As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

overwatch: rip battle mercy august 2017 - august 2017

• SixshotStrikerSixshotStriker Registered User regular
    Think I found a new pet peeve, the medal system being the old one (and still is a peeve). It irks me to no end that some people use terms incorrectly or misunderstand a strategy. For example, a random team I was on decided to go dive, so all the usual picks got made but then someone said "Wait we need a Rein."
    "Rein's not dive."
    "Yes he is."
    The game didn't go well.

• BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Some silly times in Lucioball.

Some silly times in QP with the PA crew.

Some silly boops.

Baidol on
    Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    Think I found a new pet peeve, the medal system being the old one (and still is a peeve). It irks me to no end that some people use terms incorrectly or misunderstand a strategy. For example, a random team I was on decided to go dive, so all the usual picks got made but then someone said "Wait we need a Rein."
    "Rein's not dive."
    "Yes he is."
    The game didn't go well.

I mean, terrible Reins are dive...

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Got back into OW last week. Got the new 76 and skin, the new Mercy skin, and the Mercy skin from last year that was like the only thing i couldn't get then, so I've already accomplished basically everything i wanted.

Been doing like 3 hours of mystery heroes with my friends every couple days and we've had some great games. Lots of close matches and come from behind victories.

And last night my friend saved me with a Mei ice wall in the most unexpected way.

On route 66 i was on top of the gas station as Bastion and right as I was setting up I saw the enemy Bastion already in sentry mode looking at me.

Right as his first bullets hit me, my friend popped an ice wall inside the building directly under me which somehow teleported me down inside the building.

That other bastion had to be confused as hell. I know i was.

steam_sig.png
  • AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    I went 1 - 9 in Lucioball placements, and placed Silver.

I probaby should have played more than 1 regular match before going into it, but I just wanted whatever comp points I could get out of it (and the Zen spray) before ignoring it forever.

Honestly I was surprised I got 1800 SR, what would I have had to have done to get low bronze? Somehow kill my team?

ZD98Zka.png
    Own goals? Lose all 10 matches against people who've managed to go line 0-50 already?

steam_sig.png
  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Ashcroft wrote: »
    I went 1 - 9 in Lucioball placements, and placed Silver.

I probaby should have played more than 1 regular match before going into it, but I just wanted whatever comp points I could get out of it (and the Zen spray) before ignoring it forever.

Honestly I was surprised I got 1800 SR, what would I have had to have done to get low bronze? Somehow kill my team?

Yeah, I went 2-8 and ended at like 2100.

Which bummed me out because I did probably 15-20 non-comp matches before placements, won most of them, and felt pretty good about myself!

• Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    welp

got absolutely rolled for my last couple games, ended up placing at 2944

decided to play one more game and it happened again

I think I'm done with lucio ball for the week

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    I tried deathmatch earlier.

It's pretty goofy, in a fun way.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
    I just want the chateau map.

• TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    My last box of the night had 2 legendary items.

500 coins and Orisa's Carbon skin.

I fucking hate this game.

ZD98Zka.png
    I've pulled two legendaries this event - Grill master and coins. I guess that's kind of something.

Also, lucioball *could* be a fun game if the ball physics and lag weren't as effective as the RNG in mystery is at determining who wins.

• ZellpherZellpher Registered User regular
    Oh hey, I found where all the shitty people are.

It's 3v3.

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Einzel wrote: »
    I've pulled two legendaries this event - Grill master and coins. I guess that's kind of something.

Also, lucioball *could* be a fun game if the ball physics and lag weren't as effective as the RNG in mystery is at determining who wins.

I've got 3 summer games legendaries

from last year

and also 3 standard legendaries

and one current event one.

• JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    My first 3 crates this event had a legendary, 2 old summer skins and one general old one. None since.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    Einzel wrote: »

I've got 3 summer games legendaries

from last year

and also 3 standard legendaries

and one current event one.

Same here, so far all the skins I've gotten for the event were from last year and the one legendary I've gotten was the punk Tracer skin.

No duplicates so far though, which is pretty rad.

• BillyIdleBillyIdle What does "katana" mean? It means "Japanese sword."Registered User regular
    My friends are trying super hard to get platinum this season before it's over, and I had no idea I was even platinum ranked until last night. I usually play different characters and roles so that's probably why.

PSN: BillyIdle_
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    I really want the new mercy skin but I don't really want to play this game

argh

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    Luccioball appears to have accomplished the impossible: they made a mode where it's bad to group up, so that's what people do.

Yes. Pubs grouping! Around the objective.

..too bad that just means they are out of position and get in each other's way >.<

I was setting up a pass last night and our goale came from behind to steal the ball from me.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular

argh

just buy 50 boxes

liEt3nH.png
  • crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular

argh

just buy 50 boxes
    that's what i did, thanks to bday money

EzUAYcn.png
  • SixshotStrikerSixshotStriker Registered User regular
    IDK if the lag on Lucioball was always this bad but today seems especially so.

argh

Just do what I did, log in, open your free event loot box, get the legendary skin you were hoping for.

steam_sig.png
  • the cheatthe cheat Registered User, ClubPA regular

argh

Just do what I did, log in, open your free event loot box, get the legendary skin you were hoping for.

did that box also have widow's "let them eat cake" voice line?

tKfL2Yd.png?1
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    So far I've gotten the new Widow skin, one of Tracer's skins from last year and a regular Orisa legendary. The latter I actually play, but I prefer Null Sector so eh. The most important unlock I've gotten is Zarya's "Only a game" one, that was an immediate equip.

• ameybesameybes vvvv MERBERNRegistered User regular
    Hot Take: Zarya is the only Overwatch character whose original costume remains her best costume.

• Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    ameybes wrote: »
    Hot Take: Zarya is the only Overwatch character whose original costume remains her best costume.

I'm a big fan of industrial

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular

I like the frosted variant, but yeah

her goth legendaries are...fine, but pointless, and the weightlifter ones are just okay (I don't like how the purple light from her weapon interacts with them)

her others were designed by people who don't understand what makes her design work

with that much attention being drawn to her head, you need to be able to see her eyes

• WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular

Her Frosted one from Christmas is also good, but mostly because it's just a minor adjustment to the original

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Cyberian is dope

CYpGAPn.png
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    the best Zarya skin is the one where she's nerfed

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    the best zarya skin is where you play rein because you know the other tank (god willing) isn't picking someone with a shield

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    the best Zarya skin is the one where she's nerfed

so, deathmatch

• BillyIdleBillyIdle What does "katana" mean? It means "Japanese sword."Registered User regular
    Sorry, but Zarya summer games combined with her dance emote is leagues above the rest.

PSN: BillyIdle_
  • miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    my current objective: getting zarya's 'why do you heff to be mad' and pairing it with her laugh emote

uc3ufTB.png
  • MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    Got my second legendary from the summer games...and it's the other Zarya skin from last year. So now I have both, yay.

BMX Reaper is apparently too much to ask.

• PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    I'd be happy with either Sombra, Soldier or Junkrat's skin, the latter would even be enough to get me to play him.

• KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    oh man I cannot wait for Junkrat's new mines.

• RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    I've got Reaper/Soldier/Mercy

I'll buy Sombra if I don't get her.

I kind of want the Widow skin? I never play her regardless.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
This discussion has been closed.