As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fire Emblem Heroes] Tempest Trials and FE: Warriors Special Maps

• Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    And my very next pull is a +atk -Res Elincia, woo!

To merge the first, or use for inheritance?

• Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Acheron wrote: »
    Talith wrote: »
    Man, DD + DD seal Xander is exactly what I was hoping he would be.

Edit: I'm at 10 successful defenses this period. I've never seen that many before.

Poor Celica :bigfrown: She is my S summoner support!

I might have kept her but unfortunately I played SoV and hated her in her own game. I also have Nino and Tharja for Blade Tome and Sanaki for High res requirements. Maybe if she was a blue tome user...

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Damn, I just spent my last Roy, but then decided I wanted to try and make Female Robin into a Gronnraven user. Which means I no longer have good Triangle Adept access :(

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Man, DD + DD seal Xander is exactly what I was hoping he would be.

Edit: I'm at 10 successful defenses this period. I've never seen that many before.

I did just get a Celica...Might just have to try this. I don't have the DD seal though.

Edit: or maybe save it for Black Knight..

Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Down from 100 orbs to 40 with no one to show for it so far. If I go through a few summon sessions with nothing I take a break from pulls.

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Hooray a +spd -res Nephenee

I really want an elincia though, I was just able to do the armor emblem quest for the first time this month which leaves the flyer emblem quest there just taunting me

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Wonder if we are ever going to see infantry only buffs.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    And my very next pull is a +atk -Res Elincia, woo!

To merge the first, or use for inheritance?

Elincia's only unique skill is Flier Formation, and I don't think it's so much better than Hit and Run or Drag Back that it's worth putting on your other fliers, especially with all the bow Lyns around, since it can leave you overextended.

• Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    Used some of my spare feathers to promote an Athena and gave her Wao Dao+ to Olivia.

I don't really have many unique four stars to promote up, unless I want their skills. Thinking about bumping Mathilda to give her cancel affinity to Cavalyn since I've noticed a resurgence of TA Raven tome users recently.

• Options
    I need them to separate the lock function from the favorites function because I want to lock some of these units so I don't accidentally lose them for whatever reason but then I have actual favorites I would like to populate the very top of my list.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    Though I don't really care about this Death Blow banner, my free summon did land me a Klien who I didn't have. That's unusually good luck for me.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular

I wouldn't think so. I see the specific buffs as a way to offset the penalties of the types (armor and cavalry for limited movement, birds for weaknesses to fliers). But who knows!

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options

I wouldn't think so. I see the specific buffs as a way to offset the penalties of the types (armor and cavalry for limited movement, birds for weaknesses to fliers). But who knows!

It might make infantry too useful?

Always felt like their (non-infantry) strengths were already good enough to cover their penalties (trees, 1 MV, bows) without throwing super-buffs on top.

Right now it's to the point where the only infantry that ever makes it to higher difficulty content at the moment are dancers, blade tome users, quad bows (now dethroned by Lyn) or someone filling a niche roll they don't have a pony/armor available to fill instead.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Considering the likes of Infantry Pulse and Guidance, and Wrath not being inheritable by flyers or cavs, it seems like they are trying to improve infantry without releasing "Hone Infantry"-type skills. Which I definitely appreciate, since that kind of team is already stale. They haven't pulled it off yet, though.

• Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    i can see something like hone swords etc before a full infantry buff. that or hone infantry comes with a negative buff to not make it op

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Personally I can't wait for Hone Kagero.

• Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    4,908 demotion marks an end to 5 weeks in T20. Calling it because I won't stay in next week anyway because of no armoured/Bike bonus units, I'll rebound when TBK comes out.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    I think I've decided my next project is gonna be to turn Female Robin into a Gronnraven Lyn killer. Brave Lyn is just getting way too common and I need more ways to deal with her for the literally every arena assault mission she's in (it's worse than Reinhardt). Of course, stupid me, I ate my last Roy just to get Ninian TA3 :( I'm hoping I'll pull another. In the mean time I can farm some SP and get ready to promote a Cecilia though...

TBH, part of me wants to merge all my Female Robins together, but that is a longer term project :)

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Only project left for me at the moment is to level up and promote Alphonse. He is currently 3* but I already gave him defiant defense and brash assault to work on and pair with his own 5* sword because SOMEONE has to use those skills.

There is always the option of going crazy and sacrificing my only BIke to Nephenee for the steady breath, although I would throw the 4* Black knight at her first for steady stance so that she can then take steady breath and aether.

I'm hoping the coins or whatever we get from arena assault lets us buy skills to avoid such a fate for poor Bike.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Only project left for me at the moment is to level up and promote Alphonse. He is currently 3* but I already gave him defiant defense and brash assault to work on and pair with his own 5* sword because SOMEONE has to use those skills.

There is always the option of going crazy and sacrificing my only BIke to Nephenee for the steady breath, although I would throw the 4* Black knight at her first for steady stance so that she can then take steady breath and aether.

I'm hoping the coins or whatever we get from arena assault lets us buy skills to avoid such a fate for poor Bike.

There is only one way to Nephenee

Fury Nephenee

Summoner Support Nephenee

Enjoy your new god.

• Options
    edited September 2017

There is only one way to Nephenee

Fury Nephenee

Summoner Support Nephenee

Enjoy your new god.

There are two ways; both get the summoner support she deserves.

