As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mass Effect Andromeda] Shepard may get a day, but Ryder gets a planet.

• Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    Don't worry Jazz. I got the reference right the first time.

I would have said vector graphics Star Wars though.

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Star Wars came out last month!

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Got a mini helmet in, but the scaling isn't quite right. I placed a new order with Shapeways for one, but I thought ya'll might want to see this version anyway.
    wy7e7mhwywd4.jpg

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    Finally got my new machine together. Probably means another play through. And once I sober up and have some time, I'll do just that. (thank god for spell check)

• Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    Hey gentle people! I'm definitely due for a series run sometime soon, it's part of my new year's resolutions.

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    100% all sidequests, upgrades, collectibles. Time to take back some data modules from monkeys motherfucker

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    I'd offer a counter-suggestion; the Conrad Verner run, where you do everything as badly as you can. If there's a wrong resolution to a quest, you take it. If the renegade C-Sec cop wants to come with you, turn him down. And you obviously can't trust the krogan bounty hunter.
    No time to get anyone's loyalty, either.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    edited February 2020
    You have to take either Garrus or Wrex; the game doesn't allow you to skip one. What you can do, is take Wrex and then shoot him on Virmire. Then make sure Garrus doesn't survive the Suicide Mission in ME2.

FailShep is the challenge that WinShep should have been.

Sorce on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    A proper FailShep run is also nice and quick, as firstly you miss out half of ME2, and then you don't have to play ME3 at all.

• Options
    I amend it to terrain-following playing; play just well enough to complete the trilogy, but no better than that.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    That might be trickier, in theory you'd need to make sure only two squaddies survive the suicide mission (the minimum to make sure Shepard survives).

Jazz on
  • Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Gotta let Wrex survive ME1 because killing him in 3 is so so so much worse.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »
    Gotta let Wrex survive ME1 because killing him in 3 is so so so much worse.
    Naah, it's better to have Ashley kill Wrex on Virmire, then leave her with the bomb. Both are the worst of those decisions, because Kaidan is too dumb to activate Barrier when he's being attacked by space bugs.

The squaddies for ME2 are easy; Morinth and Legion. Morinth does the Banshee thing, and Legion dies when it sacrifices itself to stop the Quarians. Too bad about the red ending.

edit: I have done this run before, it's... not something I want to do ever again. Ran out of room on the Memorial Wall.

Sorce on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    There's more to failshep than pure bodycount. If Wrex makes it to ME3, the betrayal cuts that much deeper, plus you get Mordin in the deal.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »
    There's more to failshep than pure bodycount. If Wrex makes it to ME3, the betrayal cuts that much deeper, plus you get Mordin in the deal.
    I'm sorry, that would count as a success. Mordin has to die in ME2, so you can shoot his replacement in the back as he tries to save the genophage cure.
    Though this raises the question of if it's better to save or doom the krogan under Wreav's leadership, as a new round of krogan rebellions could be seen as a negative outcome anyway.

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    The conrad verner way shouldnt have betrayal in it. You have to try and be a good hero and f it up completely

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    The first time I played ME2 and unexpectedly ran into Conrad is one of my favourite Mass Effect moments.

• Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »
    The first time I played ME2 and unexpectedly ran into Conrad is one of my favourite Mass Effect moments.

I got a chuckle out of his sister being in Andromeda.

• Options
    ME3 plays better without a lot of the squadmates in my experience, though you probably want as many squaddies as possible for the Citadel dlc? I still haven't tried it (I can barely tolerate ME3 as a baseline)

Squad you should have in ME3:
    Tali (none of the Quarian stuff matters unless you care about Tali, but you still have to do it if she's gone)
    Jack (best reunion of the lot, mission is less fun without her)
    Kasumi (that sideplot is just a downer without Kasumi to save your ass, also she took you to a fancy party once)
    Thane (keeps Kai Leng from having it all his way the entire game)
    Javik (should have been part of the base game)

Squad you should have let die in ME2:
    Miranda (ME3 works better without her)
    Garrus (same)
    Samara (same)
    Zaeed (same)

Optional Squad:
    Mordin (if you want a big teary goodbye, keep him. Otherwise enjoy Padok Wiks)
    Grunt (Either way he's dead. Really depends on what you need your Hold The Line score to be)
    Legion (Not particularly necessary unless you want certain Quarian/Geth outcomes)
    Morinth (Needed if you want a Massive Casualties ME2 ending and still survive)
    Wrex/Wreav, Ashley/Kaidan (personal preference on who you want around to help or betray)
    Jacob (Do you want to talk to old useless friends, or meet new useless friends?)

