The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[IC] Mutant: Year Zero: Adventures in the Dead Apple

2»

Posts

  • NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    Apologies, doing some traveling and internet has been spottier than I expected.

    While most of the posters are illegible Zent is able to piece together the basic message. Stay Calm, Trust the Authorities, Help Will Come. Based on the lack of privacy and the minimal amount of supplies it doesn't look like this shelter was intended to last for long, no more than a couple days or so. There isn't anything of value here in the main room, the fact that the other room where the rat-dog-thing was staying was secured is probably where anything more valuable would have been stored.

    Looking into the smaller room the rat-things route of entry is immediately clear. A tunnel its open into the room. It hardly seems big enough for the creature to have entered into, but the Elder has told you that rats can collapse their ribs to fit into tight spaces before, so maybe rat-dog-monsters can do the same thing. The tunnel is damp and the humidity is thick here.

    There is another cot in this room, along with a desk and chair. The desk is full of papers that have since rotted away. There is a secured case though, that is still sealed. Fortunately, the key is nearby as well and you able to unlock it quickly to find a rifle. It's nothing like the crude contraptions that you make back at the Ark. This thing is smooth and still shiny in all the right places. This is a murder machine. You find the bullets in a separate container in the desk where unfortunately they haven't been stored so securely and are ruined now.
    Since Zent already rolled Comrehend we can just apply that roll to this. Assault Rifles stats: Gear Bonus +3 to Shoot. Weapon damage 2, Long range. Has a clip, which means that you don’t need to reload after every shot. Capable of full automatic fire. Dev Bonus of +D6 Technology and D6 Warfare.

  • El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    "Wonderful!" said Veritas. "This will be a huge help in defending ourselves and the group."

    She looks at the gun and then at Zent, then at the rest of the group. "Finders keepers, is it?"

    mrpaku wrote: »
    my name is precisionk and i'm ten tanks

    wrath God fear traitor evil
  • DeadfallDeadfall Registered User regular
    Wager reached out for the gun. A magnificent thing. A weapon like that would make him a king, or at least let him barter his way to a throne somewhere. But he pulled back. No, he was on a mission, with others. Others that would protect him and help him return home. And he liked home. And at any rate, the Fixer was never great at handling crude pipe guns, much less a weapon such as this. He nodded at the others.

    "I prefer to haggle my way outta trouble, rather than blow it up. Enjoy."

    He rummaged through the paper scraps and shrugged.

    "I'd like to find that rig up the river I would."

    BFzWh4r.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
    www.hoptonogood.com - Beer/Adventure/Life
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    Zent

    Zent watched as Wager retracted his hand , he then turned to Veritas and nodded appreciatively.

    He quickly knelt down and picked up the gun from the container . "I'll hold onto it until we get back. his expression was blank.

    Zent rolled his tongue as his eyes looked around momentarily lost in thought .

  • admanbadmanb the bored genie Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Vex

    Vex stretches and yawns as the group passes the gun around. They look over at Zent and say, "What do you think, boss? Should we start looking for a boat or something to get to that rig?"

  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    Zent

    Zent's eyes momentarily land on Helda. It crosses his mind it might be a good idea for the best shot there to have the newfound weapon. He thinks to himself when he hear's Vex's voice. He saves that thought for later.

    "Hm." He looks around again , this time to Veritas "Can any of this be used to help us across?". Zent motioned to the cots and the cases. "...or made to help?"

  • El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited June 23
    Veritas

    Veritas shrugs. "I can try to put something together that will last long enough to get us there...and probably back? Hmm..."
    Geth roll 5d6+3d6 for Wits+Jury Rig

    Wits+Jury Rig:
    5d6+3d6 38 [5d6=2, 4, 4, 6, 5] [3d6=6, 6, 5]

    El Skid on
    mrpaku wrote: »
    my name is precisionk and i'm ten tanks

    wrath God fear traitor evil
  • NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    That gives you two stunts, so you can make it more durable and larger, you'll be able to put something together that will safely get everyone there and back. Assuming what's there doesn't kill you.

