As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fire Emblem Heroes] Tempest Trials and FE: Warriors Special Maps

• Options
    AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    Ardor wrote: »
    After something like 120 orbs, I got Sheena earlier on and also was lucky enough to get Sonya!

I'd really like Gray for his valor skill. Though I don't think my chances of getting him with the orbs I could still earn or get from daily login are very good.

How much longer are we getting those daily orbs? I looked at the notifications and didn't see anything on the subject.

I think they end 7/20

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Acheron wrote: »
    Ardor wrote: »
    After something like 120 orbs, I got Sheena earlier on and also was lucky enough to get Sonya!

I'd really like Gray for his valor skill. Though I don't think my chances of getting him with the orbs I could still earn or get from daily login are very good.

How much longer are we getting those daily orbs? I looked at the notifications and didn't see anything on the subject.

I think they end 7/20

And given how we've pretty much had them straight since the beginning of the month, you probably shouldn't count on them coming back till next month. Since they've been only having them for like 2/3 of the days in a month

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SmoogySmoogy Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    Well, got the seal...though who knows what I'll do with it :)

I hope they bring back Quickened Pulse in something at some point. I need to get my hands on it, but in a more reasonable fashion than last time.

Also, my 5* Askr trio is ready for action (though not fully complete yet. I need another Hinata for Sharena, maybe a diff C skill for her too. And Anna needs Threaten Defense):
    6i30tg2mxvj6.png
    8xjfff5k7i4t.png
    5qy56tefxbx5.png

I will be ready for arena on any given week with at least someone decent!

Smoogy on
    Smoogy-1689
    3DS Friend Code: 1821-8991-4141
    PAD ID: 376,540,262

• Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    I gave my alphonse axe breaker for the inevitable hectors.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    I got my seal as well, and enough feathers to promote Alfonse. It's nice to be done with stuff for awhile and just able to finally level people again (although I technically still have those whatever story mission challenges or whatever they call them... the ones you are supposed to use to grind SP)

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    EtheaEthea Registered User regular
    I am going to be ecstatic if I get to 30k

• Options
    chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    Talith wrote: »
    40K reached. Grind complete. Freedom!

I decided that I was just gonna focus on Tempest over the weekend, not gonna worry about leveling or arena. Just hit 38k. Almost there!
    Darklyre wrote: »
    I'm about 10k away from the seal, but with 5 1/2 days left I might aim for 50k, since it's so close.

That path lies madness!

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    By the way, though I should have mentioned it before, a Falchion user + Renewal 3 (I only have Renewal 2 and it works) + Reciprocal Aid = Tempest Trial MVP. Passive healer ftw. It's the best way to heal up between maps. You can even sacrifice some speed and wait out turns to heal people if you want.

Alm best this time cuz of bonus unit, of course.

You could even give your healer Breath of Life + the breath of life seal for more healing. Oh man, even Noontime or Sol would make even more passive heal shenanigans!!

Smoogy on
    Smoogy-1689

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Smoogy wrote: »
    By the way, though I should have mentioned it before, a Falchion user + Renewal 3 (I only have Renewal 2 and it works) + Reciprocal Aid = Tempest Trial MVP. Passive healer ftw. It's the best way to heal up between maps. You can even sacrifice some speed and wait out turns to heal people if you want.

You could even give your healer Breath of Life + the breath of life seal for more healing. Oh man, even Noontime or Sol would make even more passive heal shenanigans!!

I don't need it for this Tempest Trial because I'm not doing the Lunatic missions (way too time intensive), but during the first one my "healer" was S!Chrom with the Carrot Axe/Ardent Sacrifice/Fury/Renewal. If we'd had double SP weekend back then I might've thrown Noontime and Breath of Life onto him.

