

It's already difficult to actually kill her when she's climbing into the mech because the hitbox for the mech appears before the mech actually does, so unless you're directly behind her all you're doing is hitting the mech that hasn't shown up yet. Yeah that's annoying, because you climb back in only to jump back out again, but I don't think calling your mech while being shot SHOULD be a ticket to a free full heal. Honestly, I think all Dva needs is a slight buff to her damage and she'll be set. The ult works fine (though I have issues with how you can use it after your mech dies and being able to call a new one immediately, but that's more me being grumpy that there's no actual way to take her out of the fight before she can use it), and buffing it would make it almost impossible to avoid.

I'm not looking forward to the 76 nerf, no matter how small it is, because it will make the dominance of Pharah/Mercy even more prominent. I'm kinda just over playing against Pharah in general, I'm sick of having to base my hero pick entirely on whether or not she's in the game.

Lorahalo on
    I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
    ok how about this: zero suit dva who, when she is defeated, dorito gremlin dva pops out of
    When someone on your team dies, you pop out of them as Gremlin D.Va.

• autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    When someone on your team dies, you pop out of them as Gremlin D.Va.

To the sound of 'hello, my ragtime gal'

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    hi tito

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    gary says hi as well

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
    Zay wrote: »
    gary says hi as well

hey zay hey gary

EzUAYcn.png
  • miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    buff gary nerf zay

uc3ufTB.png
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    I support this thread title because it implies nerfing Zarya.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
    zarya is least in need of a nerf of anyone except like....reaper

This discussion has been closed.