  • El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    Veritas

    Veritas nodddd to herself happily. Finding the strange apparatus that seemed to have been used for holding liquid had been key, and the light white foam had certainly helped as well to make the whole thing buoyant enough for the group... so long as nobody leaned over too far too fast. The wooden handles with parttially decayed bristles would work nicely for oars.

    Overall it was much better than she could have hoped for.

    "All aboard!" She said happily, gesturing to the vaguely boatish thing in front of them.
    I'm picturing a plastic and fiberglass jacuzzi with styrofoam attached round the outside with duct tape, and a broom and a rake for oars heehee. Hope its okay to adlib those details...

    mrpaku wrote: »
    my name is precisionk and i'm ten tanks

    wrath God fear traitor evil
  • NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    Veritas' makeshift boat takes the rest of the early afternoon to assemble, but you'll be able to get to the oil rig with a couple hours to spare. The vessel is, if not seaworthy, able to get you where you need to go. The water is shallow for the most part but you never run aground. The most worrying moment on your trip to the oil rig is when something underwater brushes against your raft. Whatever it is is big, about as big as the rafft it. It almost nuzzles your vessel before slipping away back into deeper waters.

    Finally you approach the oil rig. There is a metal ladder that is remarkably rust free leading up to the rig itself. It is able to hold all of your weight without difficulty and you can tie the raft to it to ensure you are not stranded here. The climb up is a bit nerve wracking, have you ever climbed up this high before? With a firm grip though there is nothing to worry about until you reach the top.

    Then you have quite a bit to worry about as you are greeted by a fresh body, covered in blood with flies buzzing around him. His stomach has been torn open, hopefully from a vulture since it took a bite or two as well. There's no bullet would or stab markings. In fact, his body is in remarkably good shape, no sign of mutation or old scars or anything. If he hadn't been beaten to death he would be healthier than any of you.

    Inside the platform is still light from the sun, but there are plenty of shadows for someone to hide in.

  • admanbadmanb the bored genie Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Vex

    Vex, last up the ladder, gags and turns away from the corpse, then finds themself looking down -- too far down -- and blood rushes to their head as their pulse heartbeat. "Fuck," Vex says quietly, "fuckfuckfuck." Their knuckles whiten as they grip the ladder tight, and after what seems like ages they pull themselves up, all while trying not to stare at the corpse.

  • DeadfallDeadfall Registered User regular
    Wager

    Wager followed close behind. The height didn't bother him much, and he was more curious at the corpse than repulsed. His brass knuckles once again graced his fingers as he stepped inside and looked around.

    BFzWh4r.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
    www.hoptonogood.com - Beer/Adventure/Life
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    Zent

    Zent wasn't use to climbing. He kept a respectable pace, but was a tad upset with himself he wasn't better trained for this. Reaching the top with his cohorts, he looks upon seeing the dead body. His face remained emotionless. He took the assault rifle from off his back and promptly handed it off to Helda.

    "Best if you have it while we're up here.."


    Even though Zent had hopes of returning the gun to the dawnvault, survival took precedence. He moves a few feet closer attempting to discern if the vulture had indeed torn the man's stomach open or if they had something scarier to worry about.
    geth roll 5d6 for Know the Zone which I have zero in

    Know the Zone which I have zero in:
    5d6 20 [5d6=3, 4, 4, 5, 4]

  • El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited July 5
    Veritas

    Veritas looked at the corpse (from a safe distance) and thought for a moment- she was sure she'd come across something like this before...

