As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[SysAdmin] More like unItanium.

• Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    Also, it's not like they're facebook or twitter or whatever. How do they have enough volume that performance is a problem?

• Options
    wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    It's probably running on this.

2xbxx2vd11zy.png

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    LD50 wrote: »
    Also, it's not like they're facebook or twitter or whatever. How do they have enough volume that performance is a problem?

knowing what I know:
    • Running on "old but new" hardware that was sold at a premium (the company probably specced it out at the beginning of the project, bought it, and it took them 5 years to deploy), instead of using a virtualized or hosted system for upgradability (GOTTA MILK THEM UPGRADE DOLLARS BOYS)
    • Using a default install of MSSQL that isn't performance tuned
    • Using technology that makes no sense for the project (Java RESTful stuff with a Java applet running on a website (think the cisco ASDM, but now it has to do more than interface with a small router/firewall tool))

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    Google the fun that Michigan has had with their Secretary of State software. It's all too common for those contracts to be just money grabs.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    lwt1973 wrote: »
    Google the fun that Michigan has had with their Secretary of State software. It's all too common for those contracts to be just money grabs.

jesus christ

I have no idea how these big companies stay in business

it's almost like they get carried based off their name alone and then just kind of do a half assed job for 100% of the money, and then when they fail to deliver settle and give them back 25%. So do 50% of the work and make 75% of the original paycheck.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    bowen wrote: »

jesus christ

it's almost like they get carried based off their name alone and then just kind of do a half assed job for 100% of the money, and then when they fail to deliver settle and give them back 25%. So do 50% of the work and make 75% of the original paycheck.

weclome to the world government contracting.

Actually, if you *really* want to see a fucked up one, Google "Phoenix Pay System Canada"

Government of Canada wanted a new payroll system. It's gone so badly taht 2+ years later there are literally still government workers WHO ARE NOT GETTING PAID

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Options
    I am in the wrong business, I should get my brother to go in as a silent partner so I can use his disability/vet status to secure high profile contracts.

• Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    Still that's a multinational corporation. They should have had something that's basically COTS internally ready to go to deploy that's been in use for decades at that point.

My city paid some guys in California to come out and do a 5-mile P2P wireless link. It cost them $75,000 to do.
    • They didn't give any of us locals an opportunity to bid for the project.
    • It went right through one of our towers. Like, physically, it shot directly into our tower, and it didn't work, and it just increased the noise floor for us.
    • They used 5.8 Ghz to do it. Meaning unlicensed. Meaning they paid $75,000 for a P2P link that, at the time, cost about $1,500 in parts. Nowadays closer to $2,000. For the money they spent, they could have had a licensed backhaul. 18 Ghz would have done it. 11 Ghz would have done it. Mind you, those cost between $4,000 and $13,000 to put up. Still not $75,000. Or they could have used frequencies provisioned for local government used. Equipment cost for those range between $5,000 and $30,000. Still not $75,000.
    • When I called them to complain about all of this, they tried weaseling free support out of me for it. They didn't get it, but damn did they try. I eventually said, "If you want me to support it, ask me and the other local WISPs to bid for the job. If not, you better see if there's a warranty on your labor."

To date, I haven't let this go. This is the lens through which I observe all of their other projects.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    Are you talking like a site-to-site link or something? Or straight up wifi type stuff?

Yeah you could easily set up a backhaul for like 10k and have no issues assuming you know what the fuck you're doing (I don't but I bet I could figure it out over a few weeks).

75k seems ultra low for that kind of work though, I'd say 150-200k for that project.

• Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
  • Options
    I get a ticket assigned to me because it's asking for meeting room objects to be created. Those meeting rooms already exist. Ask the user who submitted the ticket, and her custom outlook view she created probably 3 years ago to display all the meeting rooms in the calendar section of outlook doesn't have them, so they clearly don't exist, and no amount of explaining seems to be convincing her that no, that's a manually generated list she created so no, new objects don't automatically appear in it, and the rooms are actually there.

