As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NBA] LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Due to Mother's Day stuff I'm just now turning this on.

I approve.

• Options
    Never mind.

Should never have turned it on.

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    I think the Spurs can win this series

Curry can't do that every night

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Curry is sporting the most offensive playoff beard in the NBA.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    Spurs forgot how to move the ball, and rebound

Refs forgot the rules of the game

Still had a chance despite all that other bull shit.

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    Zaza should be banned from the series and fined for stepping under Kawhi

it has to end

• Options
    So I just watched the replay of that, and yeah that sucks, but you guys are being ridiculous.

I thought was about to witness a murder or something.

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »
    So I just watched the replay of that, and yeah that sucks, but you guys are being ridiculous.

I thought was about to witness a murder or something.

The Zaza play was bad because not only was it an obviously dirty play with no legitimate basketball purpose, but it was the also the single biggest turning point in the game.

Zaza pulls that bullshit, Leonard goes out, the warriors immediately go on a 16-0 run and San Antonio looks fucking lost. Most dirty plays are whatever, this one completely changed the outcome of the game.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    That foul was more egregious than Curry's beard. That's how heinous it is.

• Options
  • Options
    According to my NBA app Leonard has been ruled out of Game 2.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Nor should he be. That was some dirty shit, and it basically ends the series when it was looking like the Spurs really had something v gsw.

Turns out having the best coach and the best defensive wing in the league lets you do a whole lot.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    This can be argued and it was dirty but... I don't think The Spurs win this series even with a healthy Leonard.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Manslaughter is a bit over the top.

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    This can be argued and it was dirty but... I don't think The Spurs win this series even with a healthy Leonard.

Hard to say we didn't have a shot though with that game in evidence.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options

No, probably not. But we'll never know now, and it could have been a really interesting, fun series to watch in a playoffs that has been generally lacking in them.

Spurs are so slow on defense without Leonard that GSW is just going to eat them alive now.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    Manslaughter is a bit over the top.

Was probably the best example he could come up with.

It's the same argument I use to hate Kelly Olynyk.

It doesn't matter if you intended to hurt Kawhi/Love/Wall or not, what matters is that you play in a reckless way that you know is possible to seriously injure people with and yet you keep on doing it. That's as bad as having intent.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Right now I'm 100% in GO WIZARDS mode.

• Options
    Celts too clutch

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    I just want LeBron to murder everyone on his way to another ring so the "LeBron has surpassed Jordan" takes can start.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Hot take: LeBron is better than Jordan.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    Olynik managing to make me hate him even more by somehow carrying the mediocre ass Celtics through this game.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Look, I know there are some garbage teams in the NBA, but you can't look at the turnaround the Celtics have had in the past two years and call them "mediocre." That would imply the only good team in the East is the Cavs.

E: we should have put it away on Friday, but I'll take the game 7 win at home. Fuck yeah.

Fawst on
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Fawst wrote: »
    Look, I know there are some garbage teams in the NBA, but you can't look at the turnaround the Celtics have had in the past two years and call them "mediocre." That would imply the only good team in the East is the Cavs.

The only good team in the east is the cavs. I don't think that's a particularly hot take.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    simosimo Registered User regular
    kelly olynyk 26 points

kelly oubre 6 seconds

bugss2.jpg
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular

Yes, and?

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    Wizards ran out of plays besides Beal dribbling the shot clock down

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited May 2017
    On the one hand I'm very sad the Celtics won. And I'm also very unhappy that Olynyk had a good game because he's especially awful.

On the other hand, whichever team got through was going to get obliterated by the Cavaliers and it will be a lot of fun to see that happen to the Celtics.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    Legit question: are the Cavs the only good team in the East, or are they the only team with LeBron? The idea that a team is only good if it has an elite player is ridiculous to me, and it's part of why I rank the NBA third out of the big four (baseball is just fucking boring).

• Options
    The Cavs have two other legit all stars.

If all it took was Lebron to win the conference every year he would have never left Cleveland.

• Options
    edited May 2017
    Legit question: are the Cavs the only good team in the East, or are they the only team with LeBron? The idea that a team is only good if it has an elite player is ridiculous to me, and it's part of why I rank the NBA third out of the big four (baseball is just fucking boring).

LeBron, and by extension the Cavaliers, are on a completely different level to the rest of the East. The Celtics just had two hard-fought series against the Bulls and the Wizards. Meanwhile the Cavs obliterated both of their series opponents. So if the baseline for good is the Cavaliers, then no, nobody except them is any good in the east. If the baseline for good is the Celtics, then the Cavaliers are far more than merely good.

Why are you so surprised that an elite player is a dominant and required factor in an NBA game?

There are only 5 players on the court from each team, and the court itself is extremely small compared to how many people are on it.

A single dominant player has a much bigger impact on the game than in any other sport, so, yes, in all of recorded history that have been only a handful of teams that have won without having at least a couple dominant stars on their team.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    The Celtics have IT and Horford, two All Stars. But they're apparently mediocre. I guess they would advance to "good" if they had an elite player to round them out?

• Options
    Still waiting to see how Cleveland stacks up against a team with a competent offense.

I think they got a better draw with Boston. Not that the Wizards would have won a series against them, but I think they would have been able to expose some flaws.

• Options
    The Celtics have IT and Horford, two All Stars. But they're apparently mediocre. I guess they would advance to "good" if they had an elite player to round them out?

Again, it all depends where you draw your baseline. The Cavaliers are much, much better than the Celtics, so if the Celtics are good, then the Cavaliers are transcendant.

If the Cavaliers are the baseline for good, then by definition nobody else in the East can be good.

• Options
    I fully expect to be swept by the Cavs, and I'd be a fool to claim otherwise. That said, I am hopeful that they can pull off at least one win at home.

• Options
    The Cavs have had the easiest first two opponents in the playoffs that I can ever remember.

Boston can definitely win a couple of games. I just don't think they can score enough over seven games.

• Options
    The Cavs have had the easiest first two opponents in the playoffs that I can ever remember.

Boston can definitely win a couple of games. I just don't think they can score enough over seven games.

I think the Pacers and Bucks were both better than the Bulls. Not as good as the Wizards, true.

• Options
    ArdolArdol Registered User regular
    As a Celtics fan, Bradley Beal was terrifying in that game. Apparently he's only 23? It's real easy to overlook how young some of these players actually are and how much room they still have to improve.

• Options

I think the same can be said about the Warriors. The NBA is extremely top heavy right now with the Cavs and the Warriors both being super teams. The Warriors have 2 former MVP's and two more top 15 players. The Cavs have two legit all-stars flanking the best player of this generation who is un-guardable. It's disappointing but unsurprising that either team hasn't been tested.

This discussion has been closed.