Fury Moonbow / Bonfire + QP Nephenee

and

Aether + Steady Breath + QP I'm-going-to-blow-through-this-Tempest-FIGHT-ME-BK Nephenee.

I'm out of Hinatas though and spending 20K on fury always feels so awful.

Talith on
    7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Ugh, I've probably gone through 30-something fights, and I just can't get a deathless streak with all these bowlyn and brave ike teams. I guess for the first time in months, I'll just have to fall out of the 4 orb range :(

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    Lemme tell you, my +Res TA Raven Boey is doing WORK in this new arena meta. He takes down Lyn and Reinhardt easily, my Celica cleans up Bike, and after that who cares? So worth the investment.

• Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    I used to be able to hang in tiers 19-20 with 4810 points. Not this week! I am ranked nearly 12000 and will head to tier 18. Still 4 orb territory which is great, but bow Lynn and Bike have really made a difference.

• Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    I've done pretty much all content with 3/4 or 4/4 infantry teams.

Theme teams being brainlessly effective doesn't make infantry incompetent.

• Options
    The problem isn't taking down bow lyn herself, it's that I can't engage any of the other characters with her there.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Man, I really need get Anna to 5-stars at some point.

And Alphonse I guess

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
  • Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Delzhand wrote: »

Yea, killer weapons with Steady Breath means Bonfires on every counter. He's like BIke with a worse showing against mages but more special damage.

• Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Yeah, with that res/spd and no distance counter/vantage, he's mage meat. His only defense is panic ploy and if that doesn't land, even some red mages can kill him without much help.
    Ardor wrote: »
    I used to be able to hang in tiers 19-20 with 4810 points. Not this week! I am ranked nearly 12000 and will head to tier 18. Still 4 orb territory which is great, but bow Lynn and Bike have really made a difference.

The border must be really tight—4824 moved me to 20 today.

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    So I've discovered that leveling is far, far easier if you do it one character at a time. I've been taking a max level dancer/healer/attacker and the unit to be leveled and just spamming tower refresh until I get a map that's mostly advantage units. Olivia gives extra turns, Sakura heals chip damage, and Cherche picks off any off-color dangers.

• Options
    Corp.ShephardCorp.Shephard Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Delzhand wrote: »
    So I've discovered that leveling is far, far easier if you do it one character at a time. I've been taking a max level dancer/healer/attacker and the unit to be leveled and just spamming tower refresh until I get a map that's mostly advantage units. Olivia gives extra turns, Sakura heals chip damage, and Cherche picks off any off-color dangers.

Yeah. For me leveling is either a careful explosion of experience for a 1-2 units with dancer/healer support OR a bunch of auto-battling with a full team. The key to spamming auto-battles is to have the fully upgraded castle for EXP rewards and to just fight things that you over-level. Works great for 1-20 for inherit and merge fodder.

The four-man group is good for grinding while doing cooking or something. Queue up a battle, let them fight it out, come back two minutes later when I have time and set up another one. Slow and steady.

Corp.Shephard on
  • Options
    homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    I wish I had a reason to use all these crystals. If I'm just leveling someone to promote for SI, then I only need to get them to 20, which crystals can't be used for, only shards. If I'm leveling someone past 20, it because I'm going to actually use them and thus I'll fight to get the SP from kills.

Edit: Well, I guess I could use them to unlock the 5* level 40 comments for units I'm not going to use.

homogenized on
  • Options
    KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    I use the crystals for 4* units I may need. They always have more than enough SP for the partial sets and if you're planning on promoting getting the extra SP from going to a level 40 4* is handy for any inherited skills.

• Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    Hm, I have exactly two Lukas, one's +Atk/-Res and the other is +Def/-Res. I wonder which one I should build when I finally get around to him...

And leveling up a single unit is a pretty quick process. My leveling team is Olivia + Azura + Elise/Weapon Valor unit. It takes maybe 30 minutes to get them into the 30's? I might be underestimating just a little.

• Options
    I wish I had a reason to use all these crystals. If I'm just leveling someone to promote for SI, then I only need to get them to 20, which crystals can't be used for, only shards. If I'm leveling someone past 20, it because I'm going to actually use them and thus I'll fight to get the SP from kills.

Edit: Well, I guess I could use them to unlock the 5* level 40 comments for units I'm not going to use.

I mostly use them for missions that require kills with a specific character. Beat a level 35 FRobin with FRobin? I don't want to level her, so I do it with crystals.

• Options
    Just got my second Oscar. I'm not even mad, because I've got 2 Elincias and 2 Oscars from my last 25ish orbs.

• Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    Ike/Soren/Titania/Mist are half of the tempest trial bonus units.

• Options
    Kelor wrote: »
    Ike/Soren/Titania/Mist are half of the tempest trial bonus units.

The other half is the nephenee/elencia/oscar banner, and Black Knight

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    I've been trying to pull some more reds in the hopes of getting a Roy, but no dice so far. In the process I did get a second Nephanee, +SPD/-ATK so I merged her into my other one. not Somehow getting Tharjas, but every one is -ATK somehow. I just want one perfect IV Tharja that I can promote and merge into my bad IV 5* one... Bleh.

With the arena feathers I did promote Cecilia for Robin to eat :P Need to farm more SP for Gronnraven+ though (and eventually TA3 if I ever pull that Roy)

Warlock82 on