Thew the ticket back to T1.

• Options
    Yeah $500 in hardware, think about payroll, insurance, support, downtime as a contractor, etc.

Much higher than that.

$100k would be fair, if you're doing it.

If it's a set it and forget it, I'd probably still charge $10k+ for the day.

• Options
    edited October 2017
    Yeah $500 in hardware, think about payroll, insurance, support, downtime as a contractor, etc.

Much higher than that.

$100k would be fair, if you're doing it.

If it's a set it and forget it, I'd probably still charge $10k+ for the day.

If they paid me to do it, I spend, at most, 3 hours planning it, $5K in hardware, licensing costs, coordination, and I pay a couple of tower climbers $100/hr for 4 hours to put up the dishes on both ends.

Yeah, I'd charge about $10K, maybe. But that's for a licensed link, where it legitimately is set it and forget it.

They used 5.8 Ghz. That's unlicensed. A wifi router could interfere with it and then:
    • They don't know how to troubleshoot it
    • They ask me to fix it for free, which I won't
    • They pay the same contractor a ton of money to change the frequency. This takes about a minute to do, and requires some observation before and after the change. They make no such observations, they just flip it, get their check, and leave again.

Like, I do this shit on a weekly basis. $75K is highway robbery. That it was unlicensed is insult to injury.

Thawmus on
  • Options
    You're a municipality or ISP right thawmus?

A 3rd party vendor should probably charge 100K on that if it's not their primary business. If it's something they do all the time, 10kish ezpz.

• Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    wunderbar wrote: »

jesus christ

weclome to the world government contracting.

Actually, if you *really* want to see a fucked up one, Google "Phoenix Pay System Canada"

Government of Canada wanted a new payroll system. It's gone so badly taht 2+ years later there are literally still government workers WHO ARE NOT GETTING PAID

Why are they building their own instead of using an outside vendor such as ADP?

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    I've installed several of these off the shelf, 5ghz p2p wireless systems for a bunch of my contracted clients. Granted we weren't pushing 5 miles nor did it involve climbing towers, but the hardware I installed was capable. It would have been another few hundred of I had to charge separately for labor, but the entire system was super cheap and easy to set up.

• Options
    You're a municipality or ISP right thawmus?

A 3rd party vendor should probably charge 100K on that if it's not their primary business. If it's something they do all the time, 10kish ezpz.

Yeah, I'm a WISP.

This was these guys' primary business. They go all over the country putting this stuff up. Like I said, they contracted them from California. But they didn't even do basic spectrum analysis beforehand.

I will admit that I could get away with less work than most because I wouldn't have to climb anything with a radio for an initial scan, because I already have shit up in the air, at these locations, I could scan with.

Basically, my stance is:

1. The city should be trying to source local businesses for this shit. At least ask them for a bid, FFS. Tired of my tax money going to out-of-state contractors that don't know what they're doing.

2. That contractor sucks and should be put out of business.

• Options
    edited October 2017
    That_Guy wrote: »
    I've installed several of these off the shelf, 5ghz p2p wireless systems for a bunch of my contracted clients. Granted we weren't pushing 5 miles nor did it involve climbing towers, but the hardware I installed was capable. It would have been another few hundred of I had to charge separately for labor, but the entire system was super cheap and easy to set up.

Once you start pushing 5 miles, it's definitely in your interest to look at 11 Ghz prism radios instead. The upshot is that after you install it, aside from weather damage, you'll never re-visit it. We have lots of 3-10 mile 5.8 Ghz backhauls, and we're slowly taking them out of service. Partially because of throughput, but mainly because the frequency space is just getting tighter and tighter every year. EDIT: 11 Ghz Prism radios, dishes, the works, plus the licensing, is a little less than $5K. But man can you get a lot of throughput and if someone interferes, sic the FCC on them.