• Options

I've basically used Boey this way because of his innate Renewal 3 (and I don't have Alm). Though I didn't think of the Noontime/Sol idea. :( After I opened my eyes, I swapped out Hector for Xander w/Hone Cavalry, and that has been working really well. Xander, Reinhardt, and dancer (Azura in my case) can handle almost all units 1 vs. 1, and Boey there helps with some that they can't (high res blue units mostly), and Boey is a stand in healer with Reciprocal Aid, +5 hp, renewal 3, and the breath of life seal, particularly for Xander since he loses life with Fury. I would have put renewal on Xander, but I don't want to sacrifice my last Fae. Saving her for dragon emblem someday.

How do you guys build Xander?

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options

QR2 is the most important inherit. Otherwise, I've been using switch/bonfire (default A slot which I've been meaning to replace)/QR2/hone Calvary

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Spoit wrote: »

QR2 is the most important inherit. Otherwise, I've been using switch/bonfire (default A slot which I've been meaning to replace)/QR2/hone Calvary

My build is Siegfried/Swap/Ignis/ATK+DEF 2/Quick Riposte 3/Hone Cavalry. If I had Distant DEF I'd have used that instead of ATK+DEF 2, but it's a perfectly usable skill and does work on PP as well. 50 ATK/39 DEF is a really pretty statline.

I debated for a long time about Bonfire vs. Ignis, and I went with Ignis because his SPD is low enough that he'll usually get doubled while his ATK is high enough to usually kill whatever I bait in two regular hits. So if he baits and it goes Enemy>Xander>Enemy>Xander (KO's target), he'll have an Ignis ready to oneshot whoever next turn.

Speaking of tanks, I found out that my 4* Sheena is +DEF/-SPD, which is probably her best IV. Armor Emblem is 75% there!

• Options
    edited July 2017
    Why would you use distant defense, when it's baked into his weapon?

EDIT: oh duh, not Hector's counter power, Celica's +5 Def/res one.

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ragnarok7331ragnarok7331 Registered User regular
    How important is merging for your team? I've ended up with some extra 5 star heroes (Nowi, Genny, and Sonya) and I've been debating between merging them with my primary version to make them more powerful or saving them for later for move inheritance. Any thoughts? (If merging is important, I'm also tempted to spend some orbs to get extras off of these two banners so I can power my team up while I have the chance.)

• Options
    Wow, Sheena with Close DEF/Fortress DEF, Wary Fighter, and a QP-powered Ignis is hilarious. She actually kills a Fury/Vantage Ryoma if she baits him. With a couple of Ward Armor spurs she'll even tank most of the other sword lords.

• Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    If they have anything worth inheriting Id keep them around.

Also a trick I used on one hero I had 2 of, was to put half of the inheritence stuff I needed on 1 copy of him, and the other half on another copy. leveled them seperately and then merged them afterwards since theyd keep the abilities. saved alot of farming at lvl 40.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Darklyre wrote: »
    Wow, Sheena with Close DEF/Fortress DEF, Wary Fighter, and a QP-powered Ignis is hilarious. She actually kills a Fury/Vantage Ryoma if she baits him. With a couple of Ward Armor spurs she'll even tank most of the other sword lords.

Sheena has the best defenses in the game. Slightly lower def than some other armor types, but her resist is almost as high, so she shrugs off everything.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Hm. Phantom Speed... How does it work? The text suggests that it gives you +5 SPD every time something is using SPD to calculate so I figured it is essentially +5 SPD whenever you are attacking/being attacked but it looks like that isn't the case? It looks like it's a good skill to put on someone who had something called "sweep"?

• Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    The only skills that it works with at the moment are watersweep and windsweep. This seal makes those skills actually useable, or helps prevent them from taking effect on your unit.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    I thought the seal was pretty cool, but it still only puts my Alm at 35 speed. I suppose that helps with a fair number of units, but none of the fast swords. Windsweep is one of those skills I haven't even spent SP on yet. Just seems bad.

• Options
    edited July 2017
    I'm terrified of arena next week. Cecelia = bonus unit. Reinhardts and horsies everywhere!!!!

