As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mass Effect Andromeda] Shepard may get a day, but Ryder gets a planet.

• Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    Lmao thanks for taking the hit for us

At this point I'd absolutely be fine with BioWare bringing back the storefront and selling literally just the N7 hoodie. Give me that sweet, sweet embroidered N7 logo.

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    I'd love to get a replacement for my N7 ME3 wallet. I've been using this bad boy for almost 8 years and its held up.well, but only I remember the beauty of its originally colored majesty.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    I bought one of them and yeah there are issues.

I bought an XL because I generally like things slightly larger than need be since I'm a 6ft guy that weighs 210lbs. What arrived would be a more appropriate fit on my roommates 5' 16 year old daughter who weighs about 120lbs. Also the zipper is on the wrong side. Also it took going through the wash five times and being febreezed multiple times to get ride of the acrid chemical odor from the what appear to be iron on patches. On top of which the pockets are so shallow you can't even reliably put a cell phone in them.

That said? It's still super comfy. I ordered a 3XL to see if that fixes the size issue and plan on just giving the current one to said roommate daughter. The pockets I can fix with some very trivial sewing effort and I'll probably add an inside pocket or two as well at which point it'll be a pretty great winter coat.

However I'm also half expecting the 3XL to show up and be exactly the same size but with a different tag on the inside collar so... yeah that should tell you everything you need ot know about the reliability of this company :P

Glad it wasn't a total loss. You'll have to let us know how the 3XL one turns out! Also, you know, pics.

• Options
    JOE_1967JOE_1967 Registered User regular
    Just started my ME2 replay today. I do love this game. And yes, although we're fleeing an exploding spaceship overrun by hostile mechs, I'm still going to poke in every corner, hack every iPad and crack every wall safe I find.

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    edited October 2019
    If you want a better version of that hoodie, this is probably the Etsy store that they stole the idea from: https://www.etsy.com/listing/727391764/mass-effect-commander-shepard-zipper

The Etsy shop probably sizes better, too, since the knock off is likely from China and Chinese knock-offs are always sized small.

Cambiata on
    "If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    JOE_1967JOE_1967 Registered User regular
    And Zaeed was the first character I recruited into my party. Not by choice, necessarily -- the Illusive Man sends you to Omega to recruit Mordin, and just as you step off the Normandy II, you see this scarred dude putting the boot to a Batarian, and ...

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Still salty about no Femshep Zaeed. Renegades need murder spouses.

• Options
    Still salty about no Femshep Zaeed. Renegades need murder spouses.

Trouble with that is, only Zaeed would make it out alive.

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Femshep is already back from the dead, so that paradox is solved.

• Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    BTW, just a little head's up:

In case you know anybody who hasn't played the Shepard trilogy, EA has finally put some of their games on the Humble Store. To celebrate this, for the next week, a bunch of EA games are on sale. Of particular relevance to this thread, Mass Effect Trilogy is currently sitting at 50% off ($15 USD). If you have an active Humble Monthly subscription, it'll have another 10% knocked off (so, $14.24).

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    It's at £20 here, which is significantly more than $15 (the pound hasn't crashed that far yet). Regional shenanigans by cheeky buggers.

• Options
    Just seen this. ME3 Control ending epilogue:
    b9vqysh5rt0d.jpg

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Erlkönig wrote: »

In case you know anybody who hasn't played the Shepard trilogy, EA has finally put some of their games on the Humble Store. To celebrate this, for the next week, a bunch of EA games are on sale. Of particular relevance to this thread, Mass Effect Trilogy is currently sitting at 50% off ($15 USD). If you have an active Humble Monthly subscription, it'll have another 10% knocked off (so, $14.24).

One day they'll mark down the dlc.

Some day.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    DoublySymmetricDoublySymmetric Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »

Some day.

They actually did on the EA storefront a while ago. It wasn't down enough to move me to buy DLC for a pair of games that are, what, 9 and 8 years old now?

Steam - DoublySymmetric (43687993)
    Blizz ID - DoublySymm#1758
  • Options
    Shadowfire wrote: »

Some day.

When they did that last I did grab them all. PC was my secondary platform for it (Xbox 360 was the primary) but it was nice to finally complete the set on it for not outrageous money. It's stupid that normally the DLC costs so much more than the games.

• Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »
    Just seen this. ME3 Control ending epilogue:
    b9vqysh5rt0d.jpg

Remember seeing a webcomic where the Reapers were spelling out Garrus' name with mass relay debris and assumed it was Cambiata out there

• Options
  • Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Some people just want to watch the fandoms burn

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Why... why does the PAX logo look like it's covered in fluid?

Sorce on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    I suspect the fewer questions we ask, the better.

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    So ages ago they put up those Tempest replicas for preorder and I grabbed one.

It finally arrived today and I was all excited to post a picture here of it saying hey this dumb thing I ordered and don't have shelf space for arrived.

Hey this dumb thing I ordered and don't have shelf space for arrived and one of the wings had been snapped off when I took it out of the packaging.
    1B5WRsyl.jpg

Hooray.

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Well that blows

• Options
    edited October 2019
    They've offered a replacement once this one gets sent back to them, but also they only made 500 of the things so i'm going to assume once it gets there they'll say "sorry we don't have any more here's a refund instead" and i'll just have wasted a year of my life looking forward to this thing.

Aistan on
  • Options
    That's huge yikes :/ Is that die-cast?

• Options
    No it's some kind of resin. The thing is 18" long if it was made of metal it'd be like a thousand dollars.

• Options
    StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    Maybe it's supposed to be broken like that and we just aren't appreciating their artistic vision?

• Options
    Strikor wrote: »
    Maybe it's supposed to be broken like that and we just aren't appreciating their artistic vision?

Like some sort of meta-commentary on some of the more, shall we say, criticized aspects of the last couple of games in the series?

• Options
    Huh, Mass Effect 2 on the Xbox One just got an update. Wonder what that was.

• Options
    Jazz wrote: »
    Huh, Mass Effect 2 on the Xbox One just got an update. Wonder what that was.

Also on PC. Looks like Origin lists it as "New add-on content has been installed"

Looking at the add-on bits, was there always a "Mass Effect 2 DLC Bundle" that unlocked everything for purchase?

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    DoublySymmetricDoublySymmetric Registered User regular
    Always? No. I believe it got added to the Origin store sometime within this current year. So if you already had all the DLC, maybe it just renamed it in game?

Steam - DoublySymmetric (43687993)
    Blizz ID - DoublySymm#1758
  • Options
    The game's tenth anniversary is coming up, too, hard as it is to wrap my head around that. I wonder if there'll be something to commemorate it.

(Please be the Bioware Store reopening...)

• Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    Is this game.any fun at all? After the inital revulsion from fans, I decided not to buy it. Now I kinda want to give it a shot.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    I always thought it was a good game.

It was nice to have a decidedly non-badass dork hero.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    Is this game.any fun at all? After the inital revulsion from fans, I decided not to buy it. Now I kinda want to give it a shot.

Umm...which game? There are four of them.

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    From the revulsion commend, I'm guessing they're referring to Andromeda.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Forar wrote: »
    From the revulsion commend, I'm guessing they're referring to Andromeda.

Revulsion was the ME3 ending

Andromeda was more people who happily buy Bethesda games making memes out of a handful of bugs :P

• Options
    edited October 2019
    The thread title is also "Mass Effect Andromeda" (and then some other stuff).

I still think it's more likely than not to be the source of the 'revulsion' in question.

ME3 was anger, and it was also over half a decade ago. It was months of coverage and bullshit. I think that one should be a settled matter for anyone willing to put in even a cursory google search.

Forar on
  • Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    Sorry, yeah. I played the first three. Andromeda is the only one I didn't buy when it first came out due to money concerns. Then I saw the reviews and never thought about it again.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    Sorry, yeah. I played the first three. Andromeda is the only one I didn't buy when it first came out due to money concerns. Then I saw the reviews and never thought about it again.

Maybe hold off until it's on sale for around $5-$10. Just my personal opinion.

• Options
    I enjoyed it. It's not perfect, there's plenty of critique to level its way, but for $10 or whatever they're charging now, it's more Mass Effect.

That there is cancelled DLC and the franchise is on hiatus will be a deal breaker for some, personally I paid full price up front and still felt I got my money's worth, even if I wouldn't rank it as my favourite of the series. Maybe I'm just easy to please (I don't think so, and I've written some extensive critiques of the game over the years), but YMMV, and I'd say the price is low enough that there's minimal harm in giving it a whirl.

Maybe wait for a Black Friday or Christmas Origin sale to be super duper sure? If it's down to $5 I'd think even people who hated it at release could begrudgingly admit it was worth that much.

This discussion has been closed.