But yeah, Powerbeams are amazing, we use them for CPE's almost exclusively nowadays, and I'll occasionally put one up as a backup link if I have 3 towers that can see each other, tell OSPF to weight it towards my AirFiber link, and if one tower goes down, the Powerbeam is handling the traffic instead. Not fantastic throughput with them, but sufficient for individual customers or a backup.

Thawmus on
  • Options
    I'm of the opinion that cities and states should have departments to handle this stuff without contracting.

The #1 thing that inflates our costs in government spending is because we have so much contracting and you could easily slash budgets in half if you stopped giving billions of dollars to companies to line someone's pocket.

• Options
    I'm of the opinion that cities and states should have departments to handle this stuff without contracting.

The #1 thing that inflates our costs in government spending is because we have so much contracting and you could easily slash budgets in half if you stopped giving billions of dollars to companies to line someone's pocket.

I applied for their IT department about 6 years ago. They are basically just a Help Desk. They were super interested in tickets. They made no administrative decisions about their environment whatsoever. No Network admin, no sysadmin. They pay contractors to come in and make administrative decisions, instead.

Not surprising, right? I mean, irritating, but not surprising. Wait for it:

Everyone in the IT department is on call 24/7 for the 911 system. Meaning that this system that they don't administrate, that they have nothing to do with ever, that they didn't implement, they don't touch, ever: They have to fix that fucking thing at any given time with no real experience with it at all, at any given hour, on any given day. When I asked how often they get called in for it, they looked at each other, and replied unanimously "It's a lot."

I was not disappointed when I got the "Sorry not sorry" letter, later.

• Options
    there's no way I'd take that job unless it was like 150k+ a year, even as a helpdesk level 1 tech

• Options
    RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    I am glad I don't work for the NYPD today.
    https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2017/10/nypd-database-that-tracks-seized-evidence-and-cash-has-no-backup/
    As part of an ongoing legal battle to get the New York City Police Department to track money police have grabbed in cash forfeitures, an attorney for the city told a Manhattan judge on October 17 that part of the reason the NYPD can't comply with such requests is that the department's evidence database has no backup. If the database servers that power NYPD's Property and Evidence Tracking System (PETS)—designed and installed by Capgemini under a $25.5 million contract between 2009 and 2012—were to fail, all data on stored evidence would simply cease to exist.

Courthouse News reported that Manhattan Supreme Court judge Arlene Bluth responded repeatedly to the city's attorney with the same phrase: “That’s insane.”

Last year, NYPD’s Assistant Deputy Commissioner Robert Messner told the City Council's public safety committee that “attempts to perform the types of searches envisioned in the bill will lead to system crashes and significant delays during the intake and release process.” The claim was key to the department’s refusal to provide the data accounting for the approximately $6 million seized in cash and property every year. As of 2013, according to the nonprofit group Bronx Defenders, the NYPD was carrying a balance sheet of more than $68 million in cash seized.

City attorney Neil Giovanatti continued that line of argument. He claimed that the NYPD doesn’t have the technical capability to pull an audit report from its forfeiture database—because the system wasn’t designed to do that.
    Oh good our parent company is partly using Capgemini to set up our new ERP (or whatever) system.

• Options
    SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    I could setup a 5 mile p2p link in an afternoon for less than 500 bucks.

https://www.amazon.com/Ubiquiti-PBE-M5-400-2-pack-PowerBeam-AirMAX/dp/B00UZ03UUW/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1508426342&sr=1-1&keywords=ubiquiti+airmax

That's bordering on criminal levels of overcharging.

I have two Rocket M5s with dish antennas (narrow beam) that covers 22.18km (according to Google Maps) and getting at least 100mbps according to my client. They've been up for years in the nice WI weather and I've never heard so much as a peep from my client about any connection issues.

We're replacing all the M5s (16 in total) with the new Rocket Prism AC Gen2 devices (or at least we would be if Ubiquiti could produce them fast enough). I'm eager to see if they'll pull the max 500mbps once in place.