I might 5* my Cecilia now. I've been looking for an excuse...we'll see. I could also try to merge her with other 4* if I get more. I really need Rein though.

Smoogy on
    Smoogy-1689

• Options
    I'm terrified of arena next week. Cecelia = bonus unit. Reinhardts and horsies everywhere!!!!

I might 5* my Cecilia now. I've been looking for an excuse...we'll see. I could also try to merge her with other 4* if I get more. I really need Rein though.

I knew I spent this weekend leveling Sonya for something... Or I could use Sheena, but I suspect Sonya will be better. Of course, her SP is low due to the dumb SP holidays always ending Saturday (seriously, why?). I'm not sure I even got level 3 Res Ploy before she hit 40

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »

I knew I spent this weekend leveling Sonya for something... Or I could use Sheena, but I suspect Sonya will be better. Of course, her SP is low due to the dumb SP holidays always ending Saturday (seriously, why?). I'm not sure I even got level 3 Res Ploy before she hit 40

My guess is that they probably use JPN time as when the event ends.

• Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular

GDI cecilia. Not as bad as Julia but damn near close to it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Looks like a Sharena week for me, as expected.
    But not for lack of trying.

• Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    I think I'll use my horse emblem team for offense, might just stick Sonya on my defensive team to see if that gets me anything. She's +spd/-res which is great! Except I invested in Res Ploy, which wasn't a good investment with her bane.

While I'd like to think my horse emblem team may be useful for defense, they need to stick close together for maximum effectiveness, something I'm sure can more easily be manipulated depending on the map.

I'm thinking G tomebreaker would be useful for Sonya as a B skill, unsure what I want to use for her support skill. I like reposition quite a bit, but I'm still hoping for Hinoka so I can make flier emblem. If I do that, I'd like to save reposition fodder for that team.

I also just faced a team of firesweep weapons. Bride Charlotte, Azura, Clarisse and Bride Cordelia, all firesweep stuff. IT was actually pretty interesting, since my Hector was only used to take hits. On the bright side, Lucina survived a round tanking Azura since she didn't have that sapphire weapon.

• Options
    Tried to get a 5* Sonya last night ... got a second 5* Soren instead. meh. I guess there could be some shenanigans with watersweep and phantom speed seal (also just got last night, woot!) on someone, but I don't know if it really could work well?

/shrug

• Options
    DuriniaDurinia Evolved from Space Potatoes Registered User regular
    My inability to pull a single one of the banner characters this week means its Sharena time.

Might also have to rethink my team if Cecilias are everywhere.

For business reasons, I must preserve the outward sign of sanity.
    --Mark Twain
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Been trying to get my Sonya battle ready over lunch. They weren't kidding about those chain challenge maps. I did normal chapter 9+10 and was getting 150 sp per run for Sonya. For 30 stamina that's a friggin bargain. I ended up giving her Green Tomebreaker but honestly I think I'll just keep her A and C. Both are nice.

I know they are only level 35, but she was absolutely destroying the chain challenge (she could one round most non reds and even the red tomes were not much of a challenge). She might actually be a nice asset to the arena team for a change (I always have issues with green tomes, or really most tomes... So GTB plus all her -RES shannigans might help a bunch. We'll see).

It's just a shame the SP bonus is over, I wish I could be grinding with double SP. (also WTB tome valor skill plox... Axe and Lance Valor have been amazing... During SP bonus those heroes were getting +12 SP per kill! Almost makes me want to blow orbs on trying to get Sword Valor.... Almost... I seriously have a million sword users already... )

Oh, and I realized I sharded all my Barsts. I thought he was useless... But he has Reposition. Bleh. I'm sure I will get 20 more next time I pull green though...

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    GHB tomorrow:

Interesting to see that your forces get split up. Depending on the tomes it looks like a tanky red on the defense tile above Alm to tank the red, green and archer, and a tanky green for Berkut (and the archer if he doesn't fancy your red).