I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Ringo wrote: »
    Thane (keeps Kai Leng from having it all his way the entire game)
    I loved Thane shitting on Kai Leng for letting someone with a terminal illness stop his assassination.

• Options
    Yeah I tried a Mass Casualties playthrough without Thane, did the Kai Leng chase, said NOPE and deleted the save

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Save Ashley in ME1 and romance her, romance Miranda in ME2 and then let her die in the SM, as a result you get peak Angry Ash in ME3 and are forced to shoot her, all while she curses you to her last breath.

I mean, if you really want to be a dick about it.

Sorce on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    I know I've done Kasumis DLC, because I remember going to the party, but it's not showing up in my Origin account. So weird.

• Options
    Krieghund wrote: »
    I know I've done Kasumis DLC, because I remember going to the party, but it's not showing up in my Origin account. So weird.
    Maybe it's built in to the game now?

sig.gif
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »

No, but there's a "all the DLC" pack you can buy on Origin now, maybe that shows up differently?

• Options
    KaruwenKaruwen Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Before Origin you bought it directly from the Bioware site, I believe.

You should have an installation key there, but might have to download the installer from somewhere else. Not sure if Bioware offers it directly for download anymore.

Karuwen on
    Steam, Xbox Live & PSN : Karuwen
  • Options
    StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    The BioWare DLC store was such an annoying scam that there were times I actually didn't feel like installing and playing ME2 again for the 20th time.

• Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    Since I long-ago wore my Scientist Salarian shirt absolutely threadbare, my wife tracked down an unlicensed approximation for me for my upcoming birthday!

X0jiLfe.jpg

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    Strikor wrote: »
    The BioWare DLC store was such an annoying scam that there were times I actually didn't feel like installing and playing ME2 again for the 20th time.
    At one point or another I just said "fuck it" and kept all the installers on a backup drive. Installing may still be a PITA, but at least I don't have to re-download them too.

sig.gif
  • Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular

Remember when Valve forbid EA/BioWare from circumventing Steam this way, and there was a bunch of gamer outrage at Valve because the outcome was that Dragon Age II disappeared from Steam?

Good times. Don't miss them at all.

• Options
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Sorce wrote: »

No, but there's a "all the DLC" pack you can buy on Origin now, maybe that shows up differently?
    I just checked, and it's listed on the game's page under Extra Content->Expansions. If you own it, it'll say 'Download', if not, that's a purchase button. At least, if you're using the Origin Launcher/Store on PC.

sig.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2020

It was a relief to buy the DLC again (waited for one of the very rare discounts, mind you) in the bundle on Origin. Makes life so much simpler.
    Even though my default platform for the games is Xbox (the full support of them on Xbox One is a godsend), but of course I've got the lot on PC too.

Jazz on
  • Options
    This thread got me to reinstall Mass Effect and maybe run through the trilogy and Andromeda again. This time, I'm actually going to use the ridiculous amount of mods that are available for these games, since I've never done that. To add a bit of spice to the playthrough, all my big decisions will either be determined by coin flip or random number picker, starting with the character generation.

So I am playing as Zari Shepard, a ruthless colonist under the Sentinel class with bonus sniper rifle 'power'. Nothing major has happened yet, but I only just got to the Citadel for the first time.

sig.gif
  • Options
    And if there's any specific side-quests anyone wants to hear about, lemme know. I haven't decided how 'completionist' I'm going to be, other than probably skipping all the Gotta Catch Em All stuff like the medallions and Keepers and whatnot.

sig.gif
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    I'm getting closer on the helmet, but this is a bit too tight. I actually ended up cracking it in trying to get it on/off the doll. One more, slightly larger print is being created now.

zaeqv20m0ywu.jpg

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    Fleur de AlysFleur de Alys Biohacker Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Scanning all the fail / shitlord outcomes on the past page or two has been a trip. I didn't know most of these even existed. I don't think I could handle a gaming experience where I made any of them happen.

Kind of makes me wish games branched more in grey areas instead of the Superhero-That's-Also-An-Angel vs. Even-Satan-Cringes axis. I can only think of two or three instances in the entire original trilogy that felt like choices to me, because doing anything else is whyyyyyy

Fleur de Alys on
    Triptycho: A card-and-dice tabletop indie RPG currently in development and playtesting
  • Options
    Even the most Paragon-y of Paragons has at some point at least considered kicking that Eclipse merc out of that window.

• Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    I always boot him out of the window.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    It's too good a line not to, him and the Blue Suns engineer on Omega

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    It's too good a line not to, him and the Blue Suns engineer on Omega

"You're working too hard" is very good.

I do enjoy the Krogan headbutt, though.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
This discussion has been closed.