As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fire Emblem Heroes] Tempest Trials and FE: Warriors Special Maps

• Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    Trying to level up an Raven to 40, I see a tenth tier all-blue team and jump on in. As usual, he solos everyone, only this time he got blown the fuck up by a max level Effie he basically couldn't touch.

Sadness.

• Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Acheron wrote: »
    Wyvern wrote: »
    Huh. I pulled a single green orb on the Tempest Trial banner on a whim just in case I somehiw got Titania, and it was -HP/+RES Soren. He actually seems pretty weak but I won't complain for five orbs.

The thing about Soren is that basically all his skills suck ass. Watersweep is terrible, growing wind is meh... And hone Res is whatever. But if you invest he is actually a great green mage. A plus Res version has huge magic tank ability, and he is pretty fast and strong too.
    Yeah, on reflection he'd make a rather good anti-cavalry unit if I ponied up 20k feathers for the book. -3 ATK/SPD over a +ATK Nino dissuades me from going the blade tome route though.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Delzhand wrote: »
    Trying to level up an Raven to 40, I see a tenth tier all-blue team and jump on in. As usual, he solos everyone, only this time he got blown the fuck up by a max level Effie he basically couldn't touch.

Sadness.

Effie can be a monster if given the right stuff. Especially the ones where someone eats a Hector to give her distant counter.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    I got an Elincia. -ATK/+HP. Time to save for Halloween.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    So I went to the Ninian/Hawkeye banner, ready to burn some of the orbs I badly need for Elincia. Aaaaaand got her on the free pull! Finally!

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Is there anyone I should feed Ninian to? I got her on my free pull and I already have one with better IVs.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    I mean, I guess you can feed her to another dragon, for fortify dragons, but that seems like overkill

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Since she's my only 5* dragon, it sounds like my options are feeding her to herself or keeping her around with her weapon unequipped to dance-level upcoming recruits.

• Options
    AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    My free pull on the ninian banner was awesome too! Who couldn't use another 4 star Est?

• Options
    jmcdonaldjmcdonald I voted, did you? DC(ish)Registered User regular
    My free pull on the ninian banner was awesome too! Who couldn't use another 4 star Est?

Wooooo

3* Palla!

Into the wood chipper

• Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    3* Donnel. You died as you lived: contributing the least possible amount.

Both horses having pass in this BHB is going to be a little annoying. Might be time to pull Camus and Grani's Shield back out to tank their weapons.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    Funny to me how they made both horses have cavalry slaying weapons and pass to try to stop horse emblem.

Still beat it with Xander, BLyn, Cecilia, Azura. The counters are just not nearly enough to overcome the insane movement and insane buffs.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »

Sadness.

Effie can be a monster if given the right stuff. Especially the ones where someone eats a Hector to give her distant counter.

Oh God.. I have a spare Hector... And this is a good idea....

• Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    i got a 5* nowi. not the best IV, +res/-HP but i feel like hers don't matter that much

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »

Sadness.

You know whats an even better idea? Coding in the ability to transfer your spare Hector to me, and then actually transferring your spare Hector to me.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    McMoogle wrote: »

Sadness.

You know whats an even better idea? Coding in the ability to transfer your spare Hector to me, and then actually transferring your spare Hector to me.

I'll wrestle you for it

• Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    McMoogle wrote: »

Sadness.

I'll wrestle you for it

Ah, someone went to the Jeff Kaplan school of negotiation. Let us begin!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    Clearly the best negotiation is to hang a stick and last man standing wins. That is clearly what Hector would want

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Nephenee, Xander, Titania, and BLyn clear infernal battle for me. Surprisingly it was that Wo Dao pos swordsman that ruined two attempts for me by killing Xander as Neph was tied down elsewhere.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    mts wrote: »
    i got a 5* nowi. not the best IV, +res/-HP but i feel like hers don't matter that much

Nowi works with nearly any IV. Even -SPD with QR and Steady Breath will destroy things.

• Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Steady Breath isn't exactly something you just have around to throw on people though.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    OatsOats Registered User regular
    I'm sorely tempted to have AxeIke and SwordIke on the same team both with Steady Breath

• Options
    SmoogySmoogy Registered User regular

Sadness.