• Options
    SeñorAmor wrote: »

https://www.amazon.com/Ubiquiti-PBE-M5-400-2-pack-PowerBeam-AirMAX/dp/B00UZ03UUW/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1508426342&sr=1-1&keywords=ubiquiti+airmax

I have two Rocket M5s with dish antennas (narrow beam) that covers 22.18km (according to Google Maps) and getting at least 100mbps according to my client. They've been up for years in the nice WI weather and I've never heard so much as a peep from my client about any connection issues.

We're replacing all the M5s (16 in total) with the new Rocket Prism AC Gen2 devices (or at least we would be if Ubiquiti could produce them fast enough). I'm eager to see if they'll pull the max 500mbps once in place.

I'm very happy with Prism Gen2's. I've only used a couple for backhauls, and I was able to get close to 300 Mbps (real TCP throughput, not air transfer rates). On sectors they're amazing, but I sincerely doubt anyone here cares to hear about that. Keep in mind that to get those higher transfer rates you're talking about, you have to open it up to 40-80 Mhz channels, and our noise floor is so high I can't do more than a 20 Mhz channel without eating a lot of signal loss. I just got word that there's yet another startup nearby that wants to get in on this WISP action, so I'm looking forward to that noise floor being at about -78 to -77 soon. Super....excited...about that. Competition is good, for, someone?

Anyways, if you've had them up in the air without problems, just use the same frequency and try that larger channel, I think you'll hit it.

Most of my P2P 5Ghz links today are AirFiber5X, and they usually get about 180-270 Mbps (real TCP throughput). But, again, 20 Mhz channels. Then of course I have AirFiber 24's in the air here and there and those do 700 Mbps. The HD's, which I do not have, do 1.1 Gbps.

I think you can see why I'm just going to move to licensed 11 Ghz backhauls and replace my M5 and AF5X gear entirely. I won't be boasting about huge speeds, usually about 300 Mbps or a bit more, but damn will it be nice to stop changing frequencies just because other people keep toggling theirs. Or their friends challenge them to start a WISP in the middle of a hotly contested area by 5 others already, over drinks at a bar.

• Options
    WISP technology seems neat but I have no idea how that works with a landline connection, who supplies the "base internet"?

• Options
    WISP technology seems neat but I have no idea how that works with a landline connection, who supplies the "base internet"?

One of the WISP companies around here have airfiber backhauls peering directly with Lv3.

• Options
    SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    Thawmus wrote: »

I'm very happy with Prism Gen2's. I've only used a couple for backhauls, and I was able to get close to 300 Mbps (real TCP throughput, not air transfer rates). On sectors they're amazing, but I sincerely doubt anyone here cares to hear about that. Keep in mind that to get those higher transfer rates you're talking about, you have to open it up to 40-80 Mhz channels, and our noise floor is so high I can't do more than a 20 Mhz channel without eating a lot of signal loss. I just got word that there's yet another startup nearby that wants to get in on this WISP action, so I'm looking forward to that noise floor being at about -78 to -77 soon. Super....excited...about that. Competition is good, for, someone?

Anyways, if you've had them up in the air without problems, just use the same frequency and try that larger channel, I think you'll hit it.

Most of my P2P 5Ghz links today are AirFiber5X, and they usually get about 180-270 Mbps (real TCP throughput). But, again, 20 Mhz channels. Then of course I have AirFiber 24's in the air here and there and those do 700 Mbps. The HD's, which I do not have, do 1.1 Gbps.

I think you can see why I'm just going to move to licensed 11 Ghz backhauls and replace my M5 and AF5X gear entirely. I won't be boasting about huge speeds, usually about 300 Mbps or a bit more, but damn will it be nice to stop changing frequencies just because other people keep toggling theirs. Or their friends challenge them to start a WISP in the middle of a hotly contested area by 5 others already, over drinks at a bar.