    Geth roll 5d6+1d6 for wits+Know The Zone

    wits+Know The Zone:
    5d6+1d6 23 [5d6=6, 5, 3, 2, 1] [1d6=6]

    El Skid on
    mrpaku wrote: »
    my name is precisionk and i'm ten tanks

    wrath God fear traitor evil
  • NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    Information about the vultures(?) comes from Zent's roll and is a mix of truth and falsehood, the information about the corpse from Veritas' roll and is thus true for sure.

    Wager gets a quick look inside while the rest of you stare at the corpse. You can see some papers scattered about, some of which have bloodstains on them. There are a set of tools nearby, useful but nothing you don't have at the ark, just wrenches and such. No sign of anyone else over here, but this rig is big enough to hide lots of surprises.

    Zent examines the man's body carefully. Something has ripped some big pieces of flesh out, something with sharp teeth. Or possibly claws. The Ligers that the people before used to breed for entertainment, they could do something like this to a man. Is it possible in their vanity that the people before would have wanted one of those dangerous beasts on a rig like this? As a guard or maybe mascot. You will have to be on the lookout.

    The Liger, or whatever beast, isn't what killed the man. Something hard and heavy was used to beat his head, neck, and shoulders. One arm is broken as well, a defensive would most likely. The hits to the head are what probably killed the poor man. And a man indeed is what he seems to be, like the Elder and the other old folks that raised you there isn't any sign of mutation on him. But the man is barely older than any of you.

  • El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    Veritas will search the corpse for any valuables, and assuming nothing jumps her she'll continue on into the Rig

    mrpaku wrote: »
    my name is precisionk and i'm ten tanks

    wrath God fear traitor evil
  • NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    The corpse doesn't have anything of value, no bullets, no weapons, did the killer take them or did he just feel that safe here?
    Veritas leads the group further into the rig, your eyes adjusting to the gloom inside. There after more signs of life scattered about. A pile of blankets in the corner as a makeshift bed, a mural on the wall showing a sunny day, a trash bin with fish bones and scales.
    Suddenly from the next room there is movement. A woman stands there and stares at all of you in amazement as you stare back. She is covered in dried blood and holds a length of pipe in one hand. She screams and runs for deeper in the rig before any of you can do anything.

  • admanbadmanb the bored genie Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Vex

    "Shit!" Vex yells in shock. They immediately start after the woman while yelling back to the group, "catch her -- don't kill her!"

  • NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    Roll Agility + Move to see if you catch up to her.

    Vex follows the woman deeper into the rig. Some of the rooms deeper in have lights on, still functioning despite all these years. There are more murals on the walls as well, along with signs of habitation. And another corpse, a woman bludgeoned to death in front of the doorway, the shock of seeing the body might give the woman you're chasing the chance to escape.

  • admanbadmanb the bored genie Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Vex
    Geth, roll 3d6 for Agility + Move

    Agility + Move:
    3d6 5 [3d6=1, 2, 2]

  • NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    Vex stumbles in shock seeing the dead body and fails to notice the bucket of paint on the floor. Placing one foot in it they fall with a loud bang as the mysterious woman slips into another room and out of sight.

    The new room they find themselves in is much like others that they passed on their way in. There are murals on the walls, stories of the people who lived here. On one wall looks to be an elaborate family tree spanning at least seven generations. On another shows the residents of the rig battling an immense fish,

    As for the dead woman she has been beaten to death. She is wearing a similar outfit to both the corpse and living woman you saw earlier. She seems older than the other two though, not as old as the Elder but her face is wrinkled and her left hand is missing two fingers, though the injury has long since healed.

  • NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    giving this a bump. The mysterious woman is back hiding for now, but the rig isn't so big that you couldn't find her as a group if you searched systematically.

  • NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    Checking one last time if anyone is still interested @admanb @el skid @Egos @Grunt's Ghosts @Deadfall

  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    I'd be game. Though I think we should flesh out npcs and pc relationships/connections, it feels a bit nebulous at the moment.

  • NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    It doesn't look like anyone else is interested Egos so I guess I'm going to call it dead.

2»
Sign In or Register to comment.