Effie is better with Brave Lance+ than with DC...she's better in attack phase with Death Blow.

Zephiel wants DC before Effie...though with Black Knight now I guess not so needed.

Smoogy-1689
    3DS Friend Code: 1821-8991-4141
    PAD ID: 376,540,262

• Options
    DuriniaDurinia Evolved from Space Potatoes Registered User regular
    Smoogy wrote: »

Zephiel wants DC ...though with Black Knight now I guess not so needed.

...why not both?

For business reasons, I must preserve the outward sign of sanity.
    --Mark Twain
  • Options
    Durinia wrote: »
    Smoogy wrote: »

Zephiel wants DC ...though with Black Knight now I guess not so needed.

...why not both?

Because Effie + Hector + Amelia + BK sounds better! Unless you fed an armor march to Zeph maybe?

• Options
    I didn't get an Amelia :sad:

(and believe me, I tried)

--Mark Twain
  • Options
    On the bright side, I FINALLY got a Ninian!

+Res/-Def, but who cares about IVs on Dancers?!?

--Mark Twain
  • Options
    Nephanee is pretty great. I'm starting to use her a little, more so to farm some SP (she is kitted out but can't learn everything just yet) and she's so tanky. Then Wrath plus Slaying Lance just means she has her special every other attack which is so good.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Infernal Special Battle beat!

Spoilered for image size as I'm on mobile:

8ec2xgetcywc.png

• Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    So I've got 40k feathers I can use to complete 2 of my 4-5 projects, all involving ranking up 4-stars into 5-stars just to get eaten.

First off, I finally pulled an Athena last night. That means time for Wo Dao Olivia, right? Well, the Athena is +Spd/-Res, which seems pretty good and I don't know if I should waste that. I know it's kind of a fool's errand to wait in case you pull a specific unit, but I am still pulling red for Elincia so more Athenas could pop up. On the other hand, I'm not sure if I have much of a use for another infantry sword unit anyway.

Secondly, I could promote f-Corrin to give Dark Breath+ to my new Ninian. I wanna use her in the Tempest Trials, so that's an opportunity to gain a lot of SP so I know she can afford a new weapon plus be useful while doing so.

Orrrr, I could promote an f-Corrin to give Dark Breath+ to the 4-star +10 Corrin I'm building. I have so many Corrins, you guys. Which is fine because I love Corrin! In fact! I already have one 5-star Corrin that I could use for this purpose, but, even though I know she'd technically be stronger, I'm a little squeamish about losing the 5-star. She was one of my mains for quite awhile. There was a time when she was one of my 5 level 40 characters. In any case, I guess I can put Corrin on the backburner since I don't have a pressing need for her yet.

Anyway, I could promote my only Roderick to 5-star to feed to Cordelia. I've been focusing a lot on Flier Emblem recently, but I keep putting this off. Honestly I'm not sure what the advantages of Firesweep Lance over Brave Lance are in this case? But I keep seeing it suggested and I have the feathers so I may as well try it out?

Alternatively I could promote Cordelia herself! She's only a 4-star! But I don't care too much about her 5-star skills, and I have 3 other 4-stars so I'm pretty close to making her a 4-star +5 which is equivalent, anyway. She's +Spd/-Res btw.

Other than those, I guess I could promote Nino? I still don't have a 5-star version. Anybody have any suggestions for what I should go with?

• Options
    I have a 5* +SPD Cordelia with Firesweep Lance+, and let me tell you - she deletes units like crazy, even squishy greens.

• Options
    So I've got 40k feathers I can use to complete 2 of my 4-5 projects, all involving ranking up 4-stars into 5-stars just to get eaten.

First off, I finally pulled an Athena last night. That means time for Wo Dao Olivia, right? Well, the Athena is +Spd/-Res, which seems pretty good and I don't know if I should waste that. I know it's kind of a fool's errand to wait in case you pull a specific unit, but I am still pulling red for Elincia so more Athenas could pop up. On the other hand, I'm not sure if I have much of a use for another infantry sword unit anyway.

Secondly, I could promote f-Corrin to give Dark Breath+ to my new Ninian. I wanna use her in the Tempest Trials, so that's an opportunity to gain a lot of SP so I know she can afford a new weapon plus be useful while doing so.