This is for a government project and I would have loved to be in the public safety band but Ubiquiti refused to release their PS firmware to either me or the government entity I'm working with. They kept referring us to the FCC, who told us, "Yeah, we don't care if you use it. Here's our blessing." and we'd go back to Ubiquiti who'd send us right back. Eventually we just said "fuck it" and stayed on the somewhat crowded 5ghz spectrum.

There's a local WISP that has towers near the towers we're on and we can definitely see their devices (also Ubiquiti). I'm not a WISP guy but I suspect they don't have their devices set up properly because they didn't seem too keen about us putting up our devices.

Oh well, I guess. I'm at the point now where I'm just providing equipment. I no longer have to deal with setting it up or arguing with others who use 5ghz stuff. *shrug*

• Options
    How do you deliver to the house? Set up a ubiquiti device on their property?

• Options

That's how they do it around here. They have equipment up on a bunch of mountains pointing at the valleys below. They come out to the site to install the receiver and hook it into the existing wiring. It's a pretty slick setup.

• Options

You need fiber PoPs peppered here and there. You can wirelessly backhaul for a while, but eventually you need another PoP so you don't have a tower provider who knows you need them to keep your entire infrastructure in place. Been there, done that.

So, say you have a home office, you have fiber there, we'll say 300 Mbps. Then you use wireless backhauls to other towers nearby. Daisy chain outward to about 3-4 hops, then stop. Then you set up more fiber PoPs on the outer edge, and do it all over again.

Where you get those PoPs is where things get interesting. Fiber providers will surprise you with where they are in rural areas, there's lots of spitballing, until you find sites where you trust the tower provider, you trust the power (an issue in rural areas), you can use a shed or an enclosure that the fiber provider will approve of, etc. Then you just line it up to get done.

Some folks use cable providers. I'm not a fan. They get weird about reselling, and will give you two answers when you ask them if you can. Fiber providers don't sweat it if you tell them you're reselling it. They expect that. Cable providers act like you slapped them in the face.

Yep, usually roof-mounted like a DirectTV dish, pointed at the tower. Outdoor Cat5 down an outside wall, into the PoE brick. Ubiquiti makes AirGateways, which are just an addon to the PoE brick, but they're a cheap wireless router.

• Options
    Thawmus wrote: »

This is for a government project and I would have loved to be in the public safety band but Ubiquiti refused to release their PS firmware to either me or the government entity I'm working with. They kept referring us to the FCC, who told us, "Yeah, we don't care if you use it. Here's our blessing." and we'd go back to Ubiquiti who'd send us right back. Eventually we just said "fuck it" and stayed on the somewhat crowded 5ghz spectrum.

There's a local WISP that has towers near the towers we're on and we can definitely see their devices (also Ubiquiti). I'm not a WISP guy but I suspect they don't have their devices set up properly because they didn't seem too keen about us putting up our devices.

Oh well, I guess. I'm at the point now where I'm just providing equipment. I no longer have to deal with setting it up or arguing with others who use 5ghz stuff. *shrug*

I see.

Re: Frowny WISPs:

I'm not sure of their situation, but for myself I can say that while I understand why people set up their own P2P's, and don't want to discourage them, they do make my job harder. Even if you're not using the same frequency, you're adding to the noise floor, and you're taking up spectrum either myself or my competitors can't use now (which, with my competitors, tends to be a domino effect, sometimes a cyclical one). Which, again, I cannot stress enough, it is your legal right to do so, I am not discouraging you from doing so, just from a planning perspective, it has me cross off a future option. Some guys respond to that poorly. I respond to it pretty well, because I shit-can towers and set up new ones all the time. I refuse to treat anyone's tower like it's a lynchpin. So if the noise floor increases, okay, if I need to branch out, I need a new tower away from your P2P, not a big deal. And nowadays, I'm trying to move to 11 Ghz backhauls so that I care a lot less.