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    Horses all the way down!

• Options
    jmcdonaldjmcdonald I voted, did you? DC(ish)Registered User regular

Mwahahahahahahahahahaha

ffepkwidd8ef.jpg

Bring it on!

• Options
    Awesome! Does Glimmer perform better than Moonbow?

I'm still bummed I didn't have the tenacity to get QP seal.

Smoogy-1689

• Options
    Awesome! Does Glimmer perform better than Moonbow?

I'm still bummed I didn't have the tenacity to get QP seal.

Glimmer is based off her balls to the wall attack stat.

I like big numbers, and I'm light on moonbow, so I figured "what the hell" and dropped it on her.

This week will be her with ward cav, Titania with hone cav, Xander with fort cav, and Reinhardt with spur cav.

Should be something to see.

• Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    Berkut is up.

Berkut - Prideful Prince

Berkut's Lance+ Mt: 14 - Grants Res+4 when the unit is under attack.
    Special Rising Flame - Before combat this unit initiates, foes in an area near target take damage equal to 1.5 x (unit's ATK minus foe's DEF or RES).
    A Skill - Water Boost 1/2/3 - If unit has at least 3 more HP than enemy at the start of combat, unit receives Res+2/4/6 during combat.
    C Skill - Ward Cavalry

Kelor on
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    the wiki needs to put together a list of characters who are worthless even as inherit fodder so I can clear out some of the trash level one 3* characters I have taking up space

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Ok I officially don't understand Mathilda. I have been trying to level her and she just seems to get her ass kicked by literally everything (and does shit damage to most things too). Maybe I don't understand Cancel Affinity.... it seems like it should make her do normal damage to everything (blue vs blue) and then both reds and greens should do weak damage to her? I dunno.

I switched over to leveling Delthea and got her to 40 in half the time it took to get Mathilda to like 33. SHE actually seems pretty good. Not as good as my Robin, but she should be useful. Miracle seems pretty great, although I don't think I understand it quite right. Seems like it should allow her to take one fatal hit, but she got KO'd before with her special up. Maybe she was doubled and I didn't notice? I had thought maybe it only worked against counterattack damage, but then I saw someone run up to her during the CPU's turn and she survived with 1 HP like she should and the special went away. So I dunno.

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    Kelor wrote: »
    Berkut is up.

Berkut - Prideful Prince

Berkut's Lance+ Mt: 14 - Grants Res+4 when the unit is under attack.
    Special Rising Flame - Before combat this unit initiates, foes in an area near target take damage equal to 1.5 x (unit's ATK minus foe's DEF or RES).
    A Skill - Water Boost 1/2/3 - If unit has at least 3 more HP than enemy at the start of combat, unit receives Res+2/4/6 during combat.
    C Skill - Ward Cavalry

Hard and lunatic cleared. Still working on an infernal strategy.

I'm curious about Berkuts Lance potential on Effie or Subaki...

• Options
    Berkut is pretty terrible AND his map is hard. I doubt I will clear Infernal since it seems to need some serious specializatiin.

Yeah and agree wih above on Mathilda. Mine is like +HP/-Res and she is just not very good. I think i wont even build her up all the way to 40 and just use her for Cancel affinity fodder if I ever need it.

Smoogy-1689

• Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    I ended up following a strategy on Reddit for infernal. Used Lucina, Hector, Sonya and Ninian. If it all works out, Hector takes both lance cavalry, Lucina kills green mage, tanks a red mage hit and kills him. Sonya has to kill the archer and the green cavalry. It turned out that Sonya had to tank a hit to charge her special while on the defensive tile from the axe cavalry. I believe if you have masked Marth 5* and darting blow 3 (you need 40 speed when attacking) you can cover the mages. A green who can tank both blue lances is needed. You can two round both I think. The dancer and someone who can two round the archer and axe cavalry need to be up top. You also want someone with low defense like a mage to get the pathing right.