Orrrr, I could promote an f-Corrin to give Dark Breath+ to the 4-star +10 Corrin I'm building. I have so many Corrins, you guys. Which is fine because I love Corrin! In fact! I already have one 5-star Corrin that I could use for this purpose, but, even though I know she'd technically be stronger, I'm a little squeamish about losing the 5-star. She was one of my mains for quite awhile. There was a time when she was one of my 5 level 40 characters. In any case, I guess I can put Corrin on the backburner since I don't have a pressing need for her yet.

Anyway, I could promote my only Roderick to 5-star to feed to Cordelia. I've been focusing a lot on Flier Emblem recently, but I keep putting this off. Honestly I'm not sure what the advantages of Firesweep Lance over Brave Lance are in this case? But I keep seeing it suggested and I have the feathers so I may as well try it out?

Alternatively I could promote Cordelia herself! She's only a 4-star! But I don't care too much about her 5-star skills, and I have 3 other 4-stars so I'm pretty close to making her a 4-star +5 which is equivalent, anyway. She's +Spd/-Res btw.

Other than those, I guess I could promote Nino? I still don't have a 5-star version. Anybody have any suggestions for what I should go with?

Firesweep Cordelia doubles the cast and doesn't get countered. It essentially nullifies color triangle on offense and with a dancer or flier emblem she becomes unstoppable.

But, +atk Cordelia with brave lance kills a lot of stuff as well. Firesweep is really kinda winmoar! mode.

• Options
    Firesweep lance+ = 15 might. Brave lance+ = 8 might. Cordelia has insane speed when not crippled by a brave weapon.

Assuming all else equal, she doubles with a firesweep just like a brave weapon but does 14 more damage. That leads to a lot more kills.

• Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    I got a spare Firesweep Lance+ kicking around, and have been considering giving it to Cordelia, but I kinda also want to see how well it pairs with Wrath (and I'm not sacrificing Neph to Cordelia).

I would probably jump to giving it to Cordy faster if mine was +attack or speed instead of neutral.

• Options
    Firesweep lance+ = 15 might. Brave lance+ = 8 might. Cordelia has insane speed when not crippled by a brave weapon.

Assuming all else equal, she doubles with a firesweep just like a brave weapon but does 14 more damage. That leads to a lot more kills.

Well, she's fast enough to quad with a brave weapon, which would do more than the Firesweep. Thing is, she rarely needs to quad for the kill, and anything bulky enough to need it is also likely strong enough to pulp her on the counter. Firesweep doubles more and keeps her out of trouble, but sometimes you just need that last bit of damage.

With flier buffs, Firesweep gets a lot better - she doesn't need to quad anything, so a brave weapon is basically less might and less speed for the same number of hits.

Also, speaking of flier buffs - holy crap Flier Emblem is amazing with quad Goad Fliers. Hone Fliers would be better to set up Corrin, but even with just Goads she demolishes reds and blues.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular

If you were already using corrin a lot, I'd probably toss the one that has all the skills inherited and learned on the 4+10 pile, instead of just wasting feathers to duplicate the same effort. The only ones I'd really see being that useful to keep dupes for is like...ORKO strikers like rein or blyn

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    15 orbs worth of challenge maps up. They have respawning enemies and experience isn't reduced on retries and quite a few have specific triangle colours, so might be worth doing if you're looking to efficiently level a character or grind SP.

• Options
    edited September 2017
    It doesn't reduce SP on retries? Dang. They are also STUPID easy, even on Lunatic (well, at least the first two are). I was amazed that most of my heroes took barely any damage on Lunatic, even at a color disadvantage (at least from the generic enemies). I was just letting Reinhardt face tank a bunch of dudes since he seemed like he could take 2-3 hits before dying on Lunatic.

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    Dropped about 120 Orbs and got about 12 Corrins and no Nephenee or Oscar. Up to 4% pity rate and no orbs.

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Just barely beat the Ninian + Hawkeye battle on Lunatic. If my Ike had just had 1 less HP or 1 less Attack, I wouldn't have made it. Gonna do all the Warriors maps first before I even think about attempting it on Infernal. Either way, I should be able to get to a respectable amount of orbs before making another attempt to get Nephenee.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699