• Options
    CogCog What'd you expect? Registered User regular
    Some of our clients are local level government - police departments, county level administration, etc.

When I do run into IT guys at those places, which is exceedingly rare, they are uniformally idiots.

My guess is that when local government budget cuts happen, IT is one of the first functions to get the axe.

• Options
    I seem to recall we had a discussion in D&D about this a year ago, and someone said it basically boils down to political turnover rates always being high, and that IT guys are generally seen as fat you can trim, because no matter how busy they are, there's always a non-zero amount of time when they're not doing anything at all. Or, something that others would interpret as nothing.

• Options
    Fuck I could probably keep myself busy for decades in a municipality IT department.

• Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Yup. Got laid off 5 years ago because they "didn't need an IT department" despite the fact it was two of us for the entire city, and they have had issues ever since. I've mostly been able to laugh at those issues because they aren't my problem.

Fortunately the police hired me back (at a lower salary) because they realized how invaluable having IT on site can be when you run a dozen pieces of specialized software because state and federal systems never agree or use standards and I was already familiar with them all. Still hurts though because my budget is nearly the last considered after everything else, so I make do with what I have most of the time. Get jokes all the time that all I do is sit in my office. I don't mind though, it's a healthy environment most of the time, and current administration appreciates and defends my position against budget cuts.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    picking up some slack from the exchange guys since I have rights
    need to get a user access to a shared mailbox

k, k, this isn't too hard
    Add-MailboxPermission -Identity "Shared Box" -user "User Name" -AccessRights FullAccess

bam!

"uh I still don't have send-as rights"

*googles*

MS what
    Add-RecipientPermission -Identity "Shared Box" -AccessRights SendAs -Trustee "User Name"

what... why is this called a recipient permission???

(looks at helpfile)

"Use the Add-RecipientPermission cmdlet to add SendAs permission to users in a cloud-based organization."

"AccessRights|Required|The AccessRights parameter specifies the permission. Valid input for this parameter is SendAs."

all this command can do is add send-as rights

why isn't it called "Add-SendAsPermission"

why... why isn't it part of the normal mailbox permissions?

ms pls

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    Aioua wrote: »

Add-MailboxPermission -Identity "Shared Box" -user "User Name" -AccessRights FullAccess

bam!

*googles*

MS what
    Add-RecipientPermission -Identity "Shared Box" -AccessRights SendAs -Trustee "User Name"

(looks at helpfile)

"Use the Add-RecipientPermission cmdlet to add SendAs permission to users in a cloud-based organization."

"AccessRights|Required|The AccessRights parameter specifies the permission. Valid input for this parameter is SendAs."

ms pls

For the last part, there are a lot of instances where you want someone to have access to a mailbox without the ability to send from that account. I am 100% fine with them being separate permission trees entirely.

the syntax on powershell for send as is dumb though, yes.

• Options
    SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »

bam!

*googles*

MS what

(looks at helpfile)

ms pls

SendAs is not a mailbox permission, it is an impersonation process. The target of that permission (the Recipient) can be mailboxes, contacts, or distribution groups.

As for why not call it "SendAsPermission"? That limits the function to one purpose. If they were to develop other mail features that might require additional permissions regarding Recipients, the existing function can be extended simply by adding additional options to the AccessRights property.

Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2017
    but why 'recipient'

that's the part that confuses me

it seems like a really weird thing to pick for like, the class of objects that can send mail

Aioua on
    life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    MyiagrosMyiagros Registered User regular
    All this fancy wireless talk makes me want to find someone that lives between my house and the closest town that can get a fast connection and pay them to get a second connection and beam it to my house. I'm stuck on 5Mb DSL while my boss is about 6km away running 100Mb cable.

iRevert wrote: »
    Because if you're going to attempt to squeeze that big black monster into your slot you will need to be able to take at least 12 inches or else you're going to have a bad time...
    Steam: MyiagrosX27
This discussion has been closed.